GOG Deals Thread

[quote name='rapsodist']Is this something that's necessary even for GOG's version of the games? I thought they update their versions of the games to stay current.[/QUOTE]

I honestly can't speak on GOG Version - since I have the OLD versions of T1 and T2 from Retail; and System Shock 2 (another Dark Engine game).
Maybe someone else can speak on that...?

Seriously - those Old Dark Engine games (T1, T2, and SS2) can be a ROYAL pain to get going and keep going stable; especially on modern hardware.

The New Dark Engine (that T2 Unofficial Patch 1.19 introduced, SS2 Patch 2.24 introduced, and TFFix V 1.11 introduced into T1) basically fixed any sort of oddness from sound issues, also added support for Open AL, stops crashes, allow NEW high-res support, uses a new renderer for the FMV's, and all kinds of other stuff - so it runs nice on modern systems.

Personally, I'm surprised by how much I spent. I picked up the three Legacy of Kain titles as well as Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. (Don't look at me like that; I always wanted to play the Tomb Raider that got Core Design shut down.)

As always, DRM-Free. I'd say that's not bad at all for under $12.

I already bought Anachronox a while back. Snag it if you haven't.

Full disclosure, my uncle is Tom Hall, creator of this game and thus my Keen avatar (from his id days). I'm very biased...but I love this game. Great voice acting, great writing...just a great game. It's really an adventure game disguised as an RPG according to Tom.

[quote name='aaronmills']I already bought Anachronox a while back. Snag it if you haven't.

Full disclosure, my uncle is Tom Hall, creator of this game and thus my Keen avatar (from his id days). I'm very biased...but I love this game. Great voice acting, great writing...just a great game. It's really an adventure game disguised as an RPG according to Tom.[/QUOTE]

You didn't even get it for free!?

60% off sale prices valid until Tuesday Ocober 9 at 3:59 AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/activision_weekend_promo_05_10_12/

GABRIEL KNIGHT: SINS OF THE FATHERS
$2.39
GABRIEL KNIGHT 2: THE BEAST WITHIN
$2.39
GABRIEL KNIGHT 3: BLOOD OF THE SACRED, BLOOD OF THE DAMNED
$2.39
INTERSTATE '76 ARSENAL, THE
$2.39
INTERSTATE '82
$2.39
ZEUS + POSEIDON (ACROPOLIS)
$3.99
CAESAR 3
$2.39
PHARAOH + CLEOPATRA
$3.99
VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE - REDEMPTION
$2.39
QUEST FOR GLORY 1-5
$3.99
BETRAYAL AT KRONDOR PACK
$2.39
RETURN TO KRONDOR
$2.39
PHANTASMAGORIA
$3.99
PHANTASMAGORIA 2
$2.39
CALL TO POWER 2
$2.39
KING'S QUEST 1+2+3
$3.99
KING'S QUEST 4+5+6
$3.99
KING'S QUEST 7+8
$3.99
POLICE QUEST 1+2+3+4
$3.99
POLICE QUEST: SWAT 1+2
$3.99
SPACE QUEST 1+2+3
$3.99
SPACE QUEST 4+5+6
$3.99
ARCANUM: OF STEAMWORKS AND MAGICK OBSCURA
$2.39
SWAT 3: TACTICAL GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION
$3.99
DARK REIGN + EXPANSION
$3.99
DARK REIGN 2
$2.39
TORIN'S PASSAGE
$2.39
ZORK ANTHOLOGY, THE
$2.39
RETURN TO ZORK
$2.39
ZORK NEMESIS: THE FORBIDDEN LANDS
$2.39
ZORK: GRAND INQUISITOR
$2.39

Promo Details
Weekend Promo: Activision Greats

Arcanum, Gabriel Knight, Zeus+Poseidon, Quest for Glory 1-5, and 27 other Activision games 60% off!

As the weekend draws near, it's time to reveal the next exciting promo on GOG.com. Behold the Activision Greats, a superb collection of 31 memorable titles. Oh, wait... that's wrong. What I meant was: 31 game boxes. Some of them contain more than just one game, so the actual number of Activision Greats amounts to impressive 54 titles! And you can get them all 60% off until Tuesday Ocober 9 at 3:59 AM GMT. Let's take a peek into some of the boxes!

Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magic Obscura summons the spirit of Fallout into a unique world where steampunk meets fantasy in a creative mixture of imagination and pure isometric RPG awesomness. In Arcanum, you get the absolute freedom to create any kind of character you want and pursue whatever quest you find the most fitting. If you're looking for a game that will drain dozens of hours of your free time--here's your best pick!

Gabriel Knight, a tormented young writter, came to be a celebrity of the point-and-click adventure genre. The first game he stars in--subtitled "Sins of the Fathers"--features beautiful pixel-art graphics, over 7000 lines of fully-voiced dialogs, and a dark story balancing on the verge of madness and occult. The game launched a successful and recognizable series that earned its place in the adventure games' hall of fame. Be sure to check the other two games that complete the trillogy: Gabriel Knight2: The Beast Within and Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned.

Quest for Glory 1-5 is an amazing collection of Sierra's innovative action-RPGs. Each of the five games can be played as a whole but you can also treat the series as one big adventure, as the character and his accumulated wealth can carry on from one game into another. Become a mage, a thief, or a knight and explore the five huge worlds, each based on a different culture and mythology, from Germanic fairy tales, through Arabian and Slavic folklore, right down to Greek myths. Experience the game that set many standards in the "new school" of computer RPG.

Those excellent games are but a tip of the iceberg of Activision awesomeness. There are dozens of other fantastic titles you can grab 60% off, so head out to Activision Greats promo page and go nuts!

[quote name='aaronmills']I already bought Anachronox a while back. Snag it if you haven't.

Full disclosure, my uncle is Tom Hall, creator of this game and thus my Keen avatar (from his id days). I'm very biased...but I love this game. Great voice acting, great writing...just a great game. It's really an adventure game disguised as an RPG according to Tom.[/QUOTE]

Tell your uncle I helped Kickstart his new RPG. I hope they reach their goal so they can make two of them.

[quote name='sunghost']So uh.. which out of the Activision titles are must haves?[/QUOTE]

If you liked the old Fallout 1 & 2 classics (turn-based, party-based strategic-style RPG)...
ARCANUM!

Arcanum is SEVERELY underrated.
Arcanum is a mix of steampunk, Industrial Era, Victorian era & medieval-fantasy.

Make sure you turn-off Real-Time Mode, unless you got a fast character. Or, you'll NEVER have a chance.
Throw it into classic Turn-Based Mode - so it plays fair and plays like Fallout 1 & 2.

Though, it's a Troika Game, which are usually quite buggy...
...so make sure you do get the newest Unofficial Patch from DrogBlackTooth.

EDIT:
Arcanum has a very unique soundtrack and is one of the best game-soundtracks I've ever heard.

That's awesome about your uncle creating commander keen. I seriously spent so much time with that game, just popping around on the pogo stick all the time while I was a young kid. I was actually just talking to someone about that game (and the XFL for some odd reason) the other day.

Now on topic... which is the best Thief game to get now? I wont have time to play all of them so id rather take a suggestion about which is best. Also are there any texture or graphics mods for any of then that will work with Windows 7?

[quote name='MysterD']If you liked the old Fallout 1 & 2 classics (turn-based, party-based strategic-style RPG)...
ARCANUM!

Arcanum is a mix of steampunk, Industrial Era, Victorian era & medieval-fantasy.

Make sure you turn-off Real-Time Mode, unless you got a fast character. Or, you'll NEVER have a chance.
Throw it into classic Turn-Based Mode - so it plays fair and plays like Fallout 1 & 2.

EDIT:
Arcanum has a very unique soundtrack and is one of the best game-soundtracks I've ever heard.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll probably buy Arcanum. What about the other games?

[quote name='sunghost']Alright, I'll probably buy Arcanum. What about the other games?[/QUOTE]

I'm a sucker for adventure games. I'll be buying all the Gabriel knight games.

[quote name='sunghost']Alright, I'll probably buy Arcanum. What about the other games?[/QUOTE]

That's the only one I really played & have out of the club.

I do have VTM: Redemption from GOG (and I've had it for a while, too) - but I ain't even played it yet...

Definitely picking up the Krondor games and King's Quest games. I've been waiting for those. I'll probably pick up the Gabrield Knight games as well.

[quote name='sunghost']So uh.. which out of the Activision titles are must haves?[/QUOTE]

Gabriel Knight trilogy
Police Quest games
King's Quest games
Quest for Glory pack
Zork games

[quote name='MysterD']If you liked the old Fallout 1 & 2 classics (turn-based, party-based strategic-style RPG)...
ARCANUM!

EDIT:
Arcanum has a very unique soundtrack and is one of the best game-soundtracks I've ever heard.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommend! Bought.

Interstate '76 Arsenal for $2.39 (borrows a lot from the Car Wars rule set).:whee:
Also snagged it's lesser sequel I'82 (simpler, closer to twisted metal)

If you like car combat games, I can't recommend I'76 enough. I loved it back in the day, and it's a genre that that hasn't seen much love.

I would strongly recommend the Quest for Glory series. I would say that Quest for Glory I the VGA version is one of the best games ever made.

[quote name='Palinn']I played early King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry but never Space Quest. How does this series compare?[/quote]
Space Quest was my favorite Sierra adventure game series. They're funny like LSL, but in a more PG family-friendly way. They pack a number of good sci-fi spoofs into them.

You can play the first Space Quest (and a few other Sierra games) online for free here:
http://sarien.net/

BTW, the creators of Space Quest are working on a new space-themed adventure game:
http://guysfromandromeda.com/

And Leisure Suit Larry is getting remade once again:
https://www.replaygamesinc.com/

[quote name='Palinn']Has anyone tried out these remakes?
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eldredpe']How is that legal?[/QUOTE]
My understanding is that Activision has decided not to sue fan projects as long as they're done for free.

This site has VGA remakes of Space Quest 2 and Kings Quest 3 (also!)
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/home/index.php?page=games

I've played a bit of Kings Quest 1 remake and Space Quest 2 remake. Graphically they're great (if you like the 90's style, 256 colors, 320x240 graphics of later Sierra games) and the mouse interface is easier to get into than the old-school parser interface. And the writing and puzzles are straight out of the originals. The voice-acting, however, can sometimes leave something to be desired.

There's also fan-made sequels, such as the King's Quest adventure The Silver Lining (though Activision stopped them from using the name King's Quest):
http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php

Space Quest has too many fan sequels to list here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Quest#Fan-made_games

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll end up buying the Gabriel Knight series, Quest for Glory, and Arcanum. Might also get Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, but it's got mixed reviews..

[quote name='gentlyporking']By far Space Quest was the best out of the Sierra adventure series (IMHO) and was only second to the Monkey Island games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='marsilies']Space Quest was my favorite Sierra adventure game series. They're funny like LSL, but in a more PG family-friendly way. They pack a number of good sci-fi spoofs into them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Space Quest recommendations and marsilies thanks for the additional information on fan remakes. I am definitely going to check some of them out. Maybe I will try the online version of Space Quest as well before buying the series.

Tossing in another vote for Interstate '76. Had it back in the day, loved it. Now if only Activision would work with GoG to get Hyperblade on the service, it could be on sale too :[

Added Quest for Glory 1-5 and King's Quest IV, V, VI to my list of weekend damages (including Arcanium, I76, & I82). Since the King's Quest 1-3 pack didn't have the VGA remake I couldn't bring myself to bother (having spent plenty of time on the Apple ][ version of KQ1). I have fond memories of KQ5. KQ7 & KQ8 were excluded because of my severe dislike for Disney-esque graphics and early 3D. (Yes, I skipped the Kingdom Hearts series too.)

[quote name='Palinn']Has anyone tried out these remakes?
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for that. I remember poking at that 10 years ago. KQ1-3, check. Kinda makes me wish for a Yaoi themed remake: King's Quest II: Bromancing the Stones. :bouncy:

[quote name='marsilies']
Space Quest was my favorite Sierra adventure game series. They're funny like LSL, but in a more PG family-friendly way. They pack a number of good sci-fi spoofs into them.

You can play the first Space Quest (and a few other Sierra games) online for free here:
http://sarien.net/

BTW, the creators of Space Quest are working on a new space-themed adventure game:
http://guysfromandromeda.com/

And Leisure Suit Larry is getting remade once again:
https://www.replaygamesinc.com/

My understanding is that Activision has decided not to sue fan projects as long as they're done for free.

This site has VGA remakes of Space Quest 2 and Kings Quest 3 (also!)
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/home/index.php?page=games

I've played a bit of Kings Quest 1 remake and Space Quest 2 remake. Graphically they're great (if you like the 90's style, 256 colors, 320x240 graphics of later Sierra games) and the mouse interface is easier to get into than the old-school parser interface. And the writing and puzzles are straight out of the originals. The voice-acting, however, can sometimes leave something to be desired.

There's also fan-made sequels, such as the King's Quest adventure The Silver Lining (though Activision stopped them from using the name King's Quest):
http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php

Space Quest has too many fan sequels to list here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Quest#Fan-made_games
[/QUOTE]

More linkies. Thank you!

[quote name='asheskitty']Added Quest for Glory 1-5 and King's Quest IV, V, VI to my list of weekend damages (including Arcanium, I76, & I82). Since the King's Quest 1-3 pack didn't have the VGA remake I couldn't bring myself to bother (having spent plenty of time on the Apple ][ version of KQ1). [/QUOTE]
The official remake of King's Quest 1 was in EGA, not VGA, although it had better resolution and redone graphics, and added sound card support for PCs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Quest:_Quest_for_the_Crown#1990_remake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:King's_Quest_I_screenshot_comparison.png

It is a shame that both the King's Quest and Space Quest bundles don't include the remakes though, for completeness sake at least. That's why I was glad to see the Quest for Glory pack had both original and remake versions of Quest for Glory 1.

This is a little off the topic right now but since Anachronox was recently on sale at GOG and people here love classic games, I thought it would be worth mentioning that Tom Hall (creator of Anachronox) and Brenda Brathwaite (Wizardry 8) are teaming-up for an "Old School RPG" through Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...g-by-brenda-brathwaite-and-tom-hal?ref=search

$15 gets you a digital copy of the game with higher tiers for things like boxed copies, signed copies and even a personally hand-delivered copy. They will release it DRM free and also through Steam.

They're at about $200,000 with 27 days to go to reach their $1M goal. If they reach $1.9M they will make 2 games. Funding ends Nov. 4th at 9:15 EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronmills']This is a little off the topic right now but since Anachronox was recently on sale at GOG and people here love classic games, I thought it would be worth mentioning that Tom Hall (creator of Anachronox) and Brenda Brathwaite (Wizardry 8) are teaming-up for an "Old School RPG" through Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...g-by-brenda-brathwaite-and-tom-hal?ref=search

$15 gets you a digitalcopy of the game with higher tiers for things like boxed copies, signed copies and even a personally hand-delivered copy. They will release it DRM free and also through Steam.

They're at about $200,000 with 27 days to go to reach their $1M goal. If they reach $1.9M they will make 2 games. Funding ends Nov. 4th at 9:15 EST.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aaronmills']Full disclosure, my uncle is Tom Hall, creator of this game and thus my Keen avatar (from his id days). I'm very biased...but I love this game. Great voice acting, great writing...just a great game. It's really an adventure game disguised as an RPG according to Tom.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bosamba']Tell your uncle I helped Kickstart his new RPG. I hope they reach their goal so they can make two of them.[/QUOTE] :razz:

Interstate 76 was one of my favorite games when released, but I tried to play it when it was rereleased on GOG and found it unplayable. I had no problems running it, it's just that the gameplay felt very dated.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_12_10_12/

PANZER GENERAL 2
$3.99

PANZER GENERAL 3D ASSAULT
$3.99

DRIVER®: PARALLEL LINES
$3.99

HERITAGE OF KINGS: THE SETTLERS™
$3.99

SETTLERS® 2: GOLD EDITION, THE
$3.99

MIGHT AND MAGIC® 6-PACK: LIMITED EDITION
$3.99

MIGHT AND MAGIC® 7: FOR BLOOD AND HONOR™
$2.39

MIGHT AND MAGIC® 8: DAY OF THE DESTROYER™
$2.39

MIGHT AND MAGIC® 9
$2.39

HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC®
$3.99

HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC® 2: GOLD EDITION
$3.99

HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC® 3: COMPLETE EDITION
$3.99

HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC® 4: COMPLETE
$3.99

HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC® 5: BUNDLE
$7.99

CRUSADERS OF MIGHT AND MAGIC
$2.39

SILENT HUNTER® 2
$3.99

TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON®
$3.99

TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX®
$3.99

TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL®
$3.99

FAR CRY®
$3.99

FAR CRY® 2: FORTUNE'S EDITION
$3.99

IL-2 STURMOVIK™: 1946
$3.99

PRINCE OF PERSIA®: THE SANDS OF TIME
$3.99

PRINCE OF PERSIA: WARRIOR WITHIN
$3.99

PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE TWO THRONES
$3.99

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL™
$3.99

BATTLE ISLE PLATINUM (INCLUDES INCUBATION)
$3.99

BATTLE ISLE: THE ANDOSIA WAR
$2.39

XIII
$2.39

HEROES CHRONICLES: ALL CHAPTERS
$3.99

RAYMAN® FOREVER
$2.39

RAYMAN 2: THE GREAT ESCAPE
$2.39

RAYMAN 3: HOODLUM HAVOC
$2.39

POD GOLD
$2.39

SPEED BUSTERS: AMERICAN HIGHWAYS
$2.39

ASSASSIN'S CREED®: DIRECTOR'S CUT
$7.99

Promo Description:
Weekend Promo: Ubisoft Catalog

11 Might & Magic games, Far Cry 1&2, Prince of Persia trilogy, and 20 more Ubisoft games 60% off.

Welcome to the fantastic realms of Ubisoft Catalog. The publisher is famous for releasing original titles, full of pure gaming magic and memorable moments. This weekend you can get more than 40 Ubisoft titles 60% off their regular price. Amazing action-adventures in the ancient Middle East or a dystopian future, first person perspective shooters telling the stories of secret agents or special forces operatives stranded on dangerous islands, strategies set in fantastic lands, the distant future, or our very own mundane reality, colorful platformers, racing games, dungeon-crawling RPGs--all this and more waiting for you and tempting you with low, low prices. Let's put some titles in a spotlight, shall we?

Might and Magic is one of the 1990s iconic RPG series that sprouted into a successful line of fantasy strategies loved and cherished by gamers worldwide. Now you can retrace the whole history of the Might and Magic games, beginning with the classic dungeon-crawlers bundled in the Might and Magic 6-pack, through the timeless Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - Complete Edition, to the beautiful modern Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Bundle. You can even check out the intriguing action-rpg spin-off: Crusaders Might and Magic. A whole fantastic universe awaits you!

Far Cry and Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition will take you on a dangerous voyage through breathtaking locations filled to the brim with dangerous foes and ruthless beasts. This elaborate FPS titles were deemed revolutionary--not only in the graphics layer, but also for their huge maps allowing for some open ended gameplay. Are you ready to face the tropical heat?

All of those Ubisoft games, and many more, can be yours for 60% off this weekend. Go to the promo page to check out the details of this Ubisoft Über-sale!

I will say this again, as I've said it a billion times before:

Might and Magic 1-6 Collection for $3.99. WORTH IT FOR 6 ALONE. One of the best PC RPGs of all time.

Does anyone remember if the Heroes I-III games were ever cheaper than this? I think there was a bundle on Gamestop downloads recently but forgot the price.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers, an insanely imaginative indie action-puzzler with cartoony graphics, crazy characters, and remarkable level design, is available on GOG.com for
$3.99 (60%) off until Thursday, October 25 at 10:59 GMT.

Game Description:
A strange planet filled with sand, giant rocks, and forgotten mysteries, becomes the scene of an ultimate conflict between two mortal enemies: Tiny (the Bullied) and Big (the Bully). The hero of this story endured being bullied, mocked, and robbed of his possessions by his nemesis for years. But then Big crossed the final line and stole a pair of undies that belonged to Tiny's beloved grandfather. Something had to be done. Accompanied by his overly talkative AI backpack, armed with a industry-grade laser cutter, a rocket launcher, and a handy grappling hook, our protagonist sets off to chase after his oppressor and reclaim his heritage. His quest takes him into the depths of the Forsaken Desert, a place where strange is the new black.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers is what Portal would look like if it was a Ren & Stimpy cartoon. The physics-based puzzles, odd humor, and heavily stylised graphics create a unique blend of fun and challenge, that you simply have to taste for yourself. Cleverly designed stages and original mechanics give you the opportunity to approach each puzzle from many different angles and experiment in a sandbox environment.

In a world where old underpants become a matter of life and death, one man is brave enough to go after his mortal enemy. GOG.com presents: Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers.

Damn this thread has tricked me almost all month when I see it in the first few post. I keep coming in to see what Legacy of Kain is on sale for and see that I missed the sale and it was over almost three weeks ago.

I swear to God, I think I've been waiting for 2 years for Alpha Centauri to go on sale. Why on Earth is GOG punishing me like this?

[quote name='zubalove']I swear to God, I think I've been waiting for 2 years for Alpha Centauri to go on sale. Why on Earth is GOG punishing me like this?[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $2.99 on May 21, 2012. Not to mention it was on sale during Christmas last year. =/

You must be missing something.

[quote name='zubalove']Story of my life, my friend.

Thanks for the pep talk though...
:applause:[/QUOTE]

Haha np, just keep your eyes open. ;)

I'll try to remember to post here when it goes on sale again, and I'll try even harder to PM you about it. =]

The promotion will last until Tuesday, October 30 at 03:59 GMT.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/nordic_developers_games_weekend_promo_26_10_12/

Alan Wake $14.99
Alan Wake's American Nightmare $7.49
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey $7.49
The Longest Journey $4.99
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $7.49
Pure Pinball 2 Redux $2.99
Legend of Grimrock $7.49
Trine $4.99
Enclave $2.99
Ground Control + Expansion $2.99
Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus SE $2.99
Flatout $2.99

Promo Description
Winter draws near. The wind plays with the few remaining autumn leaves, the days grow short, the air gets colder and colder--well, at least that's how it is in central Europe. Faces against the chilling wind, we look to the North, the cradle of the Viking Games. Let's look at some titles coming from the developers whose ancestors sailed the raging seas in their mighty drakkars.

Alan Wake Part survival horror, part detective novel, part action, and part adventure--a must-have for fans of exciting thrillers and sublime story-telling. When the wife of the best-selling writer Alan Wake disappears on their vacation, his search turns up pages from a thriller he doesn’t even remember writing. A Dark Presence stalks the small town of Bright Falls, pushing Wake to the brink of sanity in his fight to unravel the mystery and save his love.

Legend of GrimrockPure-blooded dungeon crawling game with grid-based movement and thousands of squares, riddled with hidden switches, pressure plates, sliding walls, floating crystals, forgotten altars, trapdoors, and more. The game sports tile-based movement combined with real-time combat. You control a party of four prisoners, either using the pre-made adventurers or by carefully creating your own desperate crew.

Trine is a physics-based action game where three characters combine their powers to devise clever solutions to challenges created by hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics where each character's different abilities and tactics can be used to invent new ways to overcome obstacles and save the kingdom! With enchanting visuals, beautiful music, and stunning attention to detail throughout the entire adventure, Trine is a real treat for puzzle and platformer fans alike!

These titles, and many more, are available 50% off on GOG.com this weekend, so put on your warmest hats and jackets before heading North to the promo page and brace your games, winter's coming!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Steam has had plenty of these cheaper. A Halloween sale would be more appropriate.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. GOG dropped the ball here. Maybe they will make up for it next week on Halloween. Fingers crossed.

I never look at GoG and Steam has direct competitors, to be honest. Sometimes I like the GoG version for more assured Win7 compatibility and the extras, even if it's a couple bucks more. Not like buying the same game from, say, Amazon or Gamefly. In this case, I might get Dreamfall.

bread's done
Back