GOG Deals Thread

Rise of the Triad: Dark War, for only $2.39 until Thursday, September 13 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Promo Details:

Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the amazingly aggressive, blatantly brutal, and curiously crazy classic FPS, is discounted by 60% on GOG.com for the next 24 hours!

Welcome, welcome, dear HUNT trainee! I'll be your weapons allocation officer today and I feel that we're gonna have a jolly good time. A new selection of not-so-conventional weapons has just arrived in our armory. Lemme give you a quick tour! See this big one here? It's called the Flamewall. Flame-wall! Why? Well, duh! It shoots a wall of flames, silly. An unstoppable wall of blazing fire, that consumes every ounce of human flesh in its way and leaves nothing behind but delightfully charred skeletons. What? Can you use it against non-human targets? Well... I suppose so, but why would you ever want to do that? Let's move on. This! This is one of my favorites. Behold the fearsome Excalibat! Ah, I saw that doubtful expression. You think it's just a baseball bat covered in luminescent paint? Well you're wrong! It's magic. I swear it is! Insane? Who do you call insane? Wait till you get deployed in the Triads backyard. I've been there! I've seen it all! Those damn cultist will show you the true meaning of insane! Well, what are you waiting for? Grab your guns and scram! Damn rookies...

Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the planned Wolfenstien 3D sequel that happened to become so much more, is easily distinguishable from the contemporary first person shooters. It stood out so much in the genre that was still taking its first unsure steps towards maturity, that it only can now be described as underrated and underappreciated at the time of release--a fate shared by many pioneering titles. This game had Wolfenstein-grade fanatics for bad guys, Duke-worthy humor, and multi-layered level design that Doom lacked. It had a variety of multiplayer modes (for up to 11 players!), and a No One Lives Forever-esque storyline. In many ways it was foreshadowing its rivals and anticipating features of its successors. The reboot/remake that is currently developed by the revived Apogee Software is aiming to capture the charm of the classic version. But before that happens--make sure to get well-acquainted with the original.

Load the heavy guns and cripple some crazy cultists in Rise of the Triad: Dark War, for only $2.39 until Thursday, September 13 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Game Description:

What's cool about it:
Old-school first person shooter with an arcade feel
Fire, explosions, gore and gibs all over the place!
Cool weapons, including the drunk missile launcher, Excalibat and the Hand of God

Overview:
You are part of an elite group of operatives called HUNT (High-risk United Nations Taskforce), and you must stop a maniac cult leader from killing millions of people. While scouting a remote island, you are suddenly surrounded by enemy troops with guns blaring. In the distance you see your boat - your only chance to escape - blown to matchsticks. In front of you is a huge fortress monastery, and your only chance to stop the madness.

You are e quipped with awesome, high-tech weaponry like heat-seeking missiles, split missiles and the Flamewall cannon, which leaves a trail of charred skeletons in its wake. It's your assignment to annihilate and destroy - to ensure peace on Earth.

Age requirements: ESRB Rating: MATURE with Animated Blood and Gore.

Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 2GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard.

[quote name='Bosamba']Rise of the Triad: Dark War, for only $2.39 until Thursday, September 13 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Promo Details:

Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the amazingly aggressive, blatantly brutal, and curiously crazy classic FPS, is discounted by 60% on GOG.com for the next 24 hours!

Welcome, welcome, dear HUNT trainee! I'll be your weapons allocation officer today and I feel that we're gonna have a jolly good time. A new selection of not-so-conventional weapons has just arrived in our armory. Lemme give you a quick tour! See this big one here? It's called the Flamewall. Flame-wall! Why? Well, duh! It shoots a wall of flames, silly. An unstoppable wall of blazing fire, that consumes every ounce of human flesh in its way and leaves nothing behind but delightfully charred skeletons. What? Can you use it against non-human targets? Well... I suppose so, but why would you ever want to do that? Let's move on. This! This is one of my favorites. Behold the fearsome Excalibat! Ah, I saw that doubtful expression. You think it's just a baseball bat covered in luminescent paint? Well you're wrong! It's magic. I swear it is! Insane? Who do you call insane? Wait till you get deployed in the Triads backyard. I've been there! I've seen it all! Those damn cultist will show you the true meaning of insane! Well, what are you waiting for? Grab your guns and scram! Damn rookies...

Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the planned Wolfenstien 3D sequel that happened to become so much more, is easily distinguishable from the contemporary first person shooters. It stood out so much in the genre that was still taking its first unsure steps towards maturity, that it only can now be described as underrated and underappreciated at the time of release--a fate shared by many pioneering titles. This game had Wolfenstein-grade fanatics for bad guys, Duke-worthy humor, and multi-layered level design that Doom lacked. It had a variety of multiplayer modes (for up to 11 players!), and a No One Lives Forever-esque storyline. In many ways it was foreshadowing its rivals and anticipating features of its successors. The reboot/remake that is currently developed by the revived Apogee Software is aiming to capture the charm of the classic version. But before that happens--make sure to get well-acquainted with the original.

Load the heavy guns and cripple some crazy cultists in Rise of the Triad: Dark War, for only $2.39 until Thursday, September 13 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Game Description:

What's cool about it:
Old-school first person shooter with an arcade feel
Fire, explosions, gore and gibs all over the place!
Cool weapons, including the drunk missile launcher, Excalibat and the Hand of God

Overview:
You are part of an elite group of operatives called HUNT (High-risk United Nations Taskforce), and you must stop a maniac cult leader from killing millions of people. While scouting a remote island, you are suddenly surrounded by enemy troops with guns blaring. In the distance you see your boat - your only chance to escape - blown to matchsticks. In front of you is a huge fortress monastery, and your only chance to stop the madness.

You are e quipped with awesome, high-tech weaponry like heat-seeking missiles, split missiles and the Flamewall cannon, which leaves a trail of charred skeletons in its wake. It's your assignment to annihilate and destroy - to ensure peace on Earth.

Age requirements: ESRB Rating: MATURE with Animated Blood and Gore.

Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 2GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard.
[/QUOTE]

Love this game. Great old school shooter and great price. I paid $2.99 for it and was happy.

Sale expires on Friday, September 21 at AM 9:59 GMT
Save 30% to 65% depending on how many games you buy/already own from GOG.com

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/hasbro_stacking_promo/

BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA
BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS: DIAMOND EDITION
ICEWIND DALE 2 COMPLETE
ICEWIND DALE COMPLETE
TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL, THE
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: DRAGONSHARD
FORGOTTEN REALMS: DEMON STONE
PLANESCAPE: TORMENT

Promo Details

The Best of The Best. Unrivaled Champions of the genre. Nine of the Greatest. The Supreme Achievement of isometric era. Matchless. Perfect. 11 out of 10. Yes, you've guessed it--we're talking about D&D RPGs. From now until Friday, September 21 at AM 9:59 GMT you can buy fantastic Hasbro RPGs from the world of Dungeons and Dragons up to 65% off! If by some terrible twist of fate you didn't have the chance to add all of those Diamonds to your collection, now is a chance to correct this terrible injustice. Let's take a peek into the treasury, shall we?

In the center of our D&D chamber we've got the iconic Baldur’s Gate: The Original Saga and Baldur’s Gate II: Complete that collectively received over 10 “Best game of the year” awards from publications such as PC Gamer, Eurogamer, Computer Games Magazine and IGN. And in the cold, ice-filled corner there's the Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 series that brought the D&D license to a more combat-oriented RPG gaming. The strange shimmering light comes from the inter-dimensional portal where Planescape: Torment resides. Winner of multiple RPG and Game of the Year awards in 1999, it is widely considered as one of the best storytelling RPGs in gaming history.
The treasure chamber wouldn't be complete without Neverwinter Nights--a game with a great single player campaign that offers even greater multiplayer experience and modding capabilities. This game is literally one you could play the rest of your life, if you were determined to get through every single user-created campaign or keep attending a multi-player server. And don't forget about the somewhat underrated gems in the collection! Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard is a fascinating blend of RPG and RTS. Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone is an action RPG with some interesting tactical elements to go along with the usual hack and slash of the genre. Finally, Temple of Elemental Evil, one of the tougher tactical RPGs ever--so hard that it balances on the fine edge of fairness.

A short news post like this is not nearly enough to give justice to each single D&D Diamond available in this promo. And because GOG staff loves D&D so much we are going to tell you about our personal experiences with those games throughout the week, starting tomorrow. But enough talk! Let the D20s roll! Visit the promo page to complete your collection of Diamonds of D&D!

I hate when they do the variable percentages like this.

If it was a flat 50% off I'd have picked up two games, probably.

As it is I'm not going to get anything.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I hate when they do the variable percentages like this.

If it was a flat 50% off I'd have picked up two games, probably.

As it is I'm not going to get anything.[/QUOTE]

Yup me too.

Same here. I was excited to pick up a few when I first got the email, but it'll cost me almost as much to pick the games I want as it would if I bought all of them. I'll wait for a better sale.

Yea, another plus 1 here. I read about Obsidian's new kickstarter in bed, then got the Gog email. I planned on getting PS:T and was going to ask here what other one to buy. THEN I noticed the pricing. Sorry, no buys from me.

EDIT: I'm not going to help any last minute deal seekers since we're in the last 10 hours and I have other things I'd rather do, so my offer to help is now kaput.

I bought all of them last promo, so boo. I think the price I would pay is way cheaper for any gifts I buy since I already own all of them, so that could be useful. I think I get the 65% off on any number of the games, which I just verified with the whole pack and a single game (Planetscape: Torment for $3.49 I believe). Sweet deal if you know someone like me who's got all of them. Anyone really want some of the games at the max discount?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone buy the new release FTL: Faster Than Light. I've been playing the beta for a couple of weeks, and this game has let me live out my dreams of captaining a sci-fi spaceship, from rerouting power to shields to sealing hull breaches.

Updated OP.

As for To The Moon, I can't really recommend it one way or the other. This is the cheapest it has been yet, although it will get cheaper soon enough. The popular consensus also seems to be that it will be in a bundle any day now, so you may want to wait it out.

As far as quality of the game is concerned, it's gotten some good reviews, mostly for the story and music. I haven't played it, so I can't say much, but it's made with RPG Maker XP. You can download many, many great RPG Maker made games for absolutely free in the communities for this program, so paying money for one that may or may not be an amazing game is a little tough for some people (including me).

The D&D sale is ending soon also. I tried posting an explanation on how the discounting system works for this sale in the OP, so if you're looking for classics like Baldur's Gate and Planescape, check out the sale before it ends. These games don't go on sale all that often.

[quote name='Sandrock7383']fuck, i missed to the moon[/QUOTE]
I'd guess that it'll be $2.50 in the Steam Winter Sale, so don't feel too bad.

Don't have the time to update the OP right now, but there's an Atari sale over the weekend (most notably Riddick for $5.99).

Weekend Promo: Atari All-Stars

Master of Orion series, Silver, Outcast, Rollercoaster Tycoon series, and more Atari All-Stars 60% off

Accelerate into amazement, astonishment, and astoundment as the abundant amassment of authentic Atari awesomeness arrives! Our new Atari All-Stars weekend promo offers you with an incredible selection of 26 Atari games and you can get each and every one of them 60 (yes: s-i-x-t-y!) percent off. Whatever your taste in games might be, you're sure to find something new (or old) and exciting for yourself. We've got space strategies, tales of the Wild West, lovecraftian survival adventures, ultra-violent shooters, theme park sims, medieval RPGs, nautical adventures, and more. So much more. Let's look at some of the games from this supreme selection to give you a better idea of what kind of a promo you're dealing with here. Shall we begin with something otherworldly?

Master of Orion 1+2 series is a paragon of sci-fi managerial strategy. Lead your race towards galactic domination in a universe full of opportunity. Those games are so complex and satisfying, that you could easily play them for years.

Silver is a colorful RPG that looks like a fairy tale and plays a lot like one of Final Fantasy games. It was, however, developed in Europe so its setting, aesthetics, and storytelling are something completely different than what you would've expected to see in a jRPG.

Outcast is an incredible adventure in a open-ended sci-fi world. The game uses the retro-futuristic technology of voxel graphics to represent one of the biggest and most imaginative gameworlds ever to grace computer screens. Check out this unique gem that really came ahead of its times.

Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe lets you create and manage the amusement park of your dreams. Design the rides, set the prices, draw in visitors, and let the profitable fun begin! Be sure to check out the sequel, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, and the feature-filled Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! for even more theme park building pleasure.

I was gonna jump on some of the games in the Atari All-Stars promo, but it turns out my debit card doesn't allow for international purchases.

Damn it.

Right now they're doing a promo on the Square Enix catalog.

60% off for the following titles:
THIEF™ GOLD
$3.99
THIEF™ 2: THE METAL AGE
$3.99
THIEF™ 3: DEADLY SHADOWS
$3.99
CONFLICT: DESERT STORM
$2.39
DEUS EX™ GOTY EDITION
$3.99
DEUS EX 2: INVISIBLE WAR
$3.99
HITMAN: CODENAME 47
$2.39
HITMAN 2: SILENT ASSASSIN
$3.99
ANACHRONOX
$2.39
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER
$2.39
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2
$2.39
TOMB RAIDER 1+2+3
$3.99
TOMB RAIDER: THE LAST REVELATION + CHRONICLES
$3.99
TOMB RAIDER: THE ANGEL OF DARKNESS
$3.99
PANDEMONIUM!
$2.39
LEGACY OF KAIN: DEFIANCE
$2.39

Link
Goes until October 2, 3:59 AM GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Perimeter and Soldiers: Heroes of World War II are also 66% off, because due to licensing issues, they will no longer be available to purchase after Monday, 9:00 AM GMT. Link

Some great deals on the Square Enix titles. I'm definitely in for Anachronix. Thanks for keeping the thread updated everyone.

[quote name='placebo3369']Does anybody know if the Kain games or Pandemonium or the Tomb Raider games work with a controller?[/QUOTE]

Even if they don't, a program like Joy2Key makes a controller work with anything. ;)

Awesome! Picked up the Thief trilogy - might go back for more. Now if they put Sierra games on sale, I'll pick up the Krondor games, and I'll be ecstatic.

Fantastic deal on Anachronox. This is the first time it's been discounted on GOG, if you have any interest in it, buy it now. Grabbed it and Pandemonium, still wondering if I should get the Tomb Raider and Kain series.

[quote name='sunghost']Fantastic deal on Anachronox. This is the first time it's been discounted on GOG, if you have any interest in it, buy it now. Grabbed it and Pandemonium, still wondering if I should get the Tomb Raider and Kain series.[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason to grab the GoG version if I have the original retail version?

[quote name='MysterD']In for Anachronox.[/QUOTE]
Decided to grab it too. If all else fails, it was $2.39 and my mom my enjoy it, lol.

The Thief series is really awesome. It's the ancestor of Assassin's Creed, and in many ways I prefer it. It's dated, but the stealth elements and strategic gameplay are superb. If you don't already have it, buy it.

Also, this music video will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfUjCCFontE

[quote name='Blade']The Thief series is really awesome. It's the ancestor of Assassin's Creed, and in many ways I prefer it. It's dated, but the stealth elements and strategic gameplay are superb. If you don't already have it, buy it.
[/QUOTE]

I need to go back and find all the fan-made missions that I have for Thief - some of those were amazing.

[quote name='sunghost']Fantastic deal on Anachronox. This is the first time it's been discounted on GOG, if you have any interest in it, buy it now. Grabbed it and Pandemonium, still wondering if I should get the Tomb Raider and Kain series.[/QUOTE]

This was not a good time to lose my job...

I wonder why Blood Omen 2 isn't on sale. It's one of the few S-E games not on sale. The others that aren't on sale were all recent releases on GOG.

Blood Omen 2, Startopia, Urban Chaos and Gangsters came out less than a month ago. It's kinda soon for them to go on sale.

[quote name='MysterD']If you have Thief 2, make sure you get the NEW Unofficial Patch 1.19...
If you have Thief 1, make sure you get the newest TFix (that uses T2 Patch 1.19 namely for the New Dark Engine).

You really need these to run the game stable and solid on modern systems at high-res's and to keep the game from acting up, crashing, or any other madness for God knows what reason...[/QUOTE]

Is this something that's necessary even for GOG's version of the games? I thought they update their versions of the games to stay current.

bread's done
Back