GOG Deals Thread

Waiting for the Alan Wake games to hit $7.50 combined on Steam.

[quote name='bshirk']Waiting for the Alan Wake games to hit $7.50 combined on Steam.[/QUOTE]
Complete with the DLC, that is probably a very long way off. Alan Wake has been out for ages and it's still held it's value pretty well (at least on the PC, where it's supposed to shine).

Feel free to wait, but seeing as this is DRM free, comes with all the extras, etc, this is the best deal you're going to see for a long time to come.

Hell, I justified not picking up The Chronicles of Riddick since I already have it unplayed in my Xbox 360 collection, but I couldn't do the same for Alan Wake since I haven't bought American Nightmare yet.

For the price of $15.28 which includes everything, I couldn't wait since by the time I get off work tomorrow morning the sale would be over. Time to trade in Alan Wake I guess :booty:.

In for the Alan Wake bundle. Already have AW on 360, but want to play it on PC with all the bells and whistles anyways. American Nightmare is just icing on the cake.

I'm halfway through Indigo Prophesy and it is pretty engaging and I like it quite a bit. I like doing the everyday things and keeping your characters feeling well. I also really like the different perspectives and controlling multiple people to weave the storylines together. I had a bit of a revelation when Carla was looking for the fax Tyler said he'd immediately fax to her, but it wasn't coming. I thought it was cool to switch over to control Tyler and start the fax on his end and have it show up at Carla's place.

The short Simon strings are fun, like in interviews a success means Lucas will get a hint of what direction to lead the conversation and a fail will eliminate some of the dialogue options. The long action Simon sequences are the worst thing for me and pull me out of the story.

[quote name='Mikocouch']sarcasm detected bro???[/QUOTE]

Haha, nah. Alan Wake is great, but I was just hoping for a 75% off sale on American Nightmare and a similarly good deal on the original since I already own it on 360. I liked the first game, but CAG has unleashed my inner cheap ass.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Complete with the DLC, that is probably a very long way off. Alan Wake has been out for ages and it's still held it's value pretty well (at least on the PC, where it's supposed to shine).

Feel free to wait, but seeing as this is DRM free, comes with all the extras, etc, this is the best deal you're going to see for a long time to come.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was trying to predict its sales trajectory, but yours sounds reasonable, and it is still a pretty good deal at this price despite me being a bit skeptical of American Nightmare's quality.

[quote name='bshirk']Thanks, I was trying to predict its sales trajectory, but yours sounds reasonable, and it is still a pretty good deal at this price despite me being a bit skeptical of American Nightmare's quality.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't say either way, but I've heard good of it here and there. As for the price, it may hit something similar to this during the Steam sale, but personally I'd rather take the sure bet, get the game DRM free, and snag all the extra goodies. There's even some goodies with the DLC.

In the end you're only gonna save or lose a couple bucks in the long run, so I always say "buy it if you want it". On the other hand, if there's any possible way to convince yourself to not spend even MORE money on games, you should probably go with that. :lol:

Gemini Rue $4.99
Defcon $4.99
Multiwinia: Survival of the Flattest $4.99
Uplink $2.99

" Gemini Rue is a tense, surprising, and challenging sci-fi point-and-click from the publishers of Resonance and the Blackwell Bundle. DEFCON is a Global Thermonuclear War Simulation in which you prepare your military forces, and nuclear silos, make or break alliances with other superpowers, and finally, fire zee missiles! Multiwinia is the multiplayer-focused (but not multiplayer-only) sequel to Darwinia, a fantastic RTS with simple game mechanics, but great strategic depth. Uplink is a hacker simulator--not your typical game, but strangely entertaining and believable."

Prices are good until Thursday, July 19 at 06:59 PM EDT.

I'm still about the classic DOS-era games first and foremost, but GOG wasn't playing around when they talked about expanding their catalog. They're host to an incredible collection of varied sources and seem like they're drastically improving by the day.

OP updated.

Realize that some of these will be popping up in the Steam indie bundles, which will be $10 each (most likely, as the first one was), but will come with a lot more games. Gemini Rue is in with an Ys game, so that's a good bet if you're interested in both of them.

Ubisoft Strategy and Sim Games Save 50%
Sale prices last until Monday, July 16 at 11:59 PM EDT.

SETTLERS® 2: GOLD EDITION, THE $4.99
PANZER GENERAL 2 $4.99
PANZER GENERAL 3D ASSAULT $4.99
BATTLE ISLE PLATINUM (INCLUDES INCUBATION) $4.99
BATTLE ISLE: THE ANDOSIA WAR $2.99
CHESSMASTER® 9000 $4.99
HERITAGE OF KINGS: THE SETTLERS™ $4.99
SILENT HUNTER® 2 $4.99
IL-2 STURMOVIK™: 1946 $4.99

Promo Description:
This weekend, a fantastic set of games from Ubisoft can be purchased 50% off. You can buy The Settlers 2: Gold Edition, Panzer General 2, Chessmaster 9000, Battle Isle Platinum, and more great games for half-price until Monday, July 16 at 11:59 PM EDT.

There is plenty of gaming goodness available 50% off this weekend on GOG.com, but we recommend you start with the two Settlers games that are simply all the best gaming has to offer on managing a civilization. The Settlers® 2: Gold, considered by many the best game in the series, is a classic real-time strategy focused on economy and logistics. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers™ takes a little different approach and introduces some refreshing elements to the series. If you haven’t played The Settlers, please do yourself a favor and buy them now!

Panzer General 2 is a turn-based strategy game which should appeal to history maniacs and grognards (that’s “wargame fanatics” to us regular folk) alike, but not only to them, since it’s one of the greatest and most memorable wargames of all time. Panzer General 3D: Assault is the first title of the series to include 3D graphics, which kind of made it look like an actual tabletop game. If you regret that you weren’t born a World War II general, get the Panzer General games on GOG.com for $4.99 each, this weekend only.

Battle Isle Platinum covers a huge chunk of the acclaimed turn-based strategy/tactics series and consists of:
- Battle Isle 1, which includes Data Disk 1 & Battle Isle ‘93 & Historyline: 1914-1918,
- Battle Isle 2 plus the Scenery CD “Titan’s Legacy”,
- Battle Isle 3 along with extensive video sequences,
- Incubation and the Wilderness Missions.
That $4.99 package should easily keep your inner strategist busy for weeks, or months if you work for a living! In addition to that, you should grab the fourth installment (fifth if you count Incubation :p) of this fantastic series, Battle Isle: Andosia War, DRM-free for only $2.99.

Cleaned things up on the OP and tried to make it prettier.

A couple new releases (Pirates!, To The Moon, etc), but no new sales lately. :(

Or instead of 66% off both, you can buy one or the other alone for 50% off... which puts The Witcher 2 about 3 dollars above buying both games together. So there is NO incentive AT ALL to buy the sequel by itself.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Or instead of 66% off both, you can buy one or the other alone for 50% off... which puts The Witcher 2 about 3 dollars above buying both games together. So there is NO incentive AT ALL to buy the sequel by itself.[/QUOTE]

Anybody think its worthwhile to pick up Witcher 2 for $13 .59?

Kinda pisses me off that I bought the first during the sale a few weeks ago waiting on a sale for this one and now this...

Any recommendations? (better price for DRM free version anywhere) or is this the best I can expect shy of waiting a year or two for a under $10 sale?

[quote name='uncle5555']Anybody think its worthwhile to pick up Witcher 2 for $13 .59?

Kinda pisses me off that I bought the first during the sale a few weeks ago waiting on a sale for this one and now this...

Any recommendations? (better price for DRM free version anywhere) or is this the best I can expect shy of waiting a year or two for a under $10 sale?[/QUOTE]
It just was at $16 on a flash Steam sale, so don't expect any lower a price for awhile (at least not until Winter). $13 is really good.

It's up to you on whether you want it on Steam or not though. For $16 you get it on Steam (if it comes back up for sale, which it probably will) and the code will also redeem on GOG for a DRM free version. This is cheaper though, obviously.

[quote name='uncle5555']Anybody think its worthwhile to pick up Witcher 2 for $13 .59?

Any recommendations? (better price for DRM free version anywhere) or is this the best I can expect shy of waiting a year or two for a under $10 sale?[/QUOTE]

13.59 is the cheapest I have ever seen it. It went on the sale for the steam summer sale for $16 and that was the cheapest I had seen it before. For $13.59 its a steal. Incredible game and extremely high re-playability

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wow, sweet deal. Would jump on it if I didn't already have them.

OP updated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for updated the thread title. I might have missed this deal.

It's a funny sale, since they just had Witcher 1 on sale for about double what it is now.

At least they're adapting to prices elsewhere and not just stubbornly sticking to their prices. GOG seems to be pretty on the ball so far.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's a funny sale, since they just had Witcher 1 on sale for about double what it is now.

At least they're adapting to prices elsewhere and not just stubbornly sticking to their prices. GOG seems to be pretty on the ball so far.[/QUOTE]

Well.. GOG owns The Witcher franchise so it only makes sense that they use similar prices for it on both Steam and GOG.

[quote name='sunghost']Well.. GOG owns The Witcher franchise so it only makes sense that they use similar prices for it on both Steam and GOG.[/QUOTE]
Aware of that, but after seeing how they priced it under a month ago, I'm surprised at the drop. I hardly see those kinds of shifts all too often.

Then again, if it won the Battle of the Games vote, it would have been $3.99, which isn't much higher than this. Still, interesting to see another drop so soon on the same site.

Very cool of GoG, I already owned Witcher 1 from GoG, and they gave me 66% off for completing the series. It's very nice to see places who treat previous and repeat customers just as good as new ones.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It just was at $16 on a flash Steam sale, so don't expect any lower a price for awhile (at least not until Winter). $13 is really good.

It's up to you on whether you want it on Steam or not though. For $16 you get it on Steam (if it comes back up for sale, which it probably will) and the code will also redeem on GOG for a DRM free version. This is cheaper though, obviously.[/QUOTE]

I don't use Steam precisely because of DRM, I know some people take it with a grain of salt, but I won't tolerate it in any form. That's why I love GOG.com.

[quote name='kendog1331']13.59 is the cheapest I have ever seen it. It went on the sale for the steam summer sale for $16 and that was the cheapest I had seen it before. For $13.59 its a steal. Incredible game and extremely high re-playability[/QUOTE]

And thanks to both of you, I'll pick it up then, I appreciate the quick responses to help me out. :)

[quote name='rschauby']Very cool of GoG, I already owned Witcher 1 from GoG, and they gave me 66% off for completing the series. It's very nice to see places who treat previous and repeat customers just as good as new ones.[/QUOTE]

Yeah another reason why I needed to know from people following the pricing of the game, I've been interested, just didn't know how good of a deal it was is all. And I do appreciate that customer loyalty they have going on, that means a lot too.

Ya know my friend pirated Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition and had just given to me yesterday when I see this. Seeing GoG offer $13.5 for Witcher 2 since I already bought Witcher 1 from them is just something I can't pass on. It's really awesome to see customer service like this where they take care of not just new, but previous customers too. Go GOG!

[quote name='Blinkerizo']does witcher 1 & 2 activate on steam?[/QUOTE]
GOG sells DRM free games, meaning no activation codes, clients, nothing. You buy the game, download the setup, install it, play.

They do not sell Steam keys.

[quote name='chimpian']finally nabbed witcher for a sale price.
thanks op[/QUOTE]

congrats :)
you will enjoy it for sure

Sale price valid until Thursday, July 26 at 10:59 AM GMT.
Darkstone $2.39 (60% off)

GOG Gem Promo: Darkstone

Due to the popularity of our Gem promos--and our ever-growing catalog!--we're making Gem promos every Wednesday now. More gems for everyone! Huzzay!

Darkstone, a classic hack-and-slash that introduced 3D graphics into the genre, will have you hacking through hordes of horrors with a 60% discount for the next 24 hours.

If your name is Lord Draak and you wield the power to transform yourself into a giant dragon, becoming an evil overlord seems like an obvious career choice. And when, by some strange and totally unexpected twist of fate, you end up deprived of your magic, banished from the realm, and nearly killed, you have no other option but to gather back your minions and devise a new evil plot to terrorize the land and rebuild your dark domain. Right? RIGHT?! Well, tough luck, Lord Draak--Darkstone isn’t about you. It’s about the valiant heroes that are coming to get you.

In Darkstone a party of up to four adventurers set off on a quest to free the realm of Uma of its oppressor. In the co-op multi-player mode each player controls one of them. In single-player you can switch between two characters and the computer will assume the role of the one you’re currently not handling. There are four provinces to explore, each with its own set of quest-filled, procedurally-generated dungeons to keep you busy and boost the game’s replay value.

13 years after its release, Darkstone remains one of the most memorable titles of the hack-and-slash genre! Start dungeon crawling now, for only $2.39 until Thursday, July 26 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Really liked Darkstone back in the day. The 3D graphics look dated now, but I remember it being a pretty decent Diablo clone with co-op multiplayer. For this price, I think I'll go ahead and pick it up again.

Missed the last Gem promo they had, and once I saw "Darkstone 60% off" I had to move immediately. Been wanting that game since... well, since it originally came out. Thank you!

[quote name='sunghost']I'm probably in the minority, but I actually liked Indigo Prophecy a lot more than Heavy Rain.. I don't think you'll regret your purchase, but I wonder what the controls are like, and if it has gamepad support? I don't think I'd want to play it with a keyboard/mouse lol.[/QUOTE]

Gamepad support was messed up for me. Couldn't get the 360 controller working. Ended up just using the completely weird ass keyboard controls..... great game though.

I don't have any deals to post, but just felt like saying that even though I've been strictly a console gamer for the past 10 years or so, I've decided to go back to my roots and get some old PC games. What better place than GOG, right? Anyway, my first purchase is...

Anachronox ($5.99)
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/anachronox

It's a game I meant to play way-back-when, but couldn't because my computer wasn't fast enough at the time. Now, a decade after its release, I'm finally able to play it. Better late than never.

Deal ends Tuesday, July 31 at 03:59 AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/adventure_games_weekend_promo
11TH HOUR, THE
$4.99
SIMON THE SORCERER
$2.99
SIMON THE SORCERER 2
$2.99
SIMON THE SORCERER 3D
$2.99
FEEBLE FILES, THE
$2.99
JOURNEYMAN PROJECT 2, THE
$2.99
JOURNEYMAN PROJECT 3: LEGACY OF TIME, THE
$2.99
DREAMFALL: THE LONGEST JOURNEY
$7.49
LITTLE BIG ADVENTURE 2 (TWINSEN'S ODYSSEY)
$2.99

Promo Description

Awesome Adventures 50% off this weekend!

Grab your hiking mouse and climbing keyboard and get ready for an amazing voyage--there’s a whole weekend full of adventure ahead of you. This weekend a great selection of adventure games is available 50% off on GOG.com. You can get Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen’s Odyssey), Simon the Sorcerer series, and many more spectacular titles for half-price until Tuesday, July 31 at 03:59 AM GMT.

Let’s start with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, the exciting sequel to one of the most acclaimed adventure titles in the history. In Dreamfall a young, unwitting heroine by the name of Zoë Castillo becomes involved in a complicated plot that endangers the existence of two parallel worlds: the technologically advanced Stark and magical Arcadia. To save them she sets off to search for April Ryan, who traversed the boundary between the realms ten years before. Dreamfall offers it all: intelligent dialogues, gripping story, and, most importantly, solving puzzles in a 3D environment using some unique in-game mechanics. We’re offering you Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 50% off for the next 3 days.

Little Big Adventure 2--better known as Twinsens Odyssey to Northern American players--continues the story of Twinsen, the hero of Twinsun, a colorful, yet dangerous world suspended between two suns. In his new quest Twinsen, whos’ now an accomplished wizard, travels in search of means to defend his planet from an outerworldly invasion. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg of trouble that he’ll have to face in this 3D action adventure game, certified with 5-star rating from GOG.com users. Little Big Adventure 2, a great game for kids to learn what video games should look and feel like, is fully localized in English, German, and French and text-localized in Spanish, Italian, and Portugese. Grab it now for only $2.99!

Simon the Sorcerer, Simon the Sorcerer 2, and Simon the Sorcerer 3D is a cherished series of adventure classics known for its tongue-in-cheek humor, devious puzzles, and countless allusions to popular fantasy books, games, and movies. While the first two games use hand-crafted pixel-art graphics and a traditional point-and-click interface with clickable on-screen commands, the third one takes Simon’s misadventures into a 3D environment while retaining all of its predecessors’ charm. Put yourself in the pointy shoes of a young apprentice of wizardry for 50% off, this weekend only on GOG.com

bread's done
Back