GOG Deals Thread

Inquisitor, Puddle, Pid, Defender's Quest, and A New Beginning, are tempting, but I'd hate to pick them up only to see them later be part of a Humble Indie Bundle.

I can pretty much Guarantee that Pid will end up in a bundle. Probably Defender's Quest too. Thing is, if they pop up in an Indie Royale, it's not gonna be that much better of a deal than what's here right now.

I'd much rather get the game I want for $2 then the game I want with four games I don't want for $6. Indie Royale has a bad habit of putting one headline game, one "maybe okay" game, and three fillers/puzzle games.

If anyone's doing the Harder, less restriction, YMMV method. I will commit to buying The Witcher. :)
Actually, I will commit to buying The Witcher from someone, either method.

For Gog, these prices are so cheap that I picked up ten games. They customarily don't do 80% discounts. May eventually be cheaper elsewhere but I would rather have DRM-free copies.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I can pretty much Guarantee that Pid will end up in a bundle. Probably Defender's Quest too. Thing is, if they pop up in an Indie Royale, it's not gonna be that much better of a deal than what's here right now.

I'd much rather get the game I want for $2 then the game I want with four games I don't want for $6. Indie Royale has a bad habit of putting one headline game, one "maybe okay" game, and three fillers/puzzle games.[/QUOTE]

Problem I'm having is finding 5 games I really want. Last time it was easier with 4 games that were pretty high on my list. (The funny thing is that two of those, Resonance and The Blackwell Bundle, are now in a Groupees bundle.) I do want "A New Beginning"; and "Legend Of Grimlock" and "Tiny & Big" are games I passed on in bundles that I could get, but they aren't strong must haves. So, I'll probably pass this time.

I did pick up FTL (not on GOG) because I've been wanting it. Played twice last night and died horribly.

[quote name='dys006']If anyone's doing the Harder, less restriction, YMMV method. I will commit to buying The Witcher. :)
Actually, I will commit to buying The Witcher from someone, either method.[/QUOTE]

If there's someone who wants 3 other games and already owns The Witcher and Riddick, I'd commit to Riddick.

In for A New Beginning if someone's doing a group buy; PM if so.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I have the witcher. No other games on this sale though.[/QUOTE]

I have The Witcher and Inquisitor on GOG from this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dys006']If anyone's doing the Harder, less restriction, YMMV method. I will commit to buying The Witcher. :)
Actually, I will commit to buying The Witcher from someone, either method.[/QUOTE]

I have the witcher. No other games on this sale though.

[quote name='Detruire']If there's someone who wants 3 other games and already owns The Witcher and Riddick, I'd commit to Riddick.[/QUOTE]

I have The Witcher (I think) and Riddick. I only really want Inquisitor and maybe Divinity II, though.

[quote name='gilby']I have The Witcher (I think) and Riddick. I only really want Inquisitor and maybe Divinity II, though.[/QUOTE]
So close.... :whistle2:(

[quote name='juanjava']I had the Witcher on GOG... Liked it too much I bought it again on Steam :)

Now, if only I finished it...[/QUOTE]
What would you say makes Witcher better/more unique than the next third person RPG? I've had both of them for ages, but I still haven't even installed them.

I think mainly that's because I think you have to be the ugly dude with white hair. No character customization really, huh?

[quote name='Idiotekque']What would you say makes Witcher better/more unique than the next third person RPG? I've had both of them for ages, but I still haven't even installed them.

I think mainly that's because I think you have to be the ugly dude with white hair. No character customization really, huh?[/QUOTE]

The Witcher series is more about your decision-making than anything else...and changing how the NPC's, game-world, game's actual path changes, & even how the game will change and end. And often - you make A LOT of these decisions. Sometimes, it's very obvious how things turned-out. Other times, it's very subtle.

When you make a decision, it's usually something in a VERY gray-area. Usually, you decide on something - and you DO NOT see the results of your action until numerous hours later. By the time you realize the outcome, you likely won't revert back to an old save b/c numerous hours already passed you by. It makes you pretty much have to live w/ your decisions.

Also, the results of these decision are usually shades of bad, horrible, and terrible. The game's world is often dark and very bleak.
Making a "good" decision doesn't always end in "good" outcome happening. Actually, that decision could be a lot worse than the "evil" decision.

Also, the game does go out its way to also let you make neutral decisions, as well - which is usually where Witchers supposed to often stand.

About combat - Witcher 1 is more point-and-click style and is timing-based. It's more KB/mouse friendly.
Witcher 2's combat is much more action-style and feels more like Dark Souls, actually - though, I don't think any RPG's direct-style of combat is really in Dark Souls' league. You could play Witcher 2's combat fine w/ either KB/mouse or a game controller.

Your character builds will be more interesting in Witcher 2, as there's more say options to choose at level-up than before in Witcher 1.

EDIT:
Also, The Witcher series is much more mature than other games. It's a Polish game - and well, they really don't hold back on stuff like nudity, sexual themes, adult themes, & things of that nature.
The games are extremely well-written and voice-acted, as well...

EDIT 2:
I highly reccommend you play The Witcher series. The games are awesome.
Oh, if you can run Witcher 2 on some High settings or better - or hell, even run it w/ SuperSampling on - prepare to drool.
The game's technically and artistically just bloody gorgeous to look at.

Is there anyone out there who still wants The Witcher from the GOG promo? That's the only game on the list that I already have, and I plan to pick up a bundle before the promo ends.

[quote name='Krugozor']Anybody interested in a last-minute group buy? I want the two Sam & Max games.[/QUOTE]
I would be in for Lucius

[quote name='Krugozor']Anybody interested in a last-minute group buy? I want the two Sam & Max games.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone had any success with getting GOG support to split the pick 5 bundle into multiple codes? If so, I'd be in for 2 games (Inquisitor and Defender's Quest) in a group buy.

[quote name='Razorfish']Has anyone had any success with getting GOG support to split the pick 5 bundle into multiple codes?[/QUOTE]

Hm, I didn't know this. Nevermind then.

[quote name='Razorfish']Has anyone had any success with getting GOG support to split the pick 5 bundle into multiple codes? If so, I'd be in for 2 games (Inquisitor and Defender's Quest) in a group buy.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't work that way mate, never has
You get one code .If you already have one of the games on your account, you can give the code to someone else who has a gog account and if they dont have the game on the code , it will be applied to their account.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Doesn't work that way mate, never has
You get one code .If you already have one of the games on your account, you can give the code to someone else who has a gog account and if they dont have the game on the code , it will be applied to their account.[/QUOTE]

I'm referring to the suggestion in the original/first post of this thread, contained in the SPOILER tag, which indicates (with the disclaimer "YMMV") that GOG support will split your bundle purchase into multiple codes if you ask.

Severose is the one to ask. The guide in the OP is by him, and he's the one who has had success (and failure, probably) using that method.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Severose is the one to ask. The guide in the OP is by him, and he's the one who has had success (and failure, probably) using that method.[/QUOTE]

He told me he found some posts on a forum saying that the GOG support method worked, however I haven't seen any posts on the actual GOG forum about that. Either way, it probably takes 1-2 days for GOG's support to respond to any tickets, so if you wanted to risk it.. you'd have to buy it within 8 hours.

IMO it's too much hassle, and there's the possibility that GOG's support will decline the request. If you were to contact their support a few days before the deal ended, then it may've been worth it.. but doing it at the last minute seems like a bad idea.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm just waiting for an Omikron cheap sale, whenever that might happen...[/QUOTE]
Huh, that looks super interesting. Those graphics have NOT aged well though, wow.

I'd probably have to pick that up if it hit a good sale though. Quantic Dream never fails to impress me (although I haven't played Heavy Rain, which seems to get a lot of flak).

[quote name='MysterD']I'm just waiting for an Omikron cheap sale, whenever that might happen...[/QUOTE]

It just got released on GOG, so I wouldn't expect a decent sale for at least a few months.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Huh, that looks super interesting. Those graphics have NOT aged well though, wow.

I'd probably have to pick that up if it hit a good sale though. Quantic Dream never fails to impress me (although I haven't played Heavy Rain, which seems to get a lot of flak).[/QUOTE]
If it hits a good sale, I'll be all over it.
I made a mistake, not buying it when Gogamer had it cheap.
Plus, I really want to hear that in-game David Bowie soundtrack. :D
I so hope and wish they'd make that Bowie Soundtrack an extra "goodie" in MP3 format - that'd be awesome!

I wish Heavy Rain would one day hit the PC.
I did like the 1st 2/3rds of Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit), but the last 1/3 was littered w/ game story cliches and QTE Hell.

EDIT:
[quote name='spoderman']It just got released on GOG, so I wouldn't expect a decent sale for at least a few months.[/QUOTE]
Probably.
My backlog says I can wait for such a sale... ;)

damn, i remember playing this on dreamcast. it had a sweet david bowie soundtrack and shit gameplay. i'd definitely pick it up for cheap.

[quote name='spoderman']It just got released on GOG, so I wouldn't expect a decent sale for at least a few months.[/QUOTE]
No rush here.

[quote name='MysterD']I did like the 1st 2/3rds of Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit), but the last 1/3 was littered w/ game story cliches and QTE Hell.[/QUOTE]
The QTEs were extremely annoying, but I loved the 2/3rds or so that I played as well. Great game.

[quote name='Idiotekque']No rush here.

The QTEs were extremely annoying, but I loved the 2/3rds or so that I played as well. Great game.[/QUOTE]

For me, great game...
...UNTIL the last 1/3rd.

So, that makes it just a GOOD game, to me.

[quote name='MysterD']For me, great game...
...UNTIL the last 1/3rd.

So, that makes it just a GOOD game, to me.[/QUOTE]
Because of the story or the uber hard QTEs?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Because of the story or the uber hard QTEs?[/QUOTE]
BOTH of those things absolutely ruined the last 1/3rd of Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit).

The whole "OMG, I must now save the world and the girl" and the entire QTE's galore just killed whatever great momentum Indigo already built-up...

Darn shame - the first 2/3rd's were telling me it could've been one of the best adventures ever made, if it stayed on track.
It didn't.

It choked more than Halo 1 did, IMHO.

Syndicate Wars is very odd... The story is pretty original, but it's very strange and difficult. I have it on the PSX and it didn't hold my interest very well.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm actually kinda psyched that Syndicate Wars is now on GOG, I never played it.

[/QUOTE]

It's a good game... but can't stand against the first one. I can install the first one today and play it to death... but wars... I don't know. Maybe the graphics aged bad, I didn't liked too much back then either. Graphics on the first game aged very well

[quote name='asheskitty']Yeah, I happily snapped up Syndicate a few months back. It aged well. I was also quite happy with the Mac DOSbox for it too.[/QUOTE]

I think my only complaint is that I didn't remember the pathing in it was so bad.

You click the pick-up zone, and they walk the opposite direction. Click a pixel away, and they turn around and head for the pick-up zone.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Shouldn't the thread name be changed? It says promo expired, or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
I was banned for a week and I'm the only who can change the topic title.

Plus I'm lazy.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I was banned for a week and I'm the only who can change the topic title.

Plus I'm lazy.[/QUOTE]

So what did you do with all that spare time?

I'm guessing you either lurked CAG or just sat around (given how lazy you are...)

[quote name='seamoss']So what did you do with all that spare time?

I'm guessing you either lurked CAG or just sat around (given how lazy you are...)[/QUOTE]
Why not both?

bread's done
Back