GOG Deals Thread

Bring it back??? That shit is always on sale and at 80% off for the full bundle
Jesus. I missed that? What's wrong with me? I've got the Anthology and NWN Collection off GamersGate. The 10 GB download and installation is such a mess. I hate the way those two bundles are packaged. In a very un-CAG move, I'm buying these games again from GOG. It's just a better package, despite the higher price. Now to wait until they go on sale again!

Bloodnet is now on GOG. I hate that game so much...
lol... from the review:

OH YES! Now we are talking real Games this game screws with your Mind In a good way I played the demo over a decade ago at the Electronics boutique and It kicked ass! was pissed I did not have the funds or the PC back then to play it! Buy it It is Hard Harder then all the other games out there REAL HARD!

lol... from the review:

OH YES! Now we are talking real Games this game screws with your Mind In a good way I played the demo over a decade ago at the Electronics boutique and It kicked ass! was pissed I did not have the funds or the PC back then to play it! Buy it It is Hard Harder then all the other games out there REAL HARD!
I really REALLY hate it. Real Hard.

You snooze you lose
That sounds like a threat coming from you.

755382cfe73a861c19d2e49cce64764e%3Fs%3D100%26d%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcache.cheapassgamer.com%252Fpublic%252Fstyle_images%252Fcag3_dark%252Fprofile%252Fdefault_large.png

Weekend deal: Daedalic Entertainment and Telltale Games, up to 75% off:

The Whispered World - $1.49
Tales of Monkey Island -
Deponia - $2.99
Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia - $9.99
Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia - $13.39
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, The - $2.99
Memoria - $9.99
A New Beginning - Final Cut - $1.49
Gomo - $5.35
The Night of the Rabbit - $9.99
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout + Harvey's New Eyes - $2.99
Sam & Max Save the World - $4.49
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space - $4.49
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse - $5.24
Back to the Future: The Game - $3.74
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - $2.99

http://www.gog.com/promo/telltaledaedalic_weekend_promo_10012014

Last edited by a moderator:
So-so weekend sale. Usually get these games on Steam and stick to older games on gog. I kind of want The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav but will wait for it on sale or bundled again or something to get it on Steam.

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures has been removed from steam. I can't think of any reason why this would have happened aside from licensing issues. If that is so, then it is possible that it might get yanked from GOG as well. Of course, for all I know, the reason for the game getting removed from steam might have no affect on the GOG version of the game. But it's something to consider.

It's 85% off now. Even if the game remains on GOG for years to come, it's not likely that it will be cheaper than that.

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures has been removed from steam. I can't think of any reason why this would have happened aside from licensing issues. If that is so, then it is possible that it might get yanked from GOG as well. Of course, for all I know, the reason for the game getting removed from steam might have no affect on the GOG version of the game. But it's something to consider.

It's 85% off now. Even if the game remains on GOG for years to come, it's not likely that it will be cheaper than that.
GOG announced officially that it will be removed soon. Best to buy it now if you have any interest in it.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekend_promo_adventures_now/post150

Weekend promo

60% off Winter Quest Fest
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - $2.39
Betrayal at Krondor Pack - $2.39
Caesar 3 - $2.39
Call to Power 2 - $2.39
Dark Reign + Expansion - $3.99
Dark Reign 2 - $2.39
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within - $2.39
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned - 2.39
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - $2.39  
Interstate '76 Arsenal, The - $2.39
Interstate '82 - $2.39
King's Quest 1+2+3 - $3.99
King's Quest 4+5+6 - $3.99
King's Quest 7+8 - $3.99
Phantasmagoria - $3.99
Phantasmagoria 2 - $2.39
Pharaoh + Cleopatra - $3.99
Police Quest 1+2+3+4 - $3.99
Police Quest: SWAT 1+2 - $3.99
Quest for Glory 1-5 - $3.99
Return to Krondor - $2.39
Space Quest 1+2+3 - $3.99
Space Quest 4+5+6 - $3.99
Spycraft: The Great Game - $2.39
SWAT 3: Tactical Game of the Year Edition - $3.99
Torin's Passage - $2.39
Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption - $2.39
Zeus + Poseidon (Acropolis) - $3.99

Return to Zork - $2.39
Zork: Grand Inquisitor - $2.39
Zork Anthology, The - $2.39
Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands - $2.39

Too damn lazy to put direct links.

I want the Sierra quest games, but I'd like a bit more discount than 60% if I'm going to grab the entire package (and perhaps the Gabriel Knight games, too.)

Call to Power 2 is also tempting.  One of my favorite gameplay moments in a civ game was in CtP2 when I got a computer player to cede its last city to me.  And it really seemed like a good decision on its part, too.

I want the Sierra quest games, but I'd like a bit more discount than 60% if I'm going to grab the entire package (and perhaps the Gabriel Knight games, too.)

Call to Power 2 is also tempting. One of my favorite gameplay moments in a civ game was in CtP2 when I got a computer player to cede its last city to me. And it really seemed like a good decision on its part, too.
This sale would have been perfect for bundling. Almost all of these games are on my wishlist, but yeah...60%? No thanks.

I blame Activision. Again.

Call to Power 2 is also tempting. One of my favorite gameplay moments in a civ game was in CtP2 when I got a computer player to cede its last city to me. And it really seemed like a good decision on its part, too.
CtP2 is tempting. I'd also point to very nice and free remakes of of KQ1-3 as well as Quest for Glory 2.

I got mine fast too which was great because I was totally looking forward to playing whatever this is...or whatever it is you're supposed to be doing with games... I seriously played this and since GOG doesn't track playing time you can't prove otherwise.  I killed shit, it was fun.  

I got mine fast too which was great because I was totally looking forward to playing whatever this is...or whatever it is you're supposed to be doing with games... I seriously played this and since GOG doesn't track playing time you can't prove otherwise. I killed shit, it was fun.
Is there a lot of killing in this P&C adventure game? That's unusual.

Heads up.

GOG Starts DRM-Free Time Machine Sale Tomorrow That Lets Gamers Extend Or Kill Deals
Daav Valentaten / 1 hour ago
Starting tomorrow, digital distribution storefront Good Old Games, which you all know as GOG.com, will launch a DRM-Free Time Machine Sale. It will, once more, give its community some agency over the deals that are running for a ton of classic PC titles.

By voting, people can add or subtract a second to any currently running sale. Additionally, it’s possible to purchase a game and add some time to the total of the deal as well.

This promotion is in a similar line as its Insomnia Sale, where a limited amount of keys would be up for grabs, instantly shifting to another discount once the current game was depleted. It’s GOG.com’s modus operandi to find new ways to promote games, much like a charity-driven sale before that. We enjoy that news a lot more than their recent forced removal of Fallout games from their catalog.

If you want an exact time to start checking and burden the servers, the sale starts on January 28, 2014 at 2PM GMT, which is also 9AM EST. Games will include Wizardry, Deus Ex and Legend of Grimrock, which might receive a price cut as deep as going for $0.59.

A short trailer for the DRM-Free Time Machine Sale can get you pumped already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Ifb3tZek4
http://ggtriple.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/gog-starts-drm-free-time-machine-sale-tomorrow-that-lets-gamers-extend-or-kill-deals/

Groan... Insomnia Revamped... at least it looks a bit more friendly this time.... where good deals should have a longer window and bad deals have a smaller window... unlike the insomnia sale.

I still prefer deals-on-schedule.

If Riddick gets to 80% off, I don't know if I can hold myself back from purchasing a game I that already own (but on a different service and with DRM) and stuck in backlog limbo. Heck, I even watched the new Riddick movie recently and Pitch Black last night so the game has been on my mind lately.

Don't do this to me GoG. 

If Riddick gets to 80% off, I don't know if I can hold myself back from purchasing a game I that already own (but on a different service and with DRM) and stuck in backlog limbo. Heck, I even watched the new Riddick movie recently and Pitch Black last night so the game has been on my mind lately.

Don't do this to me GoG.
No way, I want this!

bread's done
Back