GOG Deals Thread

The Insomnia sale was good times! Glad to see GOG doing something similar again. I just wish more publishers would put their games on GOG because I've already got a large chunk of the stuff available there that I want.

Oh jeez I JUST paid off some bank fees (70 bucks for overdrawing ten? God Bless America) so hopefully being at school all day will give my wallet time to rest. Just hope I don't miss the Real Texas again

Time Machine sale has started. First up

Zork Anthology - $1.79 (70% off)

This started with (I think) 90 minutes on the countdown clock. I guess we all get to vote on adding time to the countdown, or subtracting time. There doesn't appear to be a set number of copies this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 second.
Me too...I just saw a +8 sec...so what is the rationale there. "Shit, I'm going to be gone for exactly 90 min, if I add a sec to the timer, I'll still be able to buy it before 90 min, 1 sec comes up. Woo-hoo!"

This 1 second thing is Lamzorz.....should be random +/- 1d100 seconds per vote.

Buying the game removes your ability to vote, or perhaps counts as a positive vote because who the fuck would be voting to add time?

Anyway, if everything is going to be up for at least an hour, that instantly makes this sale much easier to follow...and somewhat less exciting.

Buying the game removes your ability to vote, or perhaps counts as a positive vote because who the fuck would be voting to add time?

Anyway, if everything is going to be up for at least an hour, that instantly makes this sale much easier to follow...and somewhat less exciting.
It actually makes it harder to follow, depending on how well the voting system works. I could actually sleep when Jack Keane 2 wouldn't sell out.. but now I'll have to wake up every 1 1/2 hours, ugh!

I'm pretty sure I down voted after I purchased it (I panicked man!!!! I thought I was going to run out of time!!!!! All of those -1sec!!).

I think GOG is adding secs at random intervals. RIGGED!!! RIGGED I TELLS YA!!!!!

Edit: Hmm...so I could down vote for a sec, but my purchase added +3 sec....I should get to choose whether my purchase adds/subtracts time.....I don't want others purchasing Zork and reducing the value of this rare collectors item! (Too lazy to change font color)

Zork is one of those games that always makes me think: "really, it's a classic. I should play it". But I know I will never play it. If never played it back then, when I don't even had a PC backlog and had plenty of time, I won't play it now.

Abusing/cheating these things never goes well, glad Spoderman (and hopefully others) didn't mess around with it or else we might get these already limited options removed 

e: /r/gamedeals makes it seem like each game will be selected from one year, in order, from 1983-2013. That will make it predictable, but i have no idea if TRT will even show up now, let alone if ill be awake around 30 hours from now

Abusing/cheating these things never goes well, glad Spoderman (and hopefully others) didn't mess around with it or else we might get these already limited options removed
I agree. I heard if you get caught refresh-downvote-glitching, your account is restricted to only being able to purchase the Jack Keane games.

<Beating...dead...horse....must...stop>

huzzah deadlock  :D/

loved me some deadlock back in the day, never even got to try the second one

Oh yea, and the deal flipped

Kings quest 1+2+3 - 2.99$ 70% off

Damn, went to play video games for half hour, and the Might & Magic deal went from 70 to 80 minutes remaining.

Time travel sucks.

Damn, went to play video games for half hour, and the Might & Magic deal went from 70 to 80 minutes remaining.

Time travel sucks.
I remain unconvinced that this up-vote/down-vote implementation is any better than the insomnia sale...At least with Insomnia, I knew something was either going to be stalled or go down.....Now I get to look forward to the amount of time Jack Keane will be on sale will probably increase as time goes on.

Say what you want about the Insomnia Sale, Dude, at least it's an ethos....

I remain unconvinced that this up-vote/down-vote implementation is any better than the insomnia sale...At least with Insomnia, I knew something was either going to be stalled or go down.....Now I get to look forward to the amount of time Jack Keane will be on sale will probably increase as time goes on.

I'm pretty sure this is worse than the Insomnia sale. Now, the deals can be extended forever. Might & Magic will last for hours.

I think we're stuck in a time loop. The counter is still at 1:18. WTF
party-peoople.jpg

I think GOG is good at "sales" that drive a ton of traffic to their site and a ton of people F5ing. Not necessarily buying games though.

Nihilists!

I am incredibly bummed that I missed the King's Quest bundle. Now I'll be waiting until the Summer Sale for another potential chance at that price.

And even then, I'll have to watch the page all day, since many GOG sales feature a timed or limited quantity gimmick.

Zork is one of those games that always makes me think: "really, it's a classic. I should play it". But I know I will never play it. If never played it back then, when I don't even had a PC backlog and had plenty of time, I won't play it now.
I've played a bit of the first Zork and a lot of Beyond Zork, all of it decades ago. I do have a Lost Treasures of Infocom on floppies around here somewhere.

I am incredibly bummed that I missed the King's Quest bundle. Now I'll be waiting until the Summer Sale for another potential chance at that price.

And even then, I'll have to watch the page all day, since many GOG sales feature a timed or limited quantity gimmick.
I am still holding out a slim hope that Activation will get off their asses and put it on (a good) sale on Steam one day.

I am still holding out a slim hope that Activation will get off their asses and put it on (a good) sale on Steam one day.
Dude, it's a blast from the past to see you again; I've been lurking for quite a while, mostly working and playing retro stuff.

Keep on CAG'n, my friend.

Oh yeah, still bummed about King's Quest; My kingdom for a sub-$4 deal on a 30-year old game!

bread's done
Back