GOG Deals Thread

The not-so-secret news is out.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.
Looks like GOG sobered up - all the links are dead now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to buy X-Wing at the GOG "George Lucas ate my nephew" kickoff sale for $2710.00 (10% off 29.99 9.00).

I'm happy we are getting Hit the Road but i'm also really hoping for Star Wars Episode 1 Racer to show up tomorrow.
It won't. Only the six items shown in that list will be available then.

Who knows if they'll even release that game; it might just be way too difficult to get it to work on Windows 8.

And so it begins...(please don't knock me over trying to get to KOTR or Secret of Monkey Island SE at those "Sale" prices!)

I don't understand the point of pricing those games higher than they are on Steam (MSRP). Dat DRM-free tax.

I don't understand the point of pricing those games higher than they are on Steam (MSRP). Dat DRM-free tax.
Meanwhile, Night Dive sells games that are $5.99 on GOG for $6.99 on Steam. Dat DRM tax. :p

LucasArts is probably trying to maximize profits since these versions of the games are going to be super easy to pirate.

Meanwhile, Night Dive sells games that are $5.99 on GOG for $6.99 on Steam. Dat DRM tax. :p

LucasArts is probably trying to maximize profits since these versions of the games are going to be super easy to pirate.
Sure, but Night Dive bundles all of their stuff in BS bundles, so it doesn't matter.

This is true, but how hard would it be to cook up an arr-matey version of a Steam copy of one of these? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult for someone so inclined.

Sure, but Night Dive bundles all of their stuff in BS bundles, so it doesn't matter.

This is true, but how hard would it be to cook up an arr-matey version of a Steam copy of one of these? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult for someone so inclined.
It's usually pretty easy to make a baked pastry rodent version of Steam games. Many of these already have retail versions, and those retail versions have no CD patches. A handy pastry baker can just modify the patches (or create his own uh, recipe based on them) so they work on the Steam version and boom.

... why am I using baking analogies. I'm not even a baker.

It's usually pretty easy to make a baked pastry rodent version of Steam games. Many of these already have retail versions, and those retail versions have no CD patches. A handy pastry baker can just modify the patches (or create his own uh, recipe based on them) so they work on the Steam version and boom.

... why am I using baking analogies. I'm not even a baker.
I'll go with it and add a seasonal flair:

That's why you can't always trust certain chefs. Those special recipes are often deliberately contaminated with pathogens or poisons. Recall these tales of terror.

But what if you're not alive in 2016??
I can't really think of a decent retort to that, so instead, please accept my GIF to you of this penguin, okay?

(I apologise retroactively for the genuinely awful and completely unwarranted punnage.)

I can't really think of a decent retort to that, so instead, please accept my GIF to you of this penguin, okay?

(I apologise retroactively for the genuinely awful and completely unwarranted punnage.)
I raise your gif with another gif

57480-penguin-push-gif-imgur-IQLh1.gif

I can always trust the guys in this thread to have intelligent humor.  I would be SHOCKED if anyone posting in this thread is younger then 35...  

King of Dragon Pass - yet again, this is quirky...  but it is totally unique.  

I just fought the DUCK clan... no seriously...  I had to print out some instructions because I want to WIN.  And I am getting beat... by DUCKS...  :)  Pretty sure they can not even carry weapons in their webs...  but they whip up on me...  Warlike, God of War clan...  

Awesome news on getting LucasArts as a publisher on GOG. Can't wait to see what other old games they add.

*cough* Day of the Tentacle *cough*

I'm kinda curious if GOG has an exclusive agreement with Disney/Lucasfilm or if we'll see these show up on Steam as well...
Perhaps there's timed exclusivity. Disney will let GOG work out the compatibility for games, then after a few months dump them onto Steam.

I'm kinda curious if GOG has been an exclusive agreement with Disney/Lucasfilm or if we'll see these show up on Steam as well...
I think it will be a temporal exclusive, because GOG did all the background job for the games to run flawlessly

Edit: ninja'd

Hopefully, Maniac Mansion + Grim Fandango also come to GOG.

And also other services like Steam, too.
I can do without Grim Fandango since the HD version is coming out and old one controls like a tank even back then. Now The Dig and Full Throttle I want. DoTT was also awesome and I would love to play it again. It's hard though for sure...couldn't beat it back then without a guide.

Tex Murphy Tesla Effect is $4.99.... 75% off. Hmmm.... to buy or not buy?
It will likely be discounted in a future Steam sale. If you're a fan or have the rest on GOG or whatever get it. There is no Steam cards so I see no shame in buying it.

I can do without Grim Fandango since the HD version is coming out and old one controls like a tank even back then. Now The Dig and Full Throttle I want. DoTT was also awesome and I would love to play it again. It's hard though for sure...couldn't beat it back then without a guide.
Well, I got an idea.

GOG can make this deal - those who buy Grim Fandango, get both Original and HD Versions. ;)

bread's done
Back