GOG Deals Thread

[quote name="elessar123" post="12226316" timestamp="1415630785"]It was actually a very good Mario Kart clone.[/quote] But for a little more you can get Sonic Racing Transformed, the best RPG ever.

I loves me some good cart racing action, but I just can't get past the graphics on Whacky Wheels.
It was pretty awesome back then....like in the 90s.....I'm not sure I could go for this now. Probably controls like poop and I remember playing 2 player. I can imagine sharing a keyboard again....

[quote name="nitrosmob" post="12227023" timestamp="1415643132"]It was pretty awesome back then....like in the 90s.....I'm not sure I could go for this now. Probably controls like poop and I remember playing 2 player. I can imagine sharing a keyboard again....[/quote]

never liked that game that much... Tried it back then and... No.

Pixeljunk Monsters HD - $0.79 (90% off)

Pixeljunk Shooter - $1.34 (85% off)

gallery_313077_8480_27778.png

You've been doing a nice job with the deal posting lately, Net22.
I live on the east coast so I usually check GOG to see what new games are added and what's on sale every morning. Well, really I check it several times a day because sometimes they add games later in the day. So if I see a game on sale I'll post it if nobody else already has.

No Wednesday deal today... hmm.

Possible Insomnia Sale incoming(?).

EDIT: So, the Fall Insomnia is practically all but confirmed for today.

EDIT #2:  Oh... Goddam you, GOG, and your  fuck  mind games.     :fridge:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the whole of the Mount & Blade franchise is going to be released into GOG's catalogue today, in addition to a pre-order for the upcoming "Viking Conquest DLC" for Warband.

Damn.

So, apparently GOG has no soul—as noted by them oh so ungratefully wanting its users to get a wink of sleep—and is doing some lousy "Fall Sale" instead of the Insomnia Sale. 

grumpy-cat-party-over.gif

Great new deal every 40 minutes!  What kind of crap is this?  ...on a Wednesday?  They really want us to park at our cpu's all day and night?

Great new deal every 40 minutes! What kind of crap is this? ...on a Wednesday? They really want us to park at our cpu's all day and night?
Don't worry they will be out of new sales by this time tomorrow and they will start to repeat. Then there will be a day where everything that was ever on sale will be on sale.

Same shit different GOG sale

Great new deal every 40 minutes! What kind of crap is this? ...on a Wednesday? They really want us to park at our cpu's all day and night?
Also, for all you budding philatelists out there, apparently hidden amidst their overcrowded new UI, there's a "stamp" rewards thingy for this sale. Every seven stamps you "collect" earns you a free game and movie.

Also, for all you budding philatelists out there, apparently hidden amidst their overcrowded new UI, there's a "stamp" rewards thingy for this sale. Every seven stamps you "collect" earns you a free game and movie.
It's showing Witcher 2 and The Gamer's Director's Cut will be the prizes. Guess I'll visit at least once a day.

This is a list of the games on sale in the "act now, limited time" section. Listed in order of the soonest to expire.

Carmageddon Max Pack - $1.99 (80% Off)    --- NOW EXPIRED

Deus Ex - $2.49 (75% Off)    --- NOW EXPIRED

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - $2.99 (80% Off)    --- NOW EXPIRED

Rogue Legacy - $2.99 (80% Off)

Mark Of The Ninja: Special Edition - $4.49 (75% Off)

Shadowrun Dragonfall: Directors Cut - $9.99 (33% Off)

Fez - $4.99 (50% Off)

Omikron: The Nomad Soul - $2.49 (75% Off)

Master Of Magic - $1.49 (75% Off)

The Witcher 2 - $2.99 (85% Off)

In the on-deck circle

Meridian: New World

This is a list of the games on sale in the "act now, limited time" section. Listed in order of the soonest to expire.

Carmageddon Max Pack - $1.99 (80% Off)

Deus Ex - $2.49 (75% Off)

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - $2.99 (80% Off)

Rogue Legacy - $2.99 (80% Off)

Meh...I'll do the rest later.
This awful-ish sale would likely have made me vomit, if it weren't for the fact I just bought and am (as I type this) installing Jay and Silent Bob: The Adventure Game.

Said game may be 20 years too late, but I have never been more ecstatic for a game to be released in my entire bloody life.

Kevin Smith needs to get buried up to his neck, next to an anthill, with honey smeared all over his head.

EDIT: After having a little time to reconsider this post, it seems a bit harsh. I'm gonna leave it here since TR quoted it. Needless to say though, I'm not a fan.

I would kill to have this price on Steam, just to have the whole series in one place.

If any of you haven't played this already, buy it, go get a copy of The Longest Journey somewhere, and play both of them. The Longest Journey is a traditional point and click adventure game and is the best game ever released on the PC in my opinion. Dreamfall is harder to categorize in terms of genre and gets a lot of flak for that, but it's still a good followup and I enjoyed the story thoroughly.

Obligatory mention of Dreamfall Chapters being good too even though it hasn't had a good sale and none of you will be buying it any time soon because of that.

Is it just me or is GOG kind of incredible with all the free stuff they give away? Most of it has been pretty good, and they don't have to do it. Now they're giving away Witcher 2 just for visiting the site?

BTW, I just want let it be known that I have no intention to update the list of quickie deals. I did the first batch because I figured that those were the ones people were most likely to miss.

If anybody else wants to list the games that appear after my list ends, knock yourself out.

If you haven't bought from GOG before, all of their games are no-hassle DRM free and
almost all of them come with bonus content (soundtracks, wallpapers, concept art, etc).
These are also old games that typically would not work on new operating systems like
Vista and Win7. GOG tweaks all their games to work perfectly with any PC!
There are very few exceptions to this (i.e. Gorky 17).​

Sales/Promotions:

GOG's 6th Birthday Sale Year Three

Age of Wonders - $1.99
Alone in the Dark - $1.99
Broken Sword: Director's Cut - $1.99
Dungeon Keeper 2 - $1.99
Icewind Dale Complete - $3.99
Last Express, The - $1.99
Moto Racer - $1.19
Neverwinter Nights Diamond - $3.99
Normality - $1.99
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD - $4.99
Planescape: Torment - $3.99
Rayman 2: The Great Escape - $1.99
Rayman Forever - $1.99
Realms of the Haunting - $1.99
RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe - $1.99
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $3.33
Shadowgrounds - $1.79
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack - $2.39
Slipstream 5000 -$1.99
Star Control 1+2 - $2.39
Still Life - $1.99
Wing Commander 1+2 - $2.39
Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The - $1.99
Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings, The - $3.99
Zork Anthology, The - $2.39

Free Games:

Info on group buys:
How to do group buys on GOG "Pick X, Pay Y" bundles:

There are two ways to do group buys on GOG, a "harder, less restricted" way and an "easier, more restricted, always works" way. The "harder, less restricted, YMMV" method requires intervention from GOG support, which is why I say it's "harder". Basically, in order to do a group buy regularly, each person in the group buy must own all of the games each subsequent person wants.

For instance, if you have a host (X), a secondary buyer who will be redeeming the code second (Y), and a third buyer who will be redeeming the code third (Z), then X will need to own the games that both Y and Z want, and Y will need to own the games that Z wants.

The reason you'll be contacting support is to separate the gift code into N amount of codes (all of the stories I've heard have been about splitting the code into 2 codes), each with certain games, which you specify, contained in them. It's worked for splitting codes into 2, so I'm assuming that they can do multiple codes (3, 4, ...) as well.

It is better to do this with people that you can trust, because it relies on trust to distribute the code(s) correctly. GOG group buys rely heavily on code distribution, so if one person screws up, the whole group buy can end up being a disaster in the end.

Step-by-step instructions for each method

Harder, less restriction, YMMV
1) Get together a group of people who are interested in any combination of different games from the bundle.
2) Anyone can host. Host buys the bundle with all of the games that everyone wants in it as a gift and sends it to his own email address.
3) The host does not redeem the code, and contacts support asking them to split the code into N amount of codes, each with the selection of games from the bundle that each person in the group buy wants.
4) The group waits out the support request, and assuming support is able to fulfill the group's request, the host then distributes the keys according to which has which participants games in them.

Easier, less restriction, always works
1) Get together a group of people who are interested in a combination of games such that each participant owns all of the games that each subsequent participant is interested in. For the host, this means everyone's games, and for the last person this means he/she doesn't need to own anything.
2) Decide who will host according to the rules outlined above, and the host will buy the bundle as a gift, and sends the gift to his/her own email address.
3) The host will grab the code and redeem it for the games that he/she wants.
4) The host and each person thereafter will distribute the code to the next person in line to redeem the code until the last person redeems the code. Make sure that the order is clear and concise, because the success of the group buy depends on this. Also, keep in mind that all GOG codes have a 10 minute delay for redemptions after each time the code is redeemed.
(Thanks to Severose for this!)
Holy fuck , $6 to get the first two Witcher games to entirety? If anyone doesn't own these two games yet, you need to get them now.

Is it just me or is GOG kind of incredible with all the free stuff they give away?
Yes, GOG definitely makes my panties wet. GOG is the only site giving away free games, fur sure. It's not like Humble has given away Metro 2033, Tropico 3, Receiver, Warlock, etc. It's also not like Indie Gala gave away Frozen Hearth, Buttcrack Arena, Culling of the Cows...well, you get the point, other sites give away NOTHING!

This is rcsample signing out from the local tattoo parlor where I'm getting GOG.com tattooed across my face.

TRUTH!

Last night I am like:  "GOG - ARGHGHGHGHG

I knew I should not have bought Telsa Effect...  Now it is $1 from Humble.  Groan...  I should never buy from them and just wait for the things I want to be bundled....I will never buy from GOG again... "

This morning:  
"Oh wait, another sale with a clock on it?!  I AM IN!!!"  

Yes, GOG definitely makes my panties wet. GOG is the only site giving away free games, fur sure. It's not like Humble has given away Metro 2033, Tropico 3, Receiver, Warlock, etc. It's also not like Indie Gala gave away Frozen Hearth, Buttcrack Arena, Culling of the Cows...well, you get the point, other sites give away NOTHING!

This is rcsample signing out from the local tattoo parlor where I'm getting GOG.com tattooed across my face.

TRUTH!
I'm not going to pretend I follow all the PC games retailers, but in Humble's case, they gave most of those games away because their license to sell those games were about to expire. Check if you don't believe me - you can't buy the original Metro 2033 or any of the Tropico games from them anymore.

I'm not sure if you were joking about Indie Gala or if those games you mentioned even exist, but if they do, they can't be very good. Correct me if I'm wrong. GOG, by contrast, is giving us one of the best RPGs this generation. Mount & Blade is also quite prolific for an indie game.

I agree with white - Any free games are nice to have....

That being said, Humble and GOG get the majority of my money, and they give the best games.  No need for one to be better then the other.  ;-)  They are both great.  

Indie Gala is barf.... 

GoG used to be cool when they only had old games. Now they sell new trash, and all their old games are getting steam releases so they are pretty much off my radar. Granted I'm not a dirty European that needs drm free games so i might be biased

I'm not going to pretend I follow all the PC games retailers, but in Humble's case, they gave most of those games away because their license to sell those games were about to expire. Check if you don't believe me - you can't buy the original Metro 2033 or any of the Tropico games from them anymore.

I'm not sure if you were joking about Indie Gala or if those games you mentioned even exist, but if they do, they can't be very good. Correct me if I'm wrong. GOG, by contrast, is giving us one of the best RPGs this generation. Mount & Blade is also quite prolific for an indie game.
Please take the following quiz to see if you are suffering from the disease known as GOGWhiteKnightism.

GOG does game giveaways because:

a) They care about the children!

b) They care about the environment!

c) All of the above

Humble does game giveaways because:

a) They are lying and deceitful

b) They are a greedy corporation

c) All of the above

Gog gives away games that are considered:

a) Timeless masterpieces

b) The best games of this generation

c) All of the above

Humble gives away games that are considered:

a) Pieces of Crap

b) to only benefit an evil corporation

c) to propogate the evil known as DRM throughout the land

d) all of the above

Tropico 3, Tropico 4, Tropico 5, and their various DLCs are all still available through Humble.

gamersgate?   Where did that come from?  hehe  (Love my minion there...)

Humble and GOG seem to be like twins that were separated at birth....  Different models, but in the end, the same results.  

I'm not going to pretend I follow all the PC games retailers, but in Humble's case, they gave most of those games away because their license to sell those games were about to expire.
Remember when GOG gave away a trijillion free copies of Fallout 1 & 2 not at all because the license was about to change hands and they were going to lose their right to sell them?

My wife reminded me...  it is not the time count down that gets me...  It is the games sold count down that tears me up.  

Good.  Seems like I should be able to have some self control in this sale...  

That's weird. I even searched for it before I posted. My computer must be starstruck by GOG too.

You guys buy PC games wherever you want; I'm going to keep fellating GOG. Remember that time they were pretending to shut down? Massive balls.
Hey, keep on keepin' on, man. I think the more (game bundle/sellers) the merrier. That said, however, the niche GOG fills (I'm tempted to write filled, but I'll reserve judgement on that) for me is that GOG offers (GOOD OLD) games I can't get anywhere else. Now that they have lost some of their exclusive "rights/agreements" to sell certain GOOD OLD games, they are less interesting to me. I would rather use my Steam bucks to get them or wait for Origin to offer them free. For me, I don't think GOG can compete in the newer indie market. Even the Star Wars/Lucasarts games announcement, while cool, I was sorta "meh, I'll wait until they show up on Steam, or maybe pick them up on a GOG insomnia sale if they hit $2-ish or so...".

Unless GOG can get exclusives on GOOD OLD GAMES and then price them attractively (Star Wars: X-Wing for $10 is NOT attractive to ME), they will not be getting my sales.

I wonder if they have changed their internal thought process to "Our biggest asset is really having a Triple A franchise that is top notch.  Witcher is a massive tool that we can leverage..."  The old games are great...  but not key anymore since most publishers share the rights with others...  

I wish they would stop putting the D&D collection on sale so I wouldn't have to decide if I need to buy the rest of the games I passed on last time.

I have everything but:

NWN

NWN2

Temple

Dragonshard

Forgotten

The last three don't excite me much based on game description and reviews but what about the NWN series?  Should I just (have The End) buy them and get it over with so I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the sale?

Hee.

Remember when GOG gave away a trijillion free copies of Fallout 1 & 2 not at all because the license was about to change hands and they were going to lose their right to sell them?
I did forget about those because I got them for free when GOG first opened for business however many years ago. They were giving away an assortment of like ten free games - you were allowed to choose two or three and those were mine.

I guess I just really love GOG because it's how PC gaming should have been since the beginning. No CD keys, same prices worldwide - it's software, there's no reason why it should be more expensive in other places - you can download your games onto any computer you want or put them on a flash drive. I have a bunch of 40MB games I take to work with me and can play there. If you have any issues, they'll refund you. It's just old-fashioned and simple. GOG's a root beer compared to Steam's energy drink.

GoG used to be cool when they only had old games. Now they sell new trash, and all their old games are getting steam releases so they are pretty much off my radar. Granted I'm not a dirty European that needs drm free games so i might be biased
Yes, they sell new trash now, and it sucks. But I still prefer them for old games, because they're always setup correctly to run. Steam ones have more issues, in general.

Daily Deals
Mount & Blade Series Bundle - $9.97(75% off)
The Ultimate D&D Collection Bundle - $21.10(80% off)
OR
Mount & Blade: Warband - $7.99(60% off)
DLC: Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars - $3.99(60% off)
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword - $3.99(60% off)
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga - $3.99(60% off)
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard - $3.99(60% off)
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - $3.99(60% off)
Icewind Dale Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Icewind Dale 2 Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Neverwinter Nights Diamond - $3.99(60% off)
Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete - $7.99(60% off)
Planescape: Torment - $3.99(60% off)
Temple of Elemental Evil, The - $2.39(60% off)

Current Flash Deals
Sacred Gold - $1.99(80% off)

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded - $3.99(80% off)

Jagged Aliance 2 - $4.99(50% off)

Stronghold HD - $2.99(50% off)

Shelter - $1.99(80% off)

Chaos Engine, The - $4.99(50% off)

Sanitarium - $4.99(50% off)

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians - $1.99(80% off)

Evoland - $1.99(80% off)

So this is the last edit I'm going to make for tonight. It's 1 here so I'll post tomorrows deals in another post.

bread's done
Back