GOG Deals Thread

New Release Sale on GOG.

This sale will go until Tuesday, January 13th at 11:59AM GMT.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart = $9.99 $19.99 (50% off)
I am surprised to see this on GoG (..at last). The developer made it sound like it WILL NOT EVER EVER come to GoG and it is Steam Exclusive. Even worse, it was discussed on some russian websites that the DRM on the Steam version phone home every once in a while to make sure that pirate can't pirate this. I must say that it was pretty heavy-handed for a small remake title.

i got it from putinland before the gifting policy change.. but still glad to see it arrives on GoG.. DRM-free and 1 year late

this game any good? I think i bought a bundle of the old ones for cheap a while back but didn't play them. I like a good turn based rpg which its labeled as. Hows the story/rest of game?
I don't own this version.

This version GOG is selling is a remake/reboot of the original Avernum.

I bought a bunch of Avernums long ago and I haven't touched any of the Avernum games.

Winter Wonders Weekend Promo - 70% off sale.

Sale goes until 4:59AM GMT on Tuesday, January 13.

The Line-Up in this sale:

Stronghold HD = $1.79 $5.99

Stronghold Crusader HD = $2.99 $9.99

Space Colony HD = $2.99 $9.99

Worms United = $1.79 $5.99

Worms 2 = $1.79 $5.99

Worms Forts: Under Siege = $1.79 $5.99

Soulbringer = $1.79 $5.99

Superfrog HD = $2.99 $9.99

Superfrog (Not HD) = $1.79 $5.99

Bloodrayne = $1.79 $5.99

Bloodrayne 2 = $2.99 $9.99

Realms of the Haunting = $1.79 $5.99

Alien Breed + Tower Assault = $1.79 $5.99

Incoming + Incoming Forces = $1.79 $5.99

Advent Rising = $1.79 $5.99

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising = $1.79 $5.99

Normality = $1.79 $5.99

World Rally Fever: Born on the Road = $1.79 $5.99

Slipstream 5000 = $1.79 $5.99

Expendable = $1.79 $5.99

Litil Divil = $1.79 $5.99

Ultimate Body Blows = $1.79 $5.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I may pick up Ultimate Body Blows, purely for nostalgia.

And to throw on my work laptop for when I have downtime.
I want to, but I know there are actually good fighting games now. I remember playing the shareware of this and you had like 2 guys i think. Was nearly impossible to control but looked pretty good. Also my favorite fighting PC game around this time......Timeslaughter. Really loved Bloodlust back in the day and Nesticle was great.

I may pick up Ultimate Body Blows, purely for nostalgia.

And to throw on my work laptop for when I have downtime.
Hold a button then press a direction to attack.

Because those Amiga designers couldn't be bothered to include more than one button in their gamepads joysticks...

(I know they mostly used keyboards, I'm just being dumb.)

Finally watched Star Wars original trilogy with my kids now got an itch for some KotOR...since Steam version has so many issues was going to buy the GOG version (heard it works great and then basically flawlessly with the widescreen fix).  Sucks it's not on sale and don't see any generic codes right now grrrr.

Bought it on my Android tablet and going to seek a refund because it runs like crap on that...

Finally watched Star Wars original trilogy with my kids now got an itch for some KotOR...since Steam version has so many issues was going to buy the GOG version (heard it works great and then basically flawlessly with the widescreen fix). Sucks it's not on sale and don't see any generic codes right now grrrr.

Bought it on my Android tablet and going to seek a refund because it runs like crap on that...
What issues have you heard of with the Steam version? I've been playing since Christmas and haven't run into anything other than a few minor problems in the beginning (unable to move after battle) which turning V-Sync on solved. I am using Flawless Widescreen and works fine, but it sometimes takes a bit of restarting both the game and application to get it to work correctly, but that is hardly KOTOR's problem. There are a lot of the Steam discussions regarding black screen or crashing on start, but disabling the initial videos is usually the recommended fix. For the black screen on startup, just alt-tabbing in and out fixes that for me. I personally haven't had any crashes yet.

Only trouble I'm getting is carelessly overloading terminals and killing my dumb self, or turning in a main quest before a side quest and having the latter stuck in my quest log (GODDAMNIT), but that's just user error.

Works fine for me on Steam too and also using the widescreen patch, but hey I think I've already established that some people like to think the Steam versions of old games give you cancer and the GOG versions make you rich and beautiful so knock themselves out.

Well then let me reinstall it...running Win 8.1 and on the Steam Forums people are saying it runs terrible without tons of workarounds and even then some people can't use it at all.

Finally watched Star Wars original trilogy with my kids now got an itch for some KotOR...since Steam version has so many issues was going to buy the GOG version (heard it works great and then basically flawlessly with the widescreen fix). Sucks it's not on sale and don't see any generic codes right now grrrr.

Did you get KOTOR mixed-up w/ Jade Empire?

KOTOR PC is known to have issues period, no matter what version - namely w/ the videos. I've never heard of weird Steam-version only issues w/ that game.

Jade Empire PC has a few Steam-related issues in that version - but even then, those still can be worked around.

EDIT:

Running old games on newer OS's - especially Win 7 + 8 - is always going to be an issue. Always best to disable Aero stuff (especially on Win 7) and run games in Compatibility Mode for an OS the game actually is known to work on (check out what the game's original OS specs were); and run always games as Admin. Sometimes, it's as simple as just that to fix issues.

Sometimes, it ain't. Always consult game-forums, discussions, and anywhere you can - to see what issues you might run into + will have, and if you there are ways you can get around them.

this is funny because i was sick and channel surfed to some new star wars cartoon that was on TV. It was decent so i went on demand and watched most of the season, lol. Has me wanting to replay kotor too. I always play on the xbox but figured id use my steam copy this time

as someone else mentioned what are the issues? I see you guys mentioning something about video playback issues. And whats this true widescreen fix? If i remember the game is in 4:3. Does it not run in that? I dont want to do a 'fake' widescreen on a game that was 4:3. I have no issue using black bars on the side. Just wondering what i may run into trying to play it. SHould i just say screw it and boot up the old xbox version again?

also without getting too OT, its been forever since i played. If i remember right if you wanted to go mostly a caster type you pretty much have to go dark side right? I remember light side had shitty spells, and was more buff oriented, while dark side was direct damage based

id be tempted to get PIer solar, but those of us who boght the game ages ago and still havent got our copies were promised some extras from the devs. I have no idea what those extras are. I was hoping a digital copy of some sort to go with my Dreamcast disk and other crap. Anyone know what it is? I tried emailing the devs but theyre terrible and never respond. 

NEW Release for GOG:

King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition joins GOG.

50% off KB titles when you buy them separately, but you do not buy them all.

- King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition = $9.99 $19.99

Premium Ed also includes this extra content:

- Clot of Darkness amulet providing bonus to money and experience
- Two additional locations
- Over a dozen additional quests and a new unit

- King's Bounty: Dark Side - Standard Edition  = $7.99 $15.99

- King's Bounty: Dark Side - Upgrade to Premium Edition = $2.99 $5.99

(must own Standard Ed on GOG to purchase this upgrade)

- King's Bounty: The Legend = $4.99 $9.99

- King's Bounty: Crossworlds - Game of the Year Edition = $9.99 $19.99

- King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition = $14.99 $29.99

75% off if you take all of the KB games listed on GOG = $19.96 79.96 (75% off)

- King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition

- King's Bounty: The Legend

- King's Bounty: Crossworlds - Game of the Year Edition

- King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition

This sale goes until: Tuesday, January 20th at 1:59 PM GMT.

Curses! I saw Leisure Suit Larry in my partially loaded email and got psyched only to find that every LSL title except Reloaded is on sale...
But Magna Cum Laude is on sale and it's the best Larry only outdone by its sequel. You should have bought that Gala bundle with it though I feel a humble bundle will have it someday...just not sure how soon.

Weekend Promo: Region-Neutral Non-Specific Seasonal Silliness

(wat?)

Bunch of stuff at 70% off. I'll let someone else post more details.
Leisure Suit Larry = $2.99 $9.99

Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail = $1.79 $5.99

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Uncut + Uncensored = $1.79 $5.99

Commandos Ammo Pack = $1.79 $5.99

Commandos 2+3 Pack = $2.99 $9.99

RACE Driver GRID = $4.49 $14.99

Overlord (base-game) + Raising Hell (expansion/DLC) = $2.99 $9.99

Cannon Fodder = $1.79 $5.99

Cannon Fodder 2 = $1.79 $5.99

Screamer 4x4 = $1.79 $5.99

The Inner World = $3.74 $14.99

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 = $1.79 $5.99

Sensible World of Soccer 2006 = $2.99 $9.99

The Chaos Engine = $2.99 $9.99

Creatures: The Albion Years = $1.79 $5.99

Creatures: Exodus = $1.79 $5.99

Creatures: Village = $1.79 $5.99

Mob Rule = $1.79 $5.99

1nsane = $2.99 $9.99

IGI 2: Covert Strike = $2.99 $9.99

Imperial Glory = $1.79 $5.99

Praetorians = $1.79 $5.99

Speedball 2 HD = $2.99 $9.99

Montauge's Mount = $2.99 $9.99

On the page it says "SELECT MORE TO SAVE MORE" but it looks like they're just all that same 70% off price whether you select one or all of them.

Maybe someone forgot to update a template. :p

On the page it says "SELECT MORE TO SAVE MORE" but it looks like they're just all that same 70% off price whether you select one or all of them.

The GameStop glitch/mistake disease seems to be spreading this weekend...

I know the King's Bounty games that are on sale actually went down in price when you bought them all.

Lucasfilm on GOG.com: Wave II Starts Now

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
Star Wars™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Star Wars™: X-Wing Alliance™
Star Wars™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition

I like how the GOG customer reviews of KOTOR II review the game that was meant to be instead of the game that was actually released. That's very kind to Obsidian.

N6WOnfx.jpg

bread's done
Back