GOG Deals Thread

I know the sale is already past, but does anyone know what the fps icon bundle pack was going for?

Mostly just trying to figure out what each game would cost individually or when they're on sale. Does anyone remember how much aliens vs predator was?

I know the sale is already past, but does anyone know what the fps icon bundle pack was going for?

Mostly just trying to figure out what each game would cost individually or when they're on sale. Does anyone remember how much aliens vs predator was?
Summer Sale thread

FPS Icons - 50% off separately, 75% off with bundle completion (from Day 8)

FEAR Platinum - 4.99 (2.49)
FEAR 2: Project Origin & Reborn - 7.49 (3.74)
Sin Gold - 4.99 (2.49)
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - 2.99 (1.49)
Blood: One Unit Whole Blood - 2.99 (1.49)
Blood 2 - 2.99 (1.49)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I just booted up Descent 1 (after installing Descent Rebirth) and it's just as good as it ever was.  I still have to do a bit of tweaking to figure out how to get the gamepad controls how I like them, but with the patch it actually looks pretty good at 1080p and plays like a dream.

You can also now search for friends for your client within the client instead of having to use the forums.

Gee this modern era, what will they think of next?

I lol'd after realizing that galaxy didn't have those features from the start
What's even better is that the old GOG Downloader program did.

I guess they forgot how to add that capability to their programs for a while?

I could say the same thing about the GOG thread being on the first page.
It just hasn't been the same without talkinrock's daughter.

Wow, I can't believe pause and resume wasn't standard.  I quit Galaxy after 1 download because to do a backup, you had to re-DL the installer- the downloader didn't have to ....  Is this still a thing?

Oh well, glad to see it is improving.  I still love GoG and it is the only place I buy games besides Humble Bundles.

What's even better is that the old GOG Downloader program did.

I guess they forgot how to add that capability to their programs for a while?.
I still miss the custom download speed limit feature of the old downloader.

I've been trying out third party programs that can limit bandwidth usage by process but I feel like all programs that download a lot of data should have that built in.

All of these 8 GB witcher 3 patches can really slow down my crappy DSL.

Maybe they will add that feature back in sometime in the next few years.

I still miss the custom download speed limit feature of the old downloader.

I've been trying out third party programs that can limit bandwidth usage by process but I feel like all programs that download a lot of data should have that built in.

All of these 8 GB witcher 3 patches can really slow down my crappy DSL.

Maybe they will add that feature back in sometime in the next few years.
To be fair, it took a long time for Steam to support bandwidth capping too. I think that was implemented in the last 2 years or so.

Not a good excuse though.

The last time I tried, I still couldn't download anything through Galaxy because it just kept telling me that even on a game that's only a few hundred megabytes I didn't have enough disk space on a drive with about 100 Gb free. I figured it might have been some kind of weird permissions issue but I've run it as administrator and done everything else I can think of. The only GOG game I have installed right now I ended up downloading with the GOG downloader for this reason. Galaxy is a bit of a pain in the ass to me because it can't even do the one basic thing that a client is supposed to do--download games. Oh well, back to Dragon Age. I don't have any of those issues with Origin.

FWIW, if you previously owned Fallout 1,2, and Tactics on GOG, those versions now show up in your library as "classic" versions. Interestingly, the new Bethesda releases don't come with the Foxhack goodies that the Interplay releases came with - soundtrack, Fallout bible, etc. They also don't seem to come with the Mac versions the original releases have. 

I can imagine the extras may be due to some remaining rights issue, but seems weird they wouldn't include the Mac binaries. 

Also, Arena and Daggerfall that come free with any purchase can also be picked up at elderscrolls.com for free with no purchase.

FWIW, if you previously owned Fallout 1,2, and Tactics on GOG, those versions now show up in your library as "classic" versions. Interestingly, the new Bethesda releases don't come with the Foxhack goodies that the Interplay releases came with - soundtrack, Fallout bible, etc. They also don't seem to come with the Mac versions the original releases have.

I can imagine the extras may be due to some remaining rights issue, but seems weird they wouldn't include the Mac binaries.

Also, Arena and Daggerfall that come free with any purchase can also be picked up at elderscrolls.com for free with no purchase.
Hell_Froze_Over.jpg

Chances of a Bethesda Humble have increased from 0% to 1%.

The last time I tried, I still couldn't download anything through Galaxy because it just kept telling me that even on a game that's only a few hundred megabytes I didn't have enough disk space on a drive with about 100 Gb free. I figured it might have been some kind of weird permissions issue but I've run it as administrator and done everything else I can think of. The only GOG game I have installed right now I ended up downloading with the GOG downloader for this reason. Galaxy is a bit of a pain in the ass to me because it can't even do the one basic thing that a client is supposed to do--download games. Oh well, back to Dragon Age. I don't have any of those issues with Origin.
Just for the hell of it (and because work has been exceptionally tedious today) I downloaded the client on my work computer and tried downloading Chapter 1 of the Heroes Chronicles. It worked just fine. Ugh. That means I'm probably doing something wrong at home. Maybe I'll give it another shot later.

OMG a PINATA!  As someone of Latin American descent I feel obligated to participate in this sale that is clearly paying homage to my culture and its love for beating paper mache animals!

Edit:

Also, I'm pretty sure that breaking the pinata to add it to your cart is infinitely more entertaining than whatever crappy indie game you end up overpaying for.  

Also, I'm pretty sure that breaking the pinata to add it to your cart is infinitely more entertaining than whatever crappy indie game you end up overpaying for.
I am already a sucker for mystery sales, but dammit if I didn't put five mysteries in my cart already just because of the animation.

I am already a sucker for mystery sales, but dammit if I didn't put five mysteries in my cart already just because of the animation.
I got up to 20 before I had to force myself to stop :whee:

Edit:

Also, suckerbro update - I was feeling charitable today so I went and bought one. Got me Machinarium Collector's Edition. Yep. Bundle fodder. At least this is the collector's edition so it has the soundtrack and crap. Yeah, that's what I tell myself to make myself feel better.

Ah thought it was multiple games. I would get one if I was guaranteed 3 games or something. Instead will buy the Harley Quinn Road Trip Special. 

[quote name="MysterD" post="12932013" timestamp="1442921338"]System Shock 1: Enhanced Edition released on GOG.
Extra support added for 1024x768 resolution; improved inventory management + item management; & mouselook mode; re-mappable controls; etc etc.
System Shock 1: Classic Edition also comes w/ this, if you want to really kick it old-school w/out the additional features listed above.

System Shock 1: Enhanced Edition = $7.99 ($9.99)[20% off][/quote]
Uh oh, been updated, how many VRAMS do I need nao?

I'm still holding out hope that one day you will understand sarcasm. I know it's a long shot.... but I still believe.
You're expecting a lot...He's just achieved sentience....it took Data 4 Seasons of TNG to get an emotion chip and he had a TV show and writers behind him....we should probably cut MysterD some slack....

bread's done
Back