GOG Deals Thread

t179z.jpg

It's mainly that older games now come to Steam in generally playable forms. At one time those old games ran like poop and had to be configured by hand to work well (I'm looking at you first Commandos game...unplayable!). Plus Steam gets the indie games GOG also gets, though once in a while an old game will only be on GOG such as Lula (though I really don't want this!). Times have changed is all. I still love them for all the good extras they usually provide for games and how easy it is to start up and play an old game. 

Yeah, GoG is still having regular sales. Every week, in fact. The only reason I don't shop there as often these days is because I already have almost all of the games from their catalog that I want.

Yeah I generally buy games that are > 10 years old on GOG and newer stuff on Steam. But I already have most of what I want from the old game selection until they add new stuff and/or put the Lucas games on a decent sale.

In other GOG related news, The Witcher 3 downloaded another 3 GB patch yesterday. I think I have spent more time downloading TW3 than playing it, really need to get on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, GoG is still having regular sales. Every week, in fact. The only reason I don't shop there as often these days is because I already have almost all of the games from their catalog that I want.
+1, until they bring back the OG in GOG there's nothing I want from them. The good portion of their old catalog has all been at >=75% off at some point so until they release new content theres nothing enticing

Even a good amount the lucasarts stuff has been on a pretty big discount already if you caught it during their last insomnia

RPGWatch -> KOTOR II Patch that Aspyr issued recently to Steam is NOT coming to GOG.

To sum it up:

if you want Aspyr's new patch for KOTOR II, it's only on Steam - go buy a Steam-version.

If you want KOTOR II old-version and NO DRM, GOG all the way for you - buy it there.

If you want both, buy both.
GoG team actually test patches and old games to make sure that it runs properly. Steam doesn't. How long does it take for Lord Gaben to add "customer service" to his mission statement?

p.s. what exactly does the Aspyr patch do that mods didn't already fix?

GoG team actually test patches and old games to make sure that it runs properly. Steam doesn't. How long does it take for Lord Gaben to add "customer service" to his mission statement?

p.s. what exactly does the Aspyr patch do that mods didn't already fix?
I ain't played my retail version of KOTOR 2 in long-time. I played it back when mods weren't even popular for it yet.

I ain't played KOTOR 2 Steam-version, so can't speak on that.

I can't really speak on if any mods have 4K + 5K support or gamepad support.

Aspyr added that kind of support native to the Steam-version.

I do know KOTOR 2 Steam-version has NEW Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud & Steam WorkShop support. I doubt you'll get that kind of support in any Non-Steam version. There certainly wasn't any of that in the old retail version.

I ain't played my retail version of KOTOR 2 in long-time. I played it back when mods weren't even popular for it yet.

I ain't played KOTOR 2 Steam-version, so can't speak on that.

I can't really speak on if any mods have 4K + 5K support or gamepad support.

Aspyr added that kind of support native to the Steam-version.

I do know KOTOR 2 Steam-version has NEW Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud & Steam WorkShop support. I doubt you'll get that kind of support in any Non-Steam version. There certainly wasn't any of that in the old retail version.
don't care much about Steam workshop since 3rd party mods work just fine for this old game prior Steam WS. Don't care about STeam achievement.

But i like the 4k and gamepad support though

Source? Or is this just something you think.
it happened many times for me on GoG (case in point: Starpoint Gemini 2). It lags a bit when it comes to patching since GoG tested the patch compatibility but when they release it, it works

Can't say the same about Steam.

And no, I will not get into this sub-platform PC war (Steam vs. Gog or Steam vs. Origin). PC vs. Console is already silly as it is.

Right, so you don't have a source that GOG tests patches for all the games they sell.

The fact that they add a patch later than Steam isn't evidence that they test it.

Right, so you don't have a source that GOG tests patches for all the games they sell.

The fact that they add a patch later than Steam isn't evidence that they test it.
yea... try playing the first Divinity and tell me GOG tests they're patches/games. That thing runs like shit

I had absolutely no trouble with GOG's version of the first Divinity, on Windows or Mac.

ToEE, on the other hand...
Seriously? I find that hard to believe. I had to stop playing after the 3rd door that stopped registering. Tons of problems. Doors not working, loot not being able to be picked up, just a general buggy mess. It sucks because i really wanted to play the earlier ones before i play the new one. I was on win 7 if that matters?

Seriously? I find that hard to believe. I had to stop playing after the 3rd door that stopped registering. Tons of problems. Doors not working, loot not being able to be picked up, just a general buggy mess. It sucks because i really wanted to play the earlier ones before i play the new one. I was on win 7 if that matters?
I've played it on Win 7, Mac 10.6, and Mac 10.10, and I've had smooth sailing on all three. Dunno, man. Different computers have different software issues.

IIRC when they first (re)released it digitally it was kind of half assed and didn't play nice with modern systems and then Larian pushed a patch for that old ass game (which Gog undoubtedly went over with a fine tooth comb) and it worked much better without a bunch of hoop jumping.

So you're both right.

STOP THE PRESSES!  GOG IS HAVING A SALE!   IT HAS GIMMICKS!, PRICES THAT AMAZE AT 66% OFF! "FREE" GAMES!

THEY KNOW ME BY NAME, I'M SPECIAL!!!

THE REAL QUESTION IS:  DO I BUY SOME GOOD OLD GAMES OR WAIT FOR THEM TO BE ON STEAM IN 1-2 WEEKS? 

DECISIONS, DECISIONS...

Christ on a Bike! Why the fuck did I buy so many Interplay games?

I could've had the whole catalog on GOG for half of what I've already spent. :(

if riddick was a 10 dollar goal id jump on this but i dont really see 15 bucks worth of deals that i wouldnt rather wait 75% on steam for...

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="13007191" timestamp="1446688225"]Riddick
HPMA4031F5F05B89IU

System Shock 2

NALS4031F5F05B8934[/quote]
WTF r u buying from GAG, bro?

Here's my extra code I have no need for (please post if you claim):

Chronicles of Riddick 

HPMA1ED0CFEB0877TJ

Edit

System Shock 2

NALS47EE7FBE29E3ML

I found another one from another promotion:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear sky

HT18AFFF2A39C2

I was curious why GOG was not showing that I owned Fallout 1+2+Tactics and it appears that the original versions are now labeled as "classic" and no longer listed on the store.  As far as I can tell the versions are mostly the same, although the "classic" versions appear to have more goodies and fan patches/bug fixes included.

Also, I have GOG codes for System Shock 2 and Chronicles of Riddick: AoDA. If anyone wants them, shoot me a PM. (codes gone!)

I was curious why GOG was not showing that I owned Fallout 1+2+Tactics and it appears that the original versions are now labeled as "classic" and no longer listed on the store. As far as I can tell the versions are mostly the same, although the "classic" versions appear to have more goodies and fan patches/bug fixes included.
Yeah, the "Classic" versions were licensed from Interplay. Interplay lost the license, which went to Bethesda, which re-released the games on GOG, but with less extras.

https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_vs_fallout_classic

bread's done
Back