GOG Deals Thread

I want Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb but would rather have it on Steam where I already own Atlantis and Crusade.  Does anyone have any insight as to why Tomb isn't currently available on Steam and whether it ever will be?  I know sometimes it is a publisher thing but all three games show LucasArts/Lucasfilm and Disney on GOG.

I want Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb but would rather have it on Steam where I already own Atlantis and Crusade. Does anyone have any insight as to why Tomb isn't currently available on Steam and whether it ever will be? I know sometimes it is a publisher thing but all three games show LucasArts/Lucasfilm and Disney on GOG.
It's probably a timed GOG exclusive. Don't forget that most Activision games popped up on Steam a while ago, after years of being exclusive to GOG.

Is there any way to check when a game was added to GOG?  I was looking at the Journeyman Project games.  1 is on Steam, but 2 and 3 aren't.  Same dev though so I wonder if it's just a matter of time before 2-3 get added to Steam as well. 

Is there any way to check when a game was added to GOG? I was looking at the Journeyman Project games. 1 is on Steam, but 2 and 3 aren't. Same dev though so I wonder if it's just a matter of time before 2-3 get added to Steam as well.
Journeyman Project 2: June 28 / 29, 2010

Journeyman Project 3: March 20, 2012

So... who knows why they aren't there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Journeyman Project 2: June 28 / 29, 2010

Journeyman Project 3: March 20, 2012

So... who knows why they aren't there.
That is definitely strange. I know #1 was remade and someone else had the rights, which is why it was released after 2 and 3 on GOG.

I remember I got #1 in some multi-pack like 20 years ago and could never figure out how to get past the first intro part and it has forever haunted me. So now I am tempted to get them here so I can backlog them and still not get past the first part, let alone all three games. I might wait for another sale when the freebies for purchase are more to my liking.

Thanks for the info.

I have no idea what I just added to my account, but I've seen 3D polygonal graphics from 1992 that have aged more gracefully than this game's sprites.

Fantasy General - GOG Key:
4971E-41382-66C8F-CA2CE
When it's literally easier to go the site and get your own free key than use someone else's, MysterD has you covered anyway.

I already had the game (from another giveaway - looks like it was April 21st on GOG), so....I figured I'd throw it up into The CAG Wild.

Enjoy.

Fantasy General for anybody who missed the giveaway.

EDA8C-CA6B3-F1336-E2C68

Also:

Mount & Blade

D7576-31489-46E7F-45492

Saints Row 2

C2DF9-44AF4-6317F-D2362

At least GOG has good discounts. Steam sale = two weeks of 40% off five plus year old games.
To be fair, I'm using the GOG sale because of 67-75% off 25+ year old games...

(My pickups from this sale were the Ultima series and the Forgotten Realms archives.)

Decided against the Journeyman Project games.  Devs have hinted at a possible remake/graphical upgrade of the second one so I hope all three get added to Steam eventually.  Apparently the Steam version of 1 is more updated/better than the GOG one.  

Decided against the Journeyman Project games. Devs have hinted at a possible remake/graphical upgrade of the second one so I hope all three get added to Steam eventually. Apparently the Steam version of 1 is more updated/better than the GOG one.
TRAITOR!!!!! BURN THE GOG HERETIC!!!!!

bur-the-witch.gif

Good news everyone!

GOG has released Homeworld: Emergence. ($9.99 $8.99)

This is a Homeworld: Cataclysm re-release but Blizzard has trademarked Cataclysm so they had to change the name. I think the actual source code is still lost so no remastering has been done, just a re-release of the original with a few fixes under the hood for increased compatibility with modern systems.

They have also added Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak to GOG and have a sale on all the Homeworld games, but everyone probably already has those on Steam.

GOG Summer Sale haul:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Alien Breed and Alien Breed Tower Assault

Cannon Fodder 1 and 2

Elder Scrolls: Arena

Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall

Freedom Force and Freedom Force Third Reich

In Cold Blood

Killing Time

Rebel Galaxy

Requiem: Avenging Angel

Saboteur, The

Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny

Mainly got stuff from my wishlist that was on good discount or I wanted pretty badly. Lots of free stuff included as well. Mainly got games not on Steam or supposedly GOG version runs better (Freedom Force at least).

Anyone ever played Desperados 1+2? 

Anyone have any thoughts on them?

I have Desperados 1 on Steam, but don't own Desperados 2 anywhere.

Another Fantasy General code.

12912-28838-398BD-E18A3

I think that expires today (if it hasn't already) so, chop-chop.

That's interesting, I didn't realize GOG connect games were ever removed.
I didn't think any GOG connect games lasted long. Maybe 1 month max? We had some bronights for most of the games in the set too, but that was before they were dirt cheap on GG

Funny, Unreal 1 and UT GOTY were on Connect last year. Before I bought the game set at GamersGate for super cheap.

I really wish they would run repeats on GOG Connect...
That's interesting, I didn't realize GOG connect games were ever removed.
Would be better if GOG Connect was not a limited time thing.

Would be better if GOG Connect was forever on games, once they've started the promo on them.

This promo should never end for a game.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

CCQ31227D5EA67774I

I'm not sure if this code has expired or not. I offered it up about 10 days ago, but nobody seemed to want it. So I'm just throwing it out there for the lurkers. If it doesn't work...well, sorry about that. Blame MysterD.

bread's done
Back