LA RUSH for XBox $1.90

10px_spacer.gif

10px_spacer.gif

10px_spacer.gif

10px_spacer.gif

War Front: Turning Point DVD Edition $4.90

10px_spacer.gif

10px_spacer.gif

Good price on Neverwinter Nights: Diamond.

Picked up Neverwinter Nights and Half Life Anthology. Gogamer has some great sales on older PC games, which get passed up to often since most CAGs are console only gamers.

They cancelled my order for Rise & Fall. I get all my pc games from gogamer. Full price, 48 sale whatever. 90% of my pc games come from them, and this is a first. I emailed them and ask why. We will see what they say.

Dear Graystone

Thank you for your recent order at GoGamer.com.

This email is to confirm the cancellation for the item listed below. If your credit
card was charged, a refund has been processed. Please allow up to two billing cycles for your refund credit to appear on your credit card statement.

------------------------
YOUR ORDER INFORMATION:
------------------------

Order #:
Date: 06-27-2007 10:45 PM

Product ID: 5589937
Product Description: Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War

QTY Ordered: 1
QTY Shipped: 0
QTY Cancelled: 1

----------------------
YOUR ORDER BALANCE:
----------------------

Subtotal: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00
------------
Total $0.00

In on at least Neverwinter Nights. Considering Half-Life and Heroes of Might and Magic 4 (any thoughts on the last one?)

[quote name='strummerbs']In on at least Neverwinter Nights. Considering Half-Life and Heroes of Might and Magic 4 (any thoughts on the last one?)[/QUOTE]
The Heroes series is great. I would highly recommend them. As for myself, I may pick up Half-Life since I've already got Heroes 4.

Half Life 1 and Heroes of Might and Magic 4 are both tempting.

Plus isn't Heroes 4 the last 2D game? Heroes 5 is supposed to be good, but it's 3D and a different developer, so I'm not sure I'd like it as well.

[quote name='Graystone']They cancelled my order for Rise & Fall. I get all my pc games from gogamer. Full price, 48 sale whatever. 90% of my pc games come from them, and this is a first. I emailed them and ask why. We will see what they say.[/QUOTE]

I have this same problem. The last two times I tried to order from them it got rejected. When I called to ask about it, they said the system thinks my IP address is from a foreign country (it's not) and cancelled my order as part of its fraud protection system. I just placed my order over the phone.

Call them at: 888-948-9661

They also suggested that I try to checkout via Google Checkout, as it is a different system, but I haven't tried that yet.

If you think you'll ever want to play Heroes 4, I'd say snag it up now. I remember looking around town at Best Buys and Circuit Cities for the game right after it came out with no luck whatsoever.

While it is a bit of a step down from Heroes 3 in many ways, Heroes four has the best hero customization of all of the 2d games. You will easily get dozens of hours out of it before you even realize they're gone.

Out of curiosity, what's worse about it than 3?

And what's up with the IP address thing? Anything strange about your ISPs? Could even be bad registration info that your ISP is using that their site is going by. Good suggestion about trying Google Checkout.

At any rate, I've used GoGamer for years and never had issues. The only bad thing about it is I end up with an even HUUUUUGER backlog...of great games :D

It's scary when you consider just how long you could spend playing just Heroes 4. That could probably occupy me for months by itself.

This pisses me off, I picked up NVN Diamond when it was $20 on Amazon about 9 months ago, and I have not even played it, back logged, and now THIS!!!
This happens way too often.

Everyone should just not buy deals because theres bound to someone who sells it for a marginally cheaper price. Just avoid spending, Youll find it for free eventually. fuck

[quote name='Brian9824']What type of game is heroes?

Tempted to get it and NwN[/QUOTE]

It's a strategy series that started in 1990. (No offense, but I didn't know not everyone hadn't played it! :) )

I haven't played 4 yet, but it's always been super addicting.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...l?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

Heroes 4 will unfortunately be the last game in the series by the original developer, New World Computing. Heroes 5 was supposed to be good, but it's by some other team that I think Ubi Soft hired.

Heroes V (and likely future ones) is in the hands of the devs who did Etherlords and Blitzkreig (among other strategy games), so it's in reasonably good hands.

I already have the Neverwinter Nights Platinum pack but I had to bite on the Diamond one too. I mean $5.... it's just so CHEAP! And I threw in the p.o.s. Shield game just because I'm a Shield fanboy.

HL 1 Anthology is so tempting >_< I already have HL2 which comes with HL1. I shouldn't waste more money on this.

[quote name='dbz4ever']HL 1 Anthology is so tempting >_< I already have HL2 which comes with HL1. I shouldn't waste more money on this.[/QUOTE]

Why would you? As someone said earlier, "Maddness? THIS IS CheapAssGAMMMMMER!"

I'm gonna order NWN, but I'm also contemplating the Half Life Anthology and Heroes of Might & Magic IV. Is everything in HL Anthology already in HL2? Is there any Heroes of Might & Magic collection I don't know about that includes IV?

Is the $10 off from google check out still around?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was $10 off $30 even if it still is around. I don't have that much to spend on games right now.

I'm getting NWN and Heroes IV. I'd throw in The Shield game for $2, even if it is supposed to be pretty bad, but adding a third item jacks up the shipping. I'd rather spend an extra $3 for Heroes and get a game I know I'll enjoy.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm gonna order NWN, but I'm also contemplating the Half Life Anthology and Heroes of Might & Magic IV. Is everything in HL Anthology already in HL2? Is there any Heroes of Might & Magic collection I don't know about that includes IV?[/QUOTE]

I don't think (and I could be wrong) that Half-Life comes with Half-Life 2. You can get it with a special bundle from Steam, though. I went to 2 Big Lots trying to find a copy of HL Anthology with no luck. This was exactly the deal I'm looking for. I want to play through HL before I jump into HL2.

Just ordered NWN and Half-Life. I like Half-Life for its "story", so I figured what the heck :p

Edited to add:
[quote name='munch']I don't think (and I could be wrong) that Half-Life comes with Half-Life 2. You can get it with a special bundle from Steam, though. I went to 2 Big Lots trying to find a copy of HL Anthology with no luck. This was exactly the deal I'm looking for. I want to play through HL before I jump into HL2.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure HL2 comes with HL... or at least one of the versions does, because that's how I was playing it recently (didn't finish it before, and I also wanted to finish it before HL2). It used the new engine or something. I think maybe an older version didn't have HL, but I think you could download it if you had HL2.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Just ordered NWN and Half-Life. I like Half-Life for its "story", so I figured what the heck :p[/quote]

You can pick up the Episode 1 also, if you like the story after HL2. =P I think CC has it for $10, don't know how much in the site.

Just ordered.

Stupid deals, my backlog of games just keeps getting bigger. :p

Although, I've already played NWN and 2 major expansions(although I only own Shadows). But for $5 it's worth it for the premium content, I think.

[quote name='munch']I don't think (and I could be wrong) that Half-Life comes with Half-Life 2. You can get it with a special bundle from Steam, though. I went to 2 Big Lots trying to find a copy of HL Anthology with no luck. This was exactly the deal I'm looking for. I want to play through HL before I jump into HL2.[/quote]

HL2 Game of the year edition has Half-Life: Source. Don't think that's HL 1 with Expansions.

Half Life 2 Holiday Collection DVD has them all

[quote name='vherub']neverwinter is saying oos for me when added to cart

also, heroes iv and neverwinter have $5 pricegrabber rebates[/quote]

Dang....that's like free game and pay shipping only, CAG to extreme O.O :cold:

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Just ordered NWN and Half-Life. I like Half-Life for its "story", so I figured what the heck :p

Edited to add:
I'm pretty sure HL2 comes with HL... or at least one of the versions does, because that's how I was playing it recently (didn't finish it before, and I also wanted to finish it before HL2). It used the new engine or something. I think maybe an older version didn't have HL, but I think you could download it if you had HL2.[/quote]

HL1 and HL Source does not come with HL2 in the "normal" package. I bought HL2 from a store, it only gave me access to HL2, Deathmatch, Lost Coast, and CS:S. HL1 with the updated enginge is Half Life Source. If you have HL Source I would check steam to see if you can download and play HL1 before you buy anything. Hope that clears things up for you.

[quote name='dbz4ever']HL2 Game of the year edition has Half-Life: Source. Don't think that's HL 1 with Expansions.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I think I have the GOTY edition of HL2. Is HL Source considered different from Half-Life? The only difference I'd think is you can't play the expansions.

I upgraded shipping to priority for just over $1 more. Seemed well worth it to get the game in a few days rather than waiting forever.

[quote name='ma']Arggh NWN is gone. *kicks self for trying to get work done instead of checking CAG*[/quote]

At least you're getting paid instead of paying someone for the game lol

[quote name='ma']Arggh NWN is gone. *kicks self for trying to get work done instead of checking CAG*[/quote]
Damn damn double-damn. Should have ordered earlier. I was hoping they'd have enough in stock to last the 48h sale. I was going to order after work.

If anyone is worried about playing Half-Life because of the dated graphics don't be. The graphics might suck now but the story, atmosphere, and gameplay hold up EXTREMELY well imo. You won't regret playing it.

[quote name='cgarb84']If anyone is worried about playing Half-Life because of the dated graphics don't be. The graphics might suck now but the story, atmosphere, and gameplay hold up EXTREMELY well imo. You won't regret playing it.[/quote]

damn well i'm sold..

looks like im gunna get half life 1 and magic 4 (never played either one of these before tho..)

My understanding is there's an amateur group recreating Half Life 1 in source, that DOESN'T require the source version (they're trying to really use the engine, not just port it over. Who knows when or if it'll actually be finished though, so it's not like $5 is a bad deal :)

I also think this anthology is NOT the Source version, though I wouldn't swear to that either.

[quote name='m6oo']I have this same problem. The last two times I tried to order from them it got rejected. When I called to ask about it, they said the system thinks my IP address is from a foreign country (it's not) and cancelled my order as part of its fraud protection system. I just placed my order over the phone.

Call them at: 888-948-9661

They also suggested that I try to checkout via Google Checkout, as it is a different system, but I haven't tried that yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll do.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']My NWN got backordered... I hope I'll still eventually get one :\[/quote]

lol your avatar expression matches perfectly with what you just said. But I am sure you'll get one, I haven't had any bad experience with them before. Took me a whole month to get Art of Fighting Anthology from BUY.com, I figure it's similar case.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']My NWN got backordered... I hope I'll still eventually get one :\[/quote] Wish I could place a backordered order on that game right now... :) I keep checking the site in hopes that it'll come back in stock before the sale is over.

[quote name='eugaet']Wish I could place a backordered order on that game right now... :) I keep checking the site in hopes that it'll come back in stock before the sale is over.[/quote]

I have a feeling this is not the last time I'll see the game on sale.

That NWN diamond has to be the best bargain on a game I have seen, it's got like 3 xpacks and the original game. That should last months of playtime and that isn't counting all the time you can spend with the editor and all the homemade quests you can DL.
I wonder how strong the online community still is?

As for Halflife 1? It's worth it for team fortress classic alone. If anyone plans to play TF2, you can count on at least half of the core maps in tfc being recreated for TF2 since they are so loved by the community.

Half-Life Source comes with some versions of Half-Life 2. Half-Life Source is NOT the same thing as Half-Life 1 -- HL: Source has an updated physics engine. But with HL: Source, you can't play expansions or any HL1 mods.

With this Half-Life 1 Anthology thing, you get Half-Life 1, a couple expansions, and Team Fortress(which is a mod). Team Fortress is an awesome multiplayer game, and worth the price by itself. Also; with Half-Life 1 Anthology, you can download all of the mods and whatnot for Half-Life 1. This includes games like Counter-Strike 1.6 and Day of Defeat, which loads of people still play.

Are the graphics dated? Yeah.
It it worth less than $5 shipped, even if you have Half-Life 2? I think so, especially if you enjoy playing multiplayer.

bread's done
Back