GoGamer Black Mamba Madness

Good deals on Tomb Raider Anniversary and Soul Calibur 4 for anyone that missed out on the Best Buy and Steam sales and/or if you want a non-steam version of TRA.

it isnt BL for me I put it and brothers in arms in my card and total is 30.XX shipped, tried to put in stuntman but it says preorder items must be sole items in card....:whistle2:\ pondering what and if i will order

on the fence about soul calibur. Brothers in Arms will go down to next to nothing in price pretty soon and I have a backlog of games but I really loved the GCN soul calibur...

Ahhh! I just spent $60 on the Aquanaut's Holiday/Hakuna Matata combo from Play-Asia!

I'm really interested in The Simpson's Game...but shipping kind of kills it a bit on top of tax.

Are there any free shipping codes available...or would Jason like to create one for us? :)

Rise of Nations is a fantastic RTS game. Well, in 2003 it was anyway. $8 is a good price. Many countless hours went into that game. Thanks CheapyD!

[quote name='AceSXE']it isnt BL for me I put it and brothers in arms in my card and total is 30.XX shipped, tried to put in stuntman but it says preorder items must be sole items in card....:whistle2:\ pondering what and if i will order[/QUOTE]

I fixed Stuntman. We accidentally put the year 2207 as the release date. LOL. Woops. It should be ok now.

BL means bi-lingual packaging.

Jason

Man, I wish there were some different "cheap" games on the list. I love supporting these sales, but have all the cheapo 360 games lately.

Anyone who likes strategy games and hasn't played Rise of Nations needs to pick it up. It's a truly great RTS. The specs are so low that anyone who has a PC made in the last 5 years should have no problems playing it. I've spend many hours playing it.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Ahhh! I just spent $60 on the Aquanaut's Holiday/Hakuna Matata combo from Play-Asia!

I'm really interested in The Simpson's Game...but shipping kind of kills it a bit on top of tax.

Are there any free shipping codes available...or would Jason like to create one for us? :)[/QUOTE]

The Simpsons game is pretty bad gameplay-wise (terrible honestly) but it was more than worth putting up with the crappy camera and all the other problems for the sake of the great voice acting and comedy...

Spellforce Universe is the real steal of a deal in this collection. $15 bucks for both Spellforce I & II and all the expansions. Tasty.

Wow, some really good deals this week. Too bad I already own everything I'd want except possibly Spellforce.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Rise of Nations is a fantastic RTS game. Well, in 2003 it was anyway. $8 is a good price. Many countless hours went into that game. Thanks CheapyD![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kaijufan']Anyone who likes strategy games and hasn't played Rise of Nations needs to pick it up. It's a truly great RTS. The specs are so low that anyone who has a PC made in the last 5 years should have no problems playing it. I've spend many hours playing it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, you guys have convinced me! :lol: I guess I should ask-the single player is good, right? I won't end up ever touching multiplayer.

I think I'll end up getting that and Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I already own it for Xbox 360, AND Playstation 2, so what's a third platform :lol:

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']The Simpsons game is pretty bad gameplay-wise (terrible honestly) but it was more than worth putting up with the crappy camera and all the other problems for the sake of the great voice acting and comedy...[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to like that, but tried the demo and couldn't stand the gameplay. I'm hoping I end up liking the DS version okay. Picked it up cheap somewhere, and I think it's more 2D, maybe a scrolling fighter, I can't remember.

hey i remeber playing rise of the nations when it first come out i can't find my disc thinking about getting it...but what does the (I) mean?

Import. They'll work fine. I'm just waiting to hear if its the single player game people like and I guess I'll pull the trigger on those too.

It's funny, Soul Calibur 4 is down to $17 or whatever and I'm still not interested. Been less interested with each progressive release, and I wasn't very interested with the PS1 original to begin with.

I'm in for PC Brothers in Arms, and XBOX 360 Soul Calibur IV. Thinking about Wii Celebrity Sports Showdown for my little sister.

Sweet deals this week.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Anyone know if that Frag FX mouse controller for PS3 is any good?[/QUOTE]

It works great. I like to play PC shooters because of the mouse keyboard combo. With the Frag get best of both the console and PC . With a Mouse & controller grip combo.

Works for me.....

[quote name='Wolfpup']Alright, you guys have convinced me! :lol: I guess I should ask-the single player is good, right? I won't end up ever touching multiplayer.

[/QUOTE]
The single player is a Risk like game where you have to conquer the world. I believe the expansion pack added several new campaigns. You can also play single matches against computer players.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I wish I had 100 dollars to blow on a mouse, the Mamba is shweet.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of mice around that are of equal quality for far less. If you've got to have it though, wait around for a while and you'll inevitably find it at a significant discount. I bought my Logitech G9 for about $50 on Amazon.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Alright, you guys have convinced me! :lol: I guess I should ask-the single player is good, right? I won't end up ever touching multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

You'll get your money's worth in single player. I don't even know if anybody even plays multiplayer anymore. Like kaijufan said, the campaign has a Risk style board where you can decide what location to attack next. Winning a battle grants you the resources of that location and a bonus card you can use in an upcoming battle (these bonus cards are a HUGE help). You can choose from many scenario campaigns that have you taking the role of conquerers from past wars or you can just do a conquer the world campaign.

The only tip I can give you is to bind your library to a key using ctrl-#! It helps if you need to start researching while you're out in battle.

[quote name='Tooki']There are plenty of mice around that are of equal quality for far less. If you've got to have it though, wait around for a while and you'll inevitably find it at a significant discount. I bought my Logitech G9 for about $50 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of good mice, but The Mamba has set the highest standard for high end gaming.

Logitech G9 3600 DPI
Mamba 5600 DPI - Thats crazy fast

[quote name='jon714']There are plenty of good mice, but The Mamba has set the highest standard for high end gaming.

Logitech G9 3600 DPI
Mamba 5600 DPI - Thats crazy fast[/QUOTE]

But are you really going to notice a difference in the DPI, let alone have the reflexes to take advantage of it?

Was the cheapest shipping option for console games always $6.99?

It seems now that the cheapest shipping option for PC games is $2.99 and console/portable games are $6.99.

bread's done
Back