GoGamer.com Madness Sale On NOW!

Can't stop laughing at "Amazing deals" with the addition to what FlyingMonkey9 said.
Out of many, I just want to point out that Wiimote Motion Plus Bundle, here being on sale for $47.90 is $44.99 normally from Amazon.

Unfortunately the shipping always seems to keep me from grabbing a bunch of budget titles. With that added It's about the same from half.com or Gamestop or something.

If they offered free shipping, even if it was for orders of more than 1 item I'd buy a ton of stuff there.

[quote name='Jodou']I stopped looking last year TBH.[/QUOTE]

I did buy quite a bit of stuff from them last year (well summer - fall 09), but since winter I have seen prices that just are not that good.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Some great deals, but what the hell at Assassin's Creed 2 being 56.99...you guys know they dropped the MSRP to 30 right?[/QUOTE]

Is that accurate? I've seen it on sale and it's part of Game Days, but is that a universal drop?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Is that accurate? I've seen it on sale and it's part of Game Days, but is that a universal drop?[/QUOTE]

The MSRP hasn't dropped to $30. As you said its the gamestop gameday sale price and it is matched on Amazon.com. Outside of that the price is still in the $59.99 range everywhere else.

[quote name='rawrker']The MSRP hasn't dropped to $30. As you said its the gamestop gameday sale price and it is matched on Amazon.com. Outside of that the price is still in the $59.99 range everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Still a completely inferior sale.

The Stardock games package someone pointed out already is the only worthwhile deal I saw.

G.R.A.W. 2 for 360's not bad for $9.99. The $2.99 shipping doesn't kill the deal, just maims it a little so I ordered one. Otherwise, yeah, where are the deals, GoGamer?

Just bought the original Call of Duty and its expansion for $11 shipped. Considering I haven't seen it lately in any other bundle than one that cost $30 (with CoD 2 or the soundtrack), I think this was certainly a worthy purchase!

How come Fallout 3 GOTY (PC) hasn't gotten cheap after over 6 months out? MW2 and ME2 fell within a couple of months, but FO3 never seems to go on sale other than one week at Beast Buy when it was $30 and the infamous one-hour $17.99 Steam sale around Christmas. I get these GoGamer "madness" emails and am always disappointed.

I bought Just Cause 2 PC version for $30 recently through GoGamer. Was a fantastic deal. Not too interested in these, though. I think it's the shipping that kills it for me in the sub $10~ PC category. It's like, yah, I'd pay $4 for Call of Juarez just to try it... but add in shipping and :/ Kinda why I buy $5 games on Steam in the oodles.

Still, having sales on Super Street Fighter is pretty cool.

[quote name='chankk']Looks like a crap sale to me. The only thing that interests me is the 250gb HD for 120[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That seems to be the only decent deal this time around.

Pretty much any store sales have items that hardly qualify as "sales". Thats the nature of the buisness, so no use bashing on every individual item. The ones I agree with the most are ones that have the weird jump in value like The Experiment which went from $2.99 to $29. Now thats just funny...or sad...depending on how you look at it.

The shipping is the worst deal breaker though. Ordering a $3 game is good, but paying $10 cause of overpriced shipping that takes over a week to deliever takes the luster away.

I do appreciate gogamer's deals sometimes. They do have some nice values from time to time, and its nice that they have a rep that keeps us posted.

[quote name='rawrker']Pretty much any store sales have items that hardly qualify as "sales". Thats the nature of the buisness, so no use bashing on every individual item. The ones I agree with the most are ones that have the weird jump in value like The Experiment which went from $2.99 to $29. Now thats just funny...or sad...depending on how you look at it.

The shipping is the worst deal breaker though. Ordering a $3 game is good, but paying $10 cause of overpriced shipping that takes over a week to deliever takes the luster away.

I do appreciate gogamer's deals sometimes. They do have some nice values from time to time, and its nice that they have a rep that keeps us posted.[/QUOTE]

So true. Man, when they DO give free shipping (rarely), best hope it doesn't get delayed because if it does, they'll cancel it, call it, "by your request," and then when you question them about it, say, "We won't be getting any more anytime soon."

Btw, "anytime soon," wound up being within 9 days. At which point, the product mysteriously popped up again! Color them so surprised! I guess the product magically appeared in their warehouse again without their having known or planned for it since it was to be gone forever! Oh and of course, the free shipping was gone at about that time.

So amazing! Shady retailer imo that'd fuss so much over free shipping that they advertised but didn't want to bother with on product too cheap for them to care.

bread's done
Back