GoGamer Labor Day PC games madness

[quote name='Proto Man']Holy crap, Deus Ex for $3?!? Score! Thanks, Basticle![/quote] That's Invisible War, aka Deus Ex 2: The Shittening.

good luck getting deus ex to run decently on your rig. IW came out like three years ago and it STILL is buggy on the highest of systems.

I don't think you'll regret it, keithp. It's not as good as the original, but as long as you enjoy screwing with guards, you'll find some joy in it.

I remember when my brother bought RF Online when it first came out for full price. He played it for a few days and never played it again. Kind of a waste. Music was good though.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Wow, Archlord must really be bad. Only $2 now... Probably going to pick up BIA: Earned in Blood though. Thanks Basticle.[/QUOTE]

Even worse, Archlord is actually a free download on the Codemaster's website.

I hate to use the "shipping kills it" line, but does anyone think that they have a strange way of calculating shipping? 1-2 items came up as $2.59 shipping, but I added 1 more item (the $1 Aquanox 2), and it bumped it up to $5.99! After that each extra game is only $1 more for shipping though, so if you're picking up a bunch of games it makes it a bit less of an issue. Just seems wrong paying 3x as much shipping as the cost of the game.

Spectacular prices though, I've been meaning to pick some of these up. Never heard of Act of War before this, but after I looked up some reviews it seems well worth the price.

Again, I have to wonder how many of these will be on GameTap by the time I would actually play them, but Bard's Tale and Act of War sound good.

Not sure which version this is, but the earlier ones of X3 had the dreaded Starforce as well.

[quote name='Basticle']I've been meaning to play X3 and its $20 on Steam so that seems like a pretty good price to me..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crowbb']Not sure which version this is, but the earlier ones of X3 had the dreaded Starforce as well.[/QUOTE]
I'm 90% sure Starforce is patched out of X3. So if you get the latest patch, you get all the goodies of the X3 2.0 retail version including no Starforce.

Ended up ordering Bard's Tale and The Guild. Was tempted by Act of War and X3 but it sounds like it's really time consuming with a steep learning curve and I don't really feel like spending 3 weeks farming money for a capital ship, and Act of War sounds like it'd be enjoyable but hell... I'm buried in RTS games already. DoW, supcom, CoH, Age of Mythology, C&C3. Just can't justify going beyond the 2 game shipping price for either of those.

Bard's Tale I figure what the hell, hack and slash and possibly funny and funny games aren't common, and The Guild sounds like a fairly unique sandbox and I enjoy sandbox games.

[quote name='Scorch']good luck getting deus ex to run decently on your rig. IW came out like three years ago and it STILL is buggy on the highest of systems.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that it's horribly designed as a game. I still like running through bits of Deus Ex 1, but I can't even play Deus Ex 2 for more than 2 minutes without vomiting. I saw my doctor about that and he said that it was a natural reaction to such a shitty game.

bread's done
Back