GoGamer Madness $1-$4 games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)

Mad_Mail_011609_700px_menu_24.jpg

Giants Citzen Kabuto is an excellent game, as is Battlestations Midway. Descent Freespace is also really good, but I'm not really sure how it would hold by today's standards.

Still, great offers for those who want to try some old games!

[quote name='Achuba Nanoia']Giants Citzen Kabuto is an excellent game[/QUOTE]
I agree...I got unexpected laughter out of that game.

I'm kind of annoyed by GoGamer.

They have Eternal Sonata 360, Castle Shikigami III Wii and Lego Batman PSP back in stock, but my order for those titles from the Green Friday sale are still "On Hold."

I'm guessing they will eventually cancel my order and "apologize" for not being able to restock the titles. The full charges are still on my credit card, but I haven't received any indication they are going to honor their own sale and send the games to me.

[quote name='opportunity777']I'm kind of annoyed by GoGamer.

They have Eternal Sonata 360, Castle Shikigami III Wii and Lego Batman PSP in stock, but my order for those titles from the Green Friday sale are still "On Hold."

I'm guessing they will eventually cancel my order and "apologize" for not being able to restock the titles. The full charges are still on my credit card, but I haven't received any indication they are going to honor their own sale and send the games to me.[/quote]

that seems a bit weird.

have you contacted anyone?

I know I JUST got my friday order like a day ago. which is about what, a couple weeks old? slow.

Anyways hopefully they will ship yours soon.

[quote name='xycury']that seems a bit weird.

have you contacted anyone?

I know I JUST got my friday order like a day ago. which is about what, a couple weeks old? slow.

Anyways hopefully they will ship yours soon.[/QUOTE]

No, I have not because I thought I would just let it shake out. I try not to be too pushy because I knew the titles were not available (with no indication of a restock).

Just now, I fired one off.

I might be agitated for no reason. I will just wait for a response.

Wow, there are some really good games in there!
Advent Rising
Tribes Vengeance (Was no starsiege but it was fun)
Shadowrun (Again, wasn't great but deinitely 3 dollars worthy)
Hitman
Stranglehold

[quote name='rothgar24']In for Stranglehold. It must be worth ~5 bucks and I heard Cheapy loved it.[/quote]

Everything i'd buy, I already have (including Stranglehold which is an excellent deal at that price). I just beat the game earlier this week and it was loads of fun for me. Enjoy it.

I'd also recommend Prey which is a pretty good shooter and well worth the price.

They have Eternal Sonata 360, Castle Shikigami III Wii and Lego Batman PSP back in stock, but my order for those titles from the Green Friday sale are still "On Hold."

I'm guessing they will eventually cancel my order and "apologize" for not being able to restock the titles. The full charges are still on my credit card, but I haven't received any indication they are going to honor their own sale and send the games to me.[/quote]

Well of course they're not in stock, they're not PC titles. Just a little GoGamer humor for ya!

Shipping is the only thing that really kills deals for me from GoGamer. They have put some awesome stuff up and I have grabbed a few in the past, but just hard to warrant getting a game when the shipping is so much more than the product itself. :(

[quote name='Kurina']Shipping is the only thing that really kills deals for me from GoGamer. They have put some awesome stuff up and I have grabbed a few in the past, but just hard to warrant getting a game when the shipping is so much more than the product itself. :([/quote]

agreed, they need to offer media mail. It would be slow as hell, but would probably cost about 4 bucks to ship 3-4 fully boxed games let alone the ones that are in jewel cases. Cant go so far to expect shipping discount or free shipping on games that are $1-$4 though. They probably barely turn a profit as it stands.

Some really great games. I own most that I want, but anyone know if:

Stranglehold
Batttlestations Midway

have activation?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Some really great games. I own most that I want, but anyone know if:

Stranglehold
Batttlestations Midway

have activation?[/QUOTE]

No activation for Stranglehold, does have securom though.

How much is shipping for them? It kindof ruins the sale when you buy 3 games for 5 bucks and it comes to 10+ because of shipping lol.

3 games would run you around $6-7 I believe.

Probably in for Dungeon Siege, mostly for nostalgic reasons. Wanting to get more but probably hold off there. I'm still recovering from holiday sales and a small spending spree at GOG earlier this week. :(

Also, what does (JC) stand for? Jewel Case?

Then I'll have to refrain. As good as buying a few cheapy games sounds, spending double that in shipping just says meh to me. Maybe I'll buy one, that way it's not so bad.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']does anyone play shadowrun online? Like cross platform or where i can earn achievements? Also how is Pariah?[/quote]

Shadowrun is still active online. And Live Gold is free for Windows games now.

The Movies is a great game. You run a movie studio, build it from the ground up, create your own movies, it's great. $3 is a good deal although I don't know about shipping from them.

Man, shipping kills it for me. I don't want to pay $22 for 4 games I don't really even want.

WARNING: Shadowrun REQUIRES Vista to play. Didn't realize that until I almost bought it.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Man, shipping kills it for me. I don't want to pay $22 for 4 games I don't really even want.

WARNING: Shadowrun REQUIRES Vista to play. Didn't realize that until I almost bought it.[/quote]

Why would you buy 4 games you don't really want, for ANY price?

[quote name='doodofdoods']buy 2 games. $3 shipping for 1 game, $3.29 shipping for 2 games. It jumps to $5.99 shipping when you add 3 games.[/quote]If there was a second game I wanted other than The Movies, I'd do that, but there isn't. Oh well. It's not as if I don't have a sickeningly large backlog of games to play already. Heh.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']WARNING: Shadowrun REQUIRES Vista to play. Didn't realize that until I almost bought it.[/QUOTE]

There's a work-around to make it run on XP.

I ended up buying the mouse for my laptop...no negative reviews on Amazon for $7 shipped. Shipping does kill it for most of this stuff, though.

Well, dirt cheap shipping used to be a lot cheaper a few years ago... but I still picked up Stranglehold. Still a nice deal at < 6 bucks.

In for Virtua Tennis & Virtua Fighter 2 bundle. Love me some Virtua Tennis, even if the total was $6.99 after shipping :/

In the same boat. I think, I have sent them like 2 or 3 email at this point about Eternal Sonata; waiting for a response for the one I sent yesterday. It is also very strange that I had to make account when ordering that I can't login to ... so I must harass them for my status updates. Depending what they say in their next email, I may just say screw it, cancel my order, and go pick it up for $10 more; the aggravation with gogamer :bomb: isn't worth saving the $10 at this point.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So, can I rely on the boxshots shown on each product page to be indicative of the actual regional version of the game I'll receive? For instance, Prey shows the USA box, whereas Shadowrun shows the European box, et cetera. Would those be the regional versions I'd receive?[/quote]
I believe that is the US box for Shadowrun as well, looks similar to what I have seen in stores here. Usually if it is an import they will include (I) in the title, such as Dungeon Siege plus Legends of Aranna (I) for PC.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Wow, there are some really good games in there!
Advent Rising
Tribes Vengeance (Was no starsiege but it was fun)
Shadowrun (Again, wasn't great but deinitely 3 dollars worthy)
Hitman
Stranglehold[/QUOTE]

It's a damn shame that the Advent Trilogy ends at one. That was one of the best games I played on Xbox. Then again I only paid $5 for it so that may have clouded my judgment as well, but I doubt it.

"Hello,

We have went ahead and canceled those four items on your order that are listed on back order. We do not have a return date on these titles and we have taken them off your order and you should be refunded shortly for these items.

Thank you,

Simon Jaroudi
GoGamer.com"

Bull-fucking-shit.

http://www.gogamer.com/Lego-Batman-...VproductId46221885VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

http://www.gogamer.com/Eternal-Sona...VproductId46219095VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

http://www.gogamer.com/Castle-of-Sh...VproductId46221905VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

All three titles are in stock, but they are not going to fulfill their obligation to me for my Green Friday purchases. The thirty day window is not even finished yet!

EDIT:

Here's the story they gave me:

Apparently, GoGamer has two warehouses. One houses only console titles. The other houses both PC and console titles. Only one of them offers special prices on items (the PC & console warehouse). GoGamer does not ship items between the two warehouses. When a specially priced item goes out of stock, GoGamer does not restock from the other warehouse.

Anyways, I had to call them on the phone to get some of my titles. Unfortunately, they will not fill my Lego Batman PSP order (even though the second warehouse had it in stock). I'm pleased I was able to get Castle Shikigami III and Eternal Sonata. I guess I will watch out for the next sale on the Batman title. Also, my order for Gore on the PC is not going to be sent out. Fifty-percent of the titles at the sale prices is better than nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hollowfreak']It's a damn shame that the Advent Trilogy ends at one. That was one of the best games I played on Xbox. Then again I only paid $5 for it so that may have clouded my judgment as well, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I thought advent rising was terrible. And to think the publisher Majesco almost went bankrupt because of this train wreck. How much could it really cost them to produce this? Did they spend like over 5 million in hiring the people from film industry, 10 million on PR and advertising, and only 1 million on the actual game designers and programmers?

bread's done
Back