GoGamer Madness 4/7/09

[quote name='StarKnightX']To make a suggestion (no idea if this would be do-able or not since I don't run a business like this of course) is on games that your going to offer for really cheap prices (> $5 perhaps) is that instead of offering it for such and such a price + shipping , just offer it for more with free shipping ($2 game with $4 shipping becomes $6 with free shipping). Or maybe offer the really cheap games at that price with a certain purchase amount ($5 game becomes $1 if you order $x.xx worth of stuff).[/QUOTE]

In that case though, since they combine shipping for a certain amount of games, you would be getting a worse deal if you bought multiple games. And all just so people can see the words "free shipping", regardless of the final price.

[quote name='msdmoney']In that case though, since they combine shipping for a certain amount of games, you would be getting a worse deal if you bought multiple games. And all just so people can see the words "free shipping", regardless of the final price.[/quote]

Valid point. The former suggestion (as opposed to the latter one) only really works for people that only would have ordered like 1 or 2 of the really cheap items and nothing else. If someone were to order a bunch of other things in addition to the really cheap items (or just a lot of the really cheap items) then the idea falls apart and goes to waste.

[quote name='xycury']wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.[/quote]

those 3 dollars mean something to me. Sure, maybe some rich fancy man like you can afford 3 dollars for shipping on anything but to me getting a game solely because i watch the tv show means I need the best deal. I know simpsons isnt going to be the best game so my mind is set on a $10 mark. thats it. if it was a game desired badly, then I will be willing to pay shipping and handling and processing and pondering. But i can get my simpsons fix with the dvds i own...or i could wait until it hits that $10 margin.

i dont think josef is spoiled..like me, he is looking for the best deal just like he stated. he just said it in a direct way that had a negative impact on gogamer.

btw, u can call me a cheap ass gamer or just a cheap ass. doesnt faze me..my girl calls me just plain cheap

[quote name='salty tbone']I've read all the posts, and I honestly have no idea what you guys are arguing about.[/QUOTE]

people think gogamer should offer free shipping....

i think the places that do offer free shipping has spolied us so much we think that everyone should ship items for free

Why does it take 7 to 15 days.. First class is 2 bucks to ship a game and its 1 to 3 days...

ordered pop cutie demending on how fast i get it will figure if i ever deal with this company again

[quote name='slidecage']people think gogamer should offer free shipping....

i think the places that do offer free shipping has spolied us so much we think that everyone should ship items for free

Why does it take 7 to 15 days.. First class is 2 bucks to ship a game and its 1 to 3 days...

ordered pop cutie demending on how fast i get it will figure if i ever deal with this company again[/QUOTE]

The quickest I've got something was 5 days.

But right after xmas they had a surge of orders and I didn't get a previous order for like 2 weeks.

Really GoGamer shines on getting multiples... people paying for one game won't really see the savings, buying alot of games, and only having to pay

SO ANYWAY. :p

My headphones just conveniently died, anyone have experience with the Yapster Headphones? Particularly if they are comfortable for glasses wearers (UTMOST IMPORTANCE HERE). If they're good, I can get those, and WotLK seperately and save about $5 over the combo pack that's been there since before launch. :p

Wow, what was the deal with all the people QQing on the first two pages about no console games? 95% of the deals on this site are console games and the 5% that are PC I appreciate a good deal. Thanks GoGamer, nothing this week for me as I'm strapped for cash but I love your madness deals.

Dawn of War II was a good price, but I'm going to have to wait till it drops lower, since I suspect I won't really like it much and will put it aside almost immediately.

Think I'm in for Bangai-O, been meaning to play it for a really long time and I have a few trips coming up where the DS will come in handy.

Also, love gogamer. Picked up Brothers in Arms last month for $15 and it was worth 3 times that. Shipping was super fast, too.

[quote name='slidecage']thought this sale was only for 48 hours what would of ended Saturday morning. still on sale...[/quote]

They usually continue on through the week. Although it's not always definite, sales usually come out each Tuesday night and last till next Monday/Tuesday when they are removed. Varies a bit but that's the general rule of thumb, despite it being titled a 48 hour madness sale.

bread's done
Back