GoGamer Madness 4/7/09

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason[/quote]

I love seeing you offer older PC games around $8 or less (the lower the better, of course):D

I hope you still make some money off of them, as I love teh GoGamer.

I also like it when you pull out some oddball stuff like eXperiment, Perry Rhodan, and Armies of Exigo from the last sale. (my order was 22906038 if you want to look at my history, it's a case study of a PC CAG).

[quote name='RoboPhish']Dawn of War 2.... so cheap... so fast! *tear*[/quote]

Yeah, and it's so great, too. PEOPLE: buy this game!

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, and it's so great, too. PEOPLE: buy this game![/quote]

I'm interested but I'm gonna wait till it drops a lil more.

[quote name='gantt']HAWX 360 is $39.97 at Amazon, free shipping, no tax. $38.99 at Fry's, no shipping required for me (B&M). It's $42.89 (shipping included) plus tax at GoGamer.

I'm not saying GoGamer needs to undersell Amazon across the board (suicide), but HAWX is heavily discounted recently - you might be better served by discounting some titles that aren't on promotion everywhere.

E.g., I haven't bought a lot from GoGamer, but one thing I did buy was EyeToy Kinetic. It's an older title, obviously, but it's hard to find, and especially hard to find new at a discount. It's these second-chance-at-an-oldie-but-goodie items that attract me to GoGamer sales.[/quote]

When be bought our last batch and we looked we thought we were going to be the lowest, but apparently the source that gave us a deal on HAWX also gave the others a similar deal. Our problem was we sat on it for a week. Well, darn it. I stand corrected then.

Jason

To all those that shop with us and have made comments here thank you for your support. Times are tough in the economy and we're trying to offer the best deals we can for gamers on a budget.

Jason

I'm always looking for a cheap 360 game from these sales. Seems like they're getting rid of some really old, previously clearenced stuff.

[quote name='slidecage']shipping kills the deals : ([/QUOTE]

2.99 for the first game and $1 more for each additional title.

I think it's reasonable since not many others can match these prices, plus they have been shipping newer titles with free shipping.

I would say it's more economical to buy many titles and not just 1.

My last purchase had 4.

Remember, GoGamer is much smaller than Amazon... can't afford to free ship everything.

[quote name='xycury']2.99 for the first game and $1 more for each additional title.

I think it's reasonable since not many others can match these prices, plus they have been shipping newer titles with free shipping.

I would say it's more economical to buy many titles and not just 1.

My last purchase had 4.

Remember, GoGamer is much smaller than Amazon... can't afford to free ship everything.[/QUOTE]

was going to grab Pop cutie for an easter gift ... 10.99 would been great... almost 15 after shipping not great

It's pretty kick ass that a GoGamer rep posts on here and pays attention to what's going on. I've bought from them quite a few times, but then I'm a PC gamer at heart even though I own consoles too.

$30 for DOW2, I might have to bite!

[quote name='slidecage']was going to grab Pop cutie for an easter gift ... 10.99 would been great... almost 15 after shipping not great[/QUOTE]

Just like I said, it is usually not worth it for just 1 title.

But where else you getting that for

GoGamer has consistently had the best PC game prices I can find in the madness sales. I almost exclusively wait for one of these deals for any major PC title (getting DoW II today--they had it for $37 very shortly after its release but I wasn't willing to shell out yet). Admittedly no console game deals have popped up that I've had to grab, but console games aren't as price-volatile, so that's to be expected.

Keep it up, gentlemen.

[quote name='riddler']mmm although i haven't bought anything from their sales, i think they do seem to have good prices on pc games alot of the time.[/quote]

Yeah, their consle game sales are so-so but their PC game sales are usually amazing. Especially if you are looking for older titles. They are the source of 90% of my insane PC backlog.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']To all those that shop with us and have made comments here thank you for your support. Times are tough in the economy and we're trying to offer the best deals we can for gamers on a budget.

Jason[/quote]
Thanks, Jason.

Personally I love GoGamer's madness sales. Especially when you liquidate older hard-to-find titles.

I wish the shipping for the keyboard didn't cost more than the actual keyboard itself :( ....pretty much puts it at the same price as amazon if you have prime shipping or can add something else to get FSSS

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason[/QUOTE]

I can't complain - Gogamer usually has good deals on PC games, and I've bought a few of the then-latest Guitar Hero titles from them.

I'm appalled at those posters giving gogamer grief, so my .02....

GoGamer has the best PC game sales EVER. Been shopping with you guys a long time, and you always get me with great prices on games I passed up.
Keep em coming and thanks.
I'd definitely bite on dawn of war and fear, but i got em already.
-Mike

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Re: FEAR2, Wanted, and Dawn of War II:

Never, ever, EVER pay full price for PC games at launch.[/quote]
FixT.

Lol @ Wanted though; that's a crazy fast drop for a game.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']We appreciate the support, but let's no get into a flame war. I do listen to the public so if there is a concept of a great deal I always want to know. We are known more for our PC deals, but since last summer we have really stepped up our console game.

Jason[/QUOTE]

The general consensus is that your PC deals are great. I'd have to agree. Kudos for that and please keep up the good work in that area. I prefer console gaming, so thanks also for trying to offer better deals in that area. My personal opinion on a great deal would be titles under $10 that nobody else is currently offering. My last purchase from GoGamer was Blazing Angels 2 for 360 at $10. Not a AAA title, but nobody else was offering that title at that price so I was happy.

I love GoGamer. Even before I finally got my gaming PC, I've been liking the deals they offer and ordered PC games in anticipation for when I get the PC and the several console games they've offered on sale (Eternal Sonata on 360 was a favorite for me).

[quote name='mm07']I'm appalled at those posters giving gogamer grief, so my .02....

GoGamer has the best PC game sales EVER. Been shopping with you guys a long time, and you always get me with great prices on games I passed up.
Keep em coming and thanks.
I'd definitely bite on dawn of war and fear, but i got em already.
-Mike[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with Mike - I have been shopping with GoGamer since 2002 and have spent quite a bit on their madness sales. Sometimes I pass, but most of the time I find something to bite on (last time was Jericho for PC). I am a PC gamer @ heart, and while I still own consoles, I always find myself looking forward to the weekly 48 hours deals. Thanks GoGamer for keeping my PC game backlog consistent - you guys rock!

CAGs sell your consoles and pick up/build a decent gaming PC. There is plenty of room on the bandwagon. I know the initial investment is bigger, but with the savings on games you'll make up the difference IMO. Plus you can upgrade a console's video card at any time with some of the $$$ you've saved by purchasing PC games. Toss in all the additional things a PC can be used for and the fact PC's can be hooked up to most recent HDTVs with relative ease (see monoprice.com for a cheap dvi->HDMI connection). Anyway that DOW for $30 is a steal, since it dropped so fast I'm going to hold out for a Steam Deal, hopefully $20.

I like to add For eveonline players,
If you guys pay by the time card, the go gamer deal saves you 2 Bucks then buying a game time card. This savings includes the shipping cost.

Sure you don't get it right away, but you should be keeping track of your monthly payment any way.

Now is it worth saving $2? that's up to you. But it makes me tempted to buy it for the in game money.

[quote name='52club']CAGs sell your consoles and pick up/build a decent gaming PC. There is plenty of room on the bandwagon.[/quote]

I be more enthusiastic to your advice if your sig didn't point out that you own a PS3, Wii and 360. :lol:

So I almost forgot about this. Saw Bangai-O, went "the hell is this," looked it up...

Treasure made this? Giant robots?
Sold. No questions, Treasure knows how to kill me a couple dozen times in 2 minutes if I'm lucky and I'll like it.

[quote name='salty tbone']I be more enthusiastic to your advice if your sig didn't point out that you own a PS3, Wii and 360. :lol:[/quote]

Good point:applause:. I didn't need to sell my systems to build a couple PCs. If you can afford it, keep your systems, but if I couldn't I would sell my consoles for a PC.

nice if there was a free shipping code :)

man that pop cutie is tempting but spent so much freaking money these last week

zelda for 13
prince of persia for 10
some dino game for 11

Add free shipping to all Madness sale items and I'll start buying titles from you. Yes, it is a dealbreaker for me. Other sites are doing it (Newegg, Amazon over $25, Gamestop over $25, Gameroomdeals) and those sites have been getting my business.

[quote name='Josef']Add free shipping to all Madness sale items and I'll start buying titles from you. Yes, it is a dealbreaker for me. Other sites are doing it (Newegg, Amazon over $25, Gamestop over $25, Gameroomdeals) and those sites have been getting my business.[/QUOTE]

newegg has gotten more business from me in the last 3 days then the last year due to the free shipping and low price games... I need to stop buying LOL

Just picked up ENDWAR For the ds for i think 12 or 13 shipped

I go to GoGamer for my PC purchases. Their selection is unparalleled and new releases are frequently discounted. Who is selling Dawn of War or Total War: Empires for less? Nobody.

The site does not focus on console games, which I understand because it's easy to lose your shirt on console games.

I bought 27 PC games from them last week. Mostly highly rated but little known titles that aren't available elsewhere. Each one was $4 or less. GoGamer does not need to change.

Some people will just never be happy. As soon as free shipping would be offered, the same jokers would demand free 2-day shipping. Then release day shipping. Then they would want refunds on used games. It's best not to sell to people like that because they'll always have complaints that take up hours of time and are impossible to please.

I'll Take the GoGamer Madness as it is. It's cheap and reliable.

[quote name='Josef']Add free shipping to all Madness sale items and I'll start buying titles from you. Yes, it is a dealbreaker for me. Other sites are doing it (Newegg, Amazon over $25, Gamestop over $25, Gameroomdeals) and those sites have been getting my business.[/quote]

Here is the deal guys. NewEgg, Amazon and Gamestop are multi-billion dollar companies and they EAT the shipping because they can. How? They get millions of dollars a year from the publishers in the form of MDF (Marketing Development Funds) which is a further discount on top of the margin they already get. This is part and parcel to how this industry works. We get MDF too, but not as much. So we operate differently, we source product for a low price and we sell it to make money so we can stay in business. Our shipping is neutral, we neither make money nor loose money. If I offer free shipping on a product it is because we can afford it. And for the record, console games have very slim margins and are less volatile than PC games.

You simply cannot compare us to the big guys. If you see something you like, jump on it so we can come back and offer something else good a little later. Support GoGamer so my dog Maverick and I don't go hungry! :lol:

Jason

site looks quite good. saw the ps3 simpsons title for a little under 10 dollars. added to cart and saw the shipping...too used to neweggs free shipping i suppose. im gonna wait a lil while longer cuz the shipping was the deal breaker for me. still, its the best deal. thanks for your efforts go gamer.

[quote name='Josef']Add free shipping to all Madness sale items and I'll start buying titles from you. Yes, it is a dealbreaker for me. Other sites are doing it (Newegg, Amazon over $25, Gamestop over $25, Gameroomdeals) and those sites have been getting my business.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mr_burnzz']site looks quite good. saw the ps3 simpsons title for a little under 10 dollars. added to cart and saw the shipping...too used to neweggs free shipping i suppose. im gonna wait a lil while longer cuz the shipping was the deal breaker for me. still, its the best deal. thanks for your efforts go gamer.[/QUOTE]

wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Here is the deal guys. NewEgg, Amazon and Gamestop are multi-billion dollar companies and they EAT the shipping because they can. How? They get millions of dollars a year from the publishers in the form of MDF (Marketing Development Funds) which is a further discount on top of the margin they already get. This is part and parcel to how this industry works. We get MDF too, but not as much. So we operate differently, we source product for a low price and we sell it to make money so we can stay in business. Our shipping is neutral, we neither make money nor loose money. If I offer free shipping on a product it is because we can afford it. And for the record, console games have very slim margins and are less volatile than PC games.

You simply cannot compare us to the big guys. If you see something you like, jump on it so we can come back and offer something else good a little later. Support GoGamer so my dog Maverick and I don't go hungry! :lol:

Jason[/QUOTE]

how about a new promo... buy a item get a free picture of maverick :)

that pop cutie is still tempting... now only if i had a few more bucks... Yea when you look at it the shipping should not be a big deal...

I also appreciate that you added "Dirt Cheap Shipping" option a while ago..
Its not free, but as Jason explained, he can't simply EAT the cost.
So dirt cheap option is a good compromise and certainly shows he has the customer's interests at heart...
gogamer will remain on my favorites.

Thanks for explaining that, Jason.

It is really unfair that everyone demands free shipping, without really understanding why that isn't always possible.

I love the store, so good luck, and keep up the good work. :)

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Here is the deal guys. NewEgg, Amazon and Gamestop are multi-billion dollar companies and they EAT the shipping because they can. How? They get millions of dollars a year from the publishers in the form of MDF (Marketing Development Funds) which is a further discount on top of the margin they already get. This is part and parcel to how this industry works. We get MDF too, but not as much. So we operate differently, we source product for a low price and we sell it to make money so we can stay in business. Our shipping is neutral, we neither make money nor loose money. If I offer free shipping on a product it is because we can afford it. And for the record, console games have very slim margins and are less volatile than PC games.

Jason[/quote]
A good, legitimate reason for having higher shipping costs still means you have higher shipping costs. I still eagerly open my GoGamer emails every time I get one, but I haven't ordered anything in a while because shipping usually kicks it into being just a bit higher than I would like to pay. Plus, to be honest, seeing it at one price then having shipping kick it up is just psychologically harmful to the odds of me buying.

I know I for one would order from the site more often if instead of paying shipping on a game you're selling for $.99, I got free shipping on games you're selling for $1.99 or $2.99 if the total was above a certain threshold. Hard numbers and fiscal sense aside, I think people in general are just more likely to buy a $10 game than to buy a $5 game with $5 shipping.

::edit::
I guess it would be more accurate to say that adding shipping cost does not DECREASE my odds of buying, but it stays static; eliminating shipping cost is what increases the odds.

[quote name='xycury']wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I guess there's no pleasing me since I'm simply looking out for the best deal to spend my hard earned money on. Actually, if there were no pleasing me then I guess I wouldn't be spending several thousand a year on games :roll:

The bottom line is I'm going to put my money where I can get the best deal on a game. If NewEgg is offering the same game for $10 shipped where GoGamer is offering it for $13 I'm going to go to NewEgg. Shipping often kills the deals for a lot of the console games I'm interested in.

GoGamer appears to have the best deal on Pop Cutie right now at nearly $14 shipped, but that's also a title that I wouldn't spend more than $10 on. If free shipping was offered, It would be highly tempting to pull the trigger on a purchase at $10.49.

It does appear that the PC game deals at GoGamer are great, though I'm not a PC gamer and don't usually take advantage of those deals.

Jason[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information on how that works. It is interesting that a site smaller than you - gameroomdeals.com - can offer free shipping on all console games, and sell just released console games in the $35 - $46 range. And from the sounds of it they're not losing money on it.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']
Here is the deal guys. NewEgg, Amazon and Gamestop are multi-billion dollar companies and they EAT the shipping because they can. How? They get millions of dollars a year from the publishers in the form of MDF (Marketing Development Funds) which is a further discount on top of the margin they already get. This is part and parcel to how this industry works. We get MDF too, but not as much. So we operate differently, we source product for a low price and we sell it to make money so we can stay in business. Our shipping is neutral, we neither make money nor loose money. If I offer free shipping on a product it is because we can afford it. And for the record, console games have very slim margins and are less volatile than PC games.

You simply cannot compare us to the big guys. If you see something you like, jump on it so we can come back and offer something else good a little later.
Support GoGamer so my dog Maverick and I don't go hungry! :lol:

Jason[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up on the explanation Jason - was just about to talk about that. But you did forget that large retailers like Amazon also have such a huge volume of shipments that they actually receive a discount on their shipping from the shipping institutions they are contracted to (ie: UPS and USPS). Check the issue of Business Week about.... 3 weeks ago I believe.

With the frequency of your Madness sales and the fact that the titles are so cheap, have you ever considered going the Amazon Prime route? (ie: pay a yearly fee for free shipping). That way, it removes one less barrier for the purchaser to pick up that $5.00 game that they've been eying for years. If you do implement something like that, can I get 5% of the royalties please for suggesting it? =D

I really like GoGamer. I don't purchase all of my PC games there, but I have purchased several over the years (I just picked-up Wanted yesterday). My only suggestion for GoGamer is that they allow me to track PayPal purchases a little better from their site.

All in all, they are a great resource for discounted PC games. :D

Just as an example, I bought The Movies for $2.00 from GoGamer last week along with some other games.

Should they have had free shipping on a $2.00 game?! Seriously. If people are complaining about deals like that, then maybe they should keep their money for luxuries like Ramen noodles.

I think the problem is pretty clear here. Some people have no business sense and are quite willing to show off their lack of sense as a badge of honor. Let me give you morons a hint: the "free shipping" at Amazon or any other site is not "free." It is built into the price of the product.

And no one is telling you that you must buy from GoGamer if their prices are higher. I'm just saying that demanding "free shipping" is stupid when there is clearly a definite cost for shipping that YOU are paying for, regardless of where you buy anything.

F#$@!

[quote name='nikkai']Thumbs up on the explanation Jason - was just about to talk about that. But you did forget that large retailers like Amazon also have such a huge volume of shipments that they actually receive a discount on their shipping from the shipping institutions they are contracted to (ie: UPS and USPS). Check the issue of Business Week about.... 3 weeks ago I believe.[/quote]

Exactly what I wanted to add. Amazon has such huge volume of shipments that UPS only charges them pennies above the actual cost to UPS of shipping. Thus it is very easy for amazon to offer free shipping. Where as most small operations receive little to no discount and have to charge or make no profit.

[quote name='brutus']Let me give you morons a hint: the "free shipping" at Amazon or any other site is not "free." It is built into the price of the product.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I meant to point this out as well.

NOTHING is ever free. Costs are always built-in.

[quote name='Monroeski']A good, legitimate reason for having higher shipping costs still means you have higher shipping costs. I still eagerly open my GoGamer emails every time I get one, but I haven't ordered anything in a while because shipping usually kicks it into being just a bit higher than I would like to pay. Plus, to be honest, seeing it at one price then having shipping kick it up is just psychologically harmful to the odds of me buying.

I know I for one would order from the site more often if instead of paying shipping on a game you're selling for $.99, I got free shipping on games you're selling for $1.99 or $2.99 if the total was above a certain threshold. Hard numbers and fiscal sense aside, I think people in general are just more likely to buy a $10 game than to buy a $5 game with $5 shipping.

::edit::
I guess it would be more accurate to say that adding shipping cost does not DECREASE my odds of buying, but it stays static; eliminating shipping cost is what increases the odds.[/QUOTE]

Free is a powerful word in business, even if the price is the same in the end. It's understandable to compare the final price, but some people are just irrationaly insistent on seeing the words free shipping regardless of the final price. Besides the sites like Amazon that offer free shipping because they have lower shipping costs many of the smaller sites that offer free shipping just build the shipping into the final price.

I find the dirt cheap shipping option to be pretty reasonable, especially when I'm using it to buy games for less than $5 sometimes.

[quote name='xycury']wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.[/quote]

A good comparison to this would be GameDealDaily. It seems like AT LEAST once a week or so he has to deal with complaints from people over shipping charges. Several people made a similar comment that buying a $5 game with $5 shipping is absurd , but if it was a $10 game with free shipping they would have bit on it (price given is just an example). This does show though that its often all about perception.

To make a suggestion (no idea if this would be do-able or not since I don't run a business like this of course) is on games that your going to offer for really cheap prices (> $5 perhaps) is that instead of offering it for such and such a price + shipping , just offer it for more with free shipping ($2 game with $4 shipping becomes $6 with free shipping). Or maybe offer the really cheap games at that price with a certain purchase amount ($5 game becomes $1 if you order $x.xx worth of stuff).

Personally though , the shipping thing doesn't really bother me all that much. I just take it into account when I see the deals. The only reason I don't buy more games from GoGamer is because I'm not as much of a PC gamer. I do appreciate the effort though.

bread's done
Back