GoGamer10.com Launches - $10 and under games only

Mike@Gogamer

Official Representative
Hello CAGs,

I am pleased to announce that GoGamer just launched today a new site featuring video games, guides, downloads, etc. for $10 or less.

http://gogamer10.com/

GG10 is right out of Beta and fully functional, so please check it out, place your orders, and give us your feedback on this thread.

Thanks, and happy hunting.

-Mike

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']At first when I clicked the site I thought I was at Gamestop.com. Anyways, a $10 site is nice, but the shipping always stops me from actually buying anything from GoGamer.

This also is an advertisement for the site, not an actual deal and you seem to be ignoring any comments stating that, so I'm going to assume this comment will be ignored as well.

I don't want to base my opinion on GoGamer on just you, even though you are the rep and should be making a good impression, but this comment was really not cool:

I don't mind jokes, and I didn't think the comments you made before were all that bad, but if I ever heard an employee of any store use the word retarded like that, I would not think very highly of them. If that's what you say outside of work, that's your business, but you're trying to represent a company and this is your job, you really should think about what you say and how people can get offended by it, joking or not, it's unprofessional.

I don't plan on viewing anymore of your threads even if they are actually deals, or look for a response to this post, but maybe if enough people give you their honest opinions about the site you're representing and how treating potential customers with professionalism is a good idea, you'll think twice.

I feel if a person from a store can't give me the respect to act in a professional manner, why should I give them my business?[/QUOTE]

Hahah, holy shit, I didn't know CAG members were so P.C. Maybe you should look the word "retarded" up and see how the way he used it is perfectly fine. Next, you're gonna get mad at me for using colored pencils because it has the word colored in it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahah, holy shit, I didn't know CAG members were so P.C. Maybe you should look the word "retarded" up and see how the way he used it is perfectly fine. Next, you're gonna get mad at me for using colored pencils because it has the word colored in it.[/QUOTE]

I perfectly agree with "I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK"

It's almost as if the Rep is an immature teenager.

Checked it out.

1. Load times are slow. I know it's not my connection (40Mbps campus connection).
2. I can't get to my cart. This site is out of Beta and fully operational? You say yourself we should go and place our orders- but I can't.
3. The rainbow coloring is both nice and bad. It looks childish to me, but makes navigating somewhat easier.

I like the concept and everything, but I have to disagree that the site is out of beta and fully operational. It's slow to load, and I can't get to my cart.

The rep told a joke and a good one lol. Learn to take a friendly joke rather than have your panties up your @sses. Calling him an immature teen, when half of the posts here are 10x worse by posters who have a history of whines/insults/sarcasm is pretty sad.

On the layout side of things, I like the navigation much better than before. I'm not having an issue with load times, but maybe it just had more traffic earlier or was still being settled in?

I do agree with the comma suggestion in the Play more, Pay less as it does have the tendancy to blend.

As far as I'm concerned this is just a bunch of trash games. I understand that for under $10 you can't get much...but seriously I would rather burn these games than stick them in my 360. Eat Lead, Chronicles of Narnia, Bionic Commando, Ridge Racer 6, Two Worlds...? I wouldn't pay more than $5 for any of those and yet most are marked over $7. Where's my flamethrower?

Like the site, it's cramped but it's not flooded with ads so it's good.

Site loads fine, it's just alot of images that may take time. People need to stop complaining and compare it to even more awful websites like Sears.com.

I will definately look some more later. Shipping is normal and fair.

People complaining about the jokes or professionalism really have too much to complain about and should be ignored so far.

Edit: Ok, the home page is wack. Other than that, every other page is fine. Fix the home page, please.

[quote name='ATHF']I like the idea but not many PS3 games right now..[/QUOTE]
PS3 games are usually hard to find below 10.
=/

also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.

oh boy...
You said there was going to be Diablo op.
Where is my Diablo? i dont see Diablo. you promised me Diablo.

Wow, lots of unwarranted hate in this thread. I admit that whenever I come into a GG threads there's little likelihood of finding a deal on a game I'm looking for, but that's no reason to jump on their case.

Doh it's not free shipping... it's free upgrade to priority

Last edited by a moderator:
Needs more PS3 love. Great idea, I will check it out again, as long as shipping doesnt kill the deal I will buy from GoGamer again.

I'm not easily offended, and enjoy some harmless banter, and see no problem with the rep's attempt at humor. It's not a big deal - stop being so sensitive.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']At first when I clicked the site I thought I was at Gamestop.com. Anyways, a $10 site is nice, but the shipping always stops me from actually buying anything from GoGamer.

This also is an advertisement for the site, not an actual deal and you seem to be ignoring any comments stating that, so I'm going to assume this comment will be ignored as well.

I don't want to base my opinion on GoGamer on just you, even though you are the rep and should be making a good impression, but this comment was really not cool:

I don't mind jokes, and I didn't think the comments you made before were all that bad, but if I ever heard an employee of any store use the word retarded like that, I would not think very highly of them. If that's what you say outside of work, that's your business, but you're trying to represent a company and this is your job, you really should think about what you say and how people can get offended by it, joking or not, it's unprofessional.

I don't plan on viewing anymore of your threads even if they are actually deals, or look for a response to this post, but maybe if enough people give you their honest opinions about the site you're representing and how treating potential customers with professionalism is a good idea, you'll think twice.

I feel if a person from a store can't give me the respect to act in a professional manner, why should I give them my business?[/QUOTE]
So you're complaining about his use of the word retarded while your gamertag is JewbaccaLoL. I'm sure Mike will take your comments into careful consideration.

Also, unprofessional? Fair enough. I guess you don't shop at Amazon, or wont after you deal with their online CS. Or buy from Gamestop because of this extaordinary FAQ (read the answers).

Seriously if you have a problem with gogamer then just state it instead of jumping on mike for such ridiculous things. I would think Mike was up for election for POTUS if I didn't know any better.

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Anyone? "How do you like the new site?" with no deals. We'd flame a newb for doing this, or we'd alert the mods because of a spammer, but apparently GoGamer is a subsidiary of CAG now so its cool?

[quote name='kodave']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Anyone? "How do you like the new site?" with no deals. We'd flame a newb for doing this, or we'd alert the mods because of a spammer, but apparently GoGamer is a subsidiary of CAG now so its cool?
[/QUOTE]
Now there's a valid complaint.

[quote name='kodave']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it makes perfect sense for us to harass a vendor trying to cater to CAGs and alike. :roll:

Wow. I'm underwhelmed, moreso than usual with GG. Three games listed on the PS3 page and all of them I've bought cheaper elsewhere and the guides are all downloadable versions but they still want almost $10 for them?

No thanks. Decent design on the site imo though, but definitely no deals there for me.

I don't really like GoGamer, but what the fuck with everyone getting worked up over a joke? I genuinely think some of you are retarded.

[quote name='kodave']Anyone? "How do you like the new site?" with no deals. We'd flame a newb for doing this, or we'd alert the mods because of a spammer, but apparently GoGamer is a subsidiary of CAG now so its cool?[/QUOTE]
There are several deals on the side of the page and the site itself is very relevant.

[quote name='opportunity777']Yes, it makes perfect sense for us to harass a vendor trying to cater to CAGs and alike. :roll:[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is there are no real deals to be had at the moment on this website (even with its sidebar of "deals), so why is it in the deals section, especially when it doesn't conform to the main rule of this section up in the top at red? My guess is it appears GoGamer has a good relationship with CheapyD so they get around the rules.

There is this forum for questions and this forum for shopping discussion, both of which would be more appropriate than this forum for this type of thread. If this new GoGamer10 site has deals in the future, then maybe its own dedicated thread would even be appropriate seeing what Game Deal Daily gets away with here. But as of right now? Nothing worth mentioning as most everything is on Amazon or Newegg at just about the same prices.

If I opened my own legit website selling $10 or less games - which don't consist of any real deals as of yet - and I posted in this forum asking for comments on the website's functionality rather than a deal - I'd get flamed out of here fast.

Yeah, it's against thread rules, but I think you have to give a little bit of slack when it's a company genuinely trying to improve their business rather than some person who just joined the site asking if we know where they can find a cheap ps3.

To me, GoGamer's recent efforts mirror the kind of thing that KMart has been attempting, and while GoGamer, as a smaller site, can't compete with the crazy deals SHC_Gamer is throwing us, I think it's admirable that they want to have a legitimate presence with the community.

And I think Mike's joke was funny. I understand the concern with unprofessionalism in regard to his flippant use of the word retarded, but really... Worth not buying from GoGamer for? Just admit you're pissed they won't give you free shipping. You weren't going to buy from them anyway.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Also, unprofessional? Fair enough. I guess you don't shop at Amazon, or wont after you deal with their online CS. Or buy from Gamestop because of this extaordinary FAQ (read the answers).
[/QUOTE]

Can I have multiple membership cards?

Only if you’ve been clinically diagnosed with multiple personalities. And each personality has its own email address.
hahahaha

You sound like a 75 year-old grandma.

God people, lighten the hell up.

This is my favorite thread on CAG right now.

I haven't actually visited the site, but this is the first drama I've had all day. A bit weak in the beginning, but everyone started to really hit their stride in the second performance. I'm looking forwards to the encore.

I personally have bought many games from gogamers main site and like the layout and idea of this site. Also I'd like to say I've never seen such a whiny thread on Cag before. I'll be checking this site out for black friday deals.

Wanted to check shipping by buying NBA Jam for the PC, it locked up like others said. I thought it was functioning, is anyone even able to view the cart at all?

Also, epic hilarity on like 10 posts here.
[quote name='Fire_Thief']It's got some straight garbage on that bitch.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Shut up, whitey.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.
And yet, it would appear that you are.
This thread is off to a fantastic start.
I actually laughed out loud. Definitive.

[quote name='kodave']All I'm saying is there are no real deals to be had at the moment on this website (even with its sidebar of "deals), so why is it in the deals section, especially when it doesn't conform to the main rule of this section up in the top at red?

[/QUOTE]

I would say that Day of the Tentacle on Mac for .90 is a great deal on the sidebar.

The amount of straight bitchiness from some of the posters to the TC reminds me of my girlfriend watching The Bad Girl's Club on Oxygen...you guys are pitiful. :roll:

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']Most our customers can read, so I'm not worried, but thank you!

JK, of course. Anyone else having this reaction?[/QUOTE]

Lol well, nice to see other CAG's sticking up for me but its alright. I didn't take offense to this joke, even if it wasn't worded to best.

"Most of our customers can read, so I'm not worried about that lol, but thanks, :)" probably would of been better as the JK was on the second line.

But here I am again, correcting GoGamer XD lol ... JKing of course :)

Ive always loved GoGamer, so this is pretty sweet. Unfortunately the games listed right now are always 10 or below. But still awesome idea and i will continue to follow it!

[quote name='DeathDream']Lol well, nice to see other CAG's sticking up for me but its alright. I didn't take offense to this joke, even if it wasn't worded to best.

"Most of our customers can read, so I'm not worried about that lol, but thanks, :)" probably would of been better as the JK was on the second line.

But here I am again, correcting GoGamer XD lol ... JKing of course :)[/QUOTE]

I could have been more cagey with my humor, and you have my sincere apology. As for the original comment, it was taken seriously and there will be a comma inserted.

To everyone else -

I will not be offended if the thread is moved. In fact, it will help me remember where to post things. Rules are rules.

The IT Manager and I just spoke 30 min ago about your feedback. Thanks for your input. You will see much of it taking effect, I'm sure.

The site is clearly running very slowly and the shopping cart is seriously malfunctioning. We're going to crank up the bandwidth, but we're still trying to figure out what's wrong with the cart, since it works for all of us here. Anyone with the time of day, please PM me with details about your dysfunctional shopping carts; e.g., browser (+version).

This thread is purely meant to garner feedback on GG10 before the official launch. The explicit statement already made implies as an obvious corollary that this is not an advertisement. We have an ad network at our disposal for that, so there's no need.

Thanks, everyone, for your help. I appreciate your patience as we take GG10 from concept to reality. :D

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']I could have been more cagey with my humor, and you have my sincere apology. As for the original comment, it was taken seriously and there will be a comma inserted.

To everyone else -

I will not be offended if the thread is moved. In fact, it will help me remember where to post things. Rules are rules.

The IT Manager and I just spoke 30 min ago about your feedback. Thanks for your input. You will see much of it taking effect, I'm sure.

The site is clearly running very slowly and the shopping cart is seriously malfunctioning. We're going to crank up the bandwidth, but we're still trying to figure out what's wrong with the cart, since it works for all of us here. Anyone with the time of day, please PM me with details about your dysfunctional shopping carts; e.g., browser (+version).

This thread is purely meant to garner feedback on GG10 before the official launch. The explicit statement already made implies as an obvious corollary that this is not an advertisement. We have an ad network at our disposal for that, so there's no need.

Thanks, everyone, for your help. I appreciate your patience as we take GG10 from concept to reality. :D[/QUOTE]

Errr didn't you say in the very first post that the site is "out of beta" and has launched? Why are you trying to say that the site is now a concept? And why are you saying that this thread was purely meant for feedback...when you said the site was ready to go?

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']Errr didn't you say in the very first post that the site is "out of beta" and has launched? Why are you trying to say that the site is now a concept? And why are you saying that this thread was purely meant for feedback...when you said the site was ready to go?[/QUOTE]

It's called a soft launch.

Yes, it was just out of beta, but had more bugs than we expected.

Referred to it as a concept because it is not yet what we invision.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']Errr didn't you say in the very first post that the site is "out of beta" and has launched? Why are you trying to say that the site is now a concept? And why are you saying that this thread was purely meant for feedback...when you said the site was ready to go?[/QUOTE]

What's with the d*ckery, CAG??? Give Mike a break!

He comes on here to launch a new site, get some feedback, and a bunch of you guys start harassing him about advertising lingo and official backstory! Way to make us all look like anal douchebags! :roll:

All that aside, I LOVE the idea of a

[quote name='DeathDream']even if it wasn't worded to best. [/QUOTE]

To be fair, I got to correct my self here. "wasn't worded the best" :)

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']I could have been more cagey with my humor, and you have my sincere apology. As for the original comment, it was taken seriously and there will be a comma inserted.[/quote]

Thanks, but really, I didn't take offense to it. So its all cool.

[quote name='vlv723']Hoping some mod cleans up this thread. (And the tags)[/QUOTE]

THIS!

Ill be keeping on eye on it when i start browsing when all the bugs are kinked out.

Thanks for posting Mike and cant wait to see it all finished.

So, I was able to get to the checkout page...
...my cart was around $16.00, with three items total...but with shipping, it was increased to more than $31.00 total.

Must be a bug, charging that much for shipping. ;)

It was a great concept, until you charged about $6 for shipping per item. FedEx is so expensive. If you offered USPS first-class or parcel, it would be a lot cheaper. The sad thing is, this site is still going to get business, despite the ridiculous shipping charges.

bread's done
Back