goHastings B2G1 Used Games/DVD/CDs

[quote name='pcktlnt']Do they still charge shipping?[/QUOTE]

yeah shipping is still charge...this would be an awesome deal if shipping wasn't so high...

I'd probably spend some money on this if they have some kind of "buy this type of item and get free shipping" type deal again.

[quote name='Sinistar']lol why does it say "excludes previously viewed games"? I'm guessing any PS3 game would work?

[/QUOTE]

Previously viewed = former rentals. Used = trade-ins.

Good deal...but just be weary of gohastings. Not saying they are scamming you out right, but their shipping and inventory upkeep is questionable.

[quote name='dejeckt']Good deal...but just be weary of gohastings. Not saying they are scamming you out right, but their shipping and inventory upkeep is questionable.[/QUOTE]

You're not telling us Gohasting vets anything we don't already know.

But overall the deals and sales they have out weigh the occasional hassle that goes along with dealing with them. **shrugs** just like any other retailer, as far as I see it.

For me the good outweighs the bad with Hastings. ;)

Edit: Saw your issue in the other thread. Here's a quick rundown of their screw ups for me (good and bad)

Ordered Super Paper Mario got New Super Mario Bros instead (I came out here)

Ordered Eye of Judgment Bundle got Eye of Judgment game only (sent it back, since CS assured me I'd get the bundle)

And I think there was one more, but still 2 orders out of like 30 in the past year and those were the only screw ups, and I had no issues with sending anything back. I understand your concern, but you seem to be sending up alarms instead of having patience and waiting for things and their CS to sort things out....

So my advice have patience, ask them for a prepaid label and send the darn thing back to get your money back, a little hassle, yes? But then the matter is taken care of.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uncle5555']You're not telling us Gohasting vets anything we don't already know.

But overall the deals and sales they have out weigh the occasional hassle that goes along with dealing with them..... [/QUOTE]

I guess I was over exaggerating. First impression is everything, the first order ever with goHastings turns out bad (compared many other online retailers this is the first time where a screw up happened... I guess I lucked out). Plus the shipment had come during the weekend where I really can't do anything about it till Monday (which means it will just be on the back of my mind for the duration of the weekend).
This is still a great deal, just wished my first order with goHastings went smoothly.
Other then that Happy Halloween.

My order of 20 various DVDs/BDs on Tuesday all arrived yesterday and the day before (comically separate, each in their own bubble mailer: 16 packages waiting for me when I got home yesterday). Of all the items ordered, everything was perfect and in great to mint shape except for the Previously Viewed Avatar Blu.

I knew it was a gamble going PV instead of used, but the listing is clearly spelled out "2 discs blu-ray/dvd". What I received was a rental-exclusive single-disc blu-ray only (no DVD). I was going to contact them about it, but figured for

[quote name='Sinistar']Oh OK.. ive never ordered from them before. How do you tell if its pre owned or rental?[/QUOTE]

When you got to the item page, you'll see a list of versions (regular, special edition, etc.), systems (PS3, 360, PC, etc.) and conditions (new, used, previously viewed) right under the picture of the item.

They list every version of a game in one listing.. so make sure you pick the right system/condition.

I was hoping to get some older PS3 games but the ones I want are OOS except for Stranglehold.

holy cow, everyone has b2g1 fever ;)
yeah half my orders were canceled last time cuz they were out of stock... they gotta keep their inventory systems updated so people don't make orders and then get things canceled for no reason other than they sold out...online?.... ugh

[quote name='Velo214']holy cow, everyone has b2g1 fever ;)
yeah half my orders were canceled last time cuz they were out of stock... they gotta keep their inventory systems updated so people don't make orders and then get things canceled for no reason other than they sold out...online?.... ugh[/QUOTE]

I've never had any of my B2G1F sales canceled so how does that work? Do they just cancel the entire order or do they only cancel what they can't ship?

I put in some risky orders so I'm guessing mine will be canceled come Monday.:whistle2:|

[quote name='trailmix10']:cry: Not showing up for me i typed in the code too[/QUOTE]
It must be capitalized, MM123 not mm123.

It works just fine on my end. I'm still debating the same 3 items I've been debating for months.

It worked for me...I FINALLY pulled the trigger on Guitar Hero 5 PS3, along with Ninja Blade and Saints Row 2 PS3 for $31. I just moved to Illinois, nice to be in a state where Hastings evidently doesn't charge sales tax.

Might go back for Singularity, Metro 2033 and ???

Can't get it to work. Capitalized MM123, in my cart all 3 games say USED - xxxxxx. What's wrong?

Gah nevermind, one of the games required me to check a little "over 17" box. Working now.

[quote name='Sinistar']Do the used games come with cases & manuals?[/QUOTE]

Every game or movie I've ordered from them has always come complete with everything

[quote name='Sinistar']Do the used games come with cases & manuals?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it varies. I ordered from them a week or two ago during the 25% off used games deal and all of mine came with the case, manual, etc while others that ordered from them had stuff missing.

So to answer your question, expect to get cases and manuals most the time.

[quote name='uncle5555']You're not telling us Gohasting vets anything we don't already know.

But overall the deals and sales they have out weigh the occasional hassle that goes along with dealing with them. **shrugs** just like any other retailer, as far as I see it.

Edit: Saw your issue in the other thread. Here's a quick rundown of their screw ups for me (good and bad)

Ordered Eye of Judgment Bundle got Eye of Judgment game only (sent it back, since CS assured me I'd get the bundle)

And I think there was one more, but still 2 orders out of like 30 in the past year and those were the only screw ups, and I had no issues with sending anything back. I understand your concern, but you seem to be sending up alarms instead of having patience and waiting for things and their CS to sort things out....

So my advice have patience, ask them for a prepaid label and send the darn thing back to get your money back, a little hassle, yes? But then the matter is taken care of.[/QUOTE]

I think he was aiming things mostly to the new people reading the thread. My first order they burned me I am over it, the big thing I would be careful about them with is their sales items they like to bait and switch by overselling sales items then cancelling and jacking up the price when they return to stock. You receive the other items you bought just for the shipping or price break but not the main thing you wanted. Never tried the B2G1 or other used offers but would rather stick to the other retailers out there personally.

So my advice have patience, ask them for a prepaid label and send the darn thing back to get your money back, a little hassle, yes? But then the matter is taken care of.[/QUOTE]

I ordered around 100 items from them they are far worse then he says. They sometimes do not refund you and say they will do it when you call but never follow through. You have to end up calling the bank to fix what they should have. Then they tend to cancel the $1 game and ship the others saying the one for $1 is not in stock which it is when you order it by itself to test there lies. They send a wrong no problem! NOT! They say there is no proof they sent halo 3 instead of halo reach and will not take the return. They have done so many random things to me i only order when i need a wake up call again. There CS lies out of there teeth and one of there reps even admitted to it and laughed and hung up on me.

They do got good deals but the evilness of this company makes me think over and over if i really should hit submit. They tend to not send the $1 one a good amount of the time and will not wait for it to come back in stock. I had it done a bunch of times and wow i got refunded for $1. The point of ordering is the $1 priced item... If you want lies and luck of the draw go for it. It is like going to a garage sale and buying a grab bag. You either hit a sweet deal or spend a week or a month trying to get a problem fixed. Then you just end up calling the bank to fix it.

This store took the #1 spot on worst list taking over GS online store.

I've ordered about a dozen times with them, and had one order that they couldn't complete in a B2G1 because one item was out of stock. So, they mailed me a gift card for a future purchase worth the price after shipping of the 3rd game. They're my favorite place for buying used games.

I really dont like their shipping costs. Shipping for 6 games to me would only be like 7 but it kinda makes the prices not soo great!

Dragons Age, The Saboteur, Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Mercenaries 2, and Rock Band 2 for 58 shipped...great price but still not ready to commit

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I ordered around 100 items from them they are far worse then he says. They sometimes do not refund you and say they will do it when you call but never follow through. You have to end up calling the bank to fix what they should have. Then they tend to cancel the $1 game and ship the others saying the one for $1 is not in stock which it is when you order it by itself to test there lies. They send a wrong no problem! NOT! They say there is no proof they sent halo 3 instead of halo reach and will not take the return. They have done so many random things to me i only order when i need a wake up call again. There CS lies out of there teeth and one of there reps even admitted to it and laughed and hung up on me.

They do got good deals but the evilness of this company makes me think over and over if i really should hit submit. They tend to not send the $1 one a good amount of the time and will not wait for it to come back in stock. I had it done a bunch of times and wow i got refunded for $1. The point of ordering is the $1 priced item... If you want lies and luck of the draw go for it. It is like going to a garage sale and buying a grab bag. You either hit a sweet deal or spend a week or a month trying to get a problem fixed. Then you just end up calling the bank to fix it.

This store took the #1 spot on worst list taking over GS online store.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. I know i've ordered over 100 games from them too. My experiences...

Three games were the wrong item. I got to keep one, sent the other two. Got a gift card for the first, currently waiting on an answer for this next one.

Always received complete games. Most of them look very good for being used games. A lot have come with pack-in codes (DLC, Squeenix codes), and that's always a nice bonus.

Any call to customer service always leaves me with an answer I want. I've had to be demanding, since sometimes when you tell them something they're like 'Uh... So?' Only the first time did I have an awesome, three second experience that left me completely satisfied.

There's only been one time when they didn't send me my $1 item. I called them up and said 'Dude, this isn't going to happen. Either you do something or i'll just return the games.' I was given a gift card for that situation as well. I must be as lucky as half of the people that report in these threads. The other half are major complaints, which I don't find surprising.

I have had a great experience w/goHastings, everything has been complete, only 1 case has come gunked up with sticker residue (not their fault).

Checked the site again this morning, I was interested in picking some more stuff up. They changed the availability around a lot overnight. Yesterday it was any used games, now they have a selection you have to choose from. Besides them raising prices, they also seem to cap any games you want; add something to the cart and it tells you they only have 1 in stock. I tried this on numerous games and everytime it told me they only have 1 so choose something else. It looks like they built something to stop hoarding :wall:

Very frustrating goHastings. The B2G1 deal used to be sweet, now there are so many stipulations to it.

Yeah, it looks like there's a cap for now on the number of new releases PER ORDER. But it's still not too bad ... I spent $92 on Enslaved, Castlevania, and Fable 3 and can currently get around $112 in amazon credit. ($42 for Castlevania, $39 for Enslaved, and Fable is currently $32, but I'm sure it will go up to $35-$40). So, I'll play the games real quick and make some money in amazon credit ... $20-30 bucks "profit." If one of these comes w/out a manual, I'll trade it on goozex.

Yeah I was gonna order from these guys today, don't know whats up.. One of the games I wanted was Rpala Pro Bass Fishing (game only), so the "browse thumbnail page" shows
Used $26.21, so I click the quick view, it shows Used $35.99.. AND it's Out of Stock? What's with the discrepancy between the pricing on the two pages?
And I'm guessing since it's OOS the B2G1 deal won't apply.. Oh well

[quote name='Sinistar']Yeah I was gonna order from these guys today, don't know whats up.. One of the games I wanted was Rpala Pro Bass Fishing (game only), so the "browse thumbnail page" shows
Used $26.21, so I click the quick view, it shows Used $35.99.. AND it's Out of Stock? What's with the discrepancy between the pricing on the two pages?
And I'm guessing since it's OOS the B2G1 deal won't apply.. Oh well[/QUOTE]

Yes, this crap murders my brain all the damn time with this site, it's like it has no webmaster and everything is running off a Tandy Computer that is set to randomly generate site info, it's a pretty terrible set up.

[quote name='Sinistar']Yeah I was gonna order from these guys today, don't know whats up.. One of the games I wanted was Rpala Pro Bass Fishing (game only), so the "browse thumbnail page" shows

Are you sure they were both for the same system?

Quick View doesn't explain much of anything. The price it showed on the page you was its "lowest" price for current gen systems, $26.21 being the PS3 version. The price for the Wii is actually $35.99, which is a pretty normal price for something OOS (Since prices go up and down based on 'stock.'), which is something you'd only know if you clicked on the item itself and not the Quick View. Not the most user friendly site, but at least it's explainable.

put in an order on monday (mid day) at 2am on tuesday got an email confirmation that ALL of my games had shipped.

its now thursday and all three of my games have arrived

all games have a manual, original cover art and the disks were in near perfect condition (not even a smudge). assassin's creed II was rattling around in its case, but thats probably the post office's fault.

ive heard horror stories on this board about gohastings, but all my orders with them have been amazing

anyone wanna know how BIG of an idiot i am? I accidently put the first line of my address in the company name section and did not notice till my first two games shipped.

So now i have to wait about 2 weeks for GH to get them back and reship them to me :(

Has anyone had any problems ordering used music CD's with special boxes(or even ones without) from GH? This sale is really tempting, but I don't want to buy a multi-disc special edition album thinking it comes with the box and book, only to have the discs arrive in paper sleeves.

bread's done
Back