goHastings Buy 2 Used Games Get 1 for $1

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Previously viewed is the one that usually comes with manual and case, right?

EDIT: Used is better according to post #20 in the 10% off thread, as far as "complete" games go.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='youenvy']this also works for tv seriesn anime-box sets wich almost never happens-

just picked up some up-b2g1 free-wich was pretty cool-[/QUOTE]

Thanks I just checked and it does work on used DVDs and CDs too...even books. Cool. Looks like Blu Ray movies are excluded.

Funny how they didn't have Overlord 2 included in the promo for some reason. Kept trying to add both pre-viewed copy and used one, but still no $1 promo. Kinda too lazy to call Customer Service or Email them right now.

Edit: I Also noticed how they changed their shipping pricing policy probably because of the last B2G1. lol. It's such a total price killer. Good thing there's that coupon, only if your buying things $50+ though

[quote name='MoggSquad']God of War III, Heavy Rain and FF XIII = $112, can't quite pull the trigger on this just yet. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, wanted the same combo, but the price is still too high for me.

[quote name='nbalive2005']Im in such a quandary

I have a massive backlog but Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Demon Souls, all 3 AAA titles for just a paltry 70 dollars?

[/QUOTE]

How are you getting these three particular games for $70? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Demon's Souls $37.97
Uncharted 2 $31.34 (discounted to $1)
Heavy Rain $41.33

subtotal of $80.30 - Standard mail at $6.84 minus the $6 DEALPRO coupon leaves me at $81.14 plus tax.

the site has some good prices but even with the dealpro coupon the value is really offset by the outrageous prices for shipping. i had 3 games in my cart for a total of 19.96 but when they added the shipping the price ballons up to $ 30..... these shipping prices remind of the people on ebay who jack up the shipping costs to pad their wallet thats why they can afford to sell at such a low price. but seriously look at your reciept for what you pay for shipping and the look at the package when it arrives the shipping prices will be in the upper right corner next to the postmark usually and the price they shipped it for and the price that you paid for shipping will be way off i guarentee it

Thanks OP. Picked up Uncharted 2, AC2 and L4D2. Once again, my wallet hates me...but less than normal since these games for ~$60 isn't too bad at all.

The prices aren't really outrageous. The problem is that each item comes individually, so paying $2.xx shipping per item when it comes from a different store isn't going to raise their profits much, if not the opposite. It's nothing like eBay shipping charge padding.

Also, last time I ordered 3 blu-rays from them during a similar promo, and one of them got cancelled. I contacted them, and they refunded money for one blu-ray, making the 2 I got B1G1. They do have pretty good customer service.

So yes, shipping kills it on some stuff, but it's really not them being evil; it's just their system is set up to not use a warehouse.

(And I spent $160 total on 12 games again, sigh)

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, wanted the same combo, but the price is still too high for me.[/QUOTE]

The same combo (GW3, HRain, FFXIII) is on Ebay for ~ $125 if bought separately. In that case I'm better off buying 1 at a time.

Just picked up Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate, and Final Fantasy XIII for $102. 3 people are going in on it so we all got our games for less than $35. ;D

i ordered dj hero renegade edition for the wii from go hastings this tuesday-for $54-used

thing is im not sure it has shipped yet-says its in progress same as n order on dvd i finished placing.

so i was wondering if there is any way i can take advantage of the b2g1 free-do i try n cancel my order-return the item when it gets here if it already shipped--or will they understand if i call them n ask if some how i can use my prior purchase n get the b2 g1 free--

any one have any good ideas-

[quote name='xHOJUx']I think Galaxy is a much better game the NSMB.[/QUOTE]By far. I have a lot of game I love on the Wii, but it's the only one that makes the console worth ever single penny.

Anyway, looking through the list right now and I'm not really seeing anything that peaks my interest that I don't already have. Might just pass on this one. Thanks OP.

There goes my money!

Picked up:

New Super Mario Bros. (wii)
Just Cause 2 (ps3)
Heavy Rainn
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Uncharted 2
Darksiders (ps3)
Total: $150

Anime boxsets b2g1too? Now that's really cool. I always have meant to stop *ahem* downloading, but I guess that'll have to wait because I'm literally out of cash. When gohastings does a b2g1, does it usually include most used product like this sale or only games?

Excellent, especially with the DEALPRO coupon for $6.00 off. Eliminates the cost of shipping.

Bayonetta (360)
Dragon Age: Awakenings (360) (could never get that EA coupon to work!)
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

$58.79 shipped for all three!

Wait, does the order have to be over $50 to get the third game for $1.

Right now I have Bully: Scholarship edition (360) $9.67, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS) 11.33 and Folklore (PS3) $14.58 and I'm still asked to pay full for everything. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does the order have to be over a certain amount?

You might have added a regular version instead of the used. The over 50 deal is for the extra coupon to get $6 off. Make sure they're all used or pre-viewed.

[quote name='Vortextk']You might have added a regular version instead of the used. The over 50 deal is for the extra coupon to get $6 off. Make sure they're all used or pre-viewed.[/QUOTE]Nah, that's what I originally thought, but all of them are showing as used...

Thanks for the tip! Love me some CAG!!
Picked up the following for $128
Dragon Age (360)
Gears 2 GOTY
Skate 2 (360)
Banj & Kaz Nuts/Bolts
Lego Batman (ps3)
Tomb Raider Underworld (360)
MLB Powerpros (wii)
Zack & Wiki
GOW Chains

Yes Yes Y'all.

Ehh, forget this. Can't seem to get the third order for a $1 and I'm not really to keen on the idea of paying over $30 right now on new games with my backlog being a mile long and all.

Edit: Ahh, I see... only a select few are eligible for the deal...

MAG, Demons Souls, and Dragon Age/Heavy Rain for less than $70 shipped and no tax. Dang! Should I buy it or not!? >.< I just bought lots of games from the Gamestop gamedays sale so Ive got four brand new games I havent even touched. I wouldve bought these in a heart beat if it was offered last month but now im kinda second guessing. Furthermore, i have like $200 in gamestop credit so it doesnt sit well with me to purchase games with cash right now.

Darn it waddya guys think? I prolly wont be able to play those games till the summer anyways. So should i just sit out this deal? I mean, do u guys think these games will retain most of their values. I really am wishing for a GS B2G1 promo but it doesnt seem like itll come any time soon.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Darn it >.

[quote name='ryushe']Ehh, forget this. Can't seem to get the third order for a $1 and I'm not really to keen on the idea of paying over $30 right now on new games with my backlog being a mile long and all.

Edit: Ahh, I see... only a select few are eligible for the deal...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say "a select few" are eligible for the deal as the vast majority of games seems to be eligible, including pretty much all of the big new releases.

GD. I would've loved to expand my backlog, but between the BBV B1G1 and a local Movie Gallery closing, I have zero extra spending cash. Oh well, next time. Congrats to all who got in on this sale, it's one of the better ones.

[quote name='kyoichi']MAG, Demons Souls, and Dragon Age/Heavy Rain for less than $70 shipped and no tax. Dang! Should I buy it or not!? >.< I just bought lots of games from the Gamestop gamedays sale so Ive got four brand new games I havent even touched. I wouldve bought these in a heart beat if it was offered last month but now im kinda second guessing. Furthermore, i have like $200 in gamestop credit so it doesnt sit well with me to purchase games with cash right now.

Darn it waddya guys think? I prolly wont be able to play those games till the summer anyways. So should i just sit out this deal? I mean, do u guys think these games will retain most of their values. I really am wishing for a GS B2G1 promo but it doesnt seem like itll come any time soon.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Darn it >.

[quote name='Fearbeard']I wouldn't say "a select few" are eligible for the deal as the vast majority of games seems to be eligible, including pretty much all of the big new releases.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's true, but for some magical reason Final Fantasy Tactics A2 isn't on the list and that was the game I wanted the most. :(

Anyway, just bit on Red Faction: Guerrilla (360), Bully: Scholarship edition (360) and Brutal Legend (360) all for 27 flat. I honestly didn't really care for Brutal Legend from the time I rented it, on second thought, I thought everything was amazing up until they added the RTS stuff in the game, but other than that not a bad haul.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='-Mystery-']Anyone know how long this sale is going on for and how often Hastings usually re-stocks, if at all?[/QUOTE]

yeah I want to know this too

Hastings always has the gayest sales. Put 3 used games I want in the cart (Darkside Chronicles, SMT Strange Journey, Sky Crawlers)....boom "add just 1 more game to your cart to get one for free!"

Never mind that there's NOTHING at all to indicate what games can be used and what can't. So then you have to do trial and error adding and removing games from your cart. Then once I find out Sky Crawlers can't be used, I look around for another game of similar price. Try Assassin's Creed 2 for both systems and again, it's ineligible. Everything else I want that is a similar price is sold out.

So stupid. They'll let their copies of the hottest, newest games go, but try to get Sky Crawlers and THATS OVER THE LINE. Probably for the best since I was going to get raped on tax and shipping anyway, but I figured that extra $6 off would make it not so bad this time. Hastings has the worst designed website I've ever seen too, takes forever to search.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Hastings always has the gayest sales. Put 3 used games I want in the cart (Darkside Chronicles, SMT Strange Journey, Sky Crawlers)....boom "add just 1 more game to your cart to get one for free!"

Never mind that there's NOTHING at all to indicate what games can be used and what can't. So then you have to do trial and error adding and removing games from your cart. Then once I find out Sky Crawlers can't be used, I look around for another game of similar price. Try Assassin's Creed 2 for both systems and again, it's ineligible. Everything else I want that is a similar price is sold out.

So stupid. They'll let their copies of the hottest, newest games go, but try to get Sky Crawlers and THATS OVER THE LINE. Probably for the best since I was going to get raped on tax and shipping anyway, but I figured that extra $6 off would make it not so bad this time. Hastings has the worst designed website I've ever seen too, takes forever to search.[/QUOTE]

Great use of the word "gayest". What exactly is homosexual about this? Or did you mean the deal is happy? You must be 9.

Also you do realize that they have a list of games that are eligible if you click on the main banner. It clearly says on eligible titles, but I guess that was too hard for you to figure out huh.

[quote name='ryushe']
Anyway, just bit on Red Faction: Guerrilla (360), Bully: Scholarship edition (360) and Brutal Legend (360) all for 27 flat. I honestly didn't really care for Brutal Legend from the time I rented it, on second thought, I thought everything was amazing up until they added the RTS stuff in the game, but other than that not a bad haul.[/QUOTE]

Uh then prepare to hate BL? I really liked the game but the "Rts stuff" is the meat of the game and is the only thing you'll do after you have your first stage battle. So...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Great use of the word "gayest". What exactly is homosexual about this? Or did you mean the deal is happy? You must be 9.

[/QUOTE]

I'm probably older than you. It's only recently that the teacher's union stepped up full force with political correctness indoctrination. What is it like knowing that you never learned to think on your own because your worldview was shaped by liberal hacks?

Bought Uncharted, Uncharted 2, and Assassin's Creed 2 for $60 shipped.

Waited too long and missed out on Heavy Rain. I'll just pick it up on Ebay in the future.

May still order another set of games if I can find two more in the price range of Disgaea 3.

^ the word he used is slang for bad or not good. Just like back in the day when saying something was "bad" meant it was very good or cool. Not trying to defend the guy, but just wanted to point that out.

Back on topic: most of the good stuff is OOS

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Never mind that there's NOTHING at all to indicate what games can be used and what can't.[/QUOTE]

All you need is the ability to read.

[quote name='hosslogan']What is the difference in used and previously viewed?[/QUOTE]

Used is better, previously viewed are previous rentals with more stickers, use, etc. go with used if you can. just got 3:

bayonetta PS3
darksiders PS3 & 360

$60.24 not bad at all!

bread's done
Back