goHastings Buy 2 Used Games Get 1 for $1

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Previously viewed is the one that usually comes with manual and case, right?

EDIT: Used is better according to post #20 in the 10% off thread, as far as "complete" games go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. I got 6 games for $60. Most are older titles, but still a good deal. I finally broke down and bought Haze since I couldn't find anything else at the price range. Finding the 3rd game is always a chore.

Got 6 packages today, with 5 of those cards. So now I have 4x 10% off codes, and an unredeemed code because you can only enter 5 a day, and I accidentally put the same code twice =P

So like everybody my packages started to roll in today, (got all three from the first order) and started to open them up to check them out after I came in.

Take note, I ordered the following, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy.

Package 1: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Package 2: New Super Mario Bros.
Package 3: Super Mario Galaxy

And as the old song goes, one of these things, doesn't match the other, so which was it (I'll wait while you look)....

OK, done, yeah I opened up the second one and was like whaaa....a red case I didn't order a PS3 GH game, then the second thought was, they sent me New Super Mario Bros. instead, so I check the Shipping Label and it reads...Super Paper Mario.....Ok. o_O

Apparently someone can't read, :lol: (not that that's funny in itself) not that I'm complaining or anything I was wanting to get it anyway, it's just weird that they sent me a game that was $15 more expensive (I need to check to make sure I wasn't over charged for this "mistake" ) and that I didn't order (but was looking at and thinking of getting, though) to begin with.

Cool, I got a game I still wanted and for a really nice price, just weird they messed up so bad, and sent the wrong thing out (the cover art doesn't match and the cases are two different colors even...:lol:)

Overall, great price, fast shipping, and someone in their stores needs new glasses or something. LOL...;)

Got my stuff today. Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 was complete but the case was bent like someone actually held it and..bent the case. I noticed I have a code on the back of my instruction book. Not sure if that's with any copy or if I got one from the hardened edition or what. Cool anyway.

Also got 2 copies of Just Cause 2 for PS3. Both are good condition and complete. One even has the square enix registration code and the best buy exclusive chevalier classic code. Both unused. Good deal.

[quote name='epicjas0n']I got the same thing on my card. I didn't win the scratch 3 coins thing but there were three mushroom shapes hidden. I wonder what I could've won if I actually got them.[/QUOTE]

If you want to see what you would've won, just scratch the prize box?

[quote name='the_punisher']I ordered a couple things and the first two came today. They came with a lotto ticket, and apparently i "won" B2G1 for $1 (yay?), lost the other one, and then both came with an online lotto where i won a 10% off an entire order for both cards (meaning two different codes). If anyone wants one, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Both my codes are gone, but considering my orders, i should have more coming (assuming the other ones come with lotto tickets). If anyone else wants a 10% code, PM me and i'll get back to you if i get any more.

the prizes are ridiculously bad. so far i have
7 x $5 off purchase of 3 magazines
2 x $1 off any 2snacks or candy (excludes cafe products)
2 x Buy 2 get 3rd free, books priced $9.99 or less
1 x Buy 2 get 3rd for $1 any used book, cd, video games
1 x Rent 1 game get a 2nd game rental free
1 x Buy 1 get 2nd free all apparel
1 x You are playing for 2 bonus tickets

I scratch 2 out of the 15 cards correct.

For the internet game, I got 12 x 10% off coupons. They do repeat and are multi use. I also have 3 that lets me send in for 2 more tickets each.

About to bite on Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), Mass Effect 2 (360), and Just Cause 2 (360) with my friend paying for Just Cause 2. Just waiting for my friend to confirm he'll chip in and I'm ordering!

Picked up Infamous, Darksiders, LBP(GOTY) while they were in stock. Oh also pre-ordered Modnation Racers for 40$

I could have won $505 (or at least that's what the numbers are), but man, missed by one scratch (not my pick either, i was Two for Two).

I probably place another order just for the scratching game :lol:

[quote name='zer0faults']How is the shipping from this company? Ordered something via Amazon from them and never got a shipping number.[/QUOTE]

Theyre actually pretty quick. Usually within 4 business days of ordering in my experience. Ive ordered from them through Amazon before and they didnt give me a tracking number either.

Got my 3 :360: games today. I ordered only used, since previously viewed are former rentals.
They all came in good condition and with their manuals in good condition. But one of the game boxes had a lot of left over residue from a large circle sticker that was on the box. It covers almost half the front cover, luckily I have a spare :360: case to replace it.

D'oh! I ordered some PSP games, and one of them was Crisis Core, and they sent me Final Fantasy 1 instead. The game is in like new condition though, since the site will probably just issue a refund I'll reorder it and add a few more to get to 3 games again.

Got the rest of my order today (Heavy Rain and Demon's Soul). Both came in perfect condition w/ manuals . I still wish they didn't send a previously viewed copy of Uncharted2 when I ordered a used one. Oh well, I'm happy and will definitely order from them again.

Has anyone received a non working game from hastings before? My copy of New Super Mario Bros. from them is constantly giving me errors and not working. Do they allow for exchanges?

I don't live near any of their locations and since it was my $1 game I don't really want to return it if that's all they will reimburse me with lol.

does anyone know if they charge your card when it ships, or does it get taken out after you receive the items? thanks.

[quote name='Jinooka']does anyone know if they charge your card when it ships, or does it get taken out after you receive the items? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's when it ships.

i just recieved a used copy of street fighter iv from them, and ive been getting alot disc unreadable messages when i try to start a match. but the disc does still work sometimes when i try. All the other movies and games i ordered are good though.

[quote name='med']Has anyone received a non working game from hastings before? My copy of New Super Mario Bros. from them is constantly giving me errors and not working. Do they allow for exchanges?

I don't live near any of their locations and since it was my $1 game I don't really want to return it if that's all they will reimburse me with lol.[/QUOTE]

This may help you

* What is your guarantee on used products?

Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used movies, video games and CDs. We do, however, guarantee full functionality on all used media sold at our stores or at www.goHastings.com

[quote name='Virsago']Got my 3 :360: games today. I ordered only used, since previously viewed are former rentals.
They all came in good condition and with their manuals in good condition. But one of the game boxes had a lot of left over residue from a large circle sticker that was on the box. It covers almost half the front cover, luckily I have a spare :360: case to replace it.[/QUOTE]

Just remove everything (cover art, book) from the case and wipe the sticker residue down with some goo gone.

Great sale is dead, and the games I finally wanted are back in stock, Resonane of Fate and Just Cause 2. Really not liking Hastings right now!

finally got my 3 games yesterday, all came in immaculate condition and all with their manuals intact and even the demon's soul that was preplayed came in without any sticker and disk had no scratch but i did have to wipe out a rouge finger print; it buffed right out...1st time buying at gohasting...wont be the last time...

[quote name='med']Has anyone received a non working game from hastings before? My copy of New Super Mario Bros. from them is constantly giving me errors and not working. Do they allow for exchanges?

I don't live near any of their locations and since it was my $1 game I don't really want to return it if that's all they will reimburse me with lol.[/QUOTE]

They don't do exchanges, but if you email them they will give you your money back. Eventually (It took a week or so last time I had an issue.)

Yay! I just won a prize on one of the scratch-off contest cards. My prize? "$2 off any book in the Interview with the Vampire series by Anne Rice." That just might be the worst prize ever in the history of prizes. Thanks, Hastings!

[quote name='marginal']Yay! I just won a prize on one of the scratch-off contest cards. My prize? "$2 off any book in the Interview with the Vampire series by Anne Rice." That just might be the worst prize ever in the history of prizes. Thanks, Hastings![/QUOTE]

That's not a prize... :lol:

anyway, almost every package comes with a scratch card, except for one of the package (maybe they forgot).

great deal, looks like we have to wait for another month!

I got two more PSP games today, and one of them (Wipeout Pulse) was still in shrinkwrap! Not bad for a dollar. One of my scratchoff tickets was for a $20 gift card, but alas, I failed.

*edit* I just entered the online codes, and got two 10% off of the next purchase at the website. I'm guessing that's the default if you don't really win anything, but that's okay since I was going to order some more stuff, even with the B2G1 deal dead.

Got 7 of the 11 games I ordered, all were in great condition. Will be using gohastings again in the very near future.

I ordered 6 games total.

Batman AA and Demon's Souls were perfect with manuals
Darksiders lacked the manual, but was otherwise perfect

Space Invaders Extreme 2 and PSP Jak & Daxter both had box and manual. Space Invaders Extreme 2 had never been played

PSP Persona came with the outer box, box & manual, and both soundtrack CDs.

ok this is sort of unrelated but
how is gohastings when it comes to comic books?

i'm thinking of getting in on their "buy 1 used graphic novel, get 1 for $1" but i find the lack of descriptions in their comics sections disturbing
well, they atleast have the ISBN but is that really what i'm going to get?
also, what's the condition of their used comic books?

ordered 3 PS3 games from the B2G1 sale.
Resistance 2
FEAR 2
Vampire Rain: Altered Species
They were shipped today, will followup with the quality of em when I get em.

Ordered a few Wii games:
Twilight Princess - in perfect condition
Punch Out - pretty beat up - looks like someone let their dog pee on the manual
How to Train Your Dragon - in good shape, already flipped it at amazon.

I'll probably flip Punch Out after I've played through it. All in all, I'm pleased. Especially to get some first party Nintendo titles that barely ever drop in price for about $20.

[quote name='the_punisher']If anyone still needs 10% off coupons even though it's dead, you can PM me, i got 3 more, one's already gone.[/QUOTE]

The codes aren't single use. Everyone can use the same code.

WFG6916

Expires 4/21

I got
Final Fantasy XIII
Heavy Rain x2 (one for a friend)
God of War III
White Knight Chronicles
MAG
$190

saved about $150 had i purchased these new
Great Deal IMO

Now that i see a 10% off coupon, i'm gonna get some old games i've always wanted.

Not related, but i also got
Uncharted and Assassins Creed II from Goozex this week aswell after trading some awful old games i had. I just wish i had the time to play all these games.

Order#1: Yakuza 3, Star Ocean International and Fifa 10. Yakuza came mint, without manual though. Fifa came with a few scratches but complete. Star Ocean yet to ship.

Order #2:Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, Ace Combat 6 and Disgaea 3. Civilization came complete, but unfortunately not installing (reeks of cigarette too :puke:). Ace Combat 6 also came complete, but not installing either. Disgaea 3 was complete and mint.

Civilization came looking kinda shady. One whole side of the bubble mailer is missing and was taped to keep it together. Also has a few puncture marks which allow you to see the game case if you move the game around in the mailer. Also the second time I've ordered Ace Combat 6 and it won't install. :bomb:

Order #3: Tropico 3, Bladestorm and Resonance of Fate. Tropico 3 and Resonance of Fate complete and mint. Bladestorm yet to ship out.

Have only gotten 4 game pieces outta 7 games shipped. :cry:

Got all three of my games in the last two days. All three were mint & complete, another great experience from gohastings. Will def be shopping from them again....when my bank account can handle it:roll:

I made my 3rd order with them, got my 3rd problem with them.

First order they sent the wrong game.

Second order they sent two games that didn't work.

This most recent one they sent me Oblivion GOTY edition instead of regular, which would have been fine, except, it doesn't work.

They're not a bad company, most stuff comes in good condition, for example I also ordered Skate 2 which came sealed, but they make a lot of mistakes.

I cut companies slack as long as the rectify their mistakes, just like people.

[quote name='shockandaww']i would label it dead but i cant change the title. There was some kind of screw up and my post ended up being second for some reason.[/quote]

stop bumping it and it will fade away!

bread's done
Back