goHastings Buy 2 Used Games Get 1 for $1

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Previously viewed is the one that usually comes with manual and case, right?

EDIT: Used is better according to post #20 in the 10% off thread, as far as "complete" games go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be B&M only, but Hastings weekly add for this week has Buy 2 Get 1 for a buck on video games this week. Also, has 30% off all used games at midnight release party for Avatar on April 21.

Be a really sweet deal for B&M if both promos stack!

So, deal not necessarily dead yet!...

Someone previously confirmed that both discounts DO stack.

I will be there Wednesday to see!

I just hope they fixed their used games prices.

Okay so I got my three games, the only problem was Brutal Legend for ps3 was only available as previously viewed and when I opened the case, I realized the game was glued to the manual. At least the used the top of the disc instead of gluing the bottom. The game works fine though, and I was able to get the residue off. So all in all, a good purchase for me.

I ordered Crisis Core again, and again they sent me the Final Fantasy 1 remake! Again, I will email them. I really don't want the 6 bucks, I want the game!

I ordered a used copy of Darksiders (ps3) came brand new still in the wrapper and everything was a nice suprise.

They have a tendency to have games listed wrong on the site. So if you order a game, and get the wrong one, there's a good chance they have the item number wrong, and you'll never get the one you wanted for the price they offer.

[quote name='nekromantix']
Order #2:Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, Ace Combat 6 and Disgaea 3. Civilization came complete, but unfortunately not installing (reeks of cigarette too :puke:). Ace Combat 6 also came complete, but not
[/QUOTE]
yea last time there was the b2g1 i bought fallout 3, gow collection, and gears of war 2. gow collection came new, but fallout 3 came scratched up (i fixed it, thanks to the help from members here ;D) and it smells like smoke, the case looks dirty and is darker compared to other cases, every time i open it i smell smoke for a while-.-

Got 2 of my games today. FEAR 2 came in great shape and complete while Vampire Rain came with a bunch of stickers on from when it was bought used at a Gamestop at one point and was missing the manual. Disappointing that it was without the manual but still a good deal for those 2 and Resistance 2 for 34 bucks.

For all of you wondering about the B&M deal for the midnight release, the deals indeed will stack. I have posted about this deal before in Hasting's threads; I like to call it the Hastings 'Perfect Storm'; this will happen in stores it seems like 3-4 times a year tops.

If you don't know, Hasting's B&M stores usually do at least one 'midnight release' per month, for a big game, movie or album. During these sales, they will stay open past normal business hours (til midnight...duh), and from like 10pm until midnight they will have a sale on used stuff, either B2G1 for $1 or 30% off of any used merchandise.

In their weekly ads, they will sometimes also run those specials for the whole week: either B2G1 or 30%. Once every so often, when the moons align just right, they will have a B2G1 going in the ad all week, then there will also be a midnight release sale with 30% off as well, and some tasty double-dipping is had by all.

The deal should definitely work, as I have capitalized on it many times at many Hasting's throughout the Midwest, and have even had associates mention it to me. Usually when they have a 30% off sale from 10pm-midnight, the computers are programmed to automatically remove the discount. For a B2G1 at Hastings, it does seem that the cashier usually has to manually adjust the price of the 3rd game to $1, so just remind them if you don't see them do it. There should be signs up, and, as mentioned, it's in the ad, so they shouldn't be able to deny you.

You should know that their B&M prices are higher on most stuff than the website, but the the pricing is more consistent in the stores (ie they don't fluctuate like they sometimes do on the web): you can expect to pay $53.99 for AAA/new new release titles, then like $44/34/27/17, very similar pricing structure to GS.

So for 3 $53.99 new release titles (stuff like FF13, GOW III, ME2, etc...), you would actually end up paying about $28.xx/ea (with taxes, assuming around 7-8%) after the double-dip-discount. Not too shabby, if they have the titles you want.

Luckily, I have a Hasting's within walking distance to my house, so I drop in almost everyday to keep an eye on the inventory. Also, it's worth mentioning that they do offer really good values on some stuff, but you really have to just take your stuff up there and get quotes for stuff; there's no real database of their TIV's online.

Good luck on Wednesday night!

Got all three of my 20 dollar purchase. All three; Hotel Dusk, Lost Planet CE and Tomb Raider: Anniversary, were in great shape. The Lost Planet CE looked brand new, and it had all the codes unopened in it. Never owned a CE before so its pretty cool. Came in this cool metal case with an art book and bonus CD.

According to the website, buy 2, get one for $1 is on in-store. In addition, the ad lists 30% off used games. If they indeed do stack, that's a heck of a deal.

I give up on this site. I tried a few times to get in on this deal. the website takes forever to load and i try and add stuff to my card and it just takes forever

great deal you just have to make sure to tell the cashier to do the B2G1 as the computer only does the 30% automatically. I picked up Infinite Undiscovery 17.99, The Last Remnant 17.99, & Too Human 14.99 for only $26.07. I saved a extra $3 because he gave me Infinite Undiscovery free instead of the cheapest Too Human, so who knows you could luck out and get a better deal depending on which one the cashier gives you free. I really had to have some self control because they had plenty of games I wanted but I have to save so hope you fellow CAGs get some great deals as well.

Perfect storm works. 30% rings up automatically and they have to enter the B2G1 for $1 manually (not a problem since they've been doing it all week). Got Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, and GOW III for $8x.xx Not bad for $160 worth of used games.

damn, wish there was a gohastings around here.

Anyways, they fucked me over again... but in my favor. Got b1g1 for $1 because they canceled my most expensive one. Spray for Wii, which was $9... obvious price mistake....

They did that same thing to me with Dawn of Discovery DS, for only $11, TWICE canceled, look back and they are now charging $26something for it.

damnit.

Here's my haul from B&M:

360:
Resonance of Fate
Final Fantasy XIII

PS3:
God of War III

PSP:
Metal Gear Acid
'used' PSP Go (only the box was open; system inside was literally untouched; still had the plastic around it!)

Xbox:
KOTOR I
KOTOR II (both black label)
MGS 2: Substance

DVD:
Phish-IT
Led Zeppelin-DVD (the 2 disc one with all of the remastered stuff)
Keller Williams-Sight (live concert DVD)

CD:
Peter Gabriel-Shaking the Tree
Genesis-We Can't Dance

Grand total for all: $253.37! Unbelievable Perfect Storm for me! I was quite stoked to pick up the KOTOR pair, and basically a new PSP Go for $100! Used games and DVD's both double-stacked with 30% off, then Buy 2 Get 1 for $1.00. Also, just found out tonite that used consoles are applicable for this deal, so I just had to grab the PSP!

[quote name='sgaldis']Here's my haul from B&M:

360:
Resonance of Fate
Final Fantasy XIII

PS3:
God of War III

PSP:
Metal Gear Acid
'used' PSP Go (only the box was open; system inside was literally untouched; still had the plastic around it!)

Xbox:
KOTOR I

DVD:
Phish-IT

CD:
Genesis-We Can't Dance

Grand total for all: $253.37! Unbelievable Perfect Storm for me! I was quite stoked to pick up the KOTOR pair, and basically a new PSP Go for $100! Used games and DVD's both double-stacked with 30% off, then Buy 2 Get 1 for $1.00. Also, just found out tonite that used consoles are applicable for this deal, so I just had to grab the PSP![/QUOTE]

Awesome haul!

I wish there was a Hastings near me...oh well, I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with their online B2G1 deals.

Just got back from my B&M Hastings. Got the following:

360:
Mass Effect 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Splinter Cell Conviction (couldn't believe it was there used)

Total came out to $82! Great deal!

My local store in Austin said NO to stacking when I got there. A-holes. Congrats to those that did get it.

[quote name='sgaldis']Here's my haul from B&M:

360:
Resonance of Fate
Final Fantasy XIII

PS3:
God of War III

PSP:
Metal Gear Acid

Xbox:
KOTOR I

DVD:
Phish-IT

CD:
Genesis-We Can't Dance

Grand total for all: $253.37! Unbelievable Perfect Storm for me! I was quite stoked to pick up the KOTOR pair, and basically a new PSP Go for $100! Used games and DVD's both double-stacked with 30% off, then Buy 2 Get 1 for $1.00. Also, just found out tonite that used consoles are applicable for this deal, so I just had to grab the PSP![/QUOTE]

That's awesome dude. I never could get a good deal out of this sale at Hastings. They put all the freaking newer titles behind a metal cage, and I have to wait and wait for an associate to come unlock the darn thing just so I can see the prices. Not worth the hassle!!

[quote name='kingkiller33']That's awesome dude. I never could get a good deal out of this sale at Hastings. They put all the freaking newer titles behind a metal cage, and I have to wait and wait for an associate to come unlock the darn thing just so I can see the prices. Not worth the hassle!![/QUOTE]

is it the glass / metal case with the holes in it? if so the holes are meant for you to stick yer arm thru so you can look at the game and look at the price etc..

[quote name='dopehat']is it the glass / metal case with the holes in it? if so the holes are meant for you to stick yer arm thru so you can look at the game and look at the price etc..[/QUOTE]

Naw it is a display case with a metal grid door. No way to stick your hand in there.

I think I spent around the same as you :)

I had the associate follow me around from cabinet to cabinet the whole time. He was wondering what I was doing and so did the manager. hehe.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so is this deal active online? (if not PLEASE STOP BUMPING THE THREAD!) or at least change the title[/QUOTE]

I second this a second time. This keeps getting bumped without a title fix... I keep falling for it every so often cause i forget..... Ahhhhh.... :bouncy:

[quote name='seanr1221']Do DS games come with the case if you buy used?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The DS games I have ordered have come with case and manual.

[quote name='michael90002002']deal is dead online...i tried it earlier today.[/QUOTE]

The deal died 2 weeks ago. Now it's a stinky, rotten corpse that keeps getting dug up.

[quote name='sgaldis']But man, it was a hell of a deal while it lasted! :p[/QUOTE]

It comes and goes every other month, so its not like you won't see it again ;P

bread's done
Back