goHastings.com 20% off - Dead, Move to Graveyard Please

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Well I received an email from Hastings in my email this morning that they are having a 30% off sale on Used Games, Movies, and Music. But for some reason I just can't seem to get it to work. So just giving people a heads up for the time being and if anyone else can get it to work, or if I can get it to work, I'll update everyone. So for everyone who is interested, start planning. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Promo Code: 321

Edit: After talking to customer service, with an actual helpful person. Promo code is actually just 321, instead of what was in the email which was 321321. And also thanks for reminding me estofan that the 30% is for used products only, but will take 10% for new products too. Anyways, enjoy!

Edit 9/6/09
Apparently the code is now down to 20% on used games only, but still 30% off used movies and music. odd, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered two new XBox 360 games on GoHastings yesterday and used the same code. It gave me 10% off. I think the 30% is for used games but I'm not sure.

I put the code 321321 yesterday and the 30% discount showed up, I hope it still works since I didn't bought anything yet.

They have a huge banner that says the code is 30% off used games, used movies, used music, 20% off new books, and 10% off new music, new games, and new music.

I ordered a few things from there yesterday as well, though there is some negative feedback from the other thread, I contacted customer service and they assured me I could return anything I was dissatisfied with, such as scratches on disk or missing booklet, and I would not be charged with shipping and get a full refund. Seems like they are good. I'll have to see when my order comes in though.

[quote name='willk2244']
I ordered a few things from there yesterday as well, though there is some negative feedback from the other thread, I contacted customer service and they assured me I could return anything I was dissatisfied with, such as scratches on disk or missing booklet, and I would not be charged with shipping and get a full refund. Seems like they are good. I'll have to see when my order comes in though.[/QUOTE]

Feedback has been very mixed in both of the previous threads, so its more of a test your luck kind of thing sometimes with hastings. As long as you are fine to do the return, thats probably better. Most people were mad regardless even though there was a satisfaction guaranteed policy and you can get your money back, but I could understand that too. But me personally, been very happy with every game Ive received.

[quote name='willk2244']They have a huge banner that says the code is 30% off used games, used movies, used music, 20% off used books, and 10% off new music, new games, and new music.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I'm just telling people how I found out and also not every goes on Hastings everyday, so for the people who don't they won't even get to see the banner which is why I posted it here.

Hard for me to even think of an older/used game I really want to look for, which is good I guess. Just checking on prices and seeing if they have anything really low after the coupon. Sonic collectio on ps3 is 22$ so 16~ after the coupon, not bad. I haven't checked on shipping costs though.

Valkyria Chronicles used for PS3: $26.93 shipped.

Worth a try, especially considering it's practically $40 everywhere else, new or used.

My experiences have been decent. Most of the newer Xbox360 and PS3 games came in complete and good condition. Older PS2 games had wear and tear on them but worked. I have ordered about 20 games so far and 3 games (1 DS, 1 XBox 360, 1 PS2) were missing manuals. On a different note, I also ordered some graphic novels from them with the quality being near-mint to good condition which was better than I expected.

[quote name='Kylearan']Valkyria Chronicles used for PS3: $26.93 shipped.

Worth a try, especially considering it's practically $40 everywhere else, new or used.[/QUOTE]

It's $25 used at Blockbuster (if your store has a copy).

Placed an order for PS3 games using this coupon yesterday...

MGS4 - $18 (new)
Uncharted - $17
Killzone 2 - $34

Just received an email this morning that MGS4 is shipped, the other two are still processing.

Tempted to get Valkyria Chronicles...

@knightimages - I completely forgot that they sold books, I'll have to check out their selection.

Some pretty decent prices I have seen so far comparable to Gamestop. The only thing that might keep me from taking advantage is the shipping. Tax i am ok with but if i make a good order i would prefer Free shipping. CAG has spoiled me :D

Wow, really hot price on L4D for those that locked in @ $20 or better. Can someone comment on shipping times? I'd like to order six and return them to GameStop later, but they'd all need to be here in seven days.

I'm a bit shocked that this thread is getting such little reaction. Its a pretty hot deal with the games they have in stock such as Left4Dead and Bioshock

I placed my order on a Sunday and had all my games by Thursday or Friday. I'm not sure how far away the shipping center is from my house, but I'm guessing they would be at your home within a week. All 3 of my games came in different envelopes, but they all came on the same day. Some people got some games within a few days and had to wait another day or two for others. For the prices, I'd say it's worth a shot and to order some games. I had a good experience with them (I know some people didn't with the buy 2 get 1 for $1 sale) so I would at least give this a try.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, really hot price on L4D for those that locked in @ $20 or better. Can someone comment on shipping times? I'd like to order six and return them to GameStop later, but they'd all need to be here in seven days.[/QUOTE]

Last week ordered 6 games midday on Tuesday, and 3 games on Wednesday morning. Received 3 games that Thursday, 4 games on Friday, 1 game on Saturday, and the last one yesterday.

The one I received yesterday was from six I ordered on Tuesday.

So yeah... good chance of receiving it within a week, slight chance of being screwed. Unless my experience was vastly different than the norm.

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']I placed my order on a Sunday and had all my games by Thursday or Friday. I'm not sure how far away the shipping center is from my house, but I'm guessing they would be at your home within a week. All 3 of my games came in different envelopes, but they all came on the same day. Some people got some games within a few days and had to wait another day or two for others. For the prices, I'd say it's worth a shot and to order some games. I had a good experience with them (I know some people didn't with the buy 2 get 1 for $1 sale) so I would at least give this a try.[/QUOTE]
Word. I stand to gain $80 in profit, so it's a pretty worthwhile risk to me.

Some questions answered:

1. Games (are supposed to) come complete with box & manual, most of us have gotten near-mint or better.

2. Shipping is $2.99 1st item, $1 each and EVERY add'l item.
3. Ships very very very quickly, every item from a separate store location

This sale (like the previous) does NOT work on any sort of season DVD sets. I was really excited about getting Reaper Season 2 for $12 ($18 used), but it's a no-go on TV-DVD again...

Only order if you like scratched unplayable games with no manual, cracked generic black cases with printer paper box art, and brown/black sticky junk all over all of it (including the disc).

[quote name='Kerig']Some questions answered:

1. Games (are supposed to) come complete with box & manual, most of us have gotten near-mint or better.

2. Shipping is $2.99 1st item, $1 each and EVERY add'l item.
3. Ships very very very quickly, every item from a separate store location

This sale (like the previous) does NOT work on any sort of season DVD sets. I was really excited about getting Reaper Season 2 for $12 ($18 used), but it's a no-go on TV-DVD again...[/QUOTE]

I agree with you except for the manuals and condition. I have received 3 games without the manual from about 20 games ordered. The condition on the games have varied from sealed(?) to gamestop used quality with scratches on case, manual dogeared, and scratches on the disc. The worst of the bunch were old PS2 titles with the best being recent PS3 and Xbox 360 titles. All the games were playable.

[quote name='Bhhawks78']Only order if you like scratched unplayable games with no manual, cracked generic black cases with printer paper box art, and brown/black sticky junk all over all of it (including the disc).[/QUOTE]
Ouch, sounds like they're too hit and miss.

[quote name='Jodou']Ouch, sounds like they're too hit and miss.[/QUOTE]

Calling tomorrow to try and get a refund. Soooo not putting in a disc thats cracked and covered in brown gunk, could shatter in my system No thanks!

[quote name='Bhhawks78']Calling tomorrow to try and get a refund. Soooo not putting in a disc thats cracked and covered in brown gunk, could shatter in my system No thanks![/QUOTE]

i got some old ps2/xbox games i want to pick up on the cheap. what do i do?

According to every story from the previous Hastings thread, they guarantee their used products. If you get something incomplete or in bad condition, they'll take care of it.

In for 7 Xbox 360 games, some older ones my wife has actually requested(Burnout Revenge / Civ Rev), and I couldn't resist Vietnam zombies for cheap(Shellshock 2).

I've had good dealings with Hastings in store and online (via Amazon), so I'm sure I'll be able to work out any problems.

I decided to go for 7 to help mitigate the shipping expense percentage. Would of gotten a few more (Rock Band 2 / Battlestations Pacifc most notably), but my game budget is already low for the month and we are only 3 days in!

I grabbed for 360: (after 30% discount)

Kameo:Elements of Power - $3.50
Over G Fighters - $6.91
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts - $10.77
Saints Row 2 - $16.16

Great deals on collection "fillers". MANY better deals to be had on games I already have though.

[quote name='BaneXelphir']GTA IV for 17.99-30% is pretty tempting[/QUOTE]
I know, thinking about getting it.
VC is like $35 I think? 30% would be like $25, good deal.

thanks, my ps3 slim comes on wed so im tryin to pick out some good games

so far i have killzone 2 and GTA IV
i dunno what else there is... the games i want are on PSN or they havent been released yet (COD:MW2, MAG, MvC2, etc)

And also for the people worrying about condition, if anyone is looking to purchase DS games from Hastings, I have now ordered 15 DS games from Hastings, all came in excellent condition and complete with original case and manual so keep that in mind if you are ordering DS games.

As far as the other games, if you flip through the majority of the people who have purchased from Hastings, more people have received their games in great condition than not, so don't let some of the people who have had awful experiences scare you away. And as Kerig has said, Hastings is very easy to work with as far as return since they guarantee 100% satisfaction, so if you get something thats not quite right, you can ask them for a refund and send the game back free of charge to you since they pay for the shipping back.

Picked up Ratchet and Clank: TOD and BioShock for PS3, came to a total of 32 dollars. Not too bad. Just picking up R&C at a store around here would of been 32 dollars alone. Yeah, like others have said... bit surprised the thread isn't getting more attention. So they may be used, you're still getting a good deal on 'em. :D

Thanks to OP for heads up, never even heard of this site before this thread.

$13.73 for a used copy of Orange Box. Been waiting to pick it up for cheap forever. Hard to buy it anywhere since everywhere has the same $20 MSRP. Plus Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise for a total of $27. Decisions... Then I can throw in Mirror's Edge for a total of $40... Now it looks like it would be cheaper to do a B2G1F at Gamestop, but I'd have to find them in stock... I'm trying to not spend money since I lost my job but so many good, cheap games... And I could throw in Kameo for a cheap $4. I already beat it, but that was on a rental. I only slightly liked it but it'd be something to add to my collection.

And I can throw in Cross Edge for another $30... not sure how rare that game will turn out... So many different ways to spend my imaginary money.

Finally got around to getting Devil May Cry 4 and picked up Left 4 Dead as well. Came to just under $30.00 with shipping. They've got a guarantee so if either disc is unplayable, they will make it right as far as I'm concerned. I'm not worried.

In the stores some things are marked "Used" and "Previously Viewed" as well. I don't know if one of the labels is for that store's former Rentals stock and the other one is just received used games from trade ins.

Someone over at slickdeals called about the used and previous deal with gohastings. The Used games are pretty obvious, it's someone who traded in their game to them, and previously viewed are games they rented out. According to them, the used ones are better since they usually only been owned and used by one person, whereas the previously viewed by many people.

[quote name='wetmayo']Someone over at slickdeals called about the used and previous deal with gohastings. The Used games are pretty obvious, it's someone who traded in their game to them, and previously viewed are games they rented out. According to them, the used ones are better since they usually only been owned and used by one person, whereas the previously viewed by many people.[/QUOTE]

This has been my experience purchasing in store. Previously viewed often come in a rental case and do not include the manual. They usually buff the disc before selling as well.

Used games are normally in very good condition. They have never accepted a non-complete game from me and I have never purchased an incomplete used game.

In for Uncharted and PS3 Bioshock. $41.78 shipped. Thanks for the heads up, OP. (Did that make me sound enough like a CAG Veteran or CAGiversary, or was there something else I could have said? :)

bread's done
Back