goHastings.com Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1 on all Used games - Live again

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
goHastings.com is running another Buy 2 get the 3rd game for $1 on all used games

For those of you who missed it the last time around, here is your chance to get in on the deal once again.

No detail on how long the promotion will be running, but I will do my best to update it if it changes.

Here are just some general FAQs that I have seemed to appear in the previous thread so I will do my best to clarify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How does this promotion work?

A: The $1 game will be based off of the cheapest game in your cart, so if you have in your cart a game that is $8, $7, and $6, the $6 game will be changed to the $1 game, so your total will be $8+$7+$1=$16.

Shipping for Hastings is $4.99 for 3 games. And you will have to do the promotion in quantities of 3 at a time since if you try to add 6 games to your cart at once, Hastings system will not be able to process with 3 are best matched together and just make the two cheapest ones the $1 game. So be careful.

Q: How is the quality of used products from Hastings?

A: It will vary widely unfortunately. I will say the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings have received games from Mint condition to very crappy condition, like really, some of them sounded like there was literally crap on them. So it depends, but like I have said, the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings (including myself) have received them in great condition. So good luck.

Q: How is Hastings return policy?

A: Hastings has a very good return policy. Hastings stands behind the quality of their products 100%, so if there is an issue with the game, you can get a full refund for it.

The downside to that is if you were doing a promotion like this and you wanted to return the game that was $1, you will only get that $1 back for the game. And generally Hastings are very bad with doing exchanges, so don't count on getting your game exchanged out for another copy.

But the good news is they are willing to give you the refund if you are not satisfied with the condition of the game you received. And sometimes depending on how bad the quality is, they don't even need you to mail it back.

And Hastings does pay for all the shipping back to them, so do not worry about having to do a return and paying to ship it back to them.

Q: How long does it take Hastings to ship their product?

A: This will vary immensely unfortunately. It can vary anywhere from about 3-6 days depending on where they ship the game from.

Hastings will ship each product from your order separately in its own bubble mailer, and just because you have been told it has all been shipped at the same time, does not mean you will receive it all at the same time, so just keep that in mind.

Hastings normally generate your package has shipped emails late at night, and it normally takes 1-3 days to generate that email, so if you wake up the next morning and you don't see it, don't go crazy, because for some reason they don't send out emails during the day, so yeah.

But once the item ships, it is normally pretty quick, so you don't have to worry about that. But then again, it varies.

Q: What is the difference between used and previously used games?

A: Thanks to thelonepig for responding.
[quote name='thelonepig']No, previously viewed are prior rentals from their B&M locations. Used are trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

And also to add to it. Used games also consist of returns where the shrink wrap have been removed or the package has been opened. So this is why the quality control varies a lot and some games come MINT and seem almost like new, because some of them only had the shrink wrap removed.

I think I covered all the main points for now. These are normally the most important ones people need to know.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Available in: Used - Nintendo DS
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.

Used $23.08

only if there was a free shipping code

Retro Game Challenge
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D Stardust Accelerator World Championship Tour (says includes cardS)
Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker

47 all 3 before shipping

PSP
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days 25
Dissidia Final Fantasy 31
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

3 new games for 61 before shipping 20 each too bad i own them all

paid 25 for disgaea off amazon. paid 20 after all gift cards to TRU thats 45 so would of been about the sameprice for me after gift cards and everything..

too bad they have nothing i really want since i got a 10 buck gift card and nothing to spend it on

[quote name='ChernobylCow']So do DS games come complete with case/manual?[/QUOTE]

Ive ordered like 18 DS games, and they all came complete with original case and manual. And the majority of them were in like new condition when it arrived. Very satisfied as far as the DS games quality are concerned.

[quote name='Squarehard']Ive ordered like 18 DS games, and they all came complete with original case and manual. And the majority of them were in like new condition when it arrived. Very satisfied as far as the DS games quality are concerned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, CAGiversary!. :bouncy:

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Thanks, CAGiversary!. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. :D

I may take a look at this later, I had a good experience with them last time.

Tax and shipping kills this. Yesterday I was going to order a bunch of blu rays, until I saw that tax and shipping added like $2.25 per blu ray (and this was with a large order). It's a rip-off because most sites stop charging extra after your weight hits a certain amount, or at least the amount shipping increases by is greatly reduced. but hastings charges an extra dollar for each additional item even when you're ordering 20.

[quote name='JCDenton']Tax and shipping kills this. Yesterday I was going to order a bunch of blu rays, until I saw that tax and shipping added like $2.25 per blu ray (and this was with a large order). It's a rip-off because most sites stop charging extra after your weight hits a certain amount, or at least the amount shipping increases by is greatly reduced. but hastings charges an extra dollar for each additional item even when you're ordering 20.[/QUOTE]

That's because they ship from separate locations in separate packages. It's not the most elegant system, but that's the reason shipping is what it is fyi.

[quote name='JCDenton']Tax and shipping kills this. Yesterday I was going to order a bunch of blu rays, until I saw that tax and shipping added like $2.25 per blu ray (and this was with a large order). It's a rip-off because most sites stop charging extra after your weight hits a certain amount, or at least the amount shipping increases by is greatly reduced. but hastings charges an extra dollar for each additional item even when you're ordering 20.[/QUOTE]

well not every business can dole out free shipping either.

like the above post, these are coming from individual stores, one at a time.

[quote name='xycury']well not every business can dole out free shipping either.

like the above post, these are coming from individual stores, one at a time.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't change the quality of the deal. They should learn to be more efficient if they want more business.

[quote name='JCDenton']That doesn't change the quality of the deal. They should learn to be more efficient if they want more business.[/QUOTE]

I don't get charged tax, and for the most part I don't think the majority of the people get charged tax, unless you're from Texas, then probably. But I'm tax free. And as bvharis and xcurry has both stated, they have to ship from different stores and warehouses, so if you think about it, its actually cheap that they only charge an extra dollar to ship extra games. And I do agree if you get charged tax and shipping, that would definitely kill the deal for you, but for me and mostly everyone (at least the majority of the people that have posted in this thread and previous threads) does not get charged tax, so it would be a better deal then. Not for everyone :*(

Maybe I'm an idiot but don't you get charged tax if you have a Hastings in your state? In which case, Texas is not the only one. Not by a long shot.
I've gotten charged tax shipping to Illinois and Indiana.

[quote name='unclenebber']Maybe I'm an idiot but don't you get charged tax if you have a Hastings in your state? In which case, Texas is not the only one. Not by a long shot.
I've gotten charged tax shipping to Illinois and Indiana.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, never seen a Hastings in my area, so I can't tell you for sure since the store locator for hastings suck. But I've been told there are Hastings in Cali, so I was basing it off of that. But I've never been charged for tax, so meh. Don't know. The point is, to the post was I don't get taxed for Hastings and the deal is not so good to the people who do get taxed.

Hi. Just curious and since there's no mention the answer is probably no, but I figure I'd ask anyway. Does this apply to other used products or is it games only? If it does apply to other used goods can I mix and match three from any category?

[quote name='LordSMVS']Hi. Just curious and since there's no mention the answer is probably no, but I figure I'd ask anyway. Does this apply to other used products or is it games only? If it does apply to other used goods can I mix and match three from any category?[/QUOTE]

They do similar sales for DVDs, Blu-rays, books.. But I do not believe you can mix and match, no.

Be careful, last time they sent me two games in black cases/no manual and the games were scratched and covered in brown gunk (obviously unplayable) and despite numerous emails and phone calls they haven't done the right thing. Have had to dispute the charges with my CC company. Hastings doesn't deserve your business when the deals aren't even that good.

[quote name='bvharris']They do similar sales for DVDs, Blu-rays, books.. But I do not believe you can mix and match, no.[/QUOTE]

Can't mix and match. Just tried it. I wonder if you could mix and match when DVDs and Blu-Rays are on sale though since they are technically all in the same category on the site. Hmmm....

Damn both of my gift cards are giving me a message saying that they are not a valid number. I just got them like 4 days ago.

I got Madden and sacred 2 used last time I ordered for 35 each, and they came in perfect condition. As a note, ps3 games are pretty hard to mark up.. ordered Beatles Rock Band, Wet and Ultimate Alliance 2. The games haven't been out long enough to be too used... they averaged under 35$ each on my order.

They canceled my order for NFS Shift, Batman Arkham, and ODST =(

I might just order a slim PS3 but I sold my 60GB last month for a reason, I know I won't be playing it very much of the next year or two.

Oh and FYI I got charged sales tax and I live in Colorado...if you have a Hastings B&M store in state I'd assume you will get charged tax.

Went in today, good deals....

PS3
Lego Indy-17.99/17.99
Army of Two-17.99/17.99
Wall-E-24.00/1.00

40.00 -25 GC=15.00 OTD

They enter them manually so it comes down to how you hand it to them. It was really tempting to go back and try two cheaps ones and a new one like Batman.

All right so the site charged my debit account but not gave me an order confirmation nor said whether or the order went through. What's the deal?

[quote name='fyrflash1969']they cancelled my order too.. think they are advertising games they dont actually have in stock[/QUOTE]

But my account was charged.

Hmm.. I bought a bunch of games and received all my confirmations. You should give them a call on Monday when their Customer Service line is available.

Pun123, you went in the store and they discounted the $24 game to $1?! Wow, you should definitely try that with Batman. Maybe it was an error by the cashier, but online it automatically changes the least expensive game in the cart to $1.

yeah, it definitely looks like you just had an uninformed CSR. I have had the same thing go in my favor at a B&M location before, but if you get semi-aware employee, they'll check the prices of the 3 games you are buying, and arrange them accordingly (ie cheapest one for free).

[quote name='rickshankshaw']But my account was charged.[/QUOTE]

You should read the op faq, the answer may be there. Unfortunately GoHastings will only give you one confirmation email that you made the order. The shipping info and etc will not come until, in some cases, up to 2 days later. And you will get the information one at a time. And if you still never got the email, call up hastings to make sure that the order went thru since you were charged after all, so it should have gone through. Btw, did you actually make an account with Hastings, or did you just do the checkout and not make an account, because if you made an account, you can check all your order purhcases through the site directly through your account.

[quote name='willk2244']Hmm.. I bought a bunch of games and received all my confirmations. You should give them a call on Monday when their Customer Service line is available.

Pun123, you went in the store and they discounted the $24 game to $1?! Wow, you should definitely try that with Batman. Maybe it was an error by the cashier, but online it automatically changes the least expensive game in the cart to $1.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, like I said I was shocked I stacked them that way but thought for sure he would catch it, but he typed each one in and I guess just didn't care, some young kid. I think this sale ended today, or it would be tempting to go back tomorrow and try with some newer games. Oh well, got a good deal for some kids games. You know how it is you win some, you lose some...

[quote name='Squarehard']You should read the op faq, the answer may be there. Unfortunately GoHastings will only give you one confirmation email that you made the order. The shipping info and etc will not come until, in some cases, up to 2 days later. And you will get the information one at a time. And if you still never got the email, call up hastings to make sure that the order went thru since you were charged after all, so it should have gone through. Btw, did you actually make an account with Hastings, or did you just do the checkout and not make an account, because if you made an account, you can check all your order purhcases through the site directly through your account.[/QUOTE]

It said there was an error and that I should call Hastings. However my account was charged nevertheless and I never got to the last portion of the purchasing portion where they confirmed the order.

VERY NICE IF THEY SHIP

Virtua Tennis 3 PSP $1.86
Disney's Kim Possible: Kimmunicator DS $0.79
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories PS2 $1.96

what SUCKS is the shipping cost more then the 3 games combine

TOTAL 10.28 shipped had a 10 buck gift card from the last time they made a mistake on my order so it only cost me 28 cents out of pocket

break it down without gift card

disgaea 2 say i paid 5.00
Tennis i say i paid 3
and the ds game 2.00 (cheap xmas gift)

I say the only thing that ships is the tennis game.. then i have to call and #$#$#$# about how im not paying 4 bucks to ship one game..

[quote name='rickshankshaw']But my account was charged.[/QUOTE]

My account was charged too.. then later refunded when they notified me that they couldn't fulfill the order.

I ordered three games from them last time they ran this deal. The 1st one took like three days to come, the 2nd came about a week later, and the 3rd took almost three weeks and it wasn't even the right game that i ordered. I ordered kameo but got dirt 1.... I hate racing games which is upsetting, i decided to keep it because i didn't want to go thru the hassle of calling them, sending it back, and etc.... All three games were in great condition with the manual/case tho.

The Deal is back up! I posted a new thread but Cheapy routed me to this thread. On their website they have the B2G1 $1 on used games and 20% of select new games.

michael90002002: if that dirt 1 is for PS3 I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D. PM me if you are interested. I've been looking for Dirt for a while...

really need a free shipping code

i personally dont see why they charge 23 bucks for a used game when they cost 19.99 new... retro game challenge... puzzle kingdoms, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix ect ect ect... now if these where the same price as say gamestop used i would buy a lot more

if could find free shipping code

Age of Empires: Mythologies 15
quest trio 14
jumble madness for 15

those 3 for around 31 bucks would be a fast deal i would buy

Their selection of last-gen games seems to have cleared out a great deal over the past 3 or 4 B2G1 sales. Hardly anything last-gen left to note.

When you order their used games do they come with manual included?

Also is there a free shipping code available by any chance?

Thanks.

[quote name='Kalmaholic']When you order their used games do they come with manual included?

Also is there a free shipping code available by any chance?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Their standards are close to FYE, except they might sell rentals too. They should include manuals, but they don't guarentee it, but refunds are possible.

All my DS games were complete. I ordered a ton of PSP games and only 1 out of 9 didn't have the manual. Everything came in the original cases.

No free shipping codes exist, but shipping I don't think wasn't that bad.

I bought 3 games during the last B2G1 sale:
Soul Nomad (PS2)
Blade Dancer (PSP)
.hack//MUTATION (PS2)

All three came complete. .hack//MUTATION was nearly in perfect condition (included bonus anime dvd for those familiar with the series), Blade Dancer was good condition, manual was a bit bent in the corners and the case was pretty beat up. Took an extra case I had laying around (Yay for Me & My Katamari bundled with a crappy shovelware title called EA Replay at shopko for $17 bucks a few months ago) and replaced it. Looks pretty nice now. Soul Nomad was in okay condition as well, complete, but the disc had a small scratch off on the paint at the top (didn't harm anything - I hope), and the case had sticker residue. Nothing a 2001 Madden replacement case can't help :)

[quote name='ItsFun']The Deal is back up! I posted a new thread but Cheapy routed me to this thread. On their website they have the B2G1 $1 on used games and 20% of select new games.

michael90002002: if that dirt 1 is for PS3 I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D. PM me if you are interested. I've been looking for Dirt for a while...[/QUOTE]

Its for xbox 360 :(

I've done the B2G1 used deal from gohastings.com twice now and have received 5 games in mint and 1 in near mint. All were complete.

[quote name='Serpentor']The up to 20% off on new games is a promotion code or something? I'm not seeing any games with 20% off...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not sure about that one. I even tried adding the games that were marked for this sale to the cart and it still doesnt do it. So not sure to be honest for the 20% off sale :p

bread's done
Back