goHastings.com Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1 on all Used games - Live again

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
goHastings.com is running another Buy 2 get the 3rd game for $1 on all used games

For those of you who missed it the last time around, here is your chance to get in on the deal once again.

No detail on how long the promotion will be running, but I will do my best to update it if it changes.

Here are just some general FAQs that I have seemed to appear in the previous thread so I will do my best to clarify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How does this promotion work?

A: The $1 game will be based off of the cheapest game in your cart, so if you have in your cart a game that is $8, $7, and $6, the $6 game will be changed to the $1 game, so your total will be $8+$7+$1=$16.

Shipping for Hastings is $4.99 for 3 games. And you will have to do the promotion in quantities of 3 at a time since if you try to add 6 games to your cart at once, Hastings system will not be able to process with 3 are best matched together and just make the two cheapest ones the $1 game. So be careful.

Q: How is the quality of used products from Hastings?

A: It will vary widely unfortunately. I will say the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings have received games from Mint condition to very crappy condition, like really, some of them sounded like there was literally crap on them. So it depends, but like I have said, the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings (including myself) have received them in great condition. So good luck.

Q: How is Hastings return policy?

A: Hastings has a very good return policy. Hastings stands behind the quality of their products 100%, so if there is an issue with the game, you can get a full refund for it.

The downside to that is if you were doing a promotion like this and you wanted to return the game that was $1, you will only get that $1 back for the game. And generally Hastings are very bad with doing exchanges, so don't count on getting your game exchanged out for another copy.

But the good news is they are willing to give you the refund if you are not satisfied with the condition of the game you received. And sometimes depending on how bad the quality is, they don't even need you to mail it back.

And Hastings does pay for all the shipping back to them, so do not worry about having to do a return and paying to ship it back to them.

Q: How long does it take Hastings to ship their product?

A: This will vary immensely unfortunately. It can vary anywhere from about 3-6 days depending on where they ship the game from.

Hastings will ship each product from your order separately in its own bubble mailer, and just because you have been told it has all been shipped at the same time, does not mean you will receive it all at the same time, so just keep that in mind.

Hastings normally generate your package has shipped emails late at night, and it normally takes 1-3 days to generate that email, so if you wake up the next morning and you don't see it, don't go crazy, because for some reason they don't send out emails during the day, so yeah.

But once the item ships, it is normally pretty quick, so you don't have to worry about that. But then again, it varies.

Q: What is the difference between used and previously used games?

A: Thanks to thelonepig for responding.
[quote name='thelonepig']No, previously viewed are prior rentals from their B&M locations. Used are trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

And also to add to it. Used games also consist of returns where the shrink wrap have been removed or the package has been opened. So this is why the quality control varies a lot and some games come MINT and seem almost like new, because some of them only had the shrink wrap removed.

I think I covered all the main points for now. These are normally the most important ones people need to know.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't walk, RUN, to the nearest Hasting's if you are lucky enough to have one. They have the B2G1 for $1 going on instore, and they are also doing a midnight release for Transformers. For that they are having their bi-monthly 30% off all used, and...THE TWO DEALS STACK! That's right, here's what I got:

:360:
Fallout 3
COD: WaW
Battlefield Bad Co. Gold Edition
SW: TFU
Halo 3 ODST
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger LE
Marvel Ult. Alliance 2

:ps3:
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Brutal Legend
Burnout Paradise
Batman: AA

:ds:
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's whatever...

grand total: $224.28

I'm set for about a year! :whee:

My used copy of LBP GOTY just arrived from Hastings in perfect condition. I may jump on a few more games :D

The 20% off new select games works for me, but not as good as Spun.com 25% off all games (you just have to sign into their program which is free).

I posted earlier in the thread regarding a package mix up that was still pending resolution. I was shipped a music CD instead of a PS3 game, sent it back the same day and I've been waiting for 2 solid months. I finally called the phone number after the 11th email citing that they had still not received my return package (they paid for media mail so I guess it's still somewhere out there).

In 3 minutes someone picked up the phone and refunded my money. I recommend not bothering with their email support as they tend to be less than helpful, whereas their phone support was very proactive and polite. Now that I have my refund I guess I'll try a second order...

[quote name='tomfool']I posted earlier in the thread regarding a package mix up that was still pending resolution. I was shipped a music CD instead of a PS3 game, sent it back the same day and I've been waiting for 2 solid months. I finally called the phone number after the 11th email citing that they had still not received my return package (they paid for media mail so I guess it's still somewhere out there).

In 3 minutes someone picked up the phone and refunded my money. I recommend not bothering with their email support as they tend to be less than helpful, whereas their phone support was very proactive and polite. Now that I have my refund I guess I'll try a second order...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Hastings email customer service is awful. I always found it best to just call them up and theyll take care of it.

bread's done
Back