goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FoodsAreBombs']I'd also like to know this, as I received the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Good chance its a knockoff...I ordered one off of Amazon (videogamehunter to be specific) last week and was sent a knockoff in cleverly fake packaging. Wouldnt surprise me if you guys got knockoffs too

I have unused code #8 of 12. First person gets it via PM.

Please check back for more codes. Thank You!

EDIT: Taken. Thanks for playing

Got my games today. AC: Brotherhood, Bioshock 2 and LoZ Phantom Hourglass for about $30 shipped. Everything in good shape. Phantom Hourglass was shrinkwrapped and looked new but cart had a save game on it so I guess it was re-wrapped

Just waiting for Lost in Shadow to still ship out from my order! Woohah! Hopefully these PSP games I ordered are i decent shape.

Just got Singularity, SSF4 and AC:B in the mail. They were all previously viewed, not used games, but I'm happy with the condition. The cases for a couple have a few minor scuffs, and Singularity is missing a manual, but considering each game was 8.64 on average with shipping, I'm pretty pleased.

[quote name='naruto98']How are you guys even getting the codes for the discounts?[/QUOTE]

You had to sign up for their newsletter a couple of weeks ago - some people used more than one email address to sign up - the result, multiple discount codes

Man, I am having no luck trying to order Morrowind.

I've had three orders canceled in the last month or so. I thought for sure this time was the charm. I placed my order three days ago, and the item showed as being in-stock this entire time.

Just checked my account, however, and the item is showing as "Canceled" from my order, and item is now out of stock.

Frustrating.

Finally placed my order and got an e-mail today about two of my items (out of 8) being canceled. How does that work? Do the other 6 still ship and my card is credited for the value of the 2 that got canceled?

Thanks bfauble83 for the code ! Now im thinking about either getting a bundle of crysis 2 and bulletstorm or darksiders and bulletstorm. Man after reading these posts im a alittle nervous about ordering from gohastings

[quote name='Blank Earth']Finally placed my order and got an e-mail today about two of my items (out of 8) being canceled. How does that work? Do the other 6 still ship and my card is credited for the value of the 2 that got canceled?[/QUOTE]
yup, they'll ship if they are in stock. If they are shipped, they will be charged.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Thanks bfauble83 for the code ! Now im thinking about either getting a bundle of crysis 2 and bulletstorm or darksiders and bulletstorm. Man after reading these posts im a alittle nervous about ordering from gohastings[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, my orders have been good. The nervousness will add excitement when you get something good. hahaha

[quote name='kouleefoh']yup, they'll ship if they are in stock. If they are shipped, they will be charged.[/QUOTE]
I already got charged at the time of the order, though, so I'm assuming the difference (including shipping, I would hope) will be refunded. I also paid half with my debit card and half with a gift card, so who knows where the refund will go anyway.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I already got charged at the time of the order, though, so I'm assuming the difference (including shipping, I would hope) will be refunded. I also paid half with my debit card and half with a gift card, so who knows where the refund will go anyway.[/QUOTE]

You weren't charged unless ALL remaining items in your order have shipped...please read the OP...the information is there.

An authorization at the time of ordering is NOT a charge.

I received my copy of Mafia II :)360:) today, and...for the first time ordering from Gohastings, I'm disappointed.

Not only is it not the PH version, (which is even stated twice on the packing slip), as I had feared, but the case is also in pretty bad shape, with a good chunk of the top horizontal section missing (so there's a hole in the case on the top). :cry:

I already sent a PM to the Gohastings rep here; hopefully he can help me out.

Anybody have a spare code that I could have, I just wasted my last one for a dreaded cancellation, ugh. My order for Heavy Rain was canceled, and lo and behold I have yet to see my refund since I've placed it on Sunday. I guess I have to call Hastings and ask them where my money is from the cancellation.

[quote name='jl_rival']Anybody have a spare code that I could have, I just wasted my last one for a dreaded cancellation, ugh. My order for Heavy Rain was canceled, and lo and behold I have yet to see my refund since I've placed it on Sunday. I guess I have to call Hastings and ask them where my money is from the cancellation.[/QUOTE]
damn Heavy Rain gets cancelled so often. This is the 3rd cancellation I've heard of.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Does anyone know if there is a specific time for restocking?[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't shock me it if were 8/1.

Alright i think im ready to take a chance and order from gohastings but i dont know which two games i will get so i want you guys to help me out. The choices are:

.bulletstorm/darksiders
.bulletstorm/crysis 2
.bulletstorm/castlevania los

I just cant decide

[quote name='strait edge follower']Alright i think im ready to take a chance and order from gohastings but i dont know which two games i will get so i want you guys to help me out. The choices are:

.bulletstorm/darksiders
.bulletstorm/crysis 2

I just cant decide[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 or Castlevania over Darksiders imo.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Alright i think im ready to take a chance and order from gohastings but i dont know which two games i will get so i want you guys to help me out. The choices are:

.bulletstorm/darksiders
.bulletstorm/crysis 2

I just cant decide[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't pick up darksiders used just because I think you can find a new copy for less or close to $10. And crysis 2 u can find on EA Deal soon enough.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I wouldn't pick up darksiders used just because I think you can find a new copy for less or close to $10.[/QUOTE]

Clearance bins in ny suck big time. The only placer left to check is a Target right by the east side on 117 street in manhattan. Cant find darksiders cheap anywhere

Brotherhood and bulletstorm came today, its a hit or miss on previously viewed games I assume? Brotherhood came with no cover art or manual! While BS was complete with the online pass. I ordered these both previously viewed due to the lower price

[quote name='strait edge follower']Clearance bins in ny suck big time. The only placer left to check is a Target right by the east side on 117 street in manhattan. Cant find darksiders cheap anywhere[/QUOTE]
I said that because I bought it quite sometimes ago from Amazon for $12.99. I just wouldn't want to pay $8 or 9 and risk it being a beat up old box.

Anyone have a spare code? If so, please PM me. There are a couple of older titles I would like to try to pick up with the discount.

Thank you if you can help a fellow CAG out. :)

[quote name='jl_rival']Anybody have a spare code that I could have, I just wasted my last one for a dreaded cancellation, ugh. My order for Heavy Rain was canceled, and lo and behold I have yet to see my refund since I've placed it on Sunday. I guess I have to call Hastings and ask them where my money is from the cancellation.[/QUOTE]

Wow, just three posts above yours is your answer.
Authorizations are NOT charges...if your order was cancelled, then you never were charged. You won't see a refund for a nonexistent charge....your authorization will be removed after four business days.

Please reserve contacting the Rep for actual problems, not for a lack of understanding how your debit/credit card works. There should really be a test of sorts before any Joe Schmoe is given a debit/credit card.

Please read the OP...

Are they now raising prices throughout the day? Ass Creed Brohood was $14.99 this morning and now the price has been raised to $35.00? WTF is up with this site? It's like they have a random price generator or something, ah well, deletes Ass Creed Brohood.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I said that because I bought it quite sometimes ago from Amazon for $12.99. I just wouldn't want to pay $8 or 9 and risk it being a beat up old box.[/QUOTE]

Got my Darksiders today, and the case wasn't bad. There's a leftover sticker residue in one spot, but otherwise the disc and manual look great. No scratches.

YMMV. At least the PS3 blu discs fare better than the Wii dvd's that usually have more scratches then I would like.

[quote name='SkankButta']Anyone have a spare code? If so, please PM me. There are a couple of older titles I would like to try to pick up with the discount.

Thank you if you can help a fellow CAG out. :)[/QUOTE]

Read the first post. No requesting codes here.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Are they now raising prices throughout the day? Ass Creed Brohood was $14.99 this morning and now the price has been raised to $35.00? WTF is up with this site? It's like they have a random price generator or something, ah well, deletes Ass Creed Brohood.[/QUOTE]

The 14.99 copies sold out last I checked. Those were previously viewed. 19.99 for Used. Prob sold out of both.

I got my DS, PS3, PS2 games and my transforming D-pad Xbox controller yesterday and today.

Most of the games were in amazing condition and complete. There were some soda spill stains on the outside of one game but it cleaned up easily and the disk was like new.

The controller looked pretty new and all the buttons seem pretty springy and responsive. I have to test out the battery fully to see if it charges properly.

[quote name='DeathDream']The 14.99 copies sold out last I checked. Those were previously viewed. 19.99 for Used. Prob sold out of both.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaaah, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. It's my fault for not jumping on it last night, ah well.

Has anyone else encountered the issue of checking their wish list on their smartphone and discovering it empty...then going to check on your desktop / laptop and it is also empty? It also does it if you add an item to your wish list on your smartphone.

It seems to do the same thing to your shopping cart.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Wow, just three posts above yours is your answer.
Authorizations are NOT charges...if your order was cancelled, then you never were charged. You won't see a refund for a nonexistent charge....your authorization will be removed after four business days.

Please reserve contacting the Rep for actual problems, not for a lack of understanding how your debit/credit card works. There should really be a test of sorts before any Joe Schmoe is given a debit/credit card.

Please read the OP...[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, no need to get your precious panties in a bunch over my post I wasn't even upset about the ordeal, and what's it to you if I call Hastings or not it's not the first time they've shafted me on an order. It was my fault for not reading the above posts, but I also don't some random schmuck giving me their opinion over the matter on who should or shouldn't obtain a debit/credit card. And look at me now, I've become what I hate most about forum threads, people bitching back and forth over pointless and petty discussions. Whatever, I don't even care what you've got to say to me after this...now it's time for me to call up some Hastings representatives to b1tch too about my order just cause you said not too. :roll:

[quote name='Muthafodder']Has anyone else encountered the issue of checking their wish list on their smartphone and discovering it empty...then going to check on your desktop / laptop and it is also empty? It also does it if you add an item to your wish list on your smartphone.

It seems to do the same thing to your shopping cart.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me a while ago. Now I just order through my computer.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Clearance bins in ny suck big time. The only placer left to check is a Target right by the east side on 117 street in manhattan. Cant find darksiders cheap anywhere[/QUOTE]

Maybe they suck in Manhattan but Queens and Brooklyn have a few places full of treasures :D.

Anybody have an XBL 1 mnth code? I'd be willing to part a 40% off code for the sale! :D
Just send me a PM and we can work the deal out!

[quote name='Taboner']Anyone know if Borderlands GOTY has codes for the DLC? Or is it on a disk?[/QUOTE]

There were two GOTY versions released.

Click for larger:

You're really rolling the dice buying the GOTY version used...

[quote name='Taboner']Anyone know if Borderlands GOTY has codes for the DLC? Or is it on a disk?[/QUOTE]
There were two runs of the GOTY, one with vouchers and one with the DLC on the disc. I have the one where it is on the disc. Ordering a used one is very risky because I believe the first run of the GOTY was the voucher version, so most of the used copies would probably be that one.

I ordered a used copy of Borderlands GOTY from GoHastings during this sale and had to return it because they sent me the copy that originally had the vouchers present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back