GoldBox DotD: The Ultimate Matrix Collection BR - $49.99

[quote name='dv8mad']^ No, they never made sequels to The Matrix. EVER![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really wish they had continued with a movie or two after the first film. It had so much potential and was such a great concept. It would have been really interesting to see how things turned out ... of course I keep hoping that Indiana Jones IV comes out one of these days and is just as good as the first three ... but you know, I have faith in these things.

*wakes up*

... begins to cry and rock back and forth ...

[quote name='BIG5']It's about half this price if you order from Amazon.co.uk.[/QUOTE]

actually its more on bluray. you must be looking at the DVD version which shows up as 25.99 pounds which as of today is worth $37.9298 US.

the cheapest bluray version of the ultimate matrix on amazon.co.uk is 70.95 pounds which is $103.5444 US, as of today.

so this is the cheapest that you can get them, for now.

[quote name='ctrek3']actually its more on bluray. you must be looking at the DVD version which shows up as 25.99 pounds which as of today is worth $37.9298 US.

the cheapest bluray version of the ultimate matrix on amazon.co.uk is 70.95 pounds which is $103.5444 US, as of today.

so this is the cheapest that you can get them, for now.[/QUOTE]

He got the ultimate Matrix confused with the trilogy set. But it's still cheaper to get the Trilogy set and Animatrix from UK than it is to get the Ultimate version I believe.

[quote name='ctrek3']actually its more on bluray. you must be looking at the DVD version which shows up as 25.99 pounds which as of today is worth $37.9298 US.

No, I'm looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Relo...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276177671&sr=8-1

You must be looking at the US import. I'm talking about the UK release, which comes to about $25. Search Matrix on the site and it's the first hit you get.

and then how much to ship it to the US? seems like its still a better deal to just pick up the deal of the day version if you live in the states.

[quote name='ctrek3']and then how much to ship it to the US? seems like its still a better deal to just pick up the deal of the day version if you live in the states.[/QUOTE]

38.81 USD shipped for the trilogy and Animatrix.

[quote name='opterasis']38.81 USD shipped for the trilogy and Animatrix.[/QUOTE]
if we went with the UK sets, would we miss out on any of the other extras?

before anyone asks, yes the uk releases are region free (regardless what amazon says) and yes, they are not PAL. remember the price on uk drops by a significant % since VAT is removed for US customers. also shipping depends where in the US you are. for the trilogy + animatrix itll be 35-39$ shipped depending on location. i still prefer the US set release, glad i got it from the red2blu deal wb had... all you needed to send in was 1 hddvd cover (which i got on ebay)

also:

matrix_revisited.png

I'm glad I just got the single disc Matrix for 13 dollars on a sale. I love the second in the series but 50 is just too much for these movies, seeing how cheap they are on regular DVD now.

Took advantage of this. Thanks, OP :)

Also, I hear that the critics and philosophers commentaries are spectacular.

Picked this up. Almost bought it went it was 60 some dollars, but this was too nice adeal to pass up. One of the rare film collections where I double dipped. I have them on DVD already, but the matrix and blu-ray is too nice a combo to pass up.

Well, I was going to use my HDDVD copy to trade in using the Red4Blu deal. But then my Dog ATE the insert that I'd need to send in.
Isn't that a kick in the head!?!
I guess this is an ok. Maybe I'll go for it.

[quote name='sunnysky']Well, I was going to use my HDDVD copy to trade in using the Red4Blu deal. But then my Dog ATE the insert that I'd need to send in.
Isn't that a kick in the head!?!
I guess this is an ok. Maybe I'll go for it.[/QUOTE]
You can send in either the sheet that goes on the outside of the box when you bought it, or the cover art of the Matrix Revolution.

[quote name='eau']You can send in either the sheet that goes on the outside of the box when you bought it, or the cover art of the Matrix Revolution.[/QUOTE]

Well, the dog Ate the Matrix Revolution, and I'm sure I lost the outside sheet ages ago.
And of course the copy's on Ebay are "disc" only.
Oh well. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (as they say).
But thanks anyway.

FLOL a bunch of us ordered it from amazon UK, yes the full Blu Ray trilogy, when it was literally like 16 GBP shipped. I think my order came out to something like $24. And it's region free just plays beautifully. Check the amazon UK topic from January...

EDIT: it was just a hair over 14 GBP shipped!

Dispatched Dispatched on 30 Jan 2010

29 Jan 2010

Order Number:
  • Recipient:
  • Delivery Address:
    Delivery Option: Standard
  • Order Total: £14.13

FYI - All these "deals" Amazon has been doing is simply because the MSRP has dropped on them. So just hold out and stores will discount them even farther.

bread's done
Back