Good Games to Play with Non-Gamers?

metallicoholic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't normally stray away from the deals threads, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I thought I'd ask everyone for their opinion on their favorite co-op game to play with a non-gamer (kids, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband). The reason I ask is simple: My wife was never into video games but lately she has been enjoying the heck out of Left 4 Dead 2 (odd first choice, I know) and today she asked me if there are any other games we could play together. She's a big fan of the LEGO games but we have already beaten all of them and recently I bought UP for us to play and she was bored to tears with how simple it was. So I'm looking for something as complicated as say Left 4 Dead 2 but nothing more complicated than say Halo.

But I'd love to know what games other people out there like to play with the non-gamers in their lives, even if it doesn't quite fit my criteria. I know there are probably a lot of kids games out there too that are far more complex and fun than they seem to be.

Strangely enough, if she's enjoying Left 4 Dead it is possible that she might enjoy the co-op in Borderlands. Otherwise, rather than trying to make broad assessments to apply to the general population, (and, in essence, all worthless prattle to spew forth) perhaps narrowing on your situation would lead to better advice. Thus, I ask what systems you have?

For instance, my wife and I have enjoyed playing Baldur's Gate and FF Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube, as well as Diablo 2 on PC in the past several years. We, also, both play Monster Hunter on PSP.

My Fiance loves Little Big Planet. Borderlands seems like a good choice as well. If you really want to get her into gaming, buy her a Wii and Wii Fit.

Dokapon Kingdom on the Wii is a lot of fun; my husband and I love it. It's a board game with plenty of RPG elements, and we're both RPG fans, so it's a good fit for us, but I think it's accessible to anyone.

Mario Kart (both the DS and Wii versions) is always fun with another person or a group.

flow
flower
pain

those are some fav.s in my house of people who dont game.

i maed a gaem with zombiez in it is good for a non gamer too.
a bit insane the first time through but they can appreciate it.
exp if they enjoy left 4 dead.

Uncharted 2, story mode... All of the none gamers i know love to watch. They don't want to play, but they want to watch. To engage them, i usually ask them to tell me where to go, what to do etc...

If you are going to play Borderlands with your girlfriend be careful... my gf loves it, like really loves it. But she sucks (it is hard to be good at the game if you are casual) so I tend to get really frustrated at times and you have to hold all that in. So, if you are not good at holding back criticisms then I would not advise playing it.

I ended getting that 11-chapter preview copy of Heavy Rain. In my review I'll be making the case that it's one of the best social games of this year. When you consider how movies are very much a group event, the cinematic nature of Heavy Rain led to some interesting get-togethers when I fired up the preview disc in front of non gamers.

bread's done
Back