good hdmi cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

vze21gwa

CAG Newbie
hey guys. I was wondering does anybody know any good hdmi cables that display in 1080p. We just bought a new 42'' hdtv and are looking for hdmi cables. I was going to get a monster cable but looking at the prices decided against it. $70- $150 just seems too much.

Don't listen to what salesmen in stores have to say about cable quality for hdmi cables. They'll all support 1080p and as long as they're not so cheap they fall apart they'll all do exactly the same thing.

HDMI -

Never pay retail, and never even think of buying Monster. If you must pay big dollars for an HDMI cable, send me $50, and I'll send you a cable than performs just as good as Monster :)

Seriously, though... Monoprice, as already posted above. No reason to buy cables anywhere else.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Don't listen to what salesmen in stores have to say about cable quality for hdmi cables. They'll all support 1080p and as long as they're not so cheap they fall apart they'll all do exactly the same thing.[/quote they told me at the store that 1080p was the best one. i want 1080p but wont pay $150 for monster

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Don't listen to what salesmen in stores have to say about cable quality for hdmi cables. They'll all support 1080p and as long as they're not so cheap they fall apart they'll all do exactly the same thing.[/quote] I want 1080p though. I know there are hundreds if not thousands of them out there but $150 seemed too much.

[quote name='vze21gwa']hey guys. I was wondering does anybody know any good hdmi cables that display in 1080p. We just bought a new 42'' hdtv and are looking for hdmi cables. I was going to get a monster cable but looking at the prices decided against it. $70- $150 just seems too much.[/quote]

That is too uch.

I got a GE HDMI cable for $19.99 the other day and it works great. I honestly don't think anyone can tell the difference from a gold plated cable versus a regular one.

[quote name='vze21gwa']these connect to cable boxes?[/quote]

HDMI is HDMI, it is the same size and shape for all kinds of equipment that supports it (cable box, Xbox 360, PS3, HDTV, etc.) I've bought several cables from monoprice, and they are all perfect.

[quote name='vze21gwa']these connect to cable boxes?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they all have the same shape.

And, if you are getting your cable box switched to a HD box, the cable might even just give you a HDMI cable for free. I know when we upgraded and when my parents upgraded, we got free cables.

[quote name='tholly']Yes, they all have the same shape.

And, if you are getting your cable box switched to a HD box, the cable might even just give you a HDMI cable for free. I know when we upgraded and when my parents upgraded, we got free cables.[/quote]unfortunately our cable company only offers component cables. which cable company do you have?

[quote name='tholly']I have Comcast.

My parents have Service Electric Cablevision.[/quote]
We only get Time Warner Cable around here and there pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back