Good news Star Trek Geeks!

naes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Yes, that's right! A new Star Trek movie!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

startrekxian8.jpg

Directed by

J.J. Abrams

Writing credits

Alex Kurtzman (screenplay)
Roberto Orci (screenplay)
more

Release Date:

25 December 2008 (USA) more
Genre:

Sci-Fi
Plot Outline:

Revolves around a young James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, chronicling their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first space mission.
Production Notes/Status:

Pre-production
Comments:

J.J. Abrams has confirmed that he will direct the film and a Christmas 2008 release is scheduled
Status Updated:

24 February 2007
Note:

Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Hm. I just now heard about it and searched. Didn't find anything.

Oh well. Lock.
[quote name='ITDEFX']old news.....like last year old news.[/quote]

[quote name='Sarang01']Shit I want a DS9 movie.[/QUOTE]

so does everyone else :)

Best thing we are going to get close to is those relaunch books.

[quote name='naes']Hm. I just now heard about it and searched. Didn't find anything.

Oh well. Lock.[/QUOTE]

its ok. But star trek is unfortunately gone. The new movie may not be enough to bring us back. :(

Yeah, this news has been out for a while.

I can see Matt Damon doing a good Kirk.

Here's more from IGN:

What's Up With Star Trek?
What we've heard about casting and sets.
by Stax
March 16, 2007 - IGN has received word about the current status of director J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot. We were advised that the film will occupy five stages on the Paramount lot in L.A., with most of them being used for alien locations rather than starship interiors.

Sources advised us that filming is slated to commence in October. The film, which may simply be titled Star Trek, opens Christmas Day 2008.

IGN broke the news that Paramount was after Matt Damon, Adrien Brody and Gary Sinise for the key roles of Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy, respectively.

We were told that Sinise is close to being cast, with the main issue right now being how to juggle the Trek shoot with his CSI: NY schedule.

As we previously reported, McCoy will have a small role in the film, which will focus on Kirk and Spock's first adventure together (it is not, we hear, a Starfleet Academy story).

Brody is also said to be close to signing on but until everything is inked, no casting can be called a sure thing.

This movie has been annouced for years and years.

Sadly it's going to be a shity prequel instead of a movie dealing with post DS9 and destroying the Voyager ship with the crazy tech on it.

I think what killed ST was the show Enterprise too soon. Even fans like me have gotten sick of it with them beating it like a dead horse on TV. That's why Enterprise only lasted 3 seasons.

[quote name='Sarang01']I think what killed ST was the show Enterprise too soon. Even fans like me have gotten sick of it with them beating it like a dead horse on TV. That's why Enterprise only lasted 3 seasons.[/quote]

Omgz, i got 4 seasons from walmart - is the 4th season the rarez? :lol:

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']psh, im very bitter ever since...
they killed off data!!!!
[/quote]

Yes, that whole movie was an abomination.

Trek is dead, that's comming from a trek fan. Your going to have to wait 20 years before they can bring it back as ST:TNG the next Gen.

[quote name='Sarang01']I think what killed ST was the show Enterprise too soon. Even fans like me have gotten sick of it with them beating it like a dead horse on TV. That's why Enterprise only lasted 3 seasons.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the fact they had shity storylines and shity charaters and that the were trying to rewrite Trek history in their view.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']psh, im very bitter ever since...
they killed off data!!!!
[/QUOTE]

That was his choice. It was supposed to happen in Star Trek 9 but they changed it to a "funny" movie and took it out. it was lame through because Star Trek 10 was clearly going to be the final one anyways.

Star Trek 10 is Star Trek 2 and a Star Trek 6 bastard child. They should have had the main bad guy be Tarsh Yar's daughter!

[quote name='David85']
Star Trek 10 is Star Trek 2 and a Star Trek 6 bastard child. They should have had the main bad guy be Tarsh Yar's daughter![/QUOTE]

a very , very early script said Sela was going to be in it. It's funny how the romulans supported Shinzon's plans to wipe out the senate, then when they figured out what the hell he was really up to, they just switched sides and it was like "OMG WTF ... that guy is a psycho and we gotta stop him."

Old old news. BTW Star Trek is absolutely dead. I rmemeber seeing the special where they auctioned off all the props, costumes, etc. They pretty much said that it won't be any time soon on TV again unless you count re-re-re-reruns.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Old old news. BTW Star Trek is absolutely dead. I rmemeber seeing the special where they auctioned off all the props, costumes, etc. They pretty much said that it won't be any time soon on TV again unless you count re-re-re-reruns.[/QUOTE]

They didn't sell everything, just a lot of things. Plus how is selling old stuff equal no TV series? I think it will be awhile but it will be back. The problem is that the Star Trek owners are assholes and not fans.

I wonder which one will be more disappointing, this or the new Indiana Jones movie? A reboot sounds horrible. Hell, I'd prefer if it was a TNG movie where Geordi & B4(with Data's memories) on the holodeck playing sherlock holmes than have Matt Damon playing Kirk.

I think they're rebooting it, cause it worked for Battlestar Galactica(especially since it beat Enterprise's ass in the ratings).

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Old old news. BTW Star Trek is absolutely dead. I rmemeber seeing the special where they auctioned off all the props, costumes, etc. They pretty much said that it won't be any time soon on TV again unless you count re-re-re-reruns.[/quote]

You know maybe that really wouldn't be a bad thing, give people a 5-6 year break the bring out an entirely new series, the ideas get a bit stale when you run series after series for that long.

Star Trek isn't dead, and I challenge any petaQ who says otherwise! :lol:

Seriously though, they need a new animated series. Someone call Bruce Timm and Paul Dini please! :D

[quote name='tangytangerine']Hell, I'd prefer if it was a TNG movie where Geordi & B4(with Data's memories) on the holodeck playing sherlock holmes than have Matt Damon playing Kirk.[/quote]

I'd buy a ticket to that!

bread's done
Back