Google "Nexus 7" tablet - Nexus 7 (2013) now available

Nice. Mine doesn't share my interest in these things, but that can be good because I don't have to buy her the latest goodies. :D

I use my tablets pretty often because I tend to read a lot, especially before bed. The large screen makes it especially handy when reading comics. I miss the IPS screen from my Thinkpad Tablet though.

I ended up getting the Xperia Z tablet when the Thinkpad broke instead of a Nexus 10 a month ago because I like to read in the shower. That waterproofing really comes in handy! :rofl:
I've mainly found myself using it before bed. However that's really time I should be going to sleep anyway and technically I could do so with my zenbook prime as well. You had me at read in the shower ;)

BTW folks. Looks like some are reporting issues with the GPS

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/mobile/prfUDZA7M2s/J-PQHn9SK0kJ

3 weeks in and everything is good. Very happy with the 2013. Cheap Moko case is good just like last time, and the Xtreme Guard screen protector is a pain to apply properly but you can barely tell it's there once it's on.

An update went out over the last week that fixes both the multitouch issues some people were having, as well as the GPS issues mentioned in the post above.

I never experienced the GPS issue because I haven't used it for traveling yet.

Google Maps + tablet in Japan with a mobile wifi hotspot is a lifesaver. Plus hyperdia too.

Minor update... Play store has a white version of the N7 for sale as of today. Currently only available in 32GB WiFi version.

Mine has held up well over the last several months. Runs anything I throw at it at a good speed. Kind of hate KitKat though...aside from a few minor bugs I have noticed, a couple of my video apps run way more choppy since the update. I'm assuming all the bugs will be worked out eventually, but it's kind of annoying at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back