Google Play $0.25 Sale (Wikified) - 5 Days

asheskitty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Google Play is having a $0.25 sale for 5 days to celebrate 25 billion app downloads. [Full List Page]

Everything is $0.25 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday's Games:
Sunday's Apps:

Expired sale apps:

Want to buy an app but it isn't support by your current device or you don't have one yet? Click here

25 Albums that Changed the World -- $3.99-$5.99
25 Modern Classics (Books) -- $0.99
25 Movies -- $2.99-$9.99
25 Magazines -- $1.99/issue

Other Notables:

Special thanks to Computersnacks and wiki contributors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']Using my Touchpad with CM9 (a month or so old build) and I picked up:
  • The Dark Knight Rises - No idea how this performs on the touchpad, but for 25 cents I'll take the risk based on what I've heard[/QUOTE]
Launch it and report back. My quarters are precious :cool:

[quote name='sendme']Glad I held off on Nova. Picked up a few things. I should have checked this thread when it first came up. I think it should have also been put in the android forum. Did not know they were doing this as long as they have. How long are they going to keep doing this.[/QUOTE]
I believe this is the last day.

Anyone know of a good calender for Nova? I don't like the one with it. I really liked the one from Samsung.

My haul:

OfficeSuite 6 + (PDF & HD)
Asphalt 7: Heat
doubleTwist Alarm Clock
TuneIn Radio Pro
RealCalc Plus
Smart Tools
The Dark Knight Rises
Horn

Between Asphalt, Horn, and The Dark Knight Rises (and the Humble Android Bundle from earlier), my Nexus 7 got filled up quick!

[quote name='Juice el Savior']one more day after this i thought...

5 day sale right?[/QUOTE]

Started on a Wednesday correct? So today would be the 5th day.

Anyone got any opinions on Horn or batman? Horn looks interesting but the reviews are mixed, and batman says it won't work on my tablet, but will on my phone. I don't get that since my tablet is better but I still might take a chance if the games good.

[quote name='Terlan']Anyone got any opinions on Horn or batman? Horn looks interesting but the reviews are mixed, and batman says it won't work on my tablet, but will on my phone. I don't get that since my tablet is better but I still might take a chance if the games good.[/QUOTE]

They're 25c, I'm prett sure they both are at least worth that

Sadly the system won't let me purchase Horn, because it says it's incompatible with my Touchpad (which it probably is, but I'd like to keep it in reserve for when I purchase a nexus)

[quote name='jack612']I think I'm going to change the build.prop on my Touchpad and buy Horn in the hopes that it will be compatible with either the Touchpad or my S3 someday.

Edit: changed my Touchpad's build.prop to look like a Nexus 7 and I'm downloading this now.[/QUOTE]

How do I do this?

Well I found out how to do this. I used rom toolobox lite to edit the build.prop for my HP TouchPad to buy Horn. Here are the settings I changed.

ro.product.model=Nexus 7
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=nakasi
ro.product.device=grouper
ro.product.board=grouper
ro.product.manufacturer=asus
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.build.id=JRN84D
ro.build.display.id=JRN84D

[quote name='erequena']Sadly the system won't let me purchase Horn, because it says it's incompatible with my Touchpad (which it probably is, but I'd like to keep it in reserve for when I purchase a nexus)[/QUOTE]

this. does anyone know how to erm.. purchase it now but play it later? system won't allow me to give it $0.25. :( google doesn't want my monies :???:

[quote name='basis']this. does anyone know how to erm.. purchase it now but play it later? system won't allow me to give it $0.25. :( google doesn't want my monies :???:[/QUOTE]

Have you tried purchasing from the Play store on a web browser?

It won't let you. Says you don't have any compatible devices (I have a Touchpad and a Galaxy S II).

I went and got Batman and it works fine so far on my Touchpad.

Anyone try/play Bard's Tale? I'm not buying it yet because I have enough stuff and it's not on sale anyway but it does look fun. I never played the 2004 PC version its based off of.

Horn is somehow compatible with my Galaxy S2 (AT&T version). I went ahead and purchased it. Haven't finished installing it since its 1.71 GB. Batman is a bit laggy at times on my device, but still playable (only played for like 5 min).

Edit - What's the point of the launchers? I was thinking of picking up nova, but I don't see much benefits compared to the stock ICS launcher. One thing I noticed was widgets, but I don't use widgets because it uses a lot more battery and resources than I like.

My Galaxy S II is T-Mobile but is upgraded to ICS. I wonder what the hang up is. Oh well, I only looked because it was cheap anyway, not because I've been dying to play it.

Hard to pass up Batman at a quarter. I'm downloading it on my gs3 but has anyone played it on the Nexus 7? Easier to control with the bigger screen? My Nexus 7 is out for warranty repair :(

[quote name='Syntax Error']My Galaxy S II is T-Mobile but is upgraded to ICS. I wonder what the hang up is. Oh well, I only looked because it was cheap anyway, not because I've been dying to play it.[/QUOTE]

Mines ICS too. However, we have different chips if I remember correctly. Mines uses the Exynos and yours uses the snapdragon.

How can you see/manage your android devices? Does anyone know???? I changed the buildprop for the touchpad and it allows me to download Horn, will it let me play it...we'll see. But on the Google Play site nothing has changed.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Mines ICS too. However, we have different chips if I remember correctly. Mines uses the Exynos and yours uses the snapdragon.[/QUOTE]

Well my S III uses snapdragon and it wouldn't allow me to download it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How can you see/manage your android devices? Does anyone know????[/QUOTE]

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2407656

You can't really do much. You can hide them or change their names.

[quote name='Green Card200']Well my S III uses snapdragon and it wouldn't allow me to download it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, mines uses the exynos chip, which it's why I can download it. However, I just tried running it, and it won't even start. No errors no nothing. I'll still keep it though since is only 25 cents, and they plan on supporting it later.

Anyone get cut the rope experiments? I have a GS3 and it drains the battery like crazy. I found it to be a very fun game and I finished the first 3 chapters in about an hour, so I also bought the regular cut the rope. The first version does not drain my battery nearly as much. Experiments drained 33% of my battery in about less than an hour...

I bought Horn on the touchpad, but every time I launch it, it just closes/minimize itself. Oh well, hopefully when I get a better android device it'll work. For 25 cents it was worth the test.

[quote name='Sonne']Now if only I could get rid of this Samsung bloatware without rooting my phone...[/QUOTE]

just disable it.

Settings > Apps > All > (choose app) > Disable

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I bought Horn on the touchpad, but every time I launch it, it just closes/minimize itself. Oh well, hopefully when I get a better android device it'll work. For 25 cents it was worth the test.[/QUOTE]

How did you even purchase it? The Play Store won't let me.

[quote name='Namerson']I'm not 100% sure on this but doesn't Horn require Tegra devices?[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's Tegra only for now. They're promising Galaxy S3 support at some point in the future so I changed my build.prop to look like a Nexus 7 and bought it for .25 but it definitely will not run on any non-Tegra devices at all.

If anyone is looking to get a non-compatible app without rooting, apparently you can do it by installing Android on a virtual machine: http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/10qp71/want_to_buy_apps_on_sale_but_have_compatibility/

man i was hoping for poweramp to be in this sale since my 2 week trial is already over :( but i did manage to get some pretty cool apps out of this sale :)

bread's done
Back