Goomba's Freebie of the Week #1 - Mario 64 Plushie

My favorite Mario game has to be Super Mario World. I remember playing it on my uncle's SNES (which I now own and still take out on ocassion) as a little kid. What a BLAST!

Favorite enemy is Iggy Koopa, also from SMW.

My favorite mario game has to be Super Mario 64!!! and my favorite enemy from that game has to be the big fish that swallows you on the stage where you are small and all the goombas are plants are HUGE!

Mario 64. As hard as it is for me to choose something over Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario Bros. 3, the first 3D title stands out the most. It was the first true leap in gaming that I experienced in my lifetime, and as such, it will always be the most memorable. Playing it on Christmas morning with friends and family huddled around the television was joyous.

Favorite enemy is hard to decide on. I give Bowser props for the incessant attempts at being a jerk. But I really dig Count Bleck, to say nothing of the wide assortment of underlings from the entire Mario universe. Wario is also an excellent choice. I guess overall I still have to go with Bowser. There's just something so fun about being able to play as him in Thousand Year Door that makes it all worthwhile. Magikoopas deserve a nod as well.

Good luck everyone, and thanks OP!

My favorite Mario game is Super Mario World. It's my first Mario game so it has a special nostalgic feeling for me. My favorite enemy is the Goomba because I like their character design and they were very easy for me to kill. :D

Super Mario Bros 3. Favorite Enemy is the koopa troopa, because it's so much fun to volley their shells with the racoon tail in midair in that game. We used to have competitions on 2-something where there's a long open area with koopas.

Great contest. My favorite Mario game is Yoshi's Island for SNES/GBA. I never picked this up for the SNES but fell in love with it for the GBA. My favorite enemy has to be Bowser. There's just something so great about a giant fire breathing turtle/dinosaur thing. I even have a plush of him that my girlfriend got for me a couple of years ago for my birthday.

Super Mario is by far the best. In m opinion it is the best game ever made.

My least favorite enemy would have to be the last Bowser in Mario 64. He took forever to get to and beat.

Definitely Super Mario World, everything in that game amazed me... the graphics, music, gameplay, it's just a terrific game all around and holds up very well today.

As for my favorite enemy... I'd go with Dry Bones, as I like Koopa Troopas in general but make them skeletons and they are even more rad.

1) The original Super Mario Bros simply for nostalgia. But I'd go with Super Mario World in terms of which I played the most of

2)Goomba, nothing to do with you, I just think they should team up and kick Bowsers ass :D

Great contest btw :)

Very generous of you OP.
1. My favorite Mario game is probably either SMB3, the Thousand Year Door, or Galaxy... Of course, that last one might just be because I've been playing it nonstop since Tuesday night. Still, what a brilliant fucking game!!
2. I'm partial to Bullet Bill, although the Fuzzies from Yoshi's Island hold a special/hallucinigenic place in my heart.

Thanks the game seem fun!
1. Mario RPG on the snes is my favorite one. I had so much fun playing that game.
2. Favorite enemy would be Bowser since I just like him the way he is.

My favorite mario game is probably 64. I just love the last level, where your on your way to fight bowser. Your walking, and get the metal power *music*, its so cool ^^

As for enemy..I probably would say the giant penguin from yoshi's island. I thought it was cool, running around the planet, trying to impale it with the stick. Good times :p

1. I gotta go with Super Mario World. I love that game.
2. Those dragon dudes. I'm pretty sure they're in one of the first levels of the game.

Super Mario Brothers 3 - Just was crazy fun and a fond time of my childhood.

Boo because it's a ghost, and I like ghosts! hehe

1. I honestly loved Mario Paint more than any other Mario game (still have everything in working order). However Mario 3 is right up there.

2. I love Magickoopa, his attack is just too funny; swirling shapes and such, it amuses me.

I was so ecstatic (not really a spoiler) that Magikoopa was in the opening of Galaxy :) I wasn't expecting that at all. So far Galaxy is actually a lot better than I even imagined and I too fell into the "thinking of Brawl so much that I nearly forgot about Galaxy" camp. The game truly amazes me left and right with each new stage. Oh and the fact that I got the $25 gift card from TRU makes it even that much sweeter =) Go Nintendo!

BTW great answers everyone ^_^ I think we've nearly covered all of the enemies in the Mario Galaxy now. I haven't seen anyone say "Buzzy Beetles" yet for favorite enemy (unless I missed that response) but we've had a lot of original responses. I also consider Mario Paint to be rather cool ... back in the day I played it for HOURS and DAYS on end. Probably the main reason I got so into Photoshop and computer art programs as I didn't even have a computer back in those days.

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. That game was so fun.

2. Petey the Piranah. He was so annoying, which is why I like him.

Thanks for the contest! That Mario plushie is awesome! :D

My favorite Mario would have to be Mario 3. That was the first game I remember waiting for to come out and then one day my parents were at the flea market and this game dealer sold us a copy of it. I remember taking it school because it wasn't out yet and my friends didn't believe me. :D

Favorite characters would be Boos, love those sneaky lil boogers. Peakaboo!
Nobody giving love to Monty Mole? He was campin even before we knew what a camper was. :lol:

My favorite Mario game is easily Super Mario 64. First game I got with my N64, which was the first system that was really mine.

My favorite enemy from the series is probably the Koopas. Love them turtles!

My Favorite Super MArio Game is Super Mario 2. It was So much more different than the original And in My opinion Ahead of it's time, I had so much Fun with it.

I remember being a little Kid playing, on the first Level trying to Figure out HOW THE HELL DO YOU DEFEAT BIRDO. Then i jumped, landed on the Egg and Realized....You throw them at her. One of the first Video Game Moments where I went "WELLL DUHHHH!"

My Favorite Enemies of The Mushroom Kingdom hands Down Are the HAmmer Brothers. Always Hated them Because as a Kid i always Got Owned.

Favorite game is Super Mario Bros. 3, like the many others who said it before me.

My favorite enemy is the Chain Chomp. Remind me of my huge, loud, lovable dog.

super mario bros 3 loved the music and all the power ups

favorite enemy are koopa troopas since i like turtles and hitting other enemies with their shells are fun

Great contest Goomba, very cool of you.

My favorite Mario game is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!!. I mean, you can argue that he's not REALLY the star of that one...but he IS in every match.

Seriously though, I have to go with Super Mario World. But my favorite enemy is certainly Birdo. I loved jumping on those eggs and then chucking them back in his/her face.

Fav. Game: Super Mario 3, so happy to see it on VC!
Fav. Baddie: Boo! Now that he's playable in Mario Party, he's my favorite character to play as.

i used to have one of those plush's as a kid
me and my brother would have fights with mario and bowser lol

anyways, my favorite Mario game so far is Mario 64
i haven't played Mario Galaxy, so i'm not sure how they compare,
but i know Mario 64 is a timeless masterpiece, and is probably one of my favorite games ever

my favorite enemy is probably the Boos
they've always looked cool :p

hammer bros are pretty neat as well

Game: Super Mario World
Enemy:
duplighost.gif
- If I remember correctly, the last Duplighost in PM does a bad job of copying Kooper (making it very easy to tell them apart)...but I hit Kooper anyway.

Super Mario World (I think that's the correct name) would be my favorite game. First mario game I played and my favorite.
For enemy... probably would be a koopa because you can use it's shell.

My Favorite Mario Game? Honestly, do I have to pick? :(

Well for 2D, you can't beat the original Super Mario Bros. really, but Super Mario Bros. 3 was fantastic and definitely had a lot of creativity in all of the levels.

For 3D titles, it used to be Mario 64 for me as it defined the way Mario played in 3D, but now my favorite 3D Mario game is Mario Galaxy. It's just THAT MUCH FUN to play! I see this game instantly becoming a classic with a lot of replayability. :applause:

My Favorite Enemy would most definitely be the Goombas. :) (I have a huge Goomba plushie with a Wario hat on his head, it looks great sitting next to my Wii :] ).

Super Mario All-Stars all the way. The graphics were updated while still feeling like Mario, Luigi got his own sprite, and there is nothing as awesome as Super Mario Bros. 3 with inventory plus saving and level jumping (stockpile of Hammer Bros. and Tanuki suits anyone?).

Of course, my favorite Mario title would have to be Super Mario Bros. 3, where the best enemy isn't just any old Goomba, but the Karubi's Shoe Goomba. That does not need an explaination; you know how awesome they are.

Thanks for your generosity OP!

Favorite SMB Game: SMB 3, come on it was what the movie "The Wizard" was all about. Yeah, and I was young enough at the time to want to have Video Armageddon comps in my living room. :X I still remember calling a TRU about 1 hour away when the game first came out and they wouldn't hold them. They had it in stock and grandpa and mom graciously drove me the hour, I ran in and got the ticket for the game. It was like I had won a Wonka contest!

Favorite Enemy: The Koopalings. They first appeared in SMB 3 and I loved the colored hair and star ball of Lemmy!

bread's done
Back