Goozex 50% off Points Sale

dragon_image18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/shop.asp?code=G&ref=www.cheapassgamer.com

Sale ends Dec 31.

50% off gift cards. Send one to yourself and forget about flipping games for points.

Gift card: 500 Goozex points + 5 trade credits $ 15.00 save 50%!
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points + 5 trade credits $ 27.50 save 50%!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points + 5 trade credits $ 52.50 save 50%!
Gift card: 3500 Goozex points + 10 trade credits $ 92.50 save 50%!
Gift card: 5000 Goozex points + 20 trade credits $ 135.00 save 50%!
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points $ 25.00 save 50%!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points $ 50.00 save 50%!

Feel free to delete if this is a re-post. I couldn't find it in the search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent mine to an alternate e-mail. The e-mail will contain the code. Probably not even necessary to send to alt e-mail.. but I did it just in case.

As if the system wasn't broken enough, they do something like this. This only screws up the value system even more now. Flooding the system w/ cheap points and not enough games to begin with in the first place.

[quote name='degenerazn']As if the system wasn't broken enough, they do something like this. This only screws up the value system even more now. Flooding the system w/ cheap points and not enough games to begin with in the first place.[/quote]

I understand your concern , but I never seem to have any problem getting games , except for really old or rare ones. Then again I don't request many "new" games so that might make a difference.

[quote name='degenerazn']As if the system wasn't broken enough, they do something like this. This only screws up the value system even more now. Flooding the system w/ cheap points and not enough games to begin with in the first place.[/quote]

As a power trader, this really bugs me. I just bought cheap games to trade high. But now, that was a waste of time and tax. I could have just done this. I'm starting to worry more and more lately....

I think they're only doing it to raise some cash for themselves.

Normally, we're willing to pay about 1/2 the point value in cash buying games to flip for points. Goozex simply took out the middle man for 2 weeks so they could generate some extra income before the year is up. It makes sense. Let's just hope they only do it no more than once a year.

I already beat them by 2x for their bonus, though. Personal Trainer: Cooking for $5 = 500 points for me last week. Still, $15 for 5 trades and 500 points is mighty tempting.

I don't understand the hate here either. I use Goozex all the time, and I never have problems getting games. Sure new releases and rare games are hard to get, but if you know how to use the system you eventually get what you want, and get rid of a lot of games that you can't get squat for anywhere else, and get good value for them. I've literally gotten about 75 games on there this year, and I'm a very happy customer.

[quote name='Kerig']I think they're only doing it to raise some cash for themselves.

Normally, we're willing to pay about 1/2 the point value in cash buying games to flip for points. Goozex simply took out the middle man for 2 weeks so they could generate some extra income before the year is up. It makes sense. Let's just hope they only do it no more than once a year.[/quote]

They're doing to raise cash, but they're also doing it to increase users and infuse more points into the system. If you think about it, there's a finite number of points out there, so this helps grease the wheels. As long as it's a very temporary sale, it can only be a good thing for the system.

For only $2.50 more you can get an extra 5 trade credits by buying the 500 points + 5 credits twice.

I might do that towards the end of the month. Not that I'm low on points or anything.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']For only $2.50 more you can get an extra 5 trade credits by buying the 500 points + 5 credits twice.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, the trade credits being on sale is more significant to CAGs than the points. Any one of us knows how to get points for about 1/2 the cost or less, but trade points are always $1 no matter what.

What really stumps me is when I see some 150 point games with 10+ people waiting in line for it, but only 1 or 2 have enough points to actually receive it...

[quote name='charlescheese']I don't understand the hate here either. I use Goozex all the time, and I never have problems getting games. Sure new releases and rare games are hard to get, but if you know how to use the system you eventually get what you want, and get rid of a lot of games that you can't get squat for anywhere else, and get good value for them. I've literally gotten about 75 games on there this year, and I'm a very happy customer.[/quote]

Do you care to educate a goozex newbie on the ins and outs? I just recently signed up and traded *in* Fable 2. What suggestions do you have for getting games *out* (preferably 360/wii and not usual CAG flips).
T.I.A.!

My only complaint is that by doing this they're in a way encouraging people to trade less games (especially 100 point ones). Kind of makes it pointless to trade a game if you can get that many points so easily and cheap, right? The only incentive is to get more open trades, but that can only go so far.

I'm at about 5400 points right now (from trading), and I've been waiting at least a week for a request to go through. I've done a decent amount of offers in that time as well. My requests are at the cap (200), and still nothing.

Don't get me wrong here either. I love Goozex, and have gotten a lot out of it for games to play. This just bothers me slightly.

I've had no issues with Goozex, other than it being hard to get rid of old games. But it's not like you can sell old games like Call of Duty 2 etc.for any decent amount anyway. It's also slow to get new releases, but I'm always behind on games anyway so I don't mind having to wait a few months. Fable 2, Fallout 3 etc. will be just as fun next spring when I finally get matched up and I wouldn't have time to play them now anyway.

I'll pass as I've got 8000 some points built up and not a lot on my requests list and I'd like to wind that down. My gaming time will dwindle even more next year so I don't want to have a big amount of points I won't use as I'm not gaming enough to pick up more games. So I guess I need to bite the bucket and start using Half.com or something to sell some games after beating them rather than Goozexing them.

I have been a goozex user for around a year now and have been (mostly) satisfied with the service and have sent/received over 100 games. This shit pisses me off, however, as I just traded about 2000 points in games, and now goozex inflation has cut the value of my hard-earned points in half. I think after I burn through the rest of my points, I will be done with goozex for good. I'm not gonna stick around for new games being raised to a 1500/2000 point cap instead of 1000 because people stop trading them. My PS2 collection is mostly complete now anyway...

Anyone have a recommendation for another goozex-like service? Preferably one good for flipping, with more active users than goozex has.

this is really a great deal. i might jump on that 5000 points one after christmas and i see how my bank account is doing. $135 for those points will get me a ton of games.

thanks OP

[quote name='hostyl1']Do you care to educate a goozex newbie on the ins and outs? I just recently signed up and traded *in* Fable 2. What suggestions do you have for getting games *out* (preferably 360/wii and not usual CAG flips).
T.I.A.![/QUOTE]

The key is to stay up late because new releases get put on the site at 1AM (Eastern time) on release date. This usually ends up being 1 on Tuesday mornings. I have gotten Fallout 3, Gears 2, Scene It: BOS w/ controllers, NBA 2K8, etc. in the past few weeks. I just set my alarm clock for 12:55, add the games to my request list at 1, and then go back to sleep by 1:05. I usually get around 15th in line or better.

I love goozex. You're almost guaranteed to get a new game 3-4 months after release, which is fine, since my backlog is longer than that =)

I just checked this earlier today and it wasn't on sale. This is so good I'll pick one up for myself and a friend to get him into it.

[quote name='lassiterb']I have been a goozex user for around a year now and have been (mostly) satisfied with the service and have sent/received over 100 games. This shit pisses me off, however, as I just traded about 2000 points in games, and now goozex inflation has cut the value of my hard-earned points in half. I think after I burn through the rest of my points, I will be done with goozex for good. I'm not gonna stick around for new games being raised to a 1500/2000 point cap instead of 1000 because people stop trading them. My PS2 collection is mostly complete now anyway...

Anyone have a recommendation for another goozex-like service? Preferably one good for flipping, with more active users than goozex has.[/quote]

I don't see them raising the point cap anytime soon. They tried that about a year ago (to 1250) and the backlash was tremendous--they switched back to 1000 within days.

I'm pretty sure Goozex has the most active userbase of non-direct trade sites. There's a lot of users on gametz, but you have to deal with finding a direct trade. Truth be told, I have better luck finding a trade here on CAG than on gametz.

If you really want to flip, use Blockbuster.

[quote name='kevlar51']I don't see them raising the point cap anytime soon. They tried that about a year ago (to 1250) and the backlash was tremendous--they switched back to 1000 within days.

I'm pretty sure Goozex has the most active userbase of non-direct trade sites. There's a lot of users on gametz, but you have to deal with finding a direct trade. Truth be told, I have better luck finding a trade here on CAG than on gametz.

If you really want to flip, use Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]
That means you can expect shortages. Goozex is a disaster waiting to happen.

[quote name='rickonker']That means you can expect shortages. Goozex is a disaster waiting to happen.[/quote]

Exactly, this only benefits the people who run Goozex. They have no idea that all their doing is just hurting the system in the long run. They seriously need a lesson in economics. Flooding the market w/ cheaper currency only screws over their loyal members. I'll be waiting when the Goozex system crumbles.

[quote name='megma42']what is the typical condition of the games and cases - collectible?[/QUOTE]

Mine have generally been very good, but you do get some that are scratched up (but play fine) or have cases that are mired in gamestop or blockbuster stickers etc.

So it's definitely not a site for people who collect games. It's a site for people to get and trade games they want to play, but definitely not for collectors.

[quote name='megma42']what is the typical condition of the games and cases - collectible?[/quote]
Most Goozex users are actually gamers that take care of their stuff - you do get the occasional wonky case or folded manual, but everything I've gotten has been great.

Personally, I've found that the site is fantastic for picking up older stuff ('Cube espescially) since much of it is 100-300 points. You have the option of choosing condition (disc only, disc + manual, disc + case + manual), and the Goozex system matches you based on that. It basically handles the work for you.

Personally, I keep a want list of maybe three or four games at a time which helps to limit getting random stuff. I think the only things I have in there now are Burnout Paradise and Banjo 360.

[quote name='degenerazn']Exactly, this only benefits the people who run Goozex. They have no idea that all their doing is just hurting the system in the long run. They seriously need a lesson in economics. Flooding the market w/ cheaper currency only screws over their loyal members. I'll be waiting when the Goozex system crumbles.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but do you mean the people who run Goozex don't know what they're doing? What if they do, and their plan is to make off with a lot of cash by the time Goozex destroys itself?

I'll see how my wallet goes after Christmas, and will probably get two of the $27.50 cards. I asked for a Gamecube for Christmas (yes, I'm aware it's almost 2009), and if I don't get one for Christmas, I'll have to get my own, which may interefere with purchasing these Goozex points.

[quote name='rickonker']Yeah but do you mean the people who run Goozex don't know what they're doing? What if they do, and their plan is to make off with a lot of cash by the time Goozex destroys itself?[/quote]

I think this is a legit worry. It's not an economically viable system long term, especially if they keep doing stuff like this.

Selling points really bothers me - it's a one way transaction, with no new games being put into the system. It's like printing money, but not backing it with anything (like we do know...don't get me started on the federal reserve).

I keep my goozex points low (less than 1k at all times). You never know when the system might fail/people quit going to the site.

[quote name='btw1217']I asked for a Gamecube for Christmas (yes, I'm aware it's almost 2009), and if I don't get one for Christmas, I'll have to get my own[/quote]

Ask a Salvation Army Santa for one, he should be able to hook you up.

[quote name='Kerig']Ask a Salvation Army Santa for one, he should be able to hook you up.[/QUOTE]

Does he require cookies?

If anything, this should help move some of the games that are abundantly available and aren't moving at their current price point. Gears of War for 450 points ($22.50 at the regular rate) isn't too eye-catching, but for $11.25 with these discounted points, I can see how some people might be a bit more tempted to bite on one of the 100+ availabe complete copies.

Personally, I'll probably pick up Gears of War and Dead or Alive 4, both readily available and pretty cheap. With 30,000 points worth of games in my want list, I'm bound to get a few games I've missed out with this deal. In for 2,000 points now. If they're gone before the promotion ends, I'll probably pick up a couple thousand more.

I enjoy Goozex its a way for me to get rid of older games that no one wants, and to get a decent value for next gen games that lose their retail value fast. It's also a great way to move Clearance games from Target. I usually keep my points around 1k, hopefully soon I'll get a copy of Saints Row 2 or Resistance 2.

[quote name='veronesepk']I think this is a legit worry. It's not an economically viable system long term, especially if they keep doing stuff like this.

Selling points really bothers me - it's a one way transaction, with no new games being put into the system. It's like printing money, but not backing it with anything (like we do know...don't get me started on the federal reserve).

I keep my goozex points low (less than 1k at all times). You never know when the system might fail/people quit going to the site.[/QUOTE]
Yeah central banking FTL.

I just purchased 2 of the $135 dollar gift cards. That's 10,000 points and 40 credits. I've been wanting to build up my DS collection. So I put like 25 DS games on my Queue. That should keep me busy for the next two years or so.

[quote name='bballplaya210']The key is to stay up late because new releases get put on the site at 1AM (Eastern time) on release date. This usually ends up being 1 on Tuesday mornings. I have gotten Fallout 3, Gears 2, Scene It: BOS w/ controllers, NBA 2K8, etc. in the past few weeks. I just set my alarm clock for 12:55, add the games to my request list at 1, and then go back to sleep by 1:05. I usually get around 15th in line or better.[/quote]

Thanks now I will have to be like 30th in line now! Bastard.

I can highly recommend using Playswitch.com as well. Good trading site. More like bidding system than first come, first serve like Goozex. Just got Fallout 3, GOW2, and Dead Space recently. Good alternative to Goozex but Goozex will always be my main go to.

I would jump on this deal, but I'm like queued all the way to +200 on most the games I want. I can't help but think buying points would be a waste since I won't even get the games until months later.

Tried this site out and purchased $5 in extra points, enabling me to get Fable.

Still waiting, and it was "shipped" by the seller on the 12th. We'll see. Good deal if this actually works out, though.

Don't worry I saw Kube's link. Sorry dude :/

Anyway, Wtf I looked at some PS(one) games and they come up as (PSN). Like Crash. So If I get the PSN do I get some points or something?

I don't know if anyone has tried or knows about this, would be nice to know :3

bread's done
Back