Goozex 50% off Points Sale

dragon_image18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/shop.asp?code=G&ref=www.cheapassgamer.com

Sale ends Dec 31.

50% off gift cards. Send one to yourself and forget about flipping games for points.

Gift card: 500 Goozex points + 5 trade credits $ 15.00 save 50%!
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points + 5 trade credits $ 27.50 save 50%!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points + 5 trade credits $ 52.50 save 50%!
Gift card: 3500 Goozex points + 10 trade credits $ 92.50 save 50%!
Gift card: 5000 Goozex points + 20 trade credits $ 135.00 save 50%!
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points $ 25.00 save 50%!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points $ 50.00 save 50%!

Feel free to delete if this is a re-post. I couldn't find it in the search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh..any problems I've had and the Goozex team responds fast to my emails. I'm polite, and not a "noob" As for keeping my 100 points games, well I've got a bunch of padded envelopes, and for disc only shipping is like less then $2 a game and besides its not like I could get anything worth my time even if I sold a bunch of crappy disc only psx games as alot on ebay

[quote name='SuppaMan']Except the fact there was the downfall of CD's due to technology. [/QUOTE]

CDs were in the same shape during LaLa's prime as they were during LaLa's downfall. That obviously had nothing to do with LaLa's downfall.

[quote name='Sam111111']This is cool. Hopefully the Mirror's Edge line goes down quick, I've wanted that for a while.[/QUOTE]

193 active demands for the 360 version. It isn't going down any time soon.

[quote name='jeremy517']CDs were in the same shape during LaLa's prime as they were during LaLa's downfall. That obviously had nothing to do with LaLa's downfall.[/quote]

I'm saying over time (yes the state of music CD's worsens every year, their downfall isn't initially as bad as it was years back but the music CD industry continually gets worse). You can not compare music to games. It's much more different. Think of the current shape of the industry. Sure the game industry gets pirated, but not anywhere near the numbers of the music industry (and well that industry in my opinion deserves it much more so compared to the others).

You could likely argue a multitude of points, but strip everything away and anyone would tell you a site dedicated solely to trading music cd's is doomed to fail.

[quote name='SuppaMan']You could likely argue a multitude of points, but strip everything away and anyone would tell you a site dedicated solely to trading music cd's is doomed to fail.[/QUOTE]

That is arguable, but even if it were true, it is completely irrelevant, because the fact that is CDs has absolutely nothing to do with why LaLa failed. The model is the reason that LaLa failed.

Yea, they took down that since it was pointless to buy any of the other gift cards since buying multiples of 500 + 5 for $15 got you more trade credits. They also upped most games on my wanted list by 50 points.

Try this: Do a custom search on 360/PS3, where the queue is low (< 6 requested). Not even the lowest queue. And see what you can actually get out of the system in a short amount of time...

I see a few things that I am interested in, but then again, they are 500-650 points, and I know I can go get them for $5 used... At that rate, my 5000 points are worth around $50 (minus $5 in credits).

I will go queue up for some newer games... But by the time I can get them, I will have bought them for $29 or so on sale.

I like Goozex, I just think they need to allow for demand - let me pay more if I want it sooner. Same with selling - let me set my own price.

Oh well, can't win them all.

[quote name='punkmaggit']$135 for 5000 points + 20 credits is a great deal. It's like starting off with tons of BLING BLING. ;)[/quote]

Why the hell did you get Mega Man X7!? that game is terrible.. and this comes from a die hard mega man fan.

I like Goozex, I just think they need to allow for demand - let me pay more if I want it sooner. Same with selling - let me set my own price.

Oh well, can't win them all.[/quote]

There are actually a hefty amount of sites like that. If that's what you'd prefer, you should look into them. Unfortunately, nothing with that sort of business model has really succeeded or gotten big enough to get excited about.

Is it because of that particular model? That's up for debate.

[quote name='savagepastry']I like Goozex, I just think they need to allow for demand - let me pay more if I want it sooner. Same with selling - let me set my own price.

Oh well, can't win them all.

There are actually a hefty amount of sites like that. If that's what you'd prefer, you should look into them. Unfortunately, nothing with that sort of business model has really succeeded or gotten big enough to get excited about.

Is it because of that particular model? That's up for debate.[/quote]

That particular model is, well, eBay.

Goozex is really just a Buy It Now-only eBay where they regulate the prices on games and make you wait in line to get them. It's not really "trading" like they say it is.

The benefit is drastically reduced fees, the downside is you have to wait forever to get new release games.

you only wait forever if you don't wait for the queue to open. I'm first in line for CoD:WaW and Resistance 2 and FarCry 2, granted those aren't BRAND NEW games, they're only a month to two months old. I just don't want those games right now haha so they're on hold. I was one of the first to get Dead Space and Fallout 3 most recently.. just gotta play the system right =)

[quote name='aznguyen316']you only wait forever if you don't wait for the queue to open. I'm first in line for CoD:WaW and Resistance 2 and FarCry 2, granted those aren't BRAND NEW games, they're only a month to two months old. I just don't want those games right now haha so they're on hold. I was one of the first to get Dead Space and Fallout 3 most recently.. just gotta play the system right =)[/quote]

I'm usually up at midnight on games' release dates hitting F5 to add it to my queue as soon as it's available. I've gotten like 6th in line once but usually end up around 30-50.

damn, well I guess it also helps I'm only after PS3 games, which I've noticed a smaller demand, b/c yeah I've seen 360 games queue up like nobody's business.

I like Goozex precisely because there is a fixed value for games. If I wanted to pay more to get it sooner, I'd just go to EB or Ebay or Amazon.com and forget the middleman/screwing around with "points" or "bux".
I will admit that there's not a huge motivation to get rid of games that are in the 100-150 point range. I reuse envelopes or use bubblewrap and kraft paper, so my overhead isn't much, but you still only net about 3.50 in points for those old games. Then again, you'd get nothing at EB/GS, and for most of them, you'd probably get about that much going Amazon or Ebay, and before I list a game, I check what it's going for on those sites so I don't sell a Persona for 200 points.
I'm at 48 sent/11 received, and in most cases it's been an upgrade. (PS1/DC games for 360, Wii, or DS games).

[quote name='Forbesania']Good luck if you ever have a problem on Goozex though. The entire "staff" consists of 2 guys working out of their parents basement.[/quote]

I have had good luck with their staff when I posted a problem. Was resolved fairly quickly.

I usually get a game all the time through Goozex.. although I've had problems with bad traders not sending out games.

I'll buy some points thanks for the deal.

I'm a bit less interested in Goozex now because of ... Club Nintendo. It really has me thinking twice about it. This could be resolved by adding a higher level of "complete" which would mean it included the unregistered reg. card. Otherwise I'm now more inclined to wait for deals at Gamestop where I can at least see if the game has a reg card in it, though obviously there's no guarantee it hasn't been registered. Obviously this is only an issue for DS and Wii games.

I've had pretty good luck with Goozex. Have about 4000 points stocked up from some recent trades. Seems like my requests get fulfilled after the game has been out a couple of months, which is fine by me... might save me a couple hundred points too. Take for example GTA4. After all the hype died down I got it as soon as I activated it in my requests. Games like Rock Band 2 will never move though until something else comes along.

I've got some older titles I want on hold until I finish what I've already got. Still need to beat GTA4 AND MGS4 AND Uncharted AND Dead Space. Sucks to work 50 hours a week.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm a bit less interested in Goozex now because of ... Club Nintendo.[/quote]

Other than playing cards and DS game cases, the only thing worthy of getting is Game & Watch DS. It has a whopping 3 G&W titles on it. They could have fit every G&W title ever created on a DS cart, but decided to put 3, now in Japan you can redeem points for G&W DS 2.

I was excited about Club Nintendo myself until I realized there's still absolutely no reason to register. If you really want G&W, check here in about 6 months:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=24349

Be sure to read the Member Ratings review, it's exactly to the point.

As for Goozex availability:

I know the 360 queue is always crazy, but I was able to get Kirby Superstars: Ultra and Lego Batman DS at my door within weeks of release.

I've had good luck with goozex in fact getting two unopened games. It's a cheap way to get older titles. I also like getting rid of disc only old pc games I no longer play that are tough to sell elsewhere.

I just added Dead Space, Little Big Planet and Prince of Persia since I'm running out of games to play and had all 3 matched over the weekend. If you know what you're doing you can work the system to your favor and get what you want quicker than anything else.

I'm not interested in the G&W collection because the existing GB and GBA games are as good or better, but the card sets are awesome and you're forgetting the Gold/Platinum level reward each year. Those can be really cool. For me, and others, Club Nintendo is absolutely worth it and should have been here all along. Also it creates incentive to buy new, so you have to wonder why it took them so long to bring it here.

[quote name='Kerig']Other than playing cards and DS game cases, the only thing worthy of getting is Game & Watch DS. It has a whopping 3 G&W titles on it. They could have fit every G&W title ever created on a DS cart, but decided to put 3, now in Japan you can redeem points for G&W 2[/QUOTE]

OK so buy your Wii first party games and DS games new. When you're sick of them dump them and your non first party. For other non first party stuff. Or for other systems.

Goozex is not the answer to everything. You can still get games elsewhere.

All club nintendo is doing is trying to combat resale of games, all console systems are trying to do this more and more. Delayed DLC (which is already on the game disc) etc. These are all ploys by the man.

The day used sales go away, is the day I stop buying anything.

[quote name='Skelix']

The day used sales go away, is the day I stop buying anything.[/quote]

Well that's a whole different debate, but in the future, when everything is distributed digitally, there will be no such thing as "used" or "new."

[quote name='Aleman']I'm usually up at midnight on games' release dates hitting F5 to add it to my queue as soon as it's available. I've gotten like 6th in line once but usually end up around 30-50.[/quote]

I consistently get in the top 5 to 10 spots on new releases, and always 1st place on the first game I request at 1am. It is all in how you request. :cool:

[quote name='Aleman']Well that's a whole different debate, but in the future, when everything is distributed digitally, there will be no such thing as "used" or "new."[/QUOTE]

I'm all in favor of all-digital distribution as long as competition is maintained and prices are substantially lower then packaged games, but that's a topic for a different forum.

It isn't just 1st party Nintendo games that count for Club Nintendo. That was only the case for past games. All games with release dates from Dec. 2008 on count toward Club Nintendo. So basically any Nintendo system game, not just published by Nintendo, from then on I'm a lot less interested in picking up from Goozex unless they come up with a new category which ensures me that I'm getting an unregistered game with the reg card.

The site has definitely stagnated over the last year after exhibiting some growth last year. Feel free to argue with me, but this sale is either a "cash grab" (which I seriously doubt) or a desperate effort to spur activity.

Either way, good riddance. I traded 30+ games there but am sick of their shenanigans.

I think Goozex is great to get rid of old games, now if they could use some of the profit to get new games into the system, I'd think that we could see growth.

I'd gladly give up more games, but I've only traded in about 5.... and have gotten about 10.

I tend to keep my games, but will gladly flip some into the system that does get some points.

I think this is a godsend for PC games, rare or just hard to find.

[quote name='Forbesania']The site has definitely stagnated over the last year after exhibiting some growth last year. Feel free to argue with me, but this sale is either a "cash grab" (which I seriously doubt) or a desperate effort to spur activity.

Either way, good riddance. I traded 30+ games there but am sick of their shenanigans.[/quote]
I'm not completely frustrated yet, but I did notice a considerable slowdown in activity in the last 5-6 months. It means that points drop more quickly on games, but also that it's harder to get rid of stuff. I used to trade constantly on Goozex, but lately it's been a better value for me to flip stuff to Blockbuster instead.

[quote name='wii skiier'] I used to trade constantly on Goozex, but lately it's been a better value for me to flip stuff to Blockbuster instead.[/quote]

Really? How much does Blockbuster typically give for new release games?

Every big box retailer, mom and pop shop, flea market seller, and corner dope boy is drastically discounting prices during the holiday season so why is everyone up in arms because Goozex is also? More points in the system means more people can pay 450 points for that disc only copy of Prey. Clean your closet out and see how many points you can get while there are plenty out there.

I've had no problems with getting games or receiving them over the last five to six months. I just put in a bunch of requests for Christmas a couple weeks ago and I received four of them.

I'm even getting the rare games. I got Project Justice for the Dreamcast in August. I got Rez (PS2) in July.

I've also been sending games I could never get rid of. That disc only copy of Final Fantasy VII (greatest hits)? Got 1000 points for it. Got 650 points for the Orange Box right before it fell off the cliff and hit 300 points. Got 800 points for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on the DC after I paid 400 points for it a couple months before.

Patience is the key. If you want to act like an ADD-addled 12 year old, Goozex will be an infuriating place for you.

[quote name='Aleman']Really? How much does Blockbuster typically give for new release games?[/quote]
It really depends on the system/game, but as long as you buy cheapass on your new games (~$40) and turn them around quickly you can generally almost break even. I tend to have a lot more used/clearance activity and as long as your timing is good you can almost always do better at Blockbuster these days. They pay $15-20 for a lot of Wii games that you can find for $5-10 used or on clearance (or for low points on goozex).

I like Goozex. When I was playing more games and had a lot more cash to blow, I'd always pick up extra copies of clearance games and put them on Goozex sealed. A lot of CAGers got brand new/sealed games they couldn't find in their area (and I'm sure they popped their own clearance games on Goozex to earn the points to pay for those games). After the holidays, I'll probably build up some Goozex credit again.

The best deals, of course, are on older games in the 100-300 point range. I request and receive my fair share of new releases, however. I've also received some rare and expensive games on Goozex, like DDR Disney Mix, Tactics Ogre, and random RPGs, all complete and in decent condition.

Goozex has been great to me since I've joined last October. I've traded games no ones seem to want here on CAG and have received Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and Animal Crossing City Folk for my first 2 request; and I'm about to receive the new Prince of Persia. A++

I have had several games ready to send for months without any luck whatsoever. I'm talking games like Mass Effect, BioShock, Forza 2, Crackdown, and Assassin's Creed. Not the hottest games ever at this point in time, but damn, it has been a long time.

[quote name='captmurphy']I have had several games ready to send for months without any luck whatsoever. I'm talking games like Mass Effect, BioShock, Forza 2, Crackdown, and Assassin's Creed. Not the hottest games ever at this point in time, but damn, it has been a long time.[/quote]

Yea that's the problem for relatively new games. Takes a long time to get them, then if you play them for awhile it takes a long time to trade them back.

[quote name='captmurphy']I have had several games ready to send for months without any luck whatsoever. I'm talking games like Mass Effect, BioShock, Forza 2, Crackdown, and Assassin's Creed. Not the hottest games ever at this point in time, but damn, it has been a long time.[/quote]

Yeah gotta have patience when you deal with goozex. It's also better if you don't make Goozex as your main source of trading your games. With those titles, your probably better off selling it locally through CL, gametz, ebay, or here.

Anyways I might consider getting the 1000 point + 5 credit deal like everyone else.

[quote name='captmurphy']I have had several games ready to send for months without any luck whatsoever. I'm talking games like Mass Effect, BioShock, Forza 2, Crackdown, and Assassin's Creed. Not the hottest games ever at this point in time, but damn, it has been a long time.[/QUOTE]

That's one of Goozex's weak areas. Old old games are really easy to send/receive, and new games are easy to send, but for games that are 1-2 years old like those, there are tons of people trying to flip them and not many people interested in receiving them on Goozex. Take those and trade 'em somewhere else - by the time people will want them on Goozex, they'll be worth no points.

The best thing to do is to put everything in your collection in your offers list. Don't activate them but put them on hold and set up your place in line. That way you'll be that much closer to a match when you finish a game or realize you're never going to play it.

i hope more games go up after the holidays when people find out they got games they dont want. Lately i been having troubles finding games to request. Though i did get a few good ones i wanted

Labyrinth ds 100 pts never tried yet wanted to

Field Commander 150 pts

dinosaur king 500 pts

Valhalla Knights 2 500 pts

pogo island 200 pts

still have around 25,000 pts so i will not be buying anymore : )

I just got a request for Bioshock (if only I had enough time to beat the game myself). I like to think this promo helped inject some points into the system to get things moving.

[quote name='communistbloc']I just added Dead Space, Little Big Planet and Prince of Persia since I'm running out of games to play and had all 3 matched over the weekend. If you know what you're doing you can work the system to your favor and get what you want quicker than anything else.[/quote]

Would you care to explain this, seeing as how I've had these games in my queue since release date and I'm still waiting on them. If there's a way to magically jump ahead of other people without frauding the system, I'd like to know.

I've used Goozex quite a bit since it started, and so long as you gauge your expectations correctly, it's a great service. It's a good way to get something for older games that most people don't want to trade for, or aren't worth much cash on the open market. Goozex isn't the place to go to if you want nothing but mint condition games, or new releases, but it is good for picking up a game you may have missed out on.

If there was one thing I would change, and I think someone already mentioned it, I would introduce a bidding system of sorts. Allow people to pay more or less than the market point value of the game. Maybe I'd pay 1,200 points for CoD: WaW, if it meant getting it sooner. Or maybe I wouldn't pay 1,000 points for Silent Hill Homecoming, but I'd pay 800. I think that would generate a lot more activity on site.

Goozex has been great for me so far, I got to trade away some questionable purchases I made at the heat of the moment along with a few which I finished a long time ago that had no keepsake value or foreseeable replayability then I turned the points into games I've wanted to keep in my collection for nostalgia value and just to be able to pick up and play when I felt like it.

Games like Metal Gear Solid collection, Devil may cry collection, shadow of the colossus, ico and a lot more. It's also really impressive the quality and condition of the games that I've gotten, never too late and barely a scratch in the 10+ games I've gotten in and that's really impressive considering I've opted to even pick up some gamecube titles. The experience may vary but gamers who are willing to use a program like Goozex to begin with seem to know how to take care of their stuff.

The only downer is that it's hard to get the brand new games in and all but that's what I have gamefly for.

Between gamefly and Goozex, I'm fairly certain I've saved a grand or two on purchases this year.

Also, I really dislike the way companies like Gamestop deal with used games so this is a great way to skip the middle man and pass on the savings to your fellow gamers.

bread's done
Back