Goozex Apology/ Someone broke into my house!

SeanNOLA

CAGiversary!
So, today I finally signed up for Goozex because I saw the April 100 points sign up deal and thought it was a pretty sweet deal. I signed up at work, and I started compiling a list of games I was willing to part with, and I got 2 replies within 15 minutes:

One for Lunar (GBA)
Another one for Fire Emblem (GBA)

Well, I was pretty excited, and I rushed home to grab the games. Thing is, they weren't there. In fact, a lot of stuff wasn't there. My landlord has been letting workers go in and out of my apartment, and they made off with a ton of games from my collection (I haven't had time to tally them yet, but I'm guessing just shy of $1000 worth of games/consoles)

I'm not too worried about replacing stuff, I mean as long as I can prove it was the workers that took it all, I can just get my landlord to by me a new PSP and DS and some games, but I feel REALLY bad, because my first 2 trades are going to be bad.

So, if you are on Goozex, and you tried to get either of these 2 games from me, I sincerely apologize. I updated my library, so now there aren't any "missing" games posted.

Wrong section. Also kind of pointless, as the chances of those two people seeing this: slim to none.

BTW - I know first hand it sucks to be robbed.

Same thing happened to me....They made off with about $7,000-$10,000 worth of computers and videogames(and didnt even fix our toilet.) The apartment complex said that It wasnt their fault. thankfully my parents insurance gave me about $3,500 for it...not near as much as was stolen, but i replaced the items from a local pawnshop and got more for the money than what was stolen.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Same thing happened to me....They made off with about $7,000-$10,000 worth of computers and videogames(and didnt even fix our toilet.) The apartment complex said that It wasnt their fault. thankfully my parents insurance gave me about $3,500 for it...not near as much as was stolen, but i replaced the items from a local pawnshop and got more for the money than what was stolen.[/quote]

Wow. $7000+? That's horrible. What is with CAGs and getting robbed? Do thieves get attracted to your house when they notice you go to bring in hauls of video games or something? I've never been robbed and I don't know anyone who has, I believe.

i had a fire emblem notice from goozex that i didnt have enough points. im guessing that was yours:

You are receiving this email because you have an "active" request for the game Fire Emblem (Game Boy Advance) (visit your request list to check the status).

You could PM the people and apologize to them that way. Plus you can also nicely request a cancelation(so you won't get negative feedback)...all is not lost... you can still redeem your Goozex account. =)

[quote name='Samus']What is with CAGs and getting robbed? Do thieves get attracted to your house when they notice you go to bring in hauls of video games or something?[/quote] When I got robbed the cops said that in most cases it is someone you knew if it just happens out of the blue. In my case it was (girlfriend of my brother's). If you're going to stick to the theory that it is someone you know, then they probably have seen our game collections and heard us talking about some awesome deal we just pulled off. Even though you were joking, you probably hit it right on the head for a lot of cases.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']You could PM the people and apologize to them that way. Plus you can also nicely request a cancelation(so you won't get negative feedback)...all is not lost... you can still redeem your Goozex account. =)[/quote]

Yep, he beat me to it. Cancel the trade/request cancellation and explain the situation via Goozex PM to the traders. Also, did you accept the trades before realizing your games had been stolen?

See, this is why I plan on dumping off most anything of value that I have, but keeping my main console(s) and my few games.

I'm dumping my relatively worthless comic book collection(see my TL), my G1 Transformers(assuming I check and find out they're complete before trading/selling) and I'm even contemplating dumping my somewhat sparse collection of coins(a bunch of Morgan Silver Dollars and not much else).

Basically, anything I haven't played, watched or read lately is going away SOON. I just have no patience for letting stuff sit around anymore.

On CAG and elsewhere, I've noticed people bragging about their collections and what not, which is great since we all need a hobby and what not. But, with the few select friends I have anymore, I find no need to 'brag' about the stuff I have, since it'll all be useless and chucked in the trash or auctioned off/donated whenever I die, so I look at it as why let someone else make money on my shit.

Thanks guys! I cancelled the trades. All is well. I definitely didn't lose $10,000 worth of stuff though! Sinnbox, that sucks! Sorry man.

[quote name='Samus']Wow. $7000+? That's horrible. What is with CAGs and getting robbed? Do thieves get attracted to your house when they notice you go to bring in hauls of video games or something? I've never been robbed and I don't know anyone who has, I believe.[/quote]

The funny thing is that I had all my systems and stuff out in plain site but never played them anymore, but thanks to the robberie i started playing/collecting again. and I got most of my games back for less than i had originaly paid for them.

Thanks guys! I cancelled the trades. All is well. I definitely didn't lose $10,000 worth of stuff though! Sinnbox, that sucks! Sorry man.

[quote name='Samus']Wow. $7000+? That's horrible. What is with CAGs and getting robbed? Do thieves get attracted to your house when they notice you go to bring in hauls of video games or something? I've never been robbed and I don't know anyone who has, I believe.[/quote]

The funny thing is that I had all my systems and stuff out in plain site but never played them anymore, but thanks to the robberie i started playing/collecting again. and I got most of my games back for less than i had originaly paid for them.

Well i have over 200 games, but i don't plan on dumping them anytime soon. I love them. Sorry to everyone that was robbed, but you guys don't seem too upset....in fact, the OP seems more upset about Goosex than being robed....

[quote name='shnizzle66']what part of town do you live in man? I gotta keep an eye out even more now...[/QUOTE]

you ask that as if somebody randomly broke into his house. these were workers that his landlord let into the place.

btw, never approve for people to be in your place without you there. as a renter you have that right.

Well i have over 200 games, but i don't plan on dumping them anytime soon. I love them. Sorry to everyone that was robbed, but you guys don't seem too upset....in fact, the OP seems more upset about Goosex than being robed....

[quote name='shnizzle66']what part of town do you live in man? I gotta keep an eye out even more now...[/QUOTE]

you ask that as if somebody randomly broke into his house. these were workers that his landlord let into the place.

btw, never approve for people to be in your place without you there. as a renter you have that right.

bread's done
Back