Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang it a game I really want just got listed as available but all five of my request slots are full

what sucks is one of them is a game that is obviously not showing up since it was "mailed" back on March 27th with no word from the sender since (even though I've sent him a message once or twice)

but I can't mark it as not received until tomorrow :whistle2:( (even though it's obviously not going to be delivered on a sunday, much less easter sunday)

is there nothing else I can do?

[quote name='TahoeMax']i'm sure that's gonna get adjusted soon enough[/quote]
Yeah alot of people have it on Goozex.

Has anyone bought games just for the sake of getting points on Goozex?

BTW, Gooze is my account ok? For some reason i have alot of titles in my library and all of them have high request but i never get matched. I don't even get the "Match! waiting for confirmation" Help, please. (maybe I'm just really anxious for a trade)

[quote name='martin8me']
Has anyone bought games just for the sake of getting points on Goozex?
[/quote]

Yeah, used GCO to get Shadow Hearts: From the New World for $15 shipped when it was 650 points on Goozex... not a bad deal, I'd say.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']Yeah, used GCO to get Shadow Hearts: From the New World for $15 shipped when it was 650 points on Goozex... not a bad deal, I'd say.[/quote]

Yeah, I might get Dead Rising for 24.99 at GC and sell it at Goozex.

I'm also gonna pick up a slew of games at EG/GS for full-up my points.

*sigh* If only trades were faster...

Got some games to try to trade, so thought I'd sign up for this thing.
Looks like I missed the contest, are there any promos I would be eligible for, as a new user? Also, if inviting me gets us something, could someone share an invite?

I think of the 1.00 as paying for their website--a similar service for CDs charges 1.75 per trade, so 1.00 per trade for games sounds fair (of course, the CD site pays postage, we have to pay our own postage on Goozex?)

What's the benefit to Goozex partnering with GameTZ or whatever it is?

One more question, not sure it's been answered--Where the heck did the name "Goozex" come from?

[quote name='dtcarson']Got some games to try to trade, so thought I'd sign up for this thing.
Looks like I missed the contest, are there any promos I would be eligible for, as a new user? Also, if inviting me gets us something, could someone share an invite?

I think of the 1.00 as paying for their website--a similar service for CDs charges 1.75 per trade, so 1.00 per trade for games sounds fair (of course, the CD site pays postage, we have to pay our own postage on Goozex?)

One more question, not sure it's been answered--Where the heck did the name "Goozex" come from?[/quote]

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=4457614745

if you use my referral link above, both me and you get 5 free trade tokens upon your first successful trade, plus you get 100 more goozex points once you've done you're first trade

if you use my referral, thanks in advance!

i need help. My account name is samnap. I accidently sent my activation email to the wrong email address that i cant even access. Is there a way to have it resent to my correct email address [email protected]. Please h elp me Gooozex!!

I signed up under you, swetooth.
So to restate how this works:
* I send games out that are requested, they spend X points. I get X points in my account.
* I can't request games until I have 1) trade credits (which I have one freebie), and 2) points, so I either have to buy points or send game/s out and not get negative feedback before earning my points.
correct?
Oh, and *clap clap* for Goozex## being so active here on the thread and the site, that is quite appreciated and says something about your confidence in your product.

So uh, does anyone know if there's a way to delete my account? I have several issues with the um... service, which have made me think it's not a good idea for me to be there anymore. I don't want to receive any more Goozex emails or anything,so...

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']So uh, does anyone know if there's a way to delete my account? I have several issues with the um... service, which have made me think it's not a good idea for me to be there anymore. I don't want to receive any more Goozex emails or anything,so...[/QUOTE]

to prevent future emails you should probably just change the email address you have linked to the account to something else. Doing this before closing your account.
Mark (Goozex here in the CAG forums) could probably help you out with how to delete your account properly.

By the way, the way you describe your situation sounds kind of odd:

"I have several issues with the um... service, which have made me think it's not a good idea for me to be there anymore."

Did something bad happen to you or did you do something wrong?

[quote name='dtcarson']

[/quote]
To expand the user base. GameTZ has many, many users and there's a parallel Goozex forum there too. There are a good amount of GameTZ users on Goozex.

GameTZ.com has a system that allows traders to have nearly full control over trades, including negotiations, worth determination of items, and beyond. It has its pros and cons but IMO it's the best site out there for getting some of the good games out there. GameTZ has an Internet life of about 7 or 8 years in one form or another and some users have been trading since the site was conceived.

One more question, not sure it's been answered--Where the heck did the name "Goozex" come from?
I've seen this answered before, yes. "Goods(z) Exchanged"

I've been on GameTZ for over 7 years...had over 450 deals in that time, so it's been a very successful place of business for me :)

[quote name='Caliburn']To expand the user base. GameTZ has many, many users and there's a parallel Goozex forum there too. There are a good amount of GameTZ users on Goozex.

GameTZ.com has a system that allows traders to have nearly full control over trades, including negotiations, worth determination of items, and beyond. It has its pros and cons but IMO it's the best site out there for getting some of the good games out there. GameTZ has an Internet life of about 7 or 8 years in one form or another and some users have been trading since the site was conceived.

I've seen this answered before, yes. "Goods(z) Exchanged"[/QUOTE]

sounds like switchplanet. People probally charging 60 pts for a 10 buck game. I say goozex should stay by itself.

When will you add

YU GI OH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2007 DS

i want to add that game so badly

[quote name='ManChowder']Did something bad happen to you or did you do something wrong?[/quote]

I didn't want to say this here, but I feel that charging 5 bucks for 100 Goozex points is excessive. Especially considering that several games are worth more than 100 points. It's pretty bad for those of us who can't find anyone to trade out their games with.

I'd totally get into it if 100 points equaled $1, but since that isn't the case, I'd rather just wipe my account and look elsewhere.

I'm sorry.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I didn't want to say this here, but I feel that charging 5 bucks for 100 Goozex points is excessive. Especially considering that several games are worth more than 100 points. It's pretty bad for those of us who can't find anyone to trade out their games with.

I'd totally get into it if 100 points equaled $1, but since that isn't the case, I'd rather just wipe my account and look elsewhere.

I'm sorry.[/quote]
umm...what do you mean?

God of War II = 800 pts = $5 * 8 = $40
Burger King game = 100 pts = $5 * 1 = $5
Dance Dance Revolution Bundle (with mat) = 1000 pts = $5 * 10 = $50

if it was 100 pts = $1, then you would get God of war 2 for $8, the BK game for $1, and DDR universe with mat for $10...

I dont see how that would be reasonable at all...

i dont see how $5 for 100 pts is excessive...

I thought 100 points = 5 bucks is pretty fair.
Cooking Mama: Cook Off = 800 points = 40 bucks.
Oldass non-rare PS1 or lameo PS2 games - 100-300 points. Assuming someone takes them, more than I'd get at any store for trade credit, or on ebay/amazon.
If all your games are worth 100 points, you can trade a bunch of them and a little cash for a new-release game.
You can always review your queue and only request games that are 'worth' in your mind the points they're asking.

Feature request: For games in your request list or library, esp. request list, if the point value changes, how about an automated email notifying of that fact?

I agree with Swetooth. I think that $5 for 100 points is pretty good, especially when I'm basically getting a much of games on here for $5-$7.50 as opposed to the used prices at say EB/GS/GC/etc.

The points system balances itself out.

Now people need to add the game I really want on there (Naruto 3 or 4 for GC). Then I'll be happy. ^_^

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I didn't want to say this here, but I feel that charging 5 bucks for 100 Goozex points is excessive. Especially considering that several games are worth more than 100 points. It's pretty bad for those of us who can't find anyone to trade out their games with.

I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]
You should be sorry. You expect to get new release games for $8-$10? There are some games that have point values that are out of whack with what the game is actually worth, but for the most part, it works pretty well. If anything, 100 points is a little too low for many games, since the person trading the game has to pay shipping. Luckily, the Goozex system rewards people for sending out games (by increasing the number of simultaneous trades you can have) so that encourages people to send out even low points games. That's the main reason I sent out some 100 point games when I was just starting out on the site.

You should also keep in mind that buying points is really more of a service that Goozex provides for people who either don't have any games they want to trade at the moment, or who want to "top off" the points they get from trading so they can get a slightly more expensive game. Most people do not get games by buying points (if they did, nobody would be trading games and there wouldn't be anything to spend the points on...)

And if I'm going to buy an 800 point game for cash, I'll just hunt for it on sale new, or buy used from a B&M where I can check it out myself and have it instantly. I don't see myself paying cash for more than, say, 200 points, either to get little cheap games or to top off.

I am continually perplexed by the point fluctuations...today the culprit is Paper Mario for Cube. A few weeks back it was 300...okay, pretty good, but i still wanted to play it on my Wii. A bit later, I sold my Wii and was ready to list it, but it was down to 250. That was a little low...figured it'd jump back up since it kept getting requested and nobody was adding it. Now it's down to 200, and I certainly won't list it for that. MSRP hasn't changed. As far as I can tell, the demand is going up and there's no supply, yet the points are dropping. Every time I think I have this figured out I get foiled again.

im tired about people crying about pts being too high. if you think the pts or too high or to low then dont list Or buy. Sooner or later the pt system will fix themself.

people seem to forget noone is forcing you to do the trades

[quote name='slidecage']im tired about people crying about pts being too high. if you think the pts or too high or to low then dont list Or buy. Sooner or later the pt system will fix themself.

people seem to forget noone is forcing you to do the trades[/QUOTE]

I entirely agree with you. Yes, some of the points are excessive, especially from a CAG perspective...but that's the game, so to speak. And just like our friend has said, nobody is putting a gun to your head to trade a game for anything less or more than you want. I love the service, and I'm very happy with my experience here. Just as happy here as I am over at GameTZ...and actually more so, as there is more protection placed for both the sender and receiver.

Hey everyone -- hope you all had a good weekend. Let me jump right into the questions.

Caliburn -- you need to leave positive feedback after you PM the seller not to send the game. In the message area please write that you need the trade cancelled and we will have to manually reverse all the points

hey thebob101 -- good to see you again, albeit online...

martin8me -- your account looks fine -- you have 2 games currently being requested by a few people -- who don't have enough points...

dtcarson -- Welcome to Goozex! There will be another contest on CAG soon and I'll throw your username in the raffle.
Lala, the cd service that charges $1.75 has a different cost structure for their business. The pre-paid mailers are based on a standard weight of disc + plastic shell + envelope without much weight variance. Video games on the other hand come in all types of different weights -- think of PC games vs. PS2. And even among console games some games are lighter than others because of the manuals involved. So to have pre-paid envelopes might in fact drive the shipping to a much higher trading fee than you're willing to accept b/c there needs to be a max weight to cover all the different shipping costs -- and just to throw in another problem...lala might have to increase prices in May when the USPS increases postage rates. Didn't mean to go long on the shipping stuff.

The benefit of partnering with GameTZ is that we have complimentary services. GameTZ offers members the chance to really negotiate and barter for games that some people enjoy. On Goozex you let us do all the work and you simply accept trades at our point prices. So for example, I'd say GameTZ is a better site for getting hard to find rare games b/c you can settle on a price that is agreeable to both sides. On Goozex you have a better chance of getting non-rare games at a fair trade in value with less time spent on bartering.

You got the goozex service down except one minor detail -- you get the points up front when you committ to a game -- so you don't have to wait for the feedback.

and yes, Goozex is short for Goods Exchanged!

samnap -- I just sent you an email from feedback regarding your account...you should be able to activate it now -- also...I'd recommend sending us an email and not posting yours on public forums for those spam bots to pick up...

kitsune sniper -- to cancel a service you can email us at feedback @ Gooz and we'll take care of it quickly. If there is anything I can do to help you not do that then please let me know.

tahoemax -- after 7 years I hope to have Goozex exceed with 450 trades! That's a great benchmark...

Hope I got them all...

For the record, I do not want to trade new games; I'm mostly looking for PS1 and PS2 games... and not super popular ones.

I did not mean for this thread to derail in this way. I shouldn't have mentioned that I wasn't satisfied with the way the service works, at least not here. But that is my opinion, either way.

I'll be contacting Goozex's customer support sometime later today. Thanks.

I signed up for Goozex way back at the end of February and finally got my first request, I sent it out today but I'm a little nervous about how long it will take to trade for something I want.

Thanks, Goozex.

I left the positive feedback with an explanation in the comment field. How long until the points are reversed? Thanks!

I registered today at goozex. I was wondering when u guys send ur games what do u guys use fedex, ups , or usps? And how much are the shipping rates?

[quote name='da408boss']I registered today at goozex. I was wondering when u guys send ur games what do u guys use fedex, ups , or usps? And how much are the shipping rates?[/QUOTE]

USPS, and not much. I don't think I've ever sent a game that costs more than maybe $1.70.

[quote name='da408boss']I registered today at goozex. I was wondering when u guys send ur games what do u guys use fedex, ups , or usps? And how much are the shipping rates?[/quote]

USPS first class usually. Media mail for heavier items. UPS and Fedex are too expensive. First class shipping is done by ounces, so DVD type games are usually between $1.50-2.00 (less for ps1, gba games). Media mail is done by the pound, the minimum is $1.59 I think.

I typically send single games in bubble mailers that I buy in bulk. The mailers are $0.54, plus $1.59 for 1st-class shipping...so we're looking at a little over $2 per game. I usually add delivery confirmation for $0.60 if the recipient doesn't have many trades to cover my back on the chance they complain that they never received.

Damn, I've been matched for the same game for almost 2 weeks now (Halo 2), and it seems timing out because the seller won't respond.....

same thing happened with me and Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. I got matched for a few days, then it vanished and hasn't matched again for mebbe 3 weeks. Oh well. The two games I've REALLLLY wanted lately have both matched and shipped just fine, so I'm happy

i want star ocean too :(

i just started last week, got two trade requests i just fulfilled (zelda TP wii, and xenosaga), but none of my requests seem like they want to be filled sadly. someone put etiher god of war 2, shadows of the colossus, or star ocean up plz.

I'm having big problems with my requests timing out over the last week or so... MUCH more than usual. A couple of these were titles that were recently added, bummer.

I have another question. Are the Print Goozex Envelopes even worth using? If u were to send only the game would u put it in a cd case with the game and put 2 stamps?

[quote name='TahoeMax']same thing happened with me and Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. I got matched for a few days, then it vanished and hasn't matched again for mebbe 3 weeks. Oh well. The two games I've REALLLLY wanted lately have both matched and shipped just fine, so I'm happy[/quote]

A match lasts for one day, and if it's matched for three days, the person who has the game is either put at the back of the line, or the game's taken off the active list. I got Star Ocean last year on goozex, to my suprise it was a new copy. Though it was 150 points then.

[quote name='da408boss']I have another question. Are the Print Goozex Envelopes even worth using? If u were to send only the game would u put it in a cd case with the game and put 2 stamps?[/quote]

I hate the goozex envelopes. I've both sent and received broken discs because of them. They aren't designed to put cd cases in there, just the discs. If you send disc only games, you should probably put the disc in a cd case and put that into a bubble mailer. If you do use the Goozex envelope, you can use a 63 cent stamp.

def. a big NO to goozex envelopes...disc i sent out broke in half according to the buyer...never again!

[quote name='forgrim']i want star ocean too :(

i just started last week, got two trade requests i just fulfilled (zelda TP wii, and xenosaga), but none of my requests seem like they want to be filled sadly. someone put etiher god of war 2, shadows of the colossus, or star ocean up plz.[/QUOTE]

im shocked people would part with star ocean for 100 pts

[quote name='da408boss']I have another question. Are the Print Goozex Envelopes even worth using? If u were to send only the game would u put it in a cd case with the game and put 2 stamps?[/QUOTE]

I've mailed about 15 disc only trades with the printed envelope without any problems at all. Perfect feedback on each one. I always use the extra sheet of paper. Maybe I've been lucky so far.

understanding that discs occasionally get broken with our mailers the numbers actually support crawl.

Most of the trades use bubble mailers -- and then broken discs there are really rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back