Same thing as last time, other games.
Goes live sometime during the week of March 16th:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproducts.asp

The following games will be available brand new for the listed point values:

Halo Wars Limited Edition: 2000 pts.

Halo Wars: 1600 pts.

Resident Evil 5: 1600 pts.

Street Fighter IV: 1600 pts.

DaPhatty Edit - I thought this Tidbit was very important for everyone to know. I've traded (what I feel is) a ton of stuff through Goozex yet I don't qualify for this...

Are there limitations in using the service?
Yes. Right now the service is provided with some restrictions. At the moment the following restrictions apply:

* Availability: max number of products sold per month is 50, and each user can only buy one product per month
* Eligibility: only users with their account in good standing are eligible to use the service. In particular users must have a minimum feedback score of 100 and have purchased at least $50 worth of points in the last 60 days; or must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement; or must have completed 10+ trades as seller with positive feedback in the last 60 days.
* Selection: the service is provided only for select products. Each user can purchase a maximum of one copy of each product.

It is Goozex's intention to reduce these restrictions over time, and make it available to everybody and at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all supply and demand. It would take a pretty rare ds game for me to use 1000 points. Most ds games cost $30 max so 1000pts wouldn't be right.

Interesting. I was planning to wait on RE5. I'm sure come fall and the next wave of big holiday titles, there will be some deals. I have enough points (1650!) but I don't know if it's worth it.

[quote name='skubish']It's all supply and demand. It would take a pretty rare ds game for me to use 1000 points. Most ds games cost $30 max so 1000pts wouldn't be right.[/QUOTE]

the point is for guys with inflated points stashes to get rid of some of those points for brand new games...

1600 = $80, which is $20 over what those games cost, but because you can get a lot of points from goozex for games that are otherwise not worth so much, it's a decent deal. so 1000 for a new ds game, as long as you have a crazy stockpile of points, is not horrible.

Yeah, i can justify spending 1600 goozex points rather than $65, but most of my goozex points have come from games that i got as gifts,flipped, or got free from my neighbor.

This is actually kind of cool; it gives me a new game for my goozex points. I have about 6000 points banked and would do this since I haven't really found much I've wanted in the used front.

Maybe I'll pick up RE5.

I think they should do this more often even if the exchange rate is a little lopsided.

[quote name='blackhole82']ah so it's in the blog[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they send out info on it in the monthly newsletters and post it in the blog/forums. I participated in the last one for Killzone 2. It's a good deal.

[quote name='btw1217']Yeah, they send out info on it in the monthly newsletters and post it in the blog/forums. I participated in the last one for Killzone 2. It's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh, is it??? IS IT?!?!?

(...it is...)

I am downright shocked at how many people actually think this is a good deal. 1600points for a new game?? Thats $80 worth of points, wtf are they thinking? 2000points or $100 for Halo wars LE thats retailed at $79. You are basically overpaying by $20 worth of points. This is ridiculous. If selling points at half cost won't bring goozex down yet, this very well might.

[quote name='zenintrude']Oh, is it??? IS IT?!?!?

(...it is...)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='A Few Good Deals']
You want the deal?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE DEAL![/quote]

/corny

[quote name='degenerazn']I am downright shocked at how many people actually think this is a good deal. 1600points for a new game?? Thats $80 worth of points, wtf are they thinking? 2000points or $100 for Halo wars LE thats retailed at $79. You are basically overpaying by $20 worth of points. This is ridiculous. If selling points at half cost won't bring goozex down yet, this very well might.[/QUOTE]

Well not having to pay tax drops it to about $15 over, not to mention that Goozex offers a lot more in points than you could get by selling it for cash. It's relatively easy to flip games for twice their cost in Goozex points. So the educated Goozer can snag one of these games for $30 or less.

[quote name='btw1217']Well not having to pay tax drops it to about $15 over, not to mention that Goozex offers a lot more in points than you could get by selling it for cash. It's relatively easy to flip games for twice their cost in Goozex points. So the educated Goozer can snag one of these games for $30 or less.[/QUOTE]

vs. trading in games to GS for credit toward a new game, this comes out as either a wash or a better deal...

so, yea. if you know how to work the angles on goozex, this is actually not that bad a deal.

and for the idiots who keep posting "dead"... i hate you. RTFOP.

People, people, the deal is not dead. The deal isn't available until the week of March 16th. This was just a heads up of the upcoming offer.

[quote name='degenerazn']I am downright shocked at how many people actually think this is a good deal. 1600points for a new game?? Thats $80 worth of points, wtf are they thinking? 2000points or $100 for Halo wars LE thats retailed at $79. You are basically overpaying by $20 worth of points. This is ridiculous. If selling points at half cost won't bring goozex down yet, this very well might.[/quote]

Let me explain this to you. Many people flip games, like myself and make huge point profits. I currently have over 28k points banked on Goozex from just that. 2k for Halo Wars LE is not a bad deal. I don't want to spend $80 out of pocket, but I'll drop $100 of Goozex points, as I know I've made more of a profit off flips and such than the $20 increase it is in points.

So for you to be shocked is just out of ignorance or naivety. This is also a good way for Goozex to get points OUT of the system from other deals and the initial 100 point signups. Thinking outside the box helps.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Let me explain this to you. Many people flip games, like myself and make huge point profits. I currently have over 28k points banked on Goozex from just that. 2k for Halo Wars LE is not a bad deal. I don't want to spend $80 out of pocket, but I'll drop $100 of Goozex points, as I know I've made more of a profit off flips and such than the $20 increase it is in points.

So for you to be shocked is just out of ignorance or naivety. This is also a good way for Goozex to get points OUT of the system from other deals and the initial 100 point signups. Thinking outside the box helps.[/quote]

28k points!!!.. Oh teach me great master!

[quote name='G-Nitro']Let me explain this to you. Many people flip games, like myself and make huge point profits. I currently have over 28k points banked on Goozex from just that. 2k for Halo Wars LE is not a bad deal. I don't want to spend $80 out of pocket, but I'll drop $100 of Goozex points, as I know I've made more of a profit off flips and such than the $20 increase it is in points.

So for you to be shocked is just out of ignorance or naivety. This is also a good way for Goozex to get points OUT of the system from other deals and the initial 100 point signups. Thinking outside the box helps.[/quote]

Not many people exploit the Goozex system and "flip" games for profit. Most users out there are just common traders who dump their older games for other games. You only represent a very small minority of people who exploit the system. So no, I am not ignorant or naive, I just have a life and would rather just trades games then to go out and rack up 28k points.

[quote name='degenerazn']Not many people exploit the Goozex system and "flip" games for profit. Most users out there are just common traders who dump their older games for other games. You only represent a very small minority of people who exploit the system. So no, I am not ignorant or naive, I just have a life and would rather just trades games then to go out and rack up 28k points.[/QUOTE]

player-haters-ball.jpg

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!

A great deal if you can get a hold of a game you want instead of dumping in 2 games to gamestop plus giving them another $20 even with tax......

[quote name='degenerazn']I am downright shocked at how many people actually think this is a good deal. 1600points for a new game?? Thats $80 worth of points, wtf are they thinking? 2000points or $100 for Halo wars LE thats retailed at $79. You are basically overpaying by $20 worth of points. This is ridiculous. If selling points at half cost won't bring goozex down yet, this very well might.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not ridiculous.

I traded two copies of Endwar when it was worth 900 pts that I got for 19.99 each on FamilyVideo.com. That's 1800. That means that I spent $35.50 on RE5...a GREAT deal if you use Goozex to flip.

[quote name='degenerazn']Not many people exploit the Goozex system and "flip" games for profit. Most users out there are just common traders who dump their older games for other games. You only represent a very small minority of people who exploit the system. So no, I am not ignorant or naive, I just have a life and would rather just trades games then to go out and rack up 28k points.[/quote]

It's not exploiting the system at all. I am helping people get the games they want, while at the same time, making a nice profit in points. Exploiting the system, would be getting points without putting anything or very little into the system. I'm sure you can see in my sig, that I am one of the very established traders, and I have never exploited the Goozex system.

I didn't have anything turn up, but I suck at searching - is there any thread for Goozex trading or flipping?

Its all shit I could potentially look up myself, but it seems a thread would be somewhat useful around here. Although it would make things much more competitive for those of you that already do it.

[quote name='G-Nitro']It's not exploiting the system at all. I am helping people get the games they want, while at the same time, making a nice profit in points. Exploiting the system, would be getting points without putting anything or very little into the system. I'm sure you can see in my sig, that I am one of the very established traders, and I have never exploited the Goozex system.[/QUOTE]

It's not "exploiting" the system but I still think flipping is lame. You're just becoming another middle man in the chain and that doesn't help anyone but you.

[quote name='Aleman']It's not "exploiting" the system but I still think flipping is lame. You're just becoming another middle man in the chain and that doesn't help anyone but you.[/QUOTE]

It helps the people on Goozex who have that game in their Requests.

your post alone contradicts itself... so if you were one that bought the points at half price as you so stated. then that is getting halo Wars LE for $50 , correct me if i am wrong but that then would be a great deal.

[quote name='brighenne']Same thing as last time, other games.[/quote]

Try to be more descriptive in the future, you're assuming that I knew what you were talking about. Had to click on the link to see what it was since I don't know what "last time" is referring to.

To all the people who post that this is not a good deal, you could have picked up 2 of the Red Alert 3 Premiers at Best Buy and send them in new to Goozex people for 800 pts each, thus giving you the necessary 1600 pts and get a new game for $20.00 plus whatever tax you paid at Best Buy. So a new game for $25 bucks or whatever is quite a good deal if you work it right. If you paid full price for all your points this is not the deal for you.

[quote name='Vegan']Try to be more descriptive in the future, you're assuming that I knew what you were talking about. Had to click on the link to see what it was since I don't know what "last time" is referring to.[/quote]

Sorry, I forgot how lazy the internet was. I thought the list of games and their prices would suffice.

[quote name='btw1217']People, people, the deal is not dead. The deal isn't available until the week of March 16th. This was just a heads up of the upcoming offer.[/quote]

Hey, no offense but..
This is Why i thought it was dead... earlier it said this...
Purchase of this product is restricted to Goozex members with an available Point balance in their account to cover the full cost of the product. You need more Goozex points to proceed.

Now it says this...

The Goozex Exchange service is not available at this time. Please come back later.

So thats why I said this is dead.. because first time not enough second time... too late... Hmm seems dead... then bellow that it says next date is march 16.

if they had the LE versions of either SFIV or RE5 I'd be all over this. I will pass I think there are better deals for some of these games though.

Damn wish they had the CE versions of RE5 + SFIV... I'll probably pick up the Halo Wars CE tho since I have TONS of points (not as much as some of the people here but 20k+) just sitting idly...

[quote name='Lethal Lottery']lol that is the worst idea ever since when is ANY game worth 600 points more than usual cause it has not been opened? that is ridiculous.[/quote]

You're also paying to jump to the front of the line. All of these games have a roughly 6 month waiting list and you'll still have to pay 1000 points after that for a used copy. 1600 gets you a new copy right now.

I'm considering doing this because I have 1100 points, so for $25, I could buy another 500 and have a game out of it. Does anyone know if you have to have any trade credits to take advantage of this? The detail page says you "don't have to pay any fees" to get the game.. hmm

bread's done
Back