Goozex up to 50% off points sale

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
Taken from the latest Goozex newletter

Note: 1000 points is typically the points for a new game, so 5000 points would equate to 5 games.

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/shop.asp?code=G

50% OFF SALE!
Gift card: 5000 Goozex points + 20 trade tokens now $135.00
Gift card: 3500 Goozex points + 10 trade tokens now $92.50

30% OFF SALE!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens now $73.50
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points now $70.00

10% OFF SALE!
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens now $49.50
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points now $45.00

Hurry, the sale lasts only from July 17th to August 2nd, 2009.

Goozex also announced they will soon be implementing DVD trading.

I'll let everyone else dissect the merits of goozex, but I love them, even though sometimes you have to wait a while for a game.

[quote name='acyw13']i love goozex, but buying points from them ? im not so sure...[/QUOTE]

I don't blame them for selling points. They offer a great service for trading games, they deserve to make some profit.

[quote name='jling84']Oooh I hope DVD trading includes Blu-Ray. I have so many that I can't sell![/QUOTE]
It will.
[quote name='Goozex']
*Goozex Spoiler Alert**

Goozex is super excited to announce the beta launch of DVD & Blu-Ray trading this summer! Get your stacks of movies that you thought you'd watch over and over again, but really only saw once ready for swapping, Goozex style. The site is giving members the best value for their movies to trade for points. And just like game trading, you just need points and one token to get movies. The points you earn for game trades can be used for DVDs and Blu-Rays, and vice versa.

Look for DVD & Blu-Ray trading to start in August 09! We can’t believe we were able to keep this a secret for so long. Make sure to follow the movie trading discussion in our announcement forum section: http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/42.aspx[/quote]

Actually I like the fact they are selling points, for those ppl who have no games to trade into the pool, this allows them to continue to receive other ppls trades and thus allows me to get rid of my items (hopefully)

I've been using their site for almost a year now and it's seriously such a great way to get extra mileage out of your games. It has saved me tons of money and has allowed me to play and try many games that I normally wouldn't have been able to. The only catch is you need a bit of , as games aren't going to come at you as soon as they release. But the wait is really worth it. If you haven't yet, give the site a try, you won't regret it!

I buy points from them all the time, but not in dollar amounts that high. Yikes. I just keep my account around 200 or 300 points and when someone sends me something I buy another hundred or so to bring my balance back up in case I match another game.

Why are they selling points?

I barely gets games as it is. I've got like 51 games listed at the moment, most of them are very common, and the highest that I'm listed at is at number 3 and it's been sitting like that for 2 months now.

[quote name='Vinny']Why are they selling points?

I barely gets games as it is. I've got like 51 games listed at the moment, most of them are very common, and the highest that I'm listed at is at number 3 and it's been sitting like that for 2 months now.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you're getting I guess. I traded De blob in, FREAKING AWESOME FOR POINTS(600 at the time for me, dropped to 500 last time I checked). The math on that is b1g1 at bbv, so 7.50-20% emp discount+tax+shipping, about 9 bucks for 600 points.

I'm getting Dead Rising, Infinite Undiscovery and Splinter Cell Conviction(with 50 points leftover). I chose disc only for splinter cell and grabbed an extra book/cover from work(lucky, we don't have tons of extras I can take) otherwise I would still be waiting for that to ship as a full package. One has shipped, two are in the process of shipping.

If you get new games though, I wonder if you'll ever actually get them. Just incase I didn't end up buying these(probably will at gs tomorrow) I got in line for valkyria and uncharted and I'm like 160th and 80th respectively, not counting ALL of the people on hold infront of me that could take it off hold and jump back in line.

But then again, it seems pointless to buy those with points unless you REALLY have a lot of extra points, if you traded something like my de blob 10 times. valkyria just "dropped" to 950, but you can get it brand new for 43 from newegg or an average of 24~ in this b2g1 at GS with an edge card.

Gah off topic, ANYWAY, the 50% extra on points is tempting but I just traded for 1600 more points, 1650 total right now, and not a whole lot I want. The $ amount is a little high for me at the moment, but I'm going to look around and see if I would use it because the value is worth it if you want the points.

[quote name='rydawg25']the sale is on their gift cards. can you purchase a gift card and send it to yourself?[/QUOTE]

Yep. We figured that one out quickly last Christmastime when they had a better deal than this one.

The exorbitant (thanks, Dictionary.com) amount of money/points they want for the 50% off this time only seems worthwhile for new system adopters or power-flippers (Dolphins w/guns)

It would have been nice of them if they also did a limited supply of lower-point packages at maybe 40% off. 10% is a joke.

Can't they stop doing this? I'm still swimming in points from their last 50% off sale and I don't want any more of you chumps to lower their value.

Heheheh

I've only just started using Goozex but this doesn't seem like the best way to run their virtual economy.

As others have said, its watering down the value of points and further increasing demand within a marketplace where supply is already greatly behind.

A special period where they give X% extra on trades (without charging more on the receiving end) is a better way to release more points into the market if you ask me, because it'll encourage people to be more willing to part with harder to find and under valued titles. Like right now there is a massive list for Red Faction, so offer a promo where trading in Red Faction gets 1100 points and 2 free tokens instead of 1000 points and 1 token. That person now has more points and more tokens to fuel future deals, and is rewarded for bringing a new title to the trading pool so quickly after release.

Thanks for post op.
151l1259.jpg

It really is a great deal. Although I'm not surprised to see there are still many whiners. I get new games from goozex all the time. I just got Infamous and have Fight Night Round 4 on the way, I'm 8th in line for Call of Juarez.

If you don't want to stock up too high in points, you simply sell your games when done on ebay. I'm selling InFamous already to help pay for the 5000 point giftcard. Ultimately you can sell new games for more than you paid for them in points. You can actually play everything new and make money. You can't get a better deal than that.

I may take them up on the points deals. I have DVDs I want to get rid of, but most probably have such low value that they won't even be listed on goozex. I do have one that might be worth something, though - a criterion collection copy of Time Bandits.

Oh man. I love me some Goozex. Not going to buy these points because I'm at 3K points and 20 trades thanks to their package deals around christmas time. But I always hate reading the posts in these goozex sales threads.

I was going to buy some, but I've had too many emails go answered by them. Their customer service is nil. I'm leaning toward phasing out Goozex.

[quote name='cleaver']I've had too many emails go answered by them.[/QUOTE]

How often do you need to contact them? I'm at 125 trades and have yet need to talk with them. I had a technical question once, so I started a thread in the forum. It was fully answered within 24 hours. Maybe you should use their forums more.

[quote name='Kerig']How often do you need to contact them? I'm at 125 trades and have yet need to talk with them. I had a technical question once, so I started a thread in the forum. It was fully answered within 24 hours. Maybe you should use their forums more.[/QUOTE]
All the times I notice someone has sent me a 1000 point game and like 4 more 1000 point games suddenly after having a feedback of 5 made up of obscure 100 point PC games sent to users who don't exist, which is about every other month, me trying to help them keep costs down by looking out for scammers. Or last week when everybody was kicked out of the BlazBlue Limited Edition PS3 queue. Out of my 400+ transactions you'd think they'd respond to one of my 5-10 questions or concerns; it's not like they get inundated with emails. But they give off the impression of a lack of support, which begs the question why am I paying $1 a trade when they provide nothing? What do I get for this fee? How is this money being put into the product? Why would I recommend this service to someone when I can't explain a tangible service that they provide?
And the one time I posted something in the forum it took me forever to figure out how to change the settings so I didn't get an email everytime someone posted in the same thread as me.

Even with the discount I don't really think buying their points makes sense. I'd rather spend my real cash at Amazon and get the game in two days, as opposed to the long waits at times with Goozex.

I still like Goozex a lot though. It's a great way to get better value for older games that people still covet but that Gamestop and Amazon rip you off on.

Also, I like how cheap you can get some games; their valuation system seems bizarre to me at times. A 1000 points can go a long way if you just spend them wisely.

I love Goozex, I've got over 150 trades completed on Goozex and I've really only had one problem on a 100point game that didn't include the manual when it should have. It's a great service, and it's a great way, with a sale like this, to get lots of great games for super cheap.

BTW Goozex, if you're listening, I signed up for Goozex when you ran that 100 point plus 1 trade CAG deal last year, and you've made a bunch of money off of me. It would make sense to run that deal again to get some new users, I think.

I like the idea of DVD trading, I've been having a hard time getting games I request as of late. I should try and get near the front of the line for Wolfenstein and KOF XII.

goozex is a ridiculous deal at times, a lot of games go for significantly lower value than you can find them used on half.com or amazon, plus you dont have to pay for shipping. i've only started using it, but i've gotten far cry 2 for $10, and gears of war pc for 12.50. the fact that you can straight up just pay for the points instead of waiting to trade your games makes it even better.

CLEAVER:

You have a valid point about their CS lacking, but sending them warning E-mails about shady members might not warrant a response. Maybe they should have an automated response E-mail to at least let us know they received an E-mail.

You lost me at "no tangible service". The service they provide (ability for me to trade games with an enormous amount of users and a guarantee that I'll receive the game or get my points back) is completely different than Customer Service. You can say their CS is intangible on a personal level, but to say they provide no tangible service as a whole is about the same as saying CAG hasn't saved you tons of money over the years: If you can say it, you're doing it wrong.

re: the forum's spam-city E-mail alert, what you're looking for is at the top right of every single page near the title of the thread:
stop.jpg

I was wondering if there is a limit of how many copies of a certain game can you purchase within a month. I looked through the FAQ's and couldn't find an answer. Also can I get baned for buying many copies of the same game.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']I was wondering if there is a limit of how many copies of a certain game can you purchase within a month. I looked through the FAQ's and couldn't find an answer. Also can I get baned for buying many copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

No and nope. Trade and purchase away.

Like I said earlier, Goozex is a GREAT trading site as long as you have some patience, because you're definitely going to have to wait longer to get a game from there than from gamestop or amazon. As for getting new games, it's difficult, but possible. The trick is (this is probably common sense, yet I feel like I'm giving away some secret) to wait on their website for midnight to hit (...apparently central time I just realized) when you are finally allowed to request a newly released game. This is bound to get you high on the list and make your wait less than it would normally be. This worked with Street Fighter IV, as I was able to secure a game from their site within 2 weeks of it being released because enough people decided to trade it away. It was hard to hold off, but saving $65 on a game felt great. I've also been first in line for Killzone2 almost since it's been released, but never bit the bullet. So it is possible to get newly released games from there, it just takes a bit more effort, and once again, patience (and a good memory, I've missed PLENTY of midnight requests cause I simply forgot).

[quote name='PDJ']No and nope. Trade and purchase away.

Like I said earlier, Goozex is a GREAT trading site as long as you have some patience, because you're definitely going to have to wait longer to get a game from there than from gamestop or amazon. As for getting new games, it's difficult, but possible. The trick is (this is probably common sense, yet I feel like I'm giving away some secret) to wait on their website for midnight to hit (...apparently central time I just realized) when you are finally allowed to request a newly released game. This is bound to get you high on the list and make your wait less than it would normally be. This worked with Street Fighter IV, as I was able to secure a game from their site within 2 weeks of it being released because enough people decided to trade it away. It was hard to hold off, but saving $65 on a game felt great. I've also been first in line for Killzone2 almost since it's been released, but never bit the bullet. So it is possible to get newly released games from there, it just takes a bit more effort, and once again, patience (and a good memory, I've missed PLENTY of midnight requests cause I simply forgot).[/QUOTE]

Okay good. Just to clerify, I can't get banned for buying 20 copies of the same game, correct?

It would take a long time to get 20 copies of even a readily available game from goozex. In any case I don't see why they'd care, and if you can get 20 copies of one game there must be plenty to go 'round. Are you aware that you can't just get 20 copies in one go? You have to complete each trade one after the other, and some people are slow to ship....

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Okay good. Just to clerify, I can't get banned for buying 20 copies of the same game, correct?[/QUOTE]

what makes you think that would happen? perhaps that they'd think you're a dealer? seems to me they're happy as long as every transaction is above-board. you could probably go bananas and choke down on a gross of Just Cause if you really wanted to. rather than ban you, i bet they'd tip their hats.

[quote name='crunchewy']It would take a long time to get 20 copies of even a readily available game from goozex. In any case I don't see why they'd care, and if you can get 20 copies of one game there must be plenty to go 'round. Are you aware that you can't just get 20 copies in one go? You have to complete each trade one after the other, and some people are slow to ship....[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about Gears 2, seems like they have a ton of those available.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Okay good. Just to clerify, I can't get banned for buying 20 copies of the same game, correct?[/QUOTE]

They can ban you for whatever reason they want, but this isn't gamestop. As long as the trades go smooth, they could care less if you get 100 copies of GTA4.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']I was thinking about Gears 2, seems like they have a ton of those available.[/QUOTE]

To get the same game 20 times, even if it's consistently available every single time you request it, will probably take you 15-20 weeks. You can NOT request the same game more than once while it's still in your active requests. So until you leave feedback for receiving a working copy(which would be a stupid thing to do early incase you get screwed), you can't get another one. I don't know what you want to do with 20 copies of a game, but it's going to take you months.

[quote name='Vortextk']To get the same game 20 times, even if it's consistently available every single time you request it, will probably take you 15-20 weeks. You can NOT request the same game more than once while it's still in your active requests. So until you leave feedback for receiving a working copy(which would be a stupid thing to do early incase you get screwed), you can't get another one. I don't know what you want to do with 20 copies of a game, but it's going to take you months.[/QUOTE]

Can you have multiple accounts?

I am thinking about signing up for Goozex, but how long does it usually take to get rid of older games? For instance, there probably isn't a ton of demand for PGR 4 or Battlefield: BC right now, would I ever be able to get rid of these games on Goozex or should I bite the bullet and trade them in at Gamestop?

[quote name='rex kwon do']I am thinking about signing up for Goozex, but how long does it usually take to get rid of older games? For instance, there probably isn't a ton of demand for PGR 4 or Battlefield: BC right now, would I ever be able to get rid of these games on Goozex or should I bite the bullet and trade them in at Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

On Goozex you can always look up the trade info for every game just by searching the game. You were correcting on those games not having a ton of demand. I'd try your luck on Goozex for a few days. If you want less now then go to Gamestop. If you don't mind waiting a week or two then use Goozex.

I have about 25 in trade credits left but about 13,000 plus GX pts woot! Thanks for Target, hollywood flipping

In the Goozex newsletter where this deal was announced they also announced that starting in September they would make the Goozex marketplace a permanent thing. So to all the people who are saying these deals will lower the value of points by introducing more points into the system, this is a good way to remove those points, and also speeding up the rate at which you can get your games (although it'll probably be at inflated costs).

They're expanding the marketplace? Awesome.

Thanks to a revival of interests on FF11 grinding stuff I've gotten from Goozex has been piling up, definitely need to try some of them eventually.

I don't really care for Goozex. Sure, you have to buy the points, and I'm fine with that. But every trade costs a trade credit, which costs $1 extra. Meaning that I have to pay them a fee of $1 to use their site and any shipping charges to get rid of a game. When I go to exchange my points for another game, I end up spending $1 for 100 points and buying another trade credit.

It's true that on a 5000 point ($50) game, you would spend $1.50 less to use Goozex. But you still have to wait for it. And buying shit new for retail price is not the CAG way. :p

You don't use trade credits when you're the seller. Only when you're the buyer do you use them.

Also, nothing trades for 5000 points. The cap on trading is 1200 points.

bread's done
Back