Got rear ended, idiot says I cut her off

I've always wondered how much it would cost to install tiny security cameras at like 4 or 8 points around my car. Like a rolling convenience store for such a situation.

At first I thought this was a thread by a CAG well-known for random threads that make one's brain hurt trying to understand what happened.

Looks like we might have a new contender for the title, since I've three pages and have no idea what actually happened.

[quote name='shrike4242']At first I thought this was a thread by a CAG well-known for random threads that make one's brain hurt trying to understand what happened.

Looks like we might have a new contender for the title, since I've three pages and have no idea what actually happened.[/QUOTE]

So who would be the undisputed champeen?

[quote name='sonicsam']If you don't know what happened and can't figure it out when he said it really clearly, my lol goes out to you.[/QUOTE]

No one ever said they can't figure out what happened :roll: you clearly can't read and/or retarded

[quote name='DurbanBrown']so did you see her before you switched lanes? is it possible that maybe you DID cut her off? just asking... not saying this is your fault[/QUOTE]

He states that he was in the same lane as her making the left turn. How would he have cut her off if this were the case? Now if he were lying about the scenario ...

I'd call her witness bluff. Go for it!

[quote name='Seventh']He states that he was in the same lane as her making the left turn. How would he have cut her off if this were the case? Now if he were lying about the scenario ...

I'd call her witness bluff. Go for it![/QUOTE]

yea shes full of shit. i didnt see that u said u both were in the right lane. call her bluff for sure

[quote name='Gannikus']This is what she claims I did

o8dhn9.jpg

She's saying I cut her off and that's how she rear ended me. I was wondering why she would even try to get a witness but what if the witness goes on her side? Will the insurance company side with them?[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, either she would've hit the side of your car as you turned in front of her or you turned in front of her so far in advance that she was only able to clip your bumper, meaning you didn't cut her off.

But, I don't know, I'm no expert at this sort of thing. Insurance adjusters, however, look at this sort of stuff everyday. I would think there would be enough evidence to back up your claims based on the damage of both vehicles, which is going to likely be given more credence than whatever witness she scrounged up.

How can she go after you for anything if a police report wasn't filed? For insurance claims you need a police report (in Florida at least)

Anyways from the pics and your story she is at fault. Really should've gotten that police report so you could have gone after her for damages.

That varies by state. In a lot of states if there's not police report it's just up to the two insurance companies to hash it out with statements from the drivers and any witnesses.

But in that type of case the police report wouldn't have helped him. As all they could note is his statement, the drivers opposite statement, and the witness statement. Hell, could have been worse if the police gave more wait to her side of the story if the witness was independent.

With the crash when my friend was driving last year the police report didn't help since he said one thing and the other driver lied and there were no witnesses. But still good to get a report always as that at least changes the other driver from later changing their story when the insurance calls them.

They tend to only face intersections, and it sounds like he was turnign into a Starbucks mid block.

Plus those generally don't record video like a surveillance camera and just snap photos when a red light is ran. That was something we inquired about with my friends accident in my car last year. Ended up being no cameras on that light anyway, and they said they just snap photos rather than constantly recording and storing footage.

There are a lot of CCTV around my city now that are monitored by a private security company and the city police. But none in that area at the time unfortunately.

Store security cameras in the area might have caught something though if they face that way toward the street.

[quote name='ITDEFX']OP pray there was no traffic camera in that area. Now a days they are everywhere watching everything.[/QUOTE]

Why would OP pray for no traffic cameras? IF a traffic camera was just recording or snapping pictures 24/7, that would actually vindicate OP's claims and discredit the other driver.

[quote name='neocisco']No police report? ALWAYS get a police report if there is any damage at all to your vehicle. Assuming she was in the wrong the officer would have confirmed this and it would have been settled.[/QUOTE]

This.

You have to have to have to have to have to ALWAYS get a police report. My ex-girlfriend was once backing out of a parking spot, got hit from the side by a guy. They exchange information and then the police show up at her door with the guy saying not only did she hit him but that it was a hit and run!

I never let someone go without calling the police.

Also, why are you seeing a chiropractor? The damage looks minimal. I sat as a juror on a case where they were rear-ended, the person admitted fault, they were suing for damages, had way more damage to the car than you did, and they were lucky we gave them their full doctor fees. They were looking for additional money in the suit, fuck that.

[quote name='DestroVega']This.

You have to have to have to have to have to ALWAYS get a police report. My ex-girlfriend was once backing out of a parking spot, got hit from the side by a guy. They exchange information and then the police show up at her door with the guy saying not only did she hit him but that it was a hit and run!

I never let someone go without calling the police.[/QUOTE]

Like it was said time and time again, depends on the state.

When 2 side by side lanes are turning in the same direction, same time of course, the inside lane has the right of way, due to better field of vision. Not saying OP didn't cut the other driver off, just stating what I know.

yeah OP, stick to your story and let the insurance companies sort it out. I would have gotten a police report especially since shes claiming far worse damages, mentioning a police report is a great way to scare them off. I had that happen a couple years ago, woman backed into me in a parking lot (no damage to me, some to her car)and tried to make it sound like my fault, as soon as I suggested calling the police to get an accident report she clammed right up.

ummm If the damage is done to your RIGHT SIDE when your turning RIGHT its almost 100% you cut them off.. i mean if they rear ended you the damage would of been done to the LEFT hand side (where you ass of the car was still sticking out in the road )

o by the way ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS GET A POLICE REPORT...

someone came though a stop sign backwards and Hit the RIGHT hand side of my car back in FEB 2010 They get out and they Admitted They ran the stop sign backwards and Admitted it was their fault .

So we called the cops... Cop came out and they said If I was you two i would just get each other info and let the insurance company work it out cause it looks like there is less then 1000 bucks damage... I said No i Want a report...So i forced them to do it... I take me car in and there was damage done under the car and the bill was almost 3,000....

the other person insurance company paid it all BUT said I was damn lucky i had a police report cause

IF I DID NOT HAVE IT THEY WOULD OF NEVER PAID IT and WOULD OF TAKEN IT ALL THE WAY TO COURT

but it does look like you cut them off ( BY THE WAY IT WASNT A BIG FAT WOMEN WAS IT ) last week i went into a gas station and this fat ass bitch driving a piece of shit yellow car comes flying up to me and says i was BRAKE CHECKING THEM ALL THE Way down the road and she should get out of her car and slap me across my stupid fucking head.... Said go ahead and do it and i sue your fat ass so badly you could not longer afford all the cupcakes she shoves in her fat ass mouth.... She gives me the finger speeds away almost slamming into another car .... worker walks out and said the same lady has been pulling the same stunt for the last 3 weeks

O by the way just to let you know you said . I got an appointment with an attorney... EVEN IF it comes down to the lady fault Expect to pay that ATTORNEY yourself your never going to make that lady pay your ATTORNEY BILL cause you are the one who went to them (just a heads uP)

It's not a thread until slidecage comes in and comments without reading the whole thread and spreading wrong info because that's how it allegedly happened to him. For example, OP said he has a contingency fee arrangement with his attorney. It's likely if the OP's attorney doesn't win the case, the OP's attorney likely gets nothing. But it all depends on the exact terms of that contingency fee arrangement and what OP's state law allows for such contingency fee arrangements.

[quote name='thegreek']When 2 side by side lanes are turning in the same direction, same time of course, the inside lane has the right of way, due to better field of vision. Not saying OP didn't cut the other driver off, just stating what I know.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "the right of way?"

According to OP's diagram, if accurate, it was a double left turn lane onto a road with two lanes going that direction. That means everyone has to finish their turn in the lane you began in. If there were more lanes in that direction, it depends on the state. In some states, the lane closest to the edge has to finish their turn in the lane closest to the edge and the other turn lane can finish their turn in any of the other lanes. Its the opposite in other states.

[quote name='slidecage']ummm If the damage is done to your RIGHT SIDE when your turning RIGHT its almost 100% you cut them off.. i mean if they rear ended you the damage would of been done to the LEFT hand side (where you ass of the car was still sticking out in the road )[/QUOTE]

I thought you lived in Arizona, and not England. That, and or you're from wonderland. Say hi to Cheshire Cat for me.

[quote name='kodave']It's not a thread until slidecage comes in and comments without reading the whole thread and spreading wrong info because that's how it allegedly happened to him. For example, OP said he has a contingency fee arrangement with his attorney. It's likely if the OP's attorney doesn't win the case, the OP's attorney likely gets nothing. But it all depends on the exact terms of that contingency fee arrangement and what OP's state law allows for such contingency fee arrangements.

According to OP's diagram, if accurate, it was a double left turn lane onto a road with two lanes going that direction. That means everyone has to finish their turn in the lane you began in. If there were more lanes in that direction, it depends on the state. In some states, the lane closest to the edge has to finish their turn in the lane closest to the edge and the other turn lane can finish their turn in any of the other lanes. Its the opposite in other states.[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting someone to take this case on as a contingency fee only win case ... even if they WIN . They are the one who got the person the lady never told them to get one so even if they win the FEES will come out of his cash the women will never have to pay it

no police report = there is no way either one of you are going to win the case if you do go to court 99.9% chance they will call it it a WASH (where each pays for their own car)

the cat said STOP CALLING THEM :)

[quote name='slidecage']

but it does look like you cut them off ( BY THE WAY IT WASNT A BIG FAT WOMEN WAS IT ) last week i went into a gas station and this fat ass bitch driving a piece of shit yellow car comes flying up to me and says i was BRAKE CHECKING THEM ALL THE Way down the road and she should get out of her car and slap me across my stupid fucking head.... Said go ahead and do it and i sue your fat ass so badly you could not longer afford all the cupcakes she shoves in her fat ass mouth.... She gives me the finger speeds away almost slamming into another car .... worker walks out and said the same lady has been pulling the same stunt for the last 3 weeks

[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='slidecage']Good luck getting someone to take this case on as a contingency fee only win case ... even if they WIN . They are the one who got the person the lady never told them to get one so even if they win the FEES will come out of his cash the women will never have to pay it

no police report = there is no way either one of you are going to win the case if you do go to court 99.9% chance they will call it it a WASH (where each pays for their own car)

the cat said STOP CALLING THEM :)[/QUOTE]

. . .

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

[quote name='slidecage']Good luck getting someone to take this case on as a contingency fee only win case ... even if they WIN . They are the one who got the person the lady never told them to get one so even if they win the FEES will come out of his cash the women will never have to pay it

the cat said STOP CALLING THEM :)[/QUOTE]

michael-cole-gongs-nxt-o.gif

OP, i think we are going to need a dramatic re-enactment of what occurred that day in form of poorly drawn Paint images.

Consider this a preliminary hearing. If you can convince the fine citizens of CAG, (such as Slidecage), of your guilt free incident, then you my friend, have nothing to worry about.

You may take the stand.

[quote name='kodave']It's not a thread until slidecage comes in and comments without reading the whole thread and spreading wrong info because that's how it allegedly happened to him. For example, OP said he has a contingency fee arrangement with his attorney. It's likely if the OP's attorney doesn't win the case, the OP's attorney likely gets nothing. But it all depends on the exact terms of that contingency fee arrangement and what OP's state law allows for such contingency fee arrangements.

According to OP's diagram, if accurate, it was a double left turn lane onto a road with two lanes going that direction. That means everyone has to finish their turn in the lane you began in. If there were more lanes in that direction, it depends on the state. In some states, the lane closest to the edge has to finish their turn in the lane closest to the edge and the other turn lane can finish their turn in any of the other lanes. Its the opposite in other states.[/QUOTE]

^This

If there's 2 lanes making a left, all the cars have to finish where they started like he said. And yes if they don't win the case, the attorneys also get nothing

[quote name='Tronny']What about glitter in her pooper?[/QUOTE]

Thats been done...they called it Twilight.

Why didn't you enter the correct turning lane to begin with so you didn't have to make that immediate right turn into Starbucks?

[quote name='Rodimus']Why didn't you enter the correct turning lane to begin with so you didn't have to make that immediate right turn into Starbucks?[/QUOTE]

He's saying that's what SHE claims, not what he did.

I'm waiting for OP to post a diagram of what he actually did.

OP was unclear at first but it's not that hard...

Here is the road, more or less:
9NsLB.png

Here is what OP says happened:
FIvt6.png

Here is what the other driver says happened:
qFT38.png

Well 90% the car that rear-ended the other car is at blame. I dunno how it will work if she has a witness but lol this thread is outta control.

[quote name='kodave']OP was unclear at first but it's not that hard...

Here is the road, more or less:
9NsLB.png

Here is what OP says happened:
FIvt6.png

Here is what the other driver says happened:
qFT38.png
[/QUOTE]

my head hurts

as long as OP was in the same right lane as the woman, his story will hold true.

Luckily for him, being in the same lane is pretty black and white. There's no gray. Now, the question is whether there's any photo or video.

kodave - nicely done. Now anyone who just skims the thread won't think the OPs diagram is what he did.

[quote name='confoosious']as long as OP was in the same right lane as the woman, his story will hold true.

Luckily for him, being in the same lane is pretty black and white. There's no gray. Now, the question is whether there's any photo or video.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the woman says she has a witness that backs-up her side of the story. But there's really nothing the OP can do about that... he's just got to tell his side. Nothing he can do if 2 people are going to lie. (I'm also a firm believer of getting a police report because it captures everyone's story at the time it happened AND I think people are less likely to lie about it to a cop.)

I once stopped at a RR crossing behind a SUV. The SUV backed-up into me (I guess because he thought he was too close to the tracks and he didn't see me. When the cop came, he said "Looks like someone stopped and someone didn't" meaning I rear ended him. I said "Actually we both stopped. Someone backed up." The cop looks at the kid and says incredulously "You backed into him?" and the kids said "Yes". Even the cop had presumed my guilt... I was fortunate that the kid didn't lie to the cop.

i find it sort of funny this lady has a witness yet the OP didnt take the time to find out who the witness is or to even talk to the witness when it happen...

someone slams into you, jUmps out and says you cut me off and I HAVE A WITNESS

yet you dont take the time to ask where is this so called witness or even take the time to talk to the witness ... (maybe you did but i didnt see it)

Hell the lady could lie and go to one of her friends and go go with this story i make up and give you 200 bucks cause this kid is going to owe me 1000s to repair my car.

Did you even take pictures of her car? if not strike number 2 cause if she can lie about a witness she could go home and start wacking her car with a hammer to make up more damage

LOL WACKING

should of called the cops cause even if she Loses she could say all the damage was already done and that she didnt do it... You have no proof how much of the wreck was her doing (unless you got pictures of your car before the wreck) and belive me there are sob out there who will claim the damage was already on your car

man i been in too many wreck over the years (like 7 in the past 10 ) all their fault (could of been in 12 to 15 if i didnt move to avoid them slamming into me)

the best one is a women in a van decided to put their car in reverse sitting a light and drove over the top of my car up to the windsheild of the car what was shocking it did no damage to my car but that had to be one of the crazy ones :) (said she wanted in the other lane and didnt look to see if anyone was behind her)

Thanks for the diagram kodave, that's exactly what happened and that's also what she claims. Well my attorney didn't really say they got a witness, it was just I seen her passenger get a witnesses phone number. It's possible the witness isn't even gonna help.

If there's no evidence from Traffic cameras what do you think the insurance company's will decide?

[quote name='slidecage']
man i been in too many wreck over the years (like 7 in the past 10 ) all their fault
[/QUOTE]

is anyone here shocked by this? raise your hand.

no? no one?

[quote name='Gannikus']Thanks for the diagram kodave, that's exactly what happened and that's also what she claims. Well my attorney didn't really say they got a witness, it was just I seen her passenger get a witnesses phone number. It's possible the witness isn't even gonna help.

If there's no evidence from Traffic cameras what do you think the insurance company's will decide?[/QUOTE]

Without any witnesses (assume they don't have one) or evidence, and the two drivers telling opposite stories, it will most likely end up like my case from last summer.

Your insurance will pay for your repairs, her insurance will pay for hers, and it should go down as a no fault accident and not lead in increased premiums.

Not much they can do in these kind of he said/she said cases with no witnesses or evidence to prove who's telling the truth.

If the lady actually had the amount of damage that you said she did, and she did not insist on having an officer come out and check the damage, I think it is clear she knows she was at fault. Just keep sticking to your story, and let her try and come after you in court. I wouldn't even have bothered with the attorney, but if it gives you piece of mind then that's fine. As long as you are not the one lying, you shouldn't feel nervous in court, if it comes to that. Likely her lies or her witness's lies will show.

[quote name='confoosious']is anyone here shocked by this? raise your hand.

no? no one?[/QUOTE]

last 3 was people driving backwards in the wrong lane running stop signs LOL

[quote name='slidecage']last 3 was people driving backwards in the wrong lane running stop signs LOL[/QUOTE]

you apparently live in a cartoon universe.

I wonder what slidecage's insurance rates are like. Fault or not at fault, 7 accidents over 10 years is going to raise your rates.

[quote name='kodave']I wonder what slidecage's insurance rates are like. Fault or not at fault, 7 accidents over 10 years is going to raise your rates.[/QUOTE]

only like i think 295 for 6 months rates never went up...

bread's done
Back