Goverrnment Shutdown 2013: The Obamapocalypse is here! :(

Ha Ha!!!! suckers

All those already lazy gov't employees who are so over paid, now out of the job will get back pay when the gov't finally pass a bill...

Free vacation time + back pay = gotta love gov't jobs!!!!

Saw this post and it reminded me of this thread:

President Glitch's signature legislation is running so smoothly - just a list of some of the headlines around the country:

For $634,320,919 dollars of taxpayer money we get:

Obamacare website cost more than FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN, INSTAGRAM...

'How can we tax people for not buying a product from a website that doesn't work?'

Major insurers, Dem allies repeatedly warned Obama admin...

REPORT: WH knew site might not be ready...

POLL: Just 1 in 10 report success...

DNC head says site designed for 50,000 max...

Once you get in, you can't get out...

Crazzzzzzzy code...

'It looks like nobody tested it'...

WASHPOST: Not code, but 'outdated, costly, buggy technology'...

WH won't release numbers of enrolees,,horror stories copping up by the day,,,and the security issues haven't even hit their stride yet.

But delaying it year is a definite NO! (and why? politics)

Also I agree with Finger Shocker, we are gonna pay back pay to people who didn't actually have to work? Nice shutdown, gov't. :roll:
  •  

Terms limits wouldn't matter and are just a red herring. All you'd have is a different asshole that did the same shit as the previous asshole. I'd argue that taking money out of politics is more important than having a revolving door of different goons.
I disagree. I think you will still get a pool of assholes running, but they won't become institutions like the old fuckwads we have now. And if you elected a loser to the Senate, and they got 8yrs total to fill a seat, then they don't have enough time to create that legacy of uselessness. They'd be an equivalent to a bad two term President (which we've had in the past few cycles). But as you mention, money is the big thing. If you only have 8yrs to be in office, you can try to get as much money, lobbyist support and bullshit as you can in a small amount of time, but you at least need to go out and try to build those alliances, and work for you money. As it goes now, the lobbyist buys you early on, and has a voice for the next 40 years through you.

If 9/10 people who run for federal office positions are horrible pieces of shit, which I would argue they are, you would have to go through more of them each election, which means you've got a better chance of finding that one gem. I think there would be HUGE value in requiring high turnover in Congress. It would force more of them to actually work in the private sector after their political careers are over. There are so many advantages. It can't possibly be worse, and it has a chance to be slightly better.

Imagine a world where Harry Reid and John McCain haven't been in public office for all or most of your life?

I disagree. I think you will still get a pool of assholes running, but they won't become institutions like the old fuckwads we have now. And if you elected a loser to the Senate, and they got 8yrs total to fill a seat, then they don't have enough time to create that legacy of uselessness. They'd be an equivalent to a bad two term President (which we've had in the past few cycles). But as you mention, money is the big thing. If you only have 8yrs to be in office, you can try to get as much money, lobbyist support and bullshit as you can in a small amount of time, but you at least need to go out and try to build those alliances, and work for you money. As it goes now, the lobbyist buys you early on, and has a voice for the next 40 years through you.

If 9/10 people who run for federal office positions are horrible pieces of shit, which I would argue they are, you would have to go through more of them each election, which means you've got a better chance of finding that one gem. I think there would be HUGE value in requiring high turnover in Congress. It would force more of them to actually work in the private sector after their political careers are over. There are so many advantages. It can't possibly be worse, and it has a chance to be slightly better.

Imagine a world where Harry Reid and John McCain haven't been in public office for all or most of your life?
"All" it takes is a Constitutional Amendment. Good luck.

"All" it takes is a Constitutional Amendment. Good luck.
Oh, I get it. We would need to rely on Congress to vote themselves out of job security, which will never happen. But if it could, I think the worst outcome would be status quo in terms of quality of representation, and the best would be an improvement. It will never happen, but to me, serving in Congress should not be a lifelong career.

Looks like it has conditions to me.  They want to negotiate around the only the shutdown and not the debt ceiling.  They've let one hostage go and want to talk about the other one.  They should continue to go fuck themselves while we continue to shit on them.

Looks like it has conditions to me. They want to negotiate around the only the shutdown and not the debt ceiling. They've let one hostage go and want to talk about the other one. They should continue to go fuck themselves while we continue to shit on them.
I'm actually pretty happy about this. It's the most reasonable thing they've done in years. The budgeting process is how you adjust spending if you are unhappy with it. Defaulting on the country's debt should never be a possibility.

Again, what's the difference between a corporation/industry owning 1 guy for 40 years and a possible 20 guys for 40 years? The 20 guys because the corporate/industrial lobby STILL pays for them. More "choices" only changes the player; not the game.

There will never be that magical unicorn of a candidate because it's not what the system is made to allow and it never was.

Well, the "compromise" just means that we're going to go through the same thing again in 6 weeks. It's almost routine at this point, which it shouldn't be.
Well no. Right now there's a government shutdown because there is no budget and there is a debt ceiling issue. 6 weeks gives them time to focus on the budget then the debt ceiling again later instead of both at once.

Well no. Right now there's a government shutdown because there is no budget and there is a debt ceiling issue. 6 weeks gives them time to focus on the budget then the debt ceiling again later instead of both at once.
I didn't mean that we're going to go through another shutdown, but that we're going to have the same bullshit about Obamacare and debt ceiling fight that we've had every time it needed to be raised(and over the shitdown). We're already operating on a the sequester, which the conservatives wanted and we're starting to feel the longer term effects of it slowly trickling through the system.

Serious question, what makes you think that the next discussion over the debt ceiling will be different from the others?

Last edited by a moderator:
The way these discussions seem to go is they bullshit for 5 1/2 weeks, saying they are serious. The last couple of days they're like c'mon guys, we're really serious about you needing to negotiate, then when it's due or past due they're like "well I guess we should start negotiating"

I think people are forgetting that the ACA was the compromise. It's a long way from what Obama and a lot dems wanted, universal healthcare. 

One of the issues I've had with the expansion of the Federal Government over state and local government is, if the Federal Government ceases to exist, then everyone is ****ing screwed.

Sit back and blame Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum as much as you want - but, in reality, you only have yourselves to blame for the damage done by this shutdown.

Well that didn't last long. The House and Obama are happy with it but Reid is refusing to go along.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2013/10/10/boehner-seek-short-term-hike-debt-ceiling/MriDpRtRS9UWPngHdVvPVK/story.html
Can't say I'm surprised. Reid is probably still pissed off about Boehner reneg'ing the deal they had (and then calling Reid a liar when Reid said they already had a deal). If I were Reid, I wouldn't trust a single word out of Boehner's mouth. Does Boehner even have the authority to negotiate and deliver votes for that negotiation?

Say fucking who? Him?

Torching the Senate leader alive turns out not to be an effective political strategy. Who knew?

Again, what's the difference between a corporation/industry owning 1 guy for 40 years and a possible 20 guys for 40 years? The 20 guys because the corporate/industrial lobby STILL pays for them. More "choices" only changes the player; not the game.

There will never be that magical unicorn of a candidate because it's not what the system is made to allow and it never was.
The difference is that one scenario has the opportunity that the new guy can't be bought. At the very least, the lobbyists need to spend more after every term to ensure that they can own the new guy, court them, and create a new relationship. It makes them get a new mistress every 4-8 years rather than have a booty call on speed dial for life. That is a HUGE change. And I agree, there will never be a magical candidate, but if you have higher turnover, you've got a better chance of at least finding an improvement.

I think most people would agree that the vast majority of Congress are self serving assholes, so if you make the vast majority shake it up every so often, that breaks down GENERATIONAL representation. Again, I can't fathom how it's a positive thing, to have people serve in Congress for over 30 years. They are an institution at that point, not a representative.

"in reality, you only have yourselves to blame for the damage done by this shutdown."

In who's reality?  The districts are so gerrymandered in favor of republicans in the house that people forget they LOST the last popular vote 46% to 54%, but most of their seats are secure.  These people didn't get voted in.  They lost and got gerrymandered in.  Then the party that controls one half of one part of congress (that they shouldn't) is trying to run the country their way when they LOST.  They've voted to repeal Obamacare 40 or so odd times and failed.  The Supreme Court ruled it constitutional.  The republicans are whiny, spoiled rich kids who are wanting to take their ball and go home, but the weird part is, it's not even their f***ing ball to take!  I'll grant that a lot of voters are misinformed, but to blame people who didn't draw the districts is ridiculous. I don't even vote in my area of TN, because republicans have locked up the vote here and a democrat hasn't held it in decades.  

"in reality, you only have yourselves to blame for the damage done by this shutdown."

In who's reality? The districts are so gerrymandered in favor of republicans in the house that people forget they LOST the last popular vote 46% to 54%, but most of their seats are secure. These people didn't get voted in. They lost and got gerrymandered in. Then the party that controls one half of one part of congress (that they shouldn't) is trying to run the country their way when they LOST. They've voted to repeal Obamacare 40 or so odd times and failed. The Supreme Court ruled it constitutional. The republicans are whiny, spoiled rich kids who are wanting to take their ball and go home, but the weird part is, it's not even their f***ing ball to take! I'll grant that a lot of voters are misinformed, but to blame people who didn't draw the districts is ridiculous. I don't even vote in my area of TN, because republicans have locked up the vote here and a democrat hasn't held it in decades.
Gerrymandering works both ways. Don't be that naïve.

Why is it just accepted the new guys
couldnt just be bought also?
I haven't said that at all. Each time I've said that is exactly what might happen, but if you've got a wife, you can get fat and lazy. Not take her out on dates very often. You did all the work in the dating phase. If you have to date all over again every 4-8 years, at least you have to spend more money, more time, and more effort to woo these new prospects. If you need to woo 10 people over 40 years, versus 1 person over 40 years, the chances of somebody not being impressed with you are obviously higher when it's 10 people that need to be considered.

Hey, the shady lobbyist purchased politicians process may end up being the exact same, but at least the scenario of new blood in there every 4-8 years means you have a chance for things to be different. I'm way more eager to have a chance at something positive, rather than know for a fact that nothing positive will happen.

Come Tuesday we'll have gone 61 months without the GOP wrecking the economy and I say bravo. Deregulation of banks let them dress up securities as AAA and they've somehow resisted the temptation to make my property and savings take another 30% haircut until now, because heaven forbid Johnny Emo can see a psychiatrist for the cost of a copay when he gets out of college so he doesn't shoot me at Batman vs Superman. Oh no, we can't have any discussion whatsoever about making assault rifles or high capacity clips harder to obtain, we need to fix all mental problems by Americans first, so we try to make that a tad easier for people oh wait it's a black guys idea? Lets nuke the economy instead. The first words out of Romneys mouth when asked the first thing he'd do when elected president every God Damn time was "The first thing I'll do is repeal Obamacare." Every time. He loses by 120 electoral votes, the law gets passed, challenged in the Supreme Court, but no because big government bad. How intellectually lazy are these people? These are the same people who name their kids and dogs after Ayn Rand characters. The descendants of the people who fought for the South in the Civil War so that like 10% of the people in those states could own slaves. So when the Dow drops to 12k on Thursday because apparently the representatives of places like Utah and Texas (states known for their down the middle views representative of average Americans) have earned the right to call the shots for all Americans I'll just be thankful for the period of sanity we got.

So let me get this straight, the World War 2 memorial is closed just like everything else because of the government shutdown and a few people (Republican activists) are stupid enough to believe that Obama "decided" to close the national parks?  No they're not stupid but they're counting on the public being stupid, just like with all that anti-Obama shit they spouted during the elections (he's not American, he's Muslim (why does this even matter?), he's going to take the guns, he's going to declare martial law, etc). 

Now we've got people calling for impeachment of the first black President while waving confederate flags.  They aren't even trying to hide the racism.

1381698949253.cached.jpg

And another

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/06/29/totally-not-racist-man-takes-down-confederate-flag-replaces-it-with-nazi-flag-until-obama-is-impeached-resigns/

Nazi_flag-350x196.jpg

Meanwhile, the Chinese "envy" the shutdown.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101109056

Now we've got people calling for impeachment of the first black President while waving confederate flags. They aren't even trying to hide the racism.

1381698949253.cached.jpg

And another

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/06/29/totally-not-racist-man-takes-down-confederate-flag-replaces-it-with-nazi-flag-until-obama-is-impeached-resigns/

Nazi_flag-350x196.jpg

Meanwhile, the Chinese "envy" the shutdown.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101109056
People like you irritate me.

First of all, the Confederate flag is NOT a symbol of racism. It's a symbol of Southern pride (No different than the rainbow flag is to the gays.) and it's also a symbol of rebellion. (Which is why it's called the "rebel" flag, too.) The fact that there was slavery in the South at the same time as the flag does NOT mean it's a symbol of racism. A symbol of racism would be the KKK's "burning cross" flag, such as this one.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/u/us%7Dkkk.gif

Second of all, he can wave it if he wants. Remember that First Amendment thing that they taught you in school? That applies to him, too. Especially to him, since he's also a veteran who's waving a USMC flag.

The Nazi flag, although I disagree with it and would like to see it taken down, is also in the same category. First Amendment rights.

Get an education before opening your f***ing mouth.

First of all, the Confederate flag is NOT a symbol of racism. It's a symbol of Southern pride (No different than the rainbow flag is to the gays.) and it's also a symbol of rebellion. (Which is why it's called the "rebel" flag, too.) The fact that there was slavery in the South at the same time as the flag does NOT mean it's a symbol of racism. A symbol of racism would be the KKK's "burning cross" flag, such as this one.

Second of all, he can wave it if he wants. Remember that First Amendment thing that they taught you in school? That applies to him, too. Especially to him, since he's also a veteran who's waving a USMC flag.

The Nazi flag, although I disagree with it and would like to see it taken down, is also in the same category. First Amendment rights.

You might believe that's what it means to *you* but that's not what it means to everyone else. We don't need to go into a history lesson here, everyone knows what the south was trying to keep going. Oh I'm sure it was allll about states rights which is why they left the union right after Lincoln was elected. I'm sure the confederate states of america were going to free the slaves. Even if you were right (you're not), the meanings of things can change over time. It happens all the time, look at the political party's. I wonder why these guys have a confederate flag next to theirs?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/kkk-rally-government-shutdown_n_4059498.html

Not only do these tea baggers hate that there's a black President, they also hate Muslims. First off, he isn't Muslim. Second, if he was, why the hell does that matter? Why didn't they say "put the bible down"? Gee I wonder. Xenophobia.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/13/d_c_protestors_wave_confederate_flag_tell_obama_to_put_the_quran_down/

So let me get this straight, the World War 2 memorial is closed just like everything else because of the government shutdown and a few people (Republican activists) are stupid enough to believe that Obama "decided" to close the national parks? No they're not stupid but they're counting on the public being stupid, just like with all that anti-Obama shit they spouted during the elections (he's not American, he's Muslim (why does this even matter?), he's going to take the guns, he's going to declare martial law, etc).

Now we've got people calling for impeachment of the first black President while waving confederate flags. They aren't even trying to hide the racism.
It's more than a few. I live right outside an army base and 90% of the people in this town and on base believe that Obama closed all parks and the WWII memorial just to spite the veterans and citizens of the USA. It's fucking crazy.

You might believe that's what it means to *you* but that's not what it means to everyone else. We don't need to go into a history lesson here, everyone knows what the south was trying to keep going. Oh I'm sure it was allll about states rights which is why they left the union right after Lincoln was elected. I'm sure the confederate states of america were going to free the slaves. Even if you were right (you're not), the meanings of things can change over time. It happens all the time, look at the political party's. I wonder why these guys have a confederate flag next to theirs?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/kkk-rally-government-shutdown_n_4059498.html

Not only do these tea baggers hate that there's a black President, they also hate Muslims. First off, he isn't Muslim. Second, if he was, why the hell does that matter? Why didn't they say "put the bible down"? Gee I wonder. Xenophobia.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/13/d_c_protestors_wave_confederate_flag_tell_obama_to_put_the_quran_down/
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA.......the US gov't thrives on misinformed citizens voting party lines over meaningless, trivial differences. The Left is just as guilty, if not more so, than the Right. The true heart of the Tea Party is people who are fiscal conservatives that can't stand to see how out of control gov't spending is. Racists idiots are on the fringe of both parties, stereotyping a whole group as such is dishonest and goofy.

What a great country we could be if everyone was well informed or at least truly cared what was happening in Washington. We have become too comfortable and lazy.

It's more than a few. I live right outside an army base and 90% of the people in this town and on base believe that Obama closed all parks and the WWII memorial just to spite the veterans and citizens of the USA. It's fucking crazy.
Thats what happens when all they have is muscles... and possible inbreeding

LOL!!!! cause those southerners were so fighting for a "just" cause :/

That damn Confederate flag was sure a symbol of those "freedom" fighters... I guess it meant freedom to the white men while enslavement of the colored ones.... :roll:

LOL!!!! cause those southerners were so fighting for a "just" cause :/

That damn Confederate flag was sure a symbol of those "freedom" fighters... I guess it meant freedom to the white men while enslavement of the colored ones.... :roll:
Yes, they were. The Civil War was fought not over slavery, despite what YOU may think. It was a war because the South seceded from the Union. The Union didn't like it, so they waged war against the South. Ever wonder why there's 13 white stars on the confederate flag? Probably not. Too much thinking for you, more than likely. You just do whatever everyone tells you, right?

There are 13 Confederate states; Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Missouri. One star for each flag. These were the states of the C.S.A. and their flag was, as you idiots call it, "the racist flag". Southerners fly this flag because it's a symbol of rebellion and independence.

Oh, and as for the "enslavement of the colored ones", not every Confederate citizen/soldier had slaves. For example, Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Joseph E. Johnston owned not a single slave nor did they believe in slavery. Also, there was slavery in the North, too. Maryland, for example, had slaves.

Now go get an education before you hurt yourself.

Yes, they were. The Civil War was fought not over slavery, despite what YOU may think. It was a war because the South seceded from the Union. The Union didn't like it, so they waged war against the South. Ever wonder why there's 13 white stars on the confederate flag? Probably not. Too much thinking for you, more than likely. You just do whatever everyone tells you, right?

There are 13 Confederate states; Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Missouri. One star for each flag. These were the states of the C.S.A. and their flag was, as you idiots call it, "the racist flag". Southerners fly this flag because it's a symbol of rebellion and independence.

Oh, and as for the "enslavement of the colored ones", not every Confederate citizen/soldier had slaves. For example, Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Joseph E. Johnston owned not a single slave nor did they believe in slavery. Also, there was slavery in the North, too. Maryland, for example, had slaves.

Now go get an education before you hurt yourself.
Yep buddy, and the Nazi flag is actually a Hindu symbol of peace. People don't fly that flag to remember the civil war, they do it to be racist, antagonizing assholes. The other part of that story you conveniently left out is that even though it was fought over secession, the reason for their secession was slavery.

That's the KKK. They're idiots. They use the flag because they also have Southern pride. They link their BS beliefs to racism. It's stupid and the fact that they made that connection is bullsh*t. I totally agree with you on that. I don't think the Southern flag should have any connection to the KKK.

Yep buddy, and the Nazi flag is actually a Hindu symbol of peace. People don't fly that flag to remember the civil war, they do it to be racist, antagonizing assholes. The other part of that story you conveniently left out is that even though it was fought over secession, the reason for their secession was slavery.
LOL!!!!

... oh, wait. You're serious.

Well, here. This oughta make you seem less stupid.

http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/civilwar/south.htm

Yah, I'm actually against people displaying the Confederate Flag because people do it to be antagonizing assholes, as you accurately note, but Lincoln once said "If I could save the Union without freeing a single slave, by God I would do it." Slavery was a factor, but it was not the sole, or even main purpose for going to war. It was all economics. People like to overlook this and Lincoln's quote, when calling him the great Emancipator.

Yah, I'm actually against people displaying the Confederate Flag because people do it to be antagonizing assholes, as you accurately note, but Lincoln once said "If I could save the Union without freeing a single slave, by God I would do it." Slavery was a factor, but it was not the sole, or even main purpose for going to war. It was all economics. People like to overlook this and Lincoln's quote, when calling him the great Emancipator.
All true, but the economy of the South was based on slavery. Without it, the whole thing collapses. It was so important that there are parts of their constitution that explicitly state that it can't outlaw slavery. Maybe the founders of the CSA were cynically using racism, but I highly doubt it. It's like saying Michelle Bachmann doesn't believe a lick of what comes out of her mouth.

Personally, I feel like Lincoln is doing a little politiking/pandering in that quote(I'm sure I'm not the only one either), but he had no love for slavery.

hooooooooooo buddy. 

Also,

It was slavery. You show me a facet of America in tension at the time, and I'll describe how it was slavery that poisoned the well. Economics of slavery was front and center. Can't go to a free state because you'll lose your property. And with entire states and regions having capital holders literally own labor without constraint, well, yea, you can't really think American economics without slavery. Imagine what that does to employment levels. Hell, you can't even use new states coming into the union as an unemployment release valve if they come in as slave states. But if you don't allow slave states, the balance of power will tilt towards anti-slavery states...

Yea, Lincoln didn't care about slavery. My response to that: motherfukkin gangsta azzzz Salmon Chase, son. Checkmate and shit. 

The confederate flag is fucking retarded. It's a self-mark of idiocy. Southern pride. loooooooooooooooooooool. Prideful that they've never done a goddamn thing worth half a fuck in their entire existence. It's a wink and a nod between racist white people. 

/Why yes, I do live in Texas. Why do you ask?

The south started the war. Fort Sumter, you know. The war was over slavery read the cornerstone speech by Alexander Stephens.

If your experience with actual Tea Party members has majorly been with racist assholes, then you need to move. I've been to a couple of meetings locally and have met members of all races in the Tea Party. They generally are small business owners with families. Running our country with a balanced budget and efficiency in mind are the major tenets of their ideology that I hear. Judging them solely on what the media tells you is like thinking that all Democrats are Anthony Weiner or Rev. Al. As far as displaying the Confederate flag, go ahead, but don't be surprised when people pre-judge you. I wouldn't feel comfortable displaying one because of how most of my friends would feel.(I do know a few people who do display one.)

If your experience with actual Tea Party members has majorly been with racist assholes, then you need to move. I've been to a couple of meetings locally and have met members of all races in the Tea Party. They generally are small business owners with families. Running our country with a balanced budget and efficiency in mind are the major tenets of their ideology that I hear. Judging them solely on what the media tells you is like thinking that all Democrats are Anthony Weiner or Rev. Al. As far as displaying the Confederate flag, go ahead, but don't be surprised when people pre-judge you. I wouldn't feel comfortable displaying one because of how most of my friends would feel.(I do know a few people who do display one.)
A well balanced budget isn't what the tea party stands for. It stands for virtually no government, no taxes, and a well balanced budget (easy to do with no government services). The majority of the country likes the national weather center and it's predictions of hurricane's. The country likes the national parks. There are actually a lot of government services that are valuable and the tea party wants to eliminate all of these because they aren't "essential". Essential just means that the federal agents, military, etc are still operating (but won't be paid until the budget is passed). Of course once some FBI agents or some other federal law enforcement officer/agent retires they can't be replaced because the HR department is non-essential.

The tea party is an extreme minority even within the republican party.

Then can we at least agree that it's time to stop politicizing our soldiers? I love our troops, and they shouldn't be pawns in this government shutdown. They fought so that Sarah Palin could tell us they fought for veteran's memorials to be open. God bless our troops. They are above politics and shouldn't be brought in to issues about how Obama is a socialist Muslim, because we shouldn't exploit the troops. I support our active and discharged troops. They shouldn't have to read a Quran just to get in to a memorial. The troops deserve better than this. They fought so that Congress could be useless. So Congress could have good healthcare, amazing hours, and several mistresses.

It's time to keep politics out of our love for the troops. I love the troops. A lot.

Then can we at least agree that it's time to stop politicizing our soldiers? I love our troops, and they shouldn't be pawns in this government shutdown. They fought so that Sarah Palin could tell us they fought for veteran's memorials to be open. God bless our troops. They are above politics and shouldn't be brought in to issues about how Obama is a socialist Muslim, because we shouldn't exploit the troops. I support our active and discharged troops. They shouldn't have to read a Quran just to get in to a memorial. The troops deserve better than this. They fought so that Congress could be useless. So Congress could have good healthcare, amazing hours, and several mistresses.

It's time to keep politics out of our love for the troops. I love the troops. A lot.
Agreed, as soon as they pass a budget that funds the park service they will reopen. In the meantime Republican activists should stop trespassing.

bread's done
Back