Grab Bags for many systems at gamedealdaily.com for $40 and up + Free Shipping

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
www.gamedealdaily.com has grab bag options to get a random selection of games for Gameboy, Xbox, PSP, Gamecube, PS2, DS, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. Click on the "Store" link in the site to see all options.

You get about 8 games (depending on system). The prices are $40 to $60 depending on system. They also have a memorabilia bag for $20.

I am curious if anyone tries this and what their results are. This pictures of the random game stock look pretty promising for the price, but something tells me the randomness might result in older stuff that no one wants or can be found in any bargain bin. I doubt you get 8 AAA titles. They do, at least, guarantee only one sports game.

Anyone had any luck with stuff like this?

I saw the ebay listing for this just randomly browsing yesterday. They try and rope you in by showing a bunch of sealed games and collector's editions in the pictures, but you know you're gonna get Rock Revolution, NBA 2k6, and other worthless crap.

It's like Quibids... brilliant for the people running it, idiotic for anyone who actually gives them money.

This would be better if they listed the pool of games from which your 8 grab bag games would be selected. My luck, it'd be all games that I already have, or have had in the past and got rid of.

I did a PS2 one and an Xbox one a few years ago. The PS2 one had Bully, GTAVC, Midnight Club Dub something, God of War, etc. Not bad, but mostly greatest hits type titles. The xbox one was mostly demo discs and 'limited edition' discs that were NOT the actual game disc, just the second discs. The price was low though, I want to say $15?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']But in all seriousness, they offered this a few years ago and a vast majority of people got unplayable discs. It is pretty risky. I remember someone got a gamecube grab bag and none worked. I have purchased from this site before and I got a knock off controller from china that was advertised official. I know they buy most stuff overseas and I doubt they check authenticity of any of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there were several issues, especially (mainly) with their Gamecube grab bags. Nearly everyone got games that failed to work...though the selection was great.

I did their grab bag deal for the Gamecube and PS2 back in the day. Think it was 6 for $20 shipped for PS2 games and 3/$14 for Gamecube or something like that..

What I received back then:

Gamecube:
Zelda Twilight Princess: Didn't work
Super Mario Strikers: Didn't work
Mega Man X Collection: Didn't work
Animal Crossing (Had lots of refurb residue in inner ring)
Pokemon Colosseum (Had lots of refurb residue in inner ring)
Super Smash Bros Melee: Didn't work

PS2:

Crash of the Titans
Spongebob Squarepants Revenge of the Flying Dutchman
Capcom Collection Volume 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Midnight Club 3 Dub Remix
4x4 Masters of Metal

At the prices of the Grab bags now....I just wouldn't anticipate breaking even. I was fine with the game previously when you are taking the chance of games for $3 or so each. At $40-$60 there is just way too much shovelware that could be included to make you regret it. I personally agree with the above about going with a Gamestop B2G1 free deal where you have control. If these were much cheaper...I'd be down for the DS/GBA ones.

[quote name='VexxedCS']It's like Quibids... brilliant for the people running it, idiotic for anyone who actually gives them money.[/QUOTE]

I actually was cleaning up on Quibids before they started changing. That was one of the good penny auction sites before and nothing like Beezid who were only out to rip you off. Now they both are pretty much up to the same tricks.

Tempting but figure that I'd receive games that I already own. Still very tempting tho. For someone just getting into a console I could see this being best for them.

[quote name='draven1089']Tempting but figure that I'd receive games that I already own. Still very tempting tho. For someone just getting into a console I could see this being best for them.[/QUOTE]

I still don't see this being a good deal for anyone unless miraculously they received a game worth more than $20, which is highly unlikely. My friend finally got a PS3 not too long ago and I sent him to GS during a B2G1. There are probably 20+ pre-owned games that are solid titles and are $10 or less. Plus then he could pick out games that he wanted. I don't trust "grab bags" no matter what you are buying, especially when they don't give you any guarantees.

Well right now you can get 6 games for $50 at best buy. ($60 for the games minus $10 coupon for in store pick up). You could choose the games in that case, the would be new and more recent/better than probably anything you will get here.

I mean, they show you a picture to entice you. They say it is random, but by random they mean overstock they have no chance of selling otherwise. I'm sure they throw in one halfway decent game every 20 grab bags as "proof" it is random.

[quote name='draven1089']Tempting but figure that I'd receive games that I already own. Still very tempting tho. For someone just getting into a console I could see this being best for them.[/QUOTE]

Most likely you'd received games you wouldn't want to own lol.

If it were 8 games for $30-$40 maybe its worth the chance so if you receive cheap games its not that big of the hit. As other posters stated though....receiving stuff like Jumper, Perfect Dark Zero, Sonic 2006 which you can get for only $2-$4 if you even cared to get it makes it absurd for a $60 grab bag.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Kinda wish some people would guinea pig this just to see what they get. Lol[/QUOTE]
I would, but after those Gamecube grab bags it is reallly not worth it.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Kinda wish some people would guinea pig this just to see what they get. Lol[/QUOTE]

give me 50 bucks and i let you know :)

Just bought the gaming swag bag. I only went for it because it said soundtracks and posters and it's a much easier pill to swallow than $50 for some 360 games I probably already have.

I'll let you guys know what I end get.

Back when they were doing grab bags of PS2 games I bit and was mildly disappointed with what I got. I think the only game I actually wanted was GTA: Liberty City Stories. I also got Bully, which I had finished and sold previously.

[quote name='morrodox']It's false advertising. They aren't really brothers, and they aren't really naked. So disappointing.[/QUOTE]

You are now on a government watchlist. Crap, since I quoted this, I probably am too. I think I see Chris Hansen outside my door.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']But in all seriousness, they offered this a few years ago and a vast majority of people got unplayable discs. It is pretty risky. I remember someone got a gamecube grab bag and none worked. I have purchased from this site before and I got a knock off controller from china that was advertised official. I know they buy most stuff overseas and I doubt they check authenticity of any of it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The guy who runs the site used to post frequently here until his customer service was so bad, his thread just turned into multiple people complaining. I had one not very good experience with them and never bought again. I would consider the deal and the dealer to be a "don't buy", "risky" at best.

Someone should kickstarter this and then just donate all the games to charity or good will or something. Just to see whats in it

If I was guaranteed to receive Knights of the Old Republic then I would definitely jump on the Xbox bundle. One of my biggest regrets in gaming is not having been able to play the game to completion (only played once in a daylong marathon session when my sister-in-law's boyfriend brought his Xbox [1] over).

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']If I was guaranteed to receive Knights of the Old Republic then I would definitely jump on the Xbox bundle. One of my biggest regrets in gaming is not having been able to play the game to completion (only played once in a daylong marathon session when my sister-in-law's boyfriend brought his Xbox [1] over).[/QUOTE]

People who ordered the grab bags a year ago of the XBox system were getting stuff like demo discs or 2-cd games that only had 1 disc. So be advised if you are tempted.

I'd be in for the PS2 one, but I might not get Naked Brother Band or High School Musical.

Odds are the PS2 bundle is Madden 05, 6 guitar hero games, Corvette, Ford Racing 2, and one truly supreme turd to finish it off.

I could literally buy 10-15 games I want for that price, from a local shop, Gamestop or eBay.

I wondered if that site was still around though, I remember that dude from a few years ago, seemed pretty cool. When I came back to CAG he was gone, now I know why.

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']If I was guaranteed to receive Knights of the Old Republic then I would definitely jump on the Xbox bundle. One of my biggest regrets in gaming is not having been able to play the game to completion (only played once in a daylong marathon session when my sister-in-law's boyfriend brought his Xbox [1] over).[/QUOTE]

I think I still have the disc laying around the house.

I didn't buy a bundle from the site, but I bought a GoD Alan Wake code.

Bought it 2 days ago, no code or response to my emails. :(
I guess I can dispute it with Paypal? Ugh, this sucks.

UFC 2009, shellshock 2, perfect dark zero, fear 2, duke forever, band hero, bioshock 2, and blacksite: area 51.

NEVER AGAIN!

But I took one for the team. You guys owe me -_-

[quote name='the4thnobleman']UFC 2009, shellshock 2, perfect dark zero, fear 2, duke forever, band hero, bioshock 2, and blacksite: area 51.

NEVER AGAIN!

But I took one for the team. You guys owe me -_-[/QUOTE]
Thank you, your training is now complete.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']UFC 2009, shellshock 2, perfect dark zero, fear 2, duke forever, band hero, bioshock 2, and blacksite: area 51.

NEVER AGAIN!

military_salute_smileyM.gif

I also decided to take one for the team.
Here's what I got:
img1898q.jpg

Items came in a bubble mailer, so all the boxes are crushed. The sealed games are Pong/Nicktoons. Not much value here, but I will be able to trade them at the flea market, so it won't be too bad of a loss.

Gunstar Heroes is kind of neat at least. My GBA grab bag came today, also in a bubble mailer so the boxes got a little smushed. Still waiting on the memorabilia one.

Let's Ride
Texas Hold 'em
Bratz The Movie
Pet Vet
Serious Sam (in box)
Lady Sia (in box)
Drill Dozer (in box)
Stadium Games (new sealed)
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (new sealed)

Overall kind of meh, but not completely awful. I feel like I made close to money's worth back between the games, but I didn't do fantastic.
I'll be keeping Serious Sam, Lady Sia, and Drill Dozer. The rest are going to my local Play N Trade.

I'll post again when the memorabilia one comes in.

NEVER AGAIN!

Hey man as bad as that is that's still a little better than I thought anybody would get. Props for manning up and posting.

Trouble here is I own Bioshock 2, Dark Zero, DNF, and Band Hero. I spose I wasnt expecting 50% of these to be games I already owned.

I think I got the only DNF that was pictured.

Blacksite & Bioshock 2 were sealed FWIW.

Despite my better judgment I just ordered a GCN bundle. Fingers crossed for NBA Street of some sort... then again if there is only 1/8 chance for sports games, that lowers my odds :/

Warhawk, Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars, MLB Front Office Manager, Duke Nukem Forever, Buzz! Quiz TV, Enslaved Odyssey to the West, Lego Indiana Jones the Original Adventures, Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust.

From a quick look at prices on amazon, and some wishful thinking, together they'd be worth around $64.

[quote name='Pheria']Gunstar Heroes is kind of neat at least. My GBA grab bag came today, also in a bubble mailer so the boxes got a little smushed. Still waiting on the memorabilia one.

Let's Ride
Texas Hold 'em
Bratz The Movie
Pet Vet
Serious Sam (in box)
Lady Sia (in box)
Drill Dozer (in box)
Stadium Games (new sealed)
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (new sealed)

Overall kind of meh, but not completely awful. I feel like I made close to money's worth back between the games, but I didn't do fantastic.
I'll be keeping Serious Sam, Lady Sia, and Drill Dozer. The rest are going to my local Play N Trade.

I'll post again when the memorabilia one comes in.[/QUOTE]

i say for what you got that is way overpriced at 40

Oh jeez not GDD again. I'm sure people will still "bite" on this, but I strongly urge you not to act on impulse. I've bought two things from GDD in the past: a grab bag of random collector's item stuff and a grab bag of GCN games during that infamous sale which I'm sure others have already mentioned. I basically got what was described with the trinkets (although it take about two weeks to arrive) and for the GCN bundle I got that rare 4-game Zelda compilation, Sonic Adventure 2 and Smash Bros. Great, right? No. NONE OF THEM WORKED. Not a single one.

It really is my own fault, I should have realized that when drfrielgood (that was his name, right?) was offering all sorts of intriguing titles with the stipulation that they MIGHT not work, that they wouldn't work. The guy runs a business, if he knows he can sell a game that works perfectly fine for its going rate he's going to do that, not dump it off in a grab bag.

On the whole GDD just felt like a rip. If you knew exactly what you were getting into and were fine with it, then the site was an okay deal I suppose, but almost all of his stuff is weird odds-and-ends: Halo ODST's mutilplayer disc-only, NEW (but without cover art!?) Prince of Persia games, 3rd party 360 hard drives and controllers, imports, things of that sort. For a long time he never mentioned the shipping rates in his posts, did I mention that he charges like $5 to ship a game? I never had an issue, but more than a few people complained about games never arriving and frielgood not responding to emails.

On the whole I just sort of found it insulting: all of his deals he would promote to us felt like scraps from a better deal he'd already taken advantage of. I know no one is exactly friends on this site, but I never felt that it was appropriate for one CAG to be able to promote this kind of stuff to other cags, so I'm glad he doesn't post here anymore.

Like I said, if you know what you're getting into and feel that it's worth a shot then you might be okay, otherwise I would stay clear.

[quote name='Aelineus']Warhawk, Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars, MLB Front Office Manager, Duke Nukem Forever, Buzz! Quiz TV, Enslaved Odyssey to the West, Lego Indiana Jones the Original Adventures, Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust.

From a quick look at prices on amazon, and some wishful thinking, together they'd be worth around $64.[/QUOTE]

That isn't as nearly bad as it could have been.

I want to know if anyone bought the Wii one. That is where the real shitty games are.

[quote name='iamsmart']Oh jeez not GDD again. I'm sure people will still "bite" on this, but I strongly urge you not to act on impulse. I've bought two things from GDD in the past: a grab bag of random collector's item stuff and a grab bag of GCN games during that infamous sale which I'm sure others have already mentioned. I basically got what was described with the trinkets (although it take about two weeks to arrive) and for the GCN bundle I got that rare 4-game Zelda compilation, Sonic Adventure 2 and Smash Bros. Great, right? No. NONE OF THEM WORKED. Not a single one.

It really is my own fault, I should have realized that when drfrielgood (that was his name, right?) was offering all sorts of intriguing titles with the stipulation that they MIGHT not work, that they wouldn't work. The guy runs a business, if he knows he can sell a game that works perfectly fine for its going rate he's going to do that, not dump it off in a grab bag.

On the whole GDD just felt like a rip. If you knew exactly what you were getting into and were fine with it, then the site was an okay deal I suppose, but almost all of his stuff is weird odds-and-ends: Halo ODST's mutilplayer disc-only, NEW (but without cover art!?) Prince of Persia games, 3rd party 360 hard drives and controllers, imports, things of that sort. For a long time he never mentioned the shipping rates in his posts, did I mention that he charges like $5 to ship a game? I never had an issue, but more than a few people complained about games never arriving and frielgood not responding to emails.

On the whole I just sort of found it insulting: all of his deals he would promote to us felt like scraps from a better deal he'd already taken advantage of. I know no one is exactly friends on this site, but I never felt that it was appropriate for one CAG to be able to promote this kind of stuff to other cags, so I'm glad he doesn't post here anymore.

Like I said, if you know what you're getting into and feel that it's worth a shot then you might be okay, otherwise I would stay clear.[/QUOTE]

Very well said. Couldn't agree more. I am sad to see this site being promoted in anyway on CAG again. I hate seeing people get ripped off.

[quote name='slidecage']i say for what you got that is way overpriced at 40[/QUOTE]

Well, the three games I decided to keep (Drill Dozer, Serious Sam, and Lady Sibia) at quick a quick glance were $10-15. If you go with $10x3=$30. Not to mention those games all have the boxes (in decent shape), manuals, and the carts are pristine. Plus 7 other titles, while admittedly not much, I think it's pretty close to breaking even. Which is better than getting all $2 games for sure.

All in all I think it was about on par with my expectations. Neither above nor below.

[quote name='te619']My Memorabilia Grab Bag came in today:

img1916j.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lol, the patch from Halo Wars? That's the only part I'm missing of my CE. Not sure if that whole thing was worth $20, though. Is the other Splinter Cell item the flash drive from the CE? That might be nice.

bread's done
Back