Grab Bags for many systems at gamedealdaily.com for $40 and up + Free Shipping

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
www.gamedealdaily.com has grab bag options to get a random selection of games for Gameboy, Xbox, PSP, Gamecube, PS2, DS, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. Click on the "Store" link in the site to see all options.

You get about 8 games (depending on system). The prices are $40 to $60 depending on system. They also have a memorabilia bag for $20.

I am curious if anyone tries this and what their results are. This pictures of the random game stock look pretty promising for the price, but something tells me the randomness might result in older stuff that no one wants or can be found in any bargain bin. I doubt you get 8 AAA titles. They do, at least, guarantee only one sports game.

Anyone had any luck with stuff like this?

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Lol, the patch from Halo Wars? That's the only part I'm missing of my CE. Not sure if that whole thing was worth $20, though. Is the other Splinter Cell item the flash drive from the CE? That might be nice.[/QUOTE]

It is the Splinter Cell flash, although I sat looking at it (unopened) thinking, "this looks like it is more than just a card." I looked up an unboxing video and saw it was a flash drive :)

[quote name='PrinnyJ'] Not sure if that whole thing was worth $20, though. [/QUOTE]

Give me the choice between a $20 bill and that stuff, and I know which I'd pick, every time.

HINT: It fits in my wallet.

[quote name='te619']It is the Splinter Cell flash, although I sat looking at it (unopened) thinking, "this looks like it is more than just a card." I looked up an unboxing video and saw it was a flash drive :)[/QUOTE]

A flash drive that probably doesn't work, haha. I remember getting the CE when it came out. I'm pulling this number out of my ass but the high majority, 80-90% at least, didn't work. That's why ubisoft uploaded the exclusive contents that were suppose to be included on the drive online. That didn't make up for giving us a useless piece of plastic. And yeah, mine didn't work either. It was only 512 mbs in either case so no huge loss. Would've been cool if it worked though.

[quote name='OrionBrando']so is this a bad idea? still thinking about order the ps3 grab bag[/QUOTE]
Buying this is like screwing a hooker without a condom.

You're probably gonna get some shit you really don't want.

My memorabilia bag came today as well:

iQEAz.jpg

The figure looks kind of like Chris from RE5? Seems a little scrawny to be him, though.

[quote name='burritoman']Buying this is like screwing a hooker without a condom.

You're probably gonna get some shit you never knew existed.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='Pheria']My memorabilia bag came today as well:

iQEAz.jpg

The figure looks kind of like Chris from RE5? Seems a little scrawny to be him, though.[/QUOTE]

Is that a Beatles mouse pad?

[quote name='Pheria']It's a set of "Beatles Rock Band" postcards.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense. Was trying to figure out the video game connection.

Ordered a PS3 grab bag on Monday, received it on Friday. Can't say I'm really disappointed, expected a lot worse. Everything is complete and in good shape.

- Dragon Age: Origins
- Heavenly Sword
- Hunted: The Demon's Forge
- NHL 10
- Resistance 3
- Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
- Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition

Not bad. A couple keepers, a couple duplicates and some decent trade-ins to Best Buy during the 100% TIV.

[quote name='SoWhatsLeftNow']Ordered a PS3 grab bag on Monday, received it on Friday. Can't say I'm really disappointed, expected a lot worse. Everything is complete and in good shape.

- Dragon Age: Origins
- Heavenly Sword
- Hunted: The Demon's Forge
- NHL 10
- Resistance 3
- Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
- Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition

Not bad. A couple keepers, a couple duplicates and some decent trade-ins to Best Buy during the 100% TIV.[/QUOTE]
Easily the best one yet. All those games are good, while some are great.

[quote name='burritoman']Buying this is like screwing a hooker without a condom.

You're probably gonna get some shit you really don't want.[/QUOTE]

HAHA! Best analogy I've read in awhile. You will technically bust a nut (get some games) but now you have the herp. Did you really win?

[quote name='berzirk']HAHA! Best analogy I've read in awhile. You will technically bust a nut (get some games) but now you have the herp. Did you really win?[/QUOTE]
Herpes IS the gift that keeps on giving.

Fox--thanks for the edit.

SoWhatsLeftNow--I think you got a decent bag of stuff. None of that is as horrid as I figured.

Anyone got the balls to get the Wii one?

So i joined this site because it had the only thread talking about this that I could find on the web, which was kinda suprising.
I bought the 360 grab bag last week. Got it a few days ago but had to wait for my membership here to go through before I could post. I got the following games:
Band Hero (New)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Thor
Brutal Legends
Fable 3
Battlefield 2 Limited edition (Of course no codes included)
Overlord 2
Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood
I already own half of these games. I'm thinking about buying another one. My friends have a tendency to not buy many 360 games, so I normally play online with strangers. I plan on giving copies of games to friends so I can finally play online with friends (Battlefield 2 is good example of this). Kinda wish I had gotten a sports title. If I am a sucker and end up doing this again, I'll post the results here.

[quote name='OrionBrando']so is this a bad idea? still thinking about order the ps3 grab bag[/QUOTE]

Clearly yes. Bad idea. Every set posted could have been had for less if you bought the games seperately. Unless you just love a suprise.

[quote name='Krojian']So i joined this site because it had the only thread talking about this that I could find on the web, which was kinda suprising.
I bought the 360 grab bag last week. Got it a few days ago but had to wait for my membership here to go through before I could post. I got the following games:
Band Hero (New)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Thor
Brutal Legends
Fable 3
Battlefield 2 Limited edition (Of course no codes included)
Overlord 2
Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood
I already own half of these games. I'm thinking about buying another one. My friends have a tendency to not buy many 360 games, so I normally play online with strangers. I plan on giving copies of games to friends so I can finally play online with friends (Battlefield 2 is good example of this). Kinda wish I had gotten a sports title. If I am a sucker and end up doing this again, I'll post the results here.[/QUOTE]

Didn't EA axe the BF2 servers though? EA has been killing those things left and right the past couple of years on older titles, and even newer ones. LOTR:Conquest was axed after less than a year. Pissed me off, since I still had an unopened copy I picked up on a $10 sale and just never got around to it. It was gimped before I even got around to it.

I think I read in the XBL deals thread that BF2 was no longer supported though, which led to me pointing this out.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Didn't EA axe the BF2 servers though? EA has been killing those things left and right the past couple of years on older titles, and even newer ones. LOTR:Conquest was axed after less than a year. Pissed me off, since I still had an unopened copy I picked up on a $10 sale and just never got around to it. It was gimped before I even got around to it.

I think I read in the XBL deals thread that BF2 was no longer supported though, which led to me pointing this out.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat servers are definitely gone... However, I have a hunch that he meant BF:BC2 seeing as he said "Limited Edition" which I am 99.9% sure there was no such thing for BF2:MC.

[quote name='mvp828']Battlefield 2: Modern Combat servers are definitely gone... However, I have a hunch that he meant BF:BC2 seeing as he said "Limited Edition" which I am 99.9% sure there was no such thing for BF2:MC.[/QUOTE]

You are correct sir. My bad. Although nobleman did give me a slight heart attack thinking that they had shut down the servers for BF:BC2. Thanks for clarifying that! :)

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Whatever happened to the good Dr. anyways?[/quote]
He probably stopped bothering to come on CAG anymore because people expected his one man company to be as fast as Amazon on shipping with low cost/free shipping.
[quote name='TheRainCoat']I did a grab bag for the xbox 360 a while back for 59.99$

I got the following

Jumper: Griffin's story
Nascar 08
Viva pinata
Blue Dragon
Fable 2
Bomberman Zero
Two Worlds
Perfect Dark Zero
Hour of Victory

And Sonic the fucking hedgehog

Never...fucking AGAIN![/QUOTE]
So you got 10 games for $59.99, which breaks down to $5.99 apiece. That really is NOT that fuckin' bad. I mean, if you went into it expecting new release titles to be part of the $60 deal, then yeah you're gonna be disappointed every time.

But going by the current prices on Gamestops' website, here's the breakdown of what you got:

Jumper-$4.99
Nascar 08-$12.99
Viva Pinata-$9.99
Blue Dragon-$9.99
Fable 2-$4.99
Bomberman Zero-$3.99
Two Worlds-$3.99
Perfect Dark Zero-$1.99
Hour of Victory-$3.99
Sonic The Hedgehog-$14.99

Are they AAA titles? Not really. But you got your moneys' worth and then some versus standard prices from GS.
[quote name='erdmanski1341']I don't trust "grab bags" no matter what you are buying, especially when they don't give you any guarantees.[/QUOTE]
That's the whole point of a grab bag. If they listed the shit or guaranteed you're gonna get X or Y item, then why would they list it as a grab bag.:roll: Sooooo entitled.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
He probably stopped bothering to come on CAG anymore because people expected his one man company to be as fast as Amazon on shipping with low cost/free shipping.

So you got 10 games for $59.99, which breaks down to $5.99 apiece. That really is NOT that fuckin' bad. I mean, if you went into it expecting new release titles to be part of the $60 deal, then yeah you're gonna be disappointed every time.
[/QUOTE]

Uh...it was worse than that. There were items that were misrepresented, grab bags past which had more than a 50% DOA rate, sloooooow refunds but instantaneous charges, multiple threats of filing CC/PayPal disputes from a lack of correspondence by customers in his thread. It's one thing to be a one-man operation, but to allow it to cause your customer service to be pathetic is a different animal. If he couldn't run it adequately, then perhaps it's time to hire a couple of full/part time staff. It's a business. Not a volunteer operation. My $20 is worth the same whether it's paid to Best Buy or Dr. Frielgood.

But going by the current prices on Gamestops' website, here's the breakdown of what you got:

Jumper-$4.99
Nascar 08-$12.99
Viva Pinata-$9.99
Blue Dragon-$9.99
Fable 2-$4.99
Bomberman Zero-$3.99
Two Worlds-$3.99
Perfect Dark Zero-$1.99
Hour of Victory-$3.99
Sonic The Hedgehog-$14.99

Are they AAA titles? Not really. But you got your moneys' worth and then some versus standard prices from GS.

Uh..again, wrong perspective. You are assuming a person would choose to go to the store and buy all those games. It's a blind grab bag. That's the whole gamble. The price to purchase from GS is irrelevant. GS is hardly the best deal in town. I don't think anybody expected the top of the metacritic list. So far people seem to be mildly pleased, or not that thrilled. They gambled and broke even or lost, based on their comments. It's not worth it for a quick post, but a more accurate "value" for those games would be to perhaps average the purchase price with the price GS would give you if you sold the games to them. Again, I'm not suggesting you do that, it's just that you are defining value in sort of a backwards way here.

That's the whole point of a grab bag. If they listed the shit or guaranteed you're gonna get X or Y item, then why would they list it as a grab bag.:roll: Sooooo entitled.

Who said anything about entitlement? People came in with what I would call appropriate expectations and are more or less laughing about having those met. Nobody came in here saying they are going to uncover the greatest gem in game buying. It seems to be a marginal gamble, and folks seem to be posting marginal returns. Nothing to see here.

[quote name='berzirk']Uh...it was worse than that. There were items that were misrepresented, grab bags past which had more than a 50% DOA rate, sloooooow refunds but instantaneous charges, multiple threats of filing CC/PayPal disputes from a lack of correspondence by customers in his thread. It's one thing to be a one-man operation, but to allow it to cause your customer service to be pathetic is a different animal. If he couldn't run it adequately, then perhaps it's time to hire a couple of full/part time staff. It's a business. Not a volunteer operation. My $20 is worth the same whether it's paid to Best Buy or Dr. Frielgood.[/quote]
I honestly didn't know about the issues with GDD, such as sending out DOA product, but the slow refunds even happens with the best of places at times. With a small operation like GDD, I would expect it to be even slower since it was only the one guy doing everything as far as I know.
Uh..again, wrong perspective. You are assuming a person would choose to go to the store and buy all those games. It's a blind grab bag. That's the whole gamble. The price to purchase from GS is irrelevant. GS is hardly the best deal in town. I don't think anybody expected the top of the metacritic list. So far people seem to be mildly pleased, or not that thrilled. They gambled and broke even or lost, based on their comments. It's not worth it for a quick post, but a more accurate "value" for those games would be to perhaps average the purchase price with the price GS would give you if you sold the games to them. Again, I'm not suggesting you do that, it's just that you are defining value in sort of a backwards way here.
A more accurate value would be to average out what the game costs to buy from GS and places like BB pre-owned. But to say that the values GS gives should be considered the watermark for the value of these grab bags is more than slightly skewed, since GS is known to give next to nothing for most older stuff and that's what seems to be in these grab bags. If you're going by those values, then these package deals are a horrible value. But if going by the retail prices for those games pre-owned to buy at known national retailers, then it's an ok gamble.
Who said anything about entitlement? People came in with what I would call appropriate expectations and are more or less laughing about having those met. Nobody came in here saying they are going to uncover the greatest gem in game buying. It seems to be a marginal gamble, and folks seem to be posting marginal returns. Nothing to see here.
The person who I quoted in regards to saying they were entitled said they don't give you any guarantees and I was simply saying that it couldn't be called a grab bag if they guaranteed X or Y for these deals. But just going by some of the other comments regarding this deal, it's like people are expecting GOTY games that are still fetching $20-30 apiece on the open market.

Well my 2 cents:

I believe the person who posted the Xbox grab bag bought it prior to this sale, so I would think the prices for those games might have been a little higher at the time.

That said, the best measure IMO would be a good sale price (since we are CAGs) and all those bundles can be had cheaper purchasing those games from Gohastings right now during the sale.

The allure of the grab bag has always been the mystery and not the value. Anyone who is familiar with them know they are not truly "random."

On that end, the site is deceptive in saying it is random since you will not get a valuable or recent game. Being honest they should say random selection from our overstock or something similar. But everyone was warned so no one can be truly dissapointed if they buy it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The person who I quoted in regards to saying they were entitled said they don't give you any guarantees and I was simply saying that it couldn't be called a grab bag if they guaranteed X or Y for these deals. But just going by some of the other comments regarding this deal, it's like people are expecting GOTY games that are still fetching $20-30 apiece on the open market.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, fair enough. I think we agree more than disagree on this one.

True. Back when I was a kid, I would buy grab bags for the hell of it from a local store or two without any preconceived notion of what I might or might not get. Albeit those were usually in the $1-5 range. As for this deal, I can definitely sympathize with people not wanting to get DOA product and being disappointed when they get stuff that's mostly cheap used dump bin fodder. But it's a gamble and you take that chance.

But the original Xbox grab bag someone got with demo discs and disc 2 of a multi-disc game is kinda crap imo.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']He probably stopped bothering to come on CAG anymore because people expected his one man company to be as fast as Amazon on shipping with low cost/free shipping.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, a lot of CAGs did have legitimate complaints about GDD's horrible customer service. There were clearly times when he got totally overwhelmed and just didn't bother answering people's e-mails for days, if not weeks. Personally, I never had a problem with the site, but all the stuff I ordered came in the condition described and worked.

As far as grab bags go, as someone else pointed out, the selling point as always been opening them up and seeing what you got. You're rarely going to get a massive return on your investment.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']On that end, the site is deceptive in saying it is random since you will not get a valuable or recent game.[/QUOTE]

Random ≠ Potential for Awesome.

Thanks to all who have shared so far. I'd like to see some GBA & DS bundle hauls.

[quote name='Kerig']Random ≠ Potential for Awesome.

Thanks to all who have shared so far. I'd like to see some GBA & DS bundle hauls.[/QUOTE]

I have a GBA lot posted on pg 5.

My Grab bag arrived today (PS3) here are the items
~ Assassin's Creed 2
~ NBA 2K10
~ Hunted: The Demon's Forge
~ Star wars III: The Clone Wars
~ Transformers: Dark of the moon
~ Duke Nukem Forever
~ F1 Championship Edition
~ Vanquish

Yeah the PS3 ones aren't awful. None of the ones this time around are truly awful to be honest.

For comparison this is what I bought from Gohastings on PS3 for $64 this weekend:

Mass Effect 3
Oblivion GOTY
RDR: Undead Nightmare
Bioshock 2
Alpha Protocol
Wet
Wheelman
Splatterhouse
Killzone 2

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah the PS3 ones aren't awful. None of the ones this time around are truly awful to be honest.

For comparison this is what I bought from Gohastings on PS3 for $64 this weekend:

Mass Effect 3
Oblivion GOTY
RDR: Undead Nightmare
Bioshock 2
Alpha Protocol
Wet
Wheelman
Splatterhouse
Killzone 2[/QUOTE]
This is a better haul hands down!:applause:

Sorry for the delay, but here's what I received from a $40 GCN 8-game bundle:

Note that all games came with "official" GCN cases (with the memory card slot and Nintendo branding inside), though 7 of 8 had a sticker of some sort on them.

Tested them all on a purple GCN console and they all worked. "Test" procedure involved booting them all, starting the respective game and making sure it didn't crash. This is by no means a "you can play through the entire game," but at least they boot!

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (wrinkled case/cover, no manual, moderate condition disc)
Intellivision Lives (case/cover/manual, disc in poor condition)
Redcard 20-03 (case/cover, no manual, moderate condition disc)
Odama (factory sealed - going to assume this works!)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (case/cover/manual, v. good condition disc)
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (case/cover/manual, moderate condition disc)
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (case/cover/manual, v. good condition disc)
Tak: The Great Juju Challenge (case/cover/manual, v. good condition disc)

All in all not worth $40 (as many have said), but it was a pleasant surprise to get Super Monkey Ball 2 and Redcard, which I did want to get at some point anyway. Odama could be interesting, I suppose...

[quote name='OrionBrando']My Grab bag arrived today (PS3) here are the items
~ Assassin's Creed 2
~ NBA 2K10
~ Hunted: The Demon's Forge
~ Star wars III: The Clone Wars
~ Transformers: Dark of the moon
~ Duke Nukem Forever
~ F1 Championship Edition
~ Vanquish[/QUOTE]

This has to be the best grab bag result by far. I would guess that most people would have a mild to strong interest in all of those games. In fact, i'm not sure I believe the post (except for the fact that I don't see a lot of motivation to lie). Nice to see some good results.

Got a 360 grab bag. Surprisingly I don't own any of the games I got.

Dead Rising 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Band Hero
Tony Hawk Shred
Thor: God of Thunder
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Duke Nukem Forever
Raiden IV

Could have been worse, but Tony Hawk Shred is pretty useless without the board controller.

[quote name='guyd00dman']Got a 360 grab bag. Surprisingly I don't own any of the games I got.

Dead Rising 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Band Hero
Tony Hawk Shred
Thor: God of Thunder
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Duke Nukem Forever
Raiden IV

Could have been worse, but Tony Hawk Shred is pretty useless without the board controller.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's useless with the board controller also. :lol:

Grab bags came in today, here's what i got:

PS3: (pretty happy)

Nascar 08
Bioshock 2 (new)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Killzone 2
Red Faction Armageddon
Lego Star Wars III
Duke Nukem
Hunted

X360: (meh)

NHL 09
Hunted
Duke
Band Hero
Forza 3
Fallout New Vegas
Dead Rising 2
Medal of Honor

Cube: (yuck)

Super Monkey Ball, Puyo Pop Fever, Rampage, Spongebob Rev Flying Dutchman, Intellivision Lives, Lego Star Wars, Monopoly Party, Beach Spikers.

PSP: (flaming bag of turds)

WIpeout Pure, MErcury, Killzone, Pangya, Brooktown High, Gunpey, Hot Brain, Every Extend Extra

Overall, ps3 was the only one really worth the money, rest were pretty much garbage. Oh well, live and learn.

Just bit the bullet with one of these 8 :ps3: for $60.00. Figure that's about $7.50/pop-ish and am interested to see what comes my way. The guy that got the F1 Championship Ed. :ps3: bundle came out ahead, I thinK? I will gladly take that one.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']This has to be the best grab bag result by far. I would guess that most people would have a mild to strong interest in all of those games. In fact, i'm not sure I believe the post (except for the fact that I don't see a lot of motivation to lie). Nice to see some good results.[/QUOTE]

I really got those, however I was disappointing a bit in two ways... The shipment take too long to arrive (more than 1 week) and they sent me two sports games ( Yes, I'm considering F1 and NBA2K10) in the other hand I can't deny it was a pretty good grab bag

bread's done
Back