Gran Turismo 4

ex0

CAGiversary!
Only 2 days away... who else is excited? I'm tempted to get the wheel, but can't justify it.

I am. Got Xlink set up and ready to go for online gaming. Also, looking at the Pro wheel and am reluctant in deciding since I couldn't adjust to the non-pro version that I borrowed.

Ugh, many stores are now saying Wednesday before the game will be on shelfs... how disappointing.

[quote name='ex0']Ugh, many stores are now saying Wednesday before the game will be on shelfs... how disappointing.[/quote]

Just called an EB's here in southern San Diego and was told it would be available around 1pm tomorrow. However, I also called a Gamestop and was told by Wednesday morning. I'll probably be taking advantage of the 5 games trade-in deal tomorrow.

[quote name='PHaLaNX GTR'][quote name='ex0']Ugh, many stores are now saying Wednesday before the game will be on shelfs... how disappointing.[/quote]

Just called an EB's here in southern San Diego and was told it would be available around 1pm tomorrow. However, I also called a Gamestop and was told by Wednesday morning. I'll probably be taking advantage of the 5 games trade-in deal tomorrow.[/quote]
I hope that some store near me has it.. unfortunately there are no EBs near by :(

[quote name='PHaLaNX GTR']I am. Got Xlink set up and ready to go for online gaming. Also, looking at the Pro wheel and am reluctant in deciding since I couldn't adjust to the non-pro version that I borrowed.[/quote]

..it's not online and there's no online component, how will you play it online?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PHaLaNX GTR']I am. Got Xlink set up and ready to go for online gaming. Also, looking at the Pro wheel and am reluctant in deciding since I couldn't adjust to the non-pro version that I borrowed.[/quote]

..it's not online and there's no online component, how will you play it online?[/quote]

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

People have been using it since the Japanese launch, and I've also played TimeSplitters 2 online using Xlink. This program is also highly used by Xbox players.

Good luck, ex0.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PHaLaNX GTR']I am. Got Xlink set up and ready to go for online gaming. Also, looking at the Pro wheel and am reluctant in deciding since I couldn't adjust to the non-pro version that I borrowed.[/quote]

..it's not online and there's no online component, how will you play it online?[/quote]

Google "Xlink"

Edit: Already covered by PHaLaNX.

X-link is the way to play non-online games online, Like I used it to play Timesplitters 2 on the PS2 online.

[quote name='twanky']gamestop is suppose to have it tommorow or later around 6pm or so. At mine anyways.[/quote]

Bah, nuts to this game. It's all about SF:AC XB.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='twanky']gamestop is suppose to have it tommorow or later around 6pm or so. At mine anyways.[/quote]

Bah, nuts to this game. It's all about SF:AC XB.[/quote]

fuck YEAH!!! I was going to trade in games tomorrow and think about Project Snowblind, and then I saw that SF:AC is coming out tomorrow, and I was like :shock: ! I thought it came out next week. I'm super hyped.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='twanky']gamestop is suppose to have it tommorow or later around 6pm or so. At mine anyways.[/quote]

Bah, nuts to this game. It's all about SF:AC XB.[/quote]

shaq-fu YEAH!!! I was going to trade in games tomorrow and think about Project Snowblind, and then I saw that SF:AC is coming out tomorrow, and I was like :shock: ! I thought it came out next week. I'm super hyped.[/quote]

Screw SF, it's been the same since SF2.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Ledhed']Bah, nuts to this game. It's all about SF:AC XB.[/quote]

shaq-fu YEAH!!! I was going to trade in games tomorrow and think about Project Snowblind, and then I saw that SF:AC is coming out tomorrow, and I was like :shock: ! I thought it came out next week. I'm super hyped.[/quote]

Live, baby. Live.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I never thought I would have to buy component video cables for my PS2 until I heard that GT4 was playable in 1080i.[/quote]

wow, how are they going to do that since the PS2 can't even output 1080i ?? Must be that sony magic or something...

man im so sick of sony, they sit there and play up how awsome the online component for gt4 will be for over a year, then they release it without any online at all, just so they can rerelease it as sales start to slump with online put in and you all buy it again at full price. doesnt this piss you guys off, or all of you willing to just repurchase it when its repackaged?

[quote name='scargums']man im so sick of sony, they sit there and play up how awsome the online component for gt4 will be for over a year, then they release it without any online at all, just so they can rerelease it as sales start to slump with online put in and you all buy it again at full price. doesnt this piss you guys off, or all of you willing to just repurchase it when its repackaged?[/quote]

or maybe online play isn't the be-all end-all of gaming that some people make it out to be?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='scargums']man im so sick of sony, they sit there and play up how awsome the online component for gt4 will be for over a year, then they release it without any online at all, just so they can rerelease it as sales start to slump with online put in and you all buy it again at full price. doesnt this piss you guys off, or all of you willing to just repurchase it when its repackaged?[/quote]

or maybe online play isn't the be-all end-all of gaming that some people make it out to be?[/quote]

GT4 is still an awesome game, regardless of whether online is in it or not.

From the 1up review:

"GT4, much to the puzzlement of everyone waiting its arrival, is missing its once-publicized online mode.

Predictably, this omission is the subject of the majority of the misguided "GT4 is gonna suck" threads on a thousand message boards. Yes, it's a glaring change, and something that keeps the game somewhat out of step with its contemporaries (especially titles like Need for Speed that are nipping at its heels in terms of sales by chasing the more "fashionable" end of the racing spectrum) but it's not something that defines the game."

I agree.

My copy didn't show up today, which is probably for the best. But dammit it had better be here tomorrow. I want to come home from my exam and spend some quality time with it.

My friend gave me a call after picking it up, and couldn't stop raving over it... I'll drop by his house tomo and play alittle... since my PS2 is in service at the moment....

I just saw the intro and I just wished my jaw could actually drop to the ground to justify it's awesomeness. This is seriously better looking to me than any Xbox or GC game evar!!!! I'm almost drooling at these beautiful cars just driving around. So fucking awesome!!!!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My copy didn't show up today, which is probably for the best. But dammit it had better be here tomorrow. I want to come home from my exam and spend some quality time with it.[/quote]

Goddamn fucking fuckers in their goddamn brown fucking trucks not delivering my goddamn GT fucking 4 yet. :evil: :evil: :evil:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My copy didn't show up today, which is probably for the best. But dammit it had better be here tomorrow. I want to come home from my exam and spend some quality time with it.[/quote]

Goddamn shaq-fuing shaq-fuers in their goddamn brown shaq-fuing trucks not delivering my goddamn GT shaq-fuing 4 yet. :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

It's time to grab a bat and head over there to "teach them" about being late with your stuff.

wow this is awesome! won 6 races so far like how when you wreck kinda gives you a blured vision for a second. guess have to call in sick tomorrow now

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My copy didn't show up today, which is probably for the best. But dammit it had better be here tomorrow. I want to come home from my exam and spend some quality time with it.[/quote]

Goddamn shaq-fuing shaq-fuers in their goddamn brown shaq-fuing trucks not delivering my goddamn GT shaq-fuing 4 yet. :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

It's time to grab a bat and head over there to "teach them" about being late with your stuff.[/quote]

The worst part is that mtv is shit when it comes to email notifications and I won't even get a shipping confirmation w/ tracking number until next week. :evil:

Just got GT4.
It is the only reason why I kept my PS2.
Now I need to buy a nice new TV to go with my sound system.
One downside though, "Panama" is the intro song. Oh well, I guess no game is perfect.

[quote name='kaji7p56']Just got GT4.
One downside though, "Panama" is the intro song. Oh well, I guess no game is perfect.[/quote]

"Panama"? As in "can-and-has-been-used-as-aural-weaponry-Panama"?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='kaji7p56']Just got GT4.
One downside though, "Panama" is the intro song. Oh well, I guess no game is perfect.[/quote]

"Panama"? As in "can-and-has-been-used-as-aural-weaponry-Panama"?[/quote]

The very same.

I love that Drew Carey episode.

[quote name='Trakan']Panama? I like that song! :x[/quote]

Yeah, the best song is played when you fail a license test. It'll make you want to suck really bad.

I'll get this game when it becomes a greatest hit.

The fact that the AI is still dumb, you can still crash into cars to pass them and more HP almost always means a win is disappointing. That's how it was in GT2 - two games earlier. Is it asking to much that these poblems get fixed in what is supposed to be the ultimate racing sim?

Glad I got the component cables for my PS2. This game looks awesome on my 57" HDTV! Sure, poor/no AI, but it still is damn fun trying to get enough money for that next part or car.

...Got the game an hour ago, and just like someone else said: GT4 is the reason why i kept my PS2. It brought it back to life!

I like the fact that you can import your data from your GT3 saves. (licenses + credits - not cars)

I bought my '02 Mazda Protege, since it's my real-life ride.

Whats your first purchase???

[quote name='METH']...Got the game an hour ago, and just like someone else said: GT4 is the reason why i kept my PS2. It brought it back to life!

I like the fact that you can import your data from your GT3 saves. (licenses + credits - not cars)

I bought my '02 Mazda Protege, since it's my real-life drive.

Whats your first purchase???[/quote]

Evo IV.

bread's done
Back