Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

[quote name='Anhmeister']Just a heads up for everyone, Release Date Delivery is back for GT5 on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

Did it ever leave? I've always had release date delivery on my pre-order.

My pre-order is so old it didn't come with it... I got the ECA discounts on it and it's like $35 total or something. I figure it's too much to ask for release day shipping.

[quote name='VipFREAK']My pre-order is so old it didn't come with it... I got the ECA discounts on it and it's like $35 total or something. I figure it's too much to ask for release day shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if Amazon didn't allow you to modify the shipping portion of the order. Might as well give it a try. Could mean the difference between having GT5 at the beginning of the Thanksgiving holiday and not.

Meh, I'm in no hurry considering I figure it won't get here any time soon anyway. Besides I have F1 2010 and my 360 wheel entertaining me. It's actually a cool game.

I am trying so hard to resist the temptation of buying this game on Wednesday. It doesn't help that every video game website I go to has GT5 on the front page saying how awesome it is. I have a couple games I need to finish and finals are coming up next month. I know this game will take up most of my time.

I have yet to receive my phone call from Gamestop about Gran Turismo 5... I'm wondering if I should stop in tomorrow and confirm that I'm still pre-ordered. I don't remember when they called for Medal of Honor's release.

The embargo is until Wednesday, so they have to wait whether they want to test out the online servers or not.

Just got this today and I can break at least one assumption that people have made. There's no 10 GB mandatory install, as it gradually installs as you play with some flexible options available that allows you to not install anything.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's no 10 GB mandatory install, as it gradually installs as you play with some flexible options available that allows you to not install anything.[/QUOTE]

that's been well documented over the past few days.. I've seen articles on Joystiq, Kotaku and 1up that state that, and if you opt to not install, the save file is around 256mb

Went to pre-order this at BB today and the employee's had no idea what to do...

Anyway, haven't played any racing games since GT3 and I'm extremely excited!

It hasn't been posted here, so I was stating it for those that didn't know. Plus, I haven't been following any news about what's been found out from the leaked copies.

Any trade deals in the UK for this game that we know of yet?? Thinking of ridding myself of the crappiness that is black ops. It's nothing but a bug fest bad spawning fps.. I have officially give up with that game..

I can't wait for this game but unfortunately gaymestop won't deliver it until the end of the month. Just got the half million dollar zonda on the psp game, can't wait to see it and the rest of my garage in Hd.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I can't wait for this game but unfortunately gaymestop won't deliver it until the end of the month. Just got the half million dollar zonda on the psp game, can't wait to see it and the rest of my garage in Hd.[/QUOTE]
You will only be able to drive it in Arcade mode, and all cars from PSP are Standard. Time to raise some more money in Gran Turismo 5 for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuq8yQ4Hx4

Oh yeah and thats actual Gran Turismo 5 gameplay.

A buddy has the game too, shop called Saturday morning! what's up with the delay?

!!!spoiler!!!

the kart right away is awesome, thanks Sony! though the menus aren't intuitive (yet?)

[quote name='whoknows']I'm giving in and getting this with release date delivery from amazon. If I like the game enough I'll probably get a wheel.[/QUOTE]

Playing a racing sim on a wheel can be very frustrating. All perceptions of driving a car are lost. Your only indicator of speed is what the game is telling you. This isn't like your racing arcade games that have wheels, this will be driving a race car simulated as best possible.

Just be prepared to be very frustrated with a racing wheel until you get the feel of it.

I can't wait to use my Driving Force GT come with Wednesday. Been practicing with that GRID demo.

Wait, someone help me out here....

There are 1000+ cars in the game, but not all of them have cockpit view? What is the difference between premium and standard?

Im very confused and second guessing purchasing the game... please help

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']Wait, someone help me out here....

There are 1000+ cars in the game, but not all of them have cockpit view? What is the difference between premium and standard?

Im very confused and second guessing purchasing the game... please help[/QUOTE]

gran-turismo.com

Had the collector's edition preordered from gamestop for a few months now and checked status today and it says backordered. Wish I'd known earlier when I could have gotten it for a good deal somewhere else. I'm debating cancelling my preorder since god knows when I'll actually get it. Ruined my day.

Edit: never mind, other people are saying theirs says same thing but gamestop assured them the order is ready to ship

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm still afraid of the d-word. If it isn't in my store's game case Wednesday, I'm gonna cry.[/QUOTE]

There will NOT be another delay. Just about every store that sells games has confirmed that they have their copies locked up out back.

The thing that confused me on the premium/standard thing is that there's no note about whether the car you're looking to buy is premium or standard when in the dealership, so you might want to get a list of the premium/standard cars, prices, stats, etc. if you want to spend your money wisely.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The thing that confused me on the premium/standard thing is that there's no note about whether the car you're looking to buy is premium or standard when in the dealership, so you might want to get a list of the premium/standard cars, prices, stats, etc. if you want to spend your money wisely.[/QUOTE]
Really? Looking online, in the GT life mode it looked like the new cars in the dealerships are all premium while all used cars are standard.

If that's the case, then it's not explained at all in GT Mode. I backed out to the main menu and looked at the in-game manual, which says it there, but I shouldn't have to back out that far to get that info. It should still just have the P or S icon on the info page to make that easier to understand.

Plus, the manual option in GT Mode seems to have 1/5 of the pages that would explain everything you have access to in that mode and what you'd need to know about them.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm giving in and getting this with release date delivery from amazon. If I like the game enough I'll probably get a wheel.[/QUOTE]

I finally gave in yesterday and pre-ordered from amazon. In the check out process I was clicking the different shipment options to see how much I was willing to spend to get it sooner. I hit the Release-Day shipping and it was free, well .99 which was discounted off my total.

Is that normal for pre-orders from amazon, free release day shipping or was it a promotion or what? I did not sign up for an amazon prime trial either. Just seemed crazy to me that release day shipping was free and 1 or 2 day shipping was expensive ha.

WTF, this game's install option is complete bullshit.

After the 133MB update (which took over 10 minutes), I decided to do the optional install and it said it would take 20 minutes. But after nearly 30 minutes, it's been stuck on "12 minutes remaining". Then it was stuck on "50 seconds remaining" for 7 minutes...

Oh wait, it's down to 9, 8... and now it's stuck on "3 seconds remaining"...

No wonder this game took 5 years. These guys can't even tell time right.

OMG, it's finally done... took 41 minutes just to install 8 fucking GBs.:bomb:

[quote name='Mr. 420']get over it[/QUOTE]

Why? If it only lasted 20 minutes (like it said it would) I wouldn't have cared but that fact that it took twice as long was annoying as fuck.

Oh well, it's over now. The game is fucking gorgeous and the load times are much shorter than they were in Prologue (so I guess the install does help). I wish the game my car in it though... they have a G35, why not a G37 dammit!:p

[quote name='Vinny']WTF, this game's install option is complete bullshit.

After the 133MB update (which took over 10 minutes), I decided to do the optional install and it said it would take 20 minutes. But after nearly 30 minutes, it's been stuck on "12 minutes remaining". Then it was stuck on "50 seconds remaining" for 7 minutes...

OMG, it's finally done... took 41 minutes just to install 8 fucking GBs.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't care if the game took 4 hours to install. It is still great.

Just got my CE confirmation from Amazon. Tomorrow is the big day! And my wheel stand arrives tonight so I'll be all ready to go! WOOHOO!

Hoping to get my copy at BB tomorrow. Pre-ordered on Monday, but apparently the employees had no idea what a pre-order ticket was, or even that they had a pre-order kiosk in the store.

Why must Amazon torture me so? I have two distribution centers in KY so they usually don't send me the ship notification until around midnight. Anyone who eventually wants to do some online, add me to your friend's list. Kbye.

I returned some games at GS yesterday, and they were taking multiple copies of GT5 out of a box. I don't plan on getting the game, but it will definitely be available to those who want it tomorrow.

[quote name='Vinny']WTF, this game's install option is complete bullshit.

OMG, it's finally done... took 41 minutes just to install 8 fucking GBs.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

The best part...the very very very best part...the cherry on top...after that patch and the huge install and whatever weird "installing" and loading screens came after--is that this game's loading times are STILL some of the worst I've seen this side of Dead Rising 2. I would hate to see what this game's loading is without the install.

Menu lag, load screens for everything, load screens for switching between items in a menu...it's incredible. There's no "pick up and play" factor with this game at all. With how short some of the events are, it takes longer to get there than to play.

I'll come clean and say that I'm not racing sim fan in the least and I've only played this because of Subway, but I can assure you, this game's loading situation is fucking terrible. And the smooth elevator jazz makes it that much more excruciating.

I did a couple of races and a finished the B class licenses. I got gold in 6 and silver on the rest... I simply cannot gold the ones that involve turning for any sort.:lol:

[quote name='ninja dog']The best part...the very very very best part...the cherry on top...after that patch and the huge install and whatever weird "installing" and loading screens came after--is that this game's loading times are STILL some of the worst I've seen this side of Dead Rising 2. I would hate to see what this game's loading is without the install.

Menu lag, load screens for everything, load screens for switching between items in a menu...it's incredible. There's no "pick up and play" factor with this game at all. With how short some of the events are, it takes longer to get there than to play.

I'll come clean and say that I'm not racing sim fan in the least and I've only played this because of Subway, but I can assure you, this game's loading situation is fucking terrible. And the smooth elevator jazz makes it that much more excruciating.[/QUOTE]

I can see why this would be extra frustrating to you but it isn't as bad for me since I've been playing GT for ages. I'm pretty used to it the loading between races/menus/etc though.

[quote name='Vinny']I did a couple of races and a finished the B class licenses. I got gold in 6 and silver on the rest... I simply cannot gold the ones that involve turning for any sort.:lol:

I can see why this would be extra frustrating to you but it isn't as bad for me since I've been playing GT for ages. I'm pretty used to it the loading between races/menus/etc though.[/QUOTE]

I golded all the B class license trials, never ever going to get that trophy :cry:

As for the loading, to me its actually much better than Prologue, but yeah if you never played a GT game before it can be really eye opening experience.

Also, please tell me people around here actually like racing with the slower cars, all the races I have been in tonight everyone just picks the Veyron or Zonda R. Touring Car style races where beating and banging doesn't end someones race is really really fun.

bread's done
Back