Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

Anyone want to trade for a stock Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept car? I have two, and would like to unload one. Both have black hoods, one is dark blue and the other is a medium green. Either one is available. PM if interested.

[quote name='m_d_amore']anyone have some drifting tips?[/QUOTE]
Depending on the horsepower of the car, use normal tires 1,2 or 3. 1 usually for the lower powered cars (sub 250HP range).

FR cars seem easiest. Turn off all assists, as for ABS, it's up to you, I usually leave it at 1. You can leave driving line to give you an idea of how to brake, but I find it doesn't give an optimal time for drifting. When taking a turn, just balance the brake and throttle. Most of the time I don't full on throttle during the turn. As for control config, I use R2 as throttle and L2 and brake.

Haven't had a chance to play it as much, but I remember the Silvia you win from the 90s japan race is pretty easy to drift with no mods and just tacking on N1 tires. Every car handles differently so you just gotta play around with the settings.

Just found one of the strangest cars I've seen in the used car dealership. The Caterham Seven Fireblade '02. It's this tiny roadster. It only puts out 155 HP before mods (looks like 200 HP will be easily achievable after supercharger and other mods), but it weighs an astonishing 369kg.

images

I believe a Caterham R500 was one of the fastest cars on the Top Gear test track. Hope it pops up on that used dealership soon, light cars are always fun to toss into turns.

[quote name='naiku']since I got the raincheck from best buy and yet to hear from them about the 99.99 Driving Force GT wheel.

Going to pick one up from buy.com.

http://www.buy.com/prod/logitech-dr...-feedback-ps2-or-ps3/q/loc/108/207932547.html

They have it for 89.99 with a 30$ MIR.[/QUOTE]

Great post.. I've been eyeing wheels for a few weeks now and figured I could get a better deal than $99 @ Best Buy (I was dead wrong otherwise).

Just needs to come back into stock now...

[quote name='SynGamer']They just posted bonus race #4. Seriously, if they keep this up I'll have to level 30 in no time, which is awesome :D[/QUOTE]

certainly beats having to grind a-spec endurances to level up.

[quote name='SynGamer']They just posted bonus race #4. Seriously, if they keep this up I'll have to level 30 in no time, which is awesome :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BeerBro']certainly beats having to grind a-spec endurances to level up.[/QUOTE]

After going through license I-C, Nascar school, and not even the beginner series, I went through Bonus Race #2 and I'm already at lvl 21 and sitting on 2m+ Cr.

In a way I feel cheap like I'm blowing through the game too fast because I'm just buying cars and throwing mods in them at will for whatever the race calls for...

I wish I'd paid attention to these bonus races before. Went through bonus race series 3 and 4 and it's caught my interest in the game again.

Anyone have car recommendations for the last race in Bonus Race 4 that requires JGTC/Super GT in the event?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Seasonal Events are great, just bought 10 cars in less than 15 minutes and have finally reached level 25.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I wish I'd paid attention to these bonus races before. Went through bonus race series 3 and 4 and it's caught my interest in the game again.

Anyone have car recommendations for the last race in Bonus Race 4 that requires JGTC/Super GT in the event?[/QUOTE]

I bought a lamborghini diablo that was in the Online Dealership. I tuned it a bit and was able to pull out the win pretty easily for a ton of credits and xp.

I never paid much attention to the bonus races...I should have! I ranked up a ton today just doing a few of them. Started at 15 I think and moved up to 23.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5552.html

A new update for GT5 is out now:
An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing

[Remote Races] have been added to the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen.
Here you can start a fully automated B-Spec race using yours and your friends' "My Drivers", and gain rewards and experience from it.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu, and also the new "Remote Race" page on gran-tursimo.com, under the GT5 product information section.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
In [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using a web browser, and remotely control your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check results from the website. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere.
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right corner of the website to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now use one of the "My Courses" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge), or select themes and generate courses on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update).

・Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the online race regulations (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) to limit participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) have been increased.

・More Event Settings in Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] have been added to the event settings for online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・More Penalties for Special Events
Penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] under [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience gained in [License] and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec, B-Spec and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], you can now borrow cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・More Car Settings
Gear ratio adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Multi-Monitor Feature
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi-Monitor], you can now access the multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in a wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Gameplay]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2P Battle] races.
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Bank Angle] has been added to the section settings in [Course Maker].
- In A-Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- Personal BGM can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When tire restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars with tires that qualify will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- Karts now have [Quick Menu settings.
- You can now select multiple items in some important menu screens, such as when registering your favorite cars in your [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive maneuver of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound effects would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added for room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimized.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- Car demo backdrops during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Force Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your game, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page.

Anyone up for some testing of tracks tomorrow? The banking really makes a difference with the tracks now, they feel a lot more organic./unique.

Patch 1.07 doesn't allow people to trade cars costing over 1,000,000 credits and people are in an uproar. Now people actually have to earn the cars themselves, scary:p

The people complaining about it the most are the ones who exploited it by using the birthday glitch, the backup save system, and then putting the cars on eBay at $5 a pop. They have themselves to blame.

People are still duping cars as we speak, I just sent one to someone a minute ago. The patch kind of solved nothing, even if it's capped at 1,000,000.

People are actually selling digital cars on ebay?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA The steath cars yea, but geez......every car IS accessible. This sounds like what EA does with it's DLC, paying X amount of dollars and the game is completely unlocked.

I feel sorry for the people who spend cash on such things.

[quote name='GTmaster39']People are still duping cars as we speak, I just sent one to someone a minute ago. The patch kind of solved nothing, even if it's capped at 1,000,000.

People are actually selling digital cars on ebay?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA The steath cars yea, but geez......every car IS accessible. This sounds like what EA does with it's DLC, paying X amount of dollars and the game is completely unlocked.

I feel sorry for the people who spend cash on such things.[/QUOTE]
They temporarily allowed trading of all cars again because they said it was unfair to not warn anyone first.

As for the eBay look at these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Ford-GT-LM-Race-Car-PS3-GT5-/110653740599?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19c37a1637

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gran-Turismo-Ford-Mark-IV-Race-Car-67-/180628251201?pt=FR_CA_Jeux_vid%C3%A9o&hash=item2a0e486241

Hell yes on the car sharing! smthng and jello4444 were nice enough to share some cars to help me get some gold medals. Guess who will have drivers filled with credits come Wednesday morning?

[quote name='j-cart']Hell yes on the car sharing! smthng and jello4444 were nice enough to share some cars to help me get some gold medals. Guess who will have drivers filled with credits come Wednesday morning?[/QUOTE]

You're quite welcome. I look forward to free monies. :D

My brother brought this home this weekend, he wanted to show me the best car in the game, and let me borrow it for my profile so I could fool around with it.

Besides the Menus, I don't get the hate for this game. I really don't. Perhaps it's because I'm not a Racing Sim buff but I'm amazed by the amount of content in this game that I don't know where to start. Also, Demonic Jeff Gordon gives me the creeps.

Once this game comes down in price I'll definitely buy it.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I could be making money right now.......o_O This is amazing.[/QUOTE]

See, and your parents told you that you are wasting your time playing video games. How can you be wasting time if you can make money off of them?!

OK, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to use someone's B-Spec Driver.

I go to the driver and I select him, but I can't do anything after that. It only gives me the "back" option.

Also, if I use someone else's driver, do we both get credit or just whomever's driver you use?

I think they've released 2 really good updates so far with a couple of others. I think they need to make a couple of things easier, like the License Test requirements, the Red Bull Challenge, and the 24 Hour Races in A-Spec. Oh, and allow me to just install the whole game because those load times, sheesh.

They need to adjust the time requirements for the first Grand Tour race in the Alpha Romeo. I'm a pad player and frankly it's the only race/test/event I've had any trouble with. I'm not even close on the time.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think they've released 2 really good updates so far with a couple of others. I think they need to make a couple of things easier, like the License Test requirements, the Red Bull Challenge, and the 24 Hour Races in A-Spec. Oh, and allow me to just install the whole game because those load times, sheesh.[/QUOTE]
They did lower the bronze times of the Red Bull challenge but left the others the same.

The license tests for me are strange. At first I just bronzed them all and moved on. Then I went back and tried to gold them. Some of them only take a few tries. Some of them take forever with me only able to gain minuscule amounts of time. There seems to be almost no margin of error on some of the tests and it's insane.

I also don't like how a bronze time can be several seconds lower than silver, but then the gold time is .2 seconds faster than silver. They could have evened it out a little better.

[quote name='sendme']Just got this the other day. I was wondering if anyone would recomend a good racing wheel.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on your budget. Logitech Driving Force GT at $130 to Thrustmaster T500RS at $600. Tack on another $100 to the T500RS if you want the optional shifter.

Anything cheaper than DFGT will be waste of money. They won't be much better than using the regular controller. I personally own the Logitech G25 (older version replaced by G27) and it works great with GT5. If I had to start over I'll go with Fanatec but can't really complain about my G25.

Logitech, Fanatec, and Thrustmasters are the companies making wheels but keep in mind currently there is severe wheel shortage in the market due to GT5.

edit: Reason why I said Fanatec is because their new GT2 wheel can be used for PS3, 360, and the PC. Same with their budget wheel at $160. Most wheels only do PS3 and PC but not 360.

[quote name='laaj']Logitech, Fanatec, and Thrustmasters are the companies making wheels but keep in mind currently there is severe wheel shortage in the market due to GT5.[/QUOTE]

Also, Logitech no longer holds the GT5 license so something tells me they stopped making their branded wheel a while ago.

[quote name='daphatty']Also, Logitech no longer holds the GT5 license so something tells me they stopped making their branded wheel a while ago.[/QUOTE]

Any you sure about that? I thought there are two official wheel for GT5 now instead of Logitech losing anything. Is a smart move on Polyphony Digital to have official premium wheel instead of official wheel being low end. Now they have both the low and high end.

I saw that t500r online. Wish I had the money to blow on it as I chances are would. I might have to check out that GT2 wheel. Being able to us it on PS3, 360 and PC is really nice.

[quote name='sendme']I saw that t500r online. Wish I had the money to blow on it as I chances are would. I might have to check out that GT2 wheel. Being able to us it on PS3, 360 and PC is really nice.[/QUOTE]

GT2 is like $500 if you get the premium pedals and shifter, but $300 if you only get the standard pedals without the shifter. $350 if you want the shifter.

I feel your pain about wheels costing lot of money but it is nothing compared to how much it'll cost you for real track days. Where you can drive your car around real tracks.

[quote name='laaj']I feel your pain about wheels costing lot of money but it is nothing compared to how much it'll cost you for real track days. Where you can drive your car around real tracks.[/QUOTE]
Be nice if they brought back the drag strip in Vegas along with that other marked distance test track. I got a lot of use out of that, more with practicing how to launch at the start for some of these races. I think they made most of them rolling starts now too, which is kinda weird.

[quote name='SynGamer']I just shared 3 drivers. Thanks J-cart for leveling my B-spec driver up to 15 (from 3) :D[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. Though PD just changed the Remote Racing payout. So I don't think I can get people into the 250,000 credit range anymore. Good news is that the experience gained is still the same.

Figured this would happen since some people on the GTP forums were raking in close to a million credits. Either way it isn't a problem for me. I'm just sitting at work, racing away. A fist pump comes from me every now and then when my driver lands a first place.

/edit: Holy crap smthng has a driver with over 320k.

I just got the gold chrome and silver chrome paint chips. I was thinking of giving the old premium mercedes or the mclarren mercedes the silver chrome and the schwimmington the gold chrome. What cars would you use chrome paint chips on? I was considering giving the citron racecar by gt chrome, but i like the standard paint on it already. I think Kaz is an idiot for making people do b-spec enduros and then giving them crap money, credits, and prize cars. A-spec is also way to short and limited but i love the game overall. The most dissapointing thing to me is you can make money or level up in arcade mode but hopefully they will change that.

[quote name='SynGamer']I just shared 3 drivers. Thanks J-cart for leveling my B-spec driver up to 15 (from 3) :D[/QUOTE]

Here here!

He got my B-spec level to 15 as well. Thanks a bunch!

My guys still can't win a race for shit though. I'll have to check out Mad's guide some time later.

Edit : So, I've been playing with Remote mode for a while now, so check yo drivers, you guys have gotten a lot of monies.

A couple pieces of news

-the 1,000,000cr trade limit will go back into effect on March 3rd.
-Kaz said on his twitter that endurance race saving is in development. How the saving will be implemented has not be discussed.

[quote name='bearhawk72']
-Kaz said on his twitter that endurance race saving is in development. How the saving will be implemented has not be discussed.[/QUOTE]

About time. Well they can copy what Test Drive Le Mans did on the Dreamcast. That game allowed you to save during pit stops. And to prevent players from falling back on previous save when they mess up, they can delete the save if you decide to continue after the pit stop.

[quote name='laaj']About time. Well they can copy what Test Drive Le Mans did on the Dreamcast. That game allowed you to save during pit stops. And to prevent players from falling back on previous save when they mess up, they can delete the save if you decide to continue after the pit stop.[/QUOTE]
That seems like the most logical choice.

[quote name='flashburn']Thanks a ton j-cart for the XP and money! I'll do my best to return the favor. :)[/QUOTE]

That was me returning the favor. Before I went to work I saw like 5 of my drivers all in the 2 dot range.

As for everyone else. There are a lot of people with new drivers, so I worked on mainly the low level guys. smthng needs no more help. Nobody race his drivers until he shares a sweet car :mrgreen: (Formula GT!). Okay I kid, but I tried my best to keep even.

bread's done
Back