Gran Turismo 5 black friday & cyber monday week deals

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
The pre-order deals section is now COMPLETE.
See Post #4 for the archived pre-order and retailer exclusive pre-order cars deals. Post #4 is here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7776753&postcount=4

Post Release Date Deals Section
The deals in this section DO NOT come with pre-order bonus cars unless explicitly noted.

Standard Edition Deals

Walmart (online only) standard ed. $49.99
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11991856

Amazon gt5 standard ed. $53.99 & part of B1G1 50% off
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA1C6

Kmart (in-store week of 28/11/10) $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ LIVE

Kmart (in-store only from 24/11/10 - 27/11/10): GT5 standard ed. w/ $25 gaming coupon DEAD
Must be a Shop Your War Reward Member

Toys r us:
Thursday 10:00 pm - Friday at 1:00 pm states you'll get a $20 gift card

GT5 Bundles
Walmart.com cyber monday week (LIVE as of 28/11/10)
ps3 + ps3 remote + 2 games from list (including gt5 standard ed) + 1 blu-ray film from list. Total: $388
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15128060

Best Buy 28/11/10 - 4/12/10
Select eligible Sony TV eg. Sony 46" LED HDTV (KDL-46NX800) $1299.99 + Free 160 PS3 system + Free Gran Turismo 5 + Free Bluray Grown Ups. Total: $1299.99
Alternative TVs:
Sony - BRAVIA / 55" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV // Model: KDL-55HX800 for $2199.98
Sony - BRAVIA / 46" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV // Model: KDL-46HX800 $1,699.98
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electro...00050017.c?id=pcmcat227100050017&DCMP=rdr1430

Warning: it is NOT recommended that you purchase the Meijer bundle b/c the wheel is crap.
Meijer.com GT5 bundle: GT5 standard edition & Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel. Bundle total: $79.99
Meijer.com: http://www.meijer.com/s/gran-turismo-5-for-playstation-3/_/R-136942

Stealth cars pack from European Signature Edition
Purchase at your own risk
Ebay.com stealth cars pack $20
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...57362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5641wt_1141
Audi R10 TDI Stealth (European region exclusive)
Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Mazda 787B Stealth (European region exclusive)
McLaren F1 Stealth
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Steath
(Does not include Joey Logano NASCAR)
Directions from the seller: "Hi! we don't know until the Gran Turismo 5 is released. 80 % it will be region free, but in case it is region locked, you can just create a free European account on PlayStation Network, download the cars on you PlayStation 3 and after that used them normally in the game under your Canada/USA account. We had tried before with a different DLC code and it work flawlessly. Thank you for the question."

Where you can still purchase GT5 Collector's Edition (in stock):

Buy.com Collector's Edition w/ free shipping for continental U.S. $$94.99 after $5 off $75 coupon ($99.99 reg. price)
http://www.buy.com/prod/gran-turismo-5-collectors-edition/q/loc/108/216550822.html

Buy.com $5 off $75 coupon: http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=83125283
More buy.com coupons: http://www.dealigg.com/story-Buy-com-Coupons-15-off-200-10-off-175-5-off-50-more-1

Amazon.com $99.99
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6HEKQ

Kmart.com (NOT sold in stores) $99.99

Sears.com $99.99
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05837562000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Target through amazon.com or target.com $99.99
http://www.target.com/Gran-Tourismo-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B003O6HEKQ/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

Bestbuy.com or select b&m locations $99.99

Sonystyle.com $99.99
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666238185

FYE (in-store only) Collector's Ed. w/ 10% off for FYE rewards members. $99.99 or $89.99

Gamestop.com and in-store $99.99

Retailers Out of Stock for Collector's Ed.

Newegg.com $99.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1&cm_re=gran_turismo_5-_-79-261-251-_-Product

Updates
24/11/10: Updated retailers that have CE in stock; Added Meijer.com gt5 + wheel bundle. Thanks liveinky !!!
27/11/10: Added best buy tv/ps3/gt5 bundles and walmart ps3 bundle
01/12/10: Amazon $10 credit w/ purchase of gt5 standard. ed.
03/12/10: Standard ed. @ Walmart for $49.99
09/12/10: Amazon credit dead, but gt5 is now part of b1g1 50% off sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dudejeff22']$54.95 preorder (w/ stealth Benz) + $20 Black Ops credit = GT5 for $34.95.

It will go well with the $195 Logitech G27 I ordered while it was up for like 8 hours!

muahahaha[/QUOTE]

Check the logitech site, I was about to get a squaretrade warranty for that until I saw that my order had been 'cancelled by the system'...hope you have better luck than I did.

[quote name='eau']You should keep the preorder box. I believe the bonus car code is inside the box.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any preorder boxes for GT5 at my local BB.I don't know if it is because they have this touchscreen device where you preorder your games. Instead of bringing up the preorder box, it prints out a slip and you preorder it that way.

I'll have to check back sometime this week, or when I go pick up my copy.

Have it pre-ordered from Amazon for $40 thanks to $20 credit from NFS HP, now if you'll excuse I have to bust some racers.

[quote name='aoi145']Check the logitech site, I was about to get a squaretrade warranty for that until I saw that my order had been 'cancelled by the system'...hope you have better luck than I did.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped and is currently in Memphis, TN according to the shipment tracking. I'm sorry to hear that they canceled yours. Sucks man. :cry:

Have you tried contacting them and seeing if you can get them to honor your order?

i'm planning on buying it from kmart and use the $25 gaming coupon on need for speed hot pursuit on black friday and get it for $10 =) so i'll get both gran turismo 5 and nfs:hp for a total of $70....:D

[quote name='BadgerDodger']i'm planning on buying it from kmart and use the $25 gaming coupon on need for speed hot pursuit on black friday and get it for $10 =) so i'll get both gran turismo 5 and nfs:hp for a total of $70....:D[/QUOTE]

There is a week hold over on the gaming coupon dates. They are not valid till the following week from which you buy them.

What you should do is just buy hot pursuit this week, get that 25 coupon and apply it to gt5 next week. You will get the same deal in the coupon target range.

[quote name='jello44']I haven't seen any preorder boxes for GT5 at my local BB.I don't know if it is because they have this touchscreen device where you preorder your games. Instead of bringing up the preorder box, it prints out a slip and you preorder it that way.

I'll have to check back sometime this week, or when I go pick up my copy.[/QUOTE]
Exactly the same with me. I was told that this is tne new way they are going to preorder games now, so no boxes. The preorder bonus car code shopuld be in the game inself, but I am not sure if I trust this. Appear that Best Buy still think the game will be released on Dec. 31 and that is exactly what is writen on the preorder slip. I got one from the touchscreen device in the store, just to see it, but never actualy preorder it in the register. I think I will check other Best buy stores, or may be just preorder from Gamestop for both extra cars.

any deal on this game is a deal you are defiantly going to get $60 worth of game I saw the car and track list and started to pop wood at the amount of content on this disc

If anyone has an extra schick razor code and would be kind enough to donate it, that would be so sickkk. Or if anyone is interested in a trade.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Amazon is sold out of the GT5 Collector Edition.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I got 3 for $280 on buy.com with coupon code.

I put the last 776 on walmart.com my cart and total before tax and shipping was $77,568.96

[quote name='Tate Donovan']I want that NSX, but I don't want to go into Wal-Mart. Damn.[/QUOTE]

home shipping? might be worth the few dollars to avoid BF crowds all throughout the weekend.

getting the CE too from walmart. getting site to store, but picking up late thursday.

Could you guys fill me in as to why a lot of customers don't want to order it from Walmart? Is it because the delivery date estimate is late or are the shipping costs high? I'm just curious.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Could you guys fill me in as to why a lot of customers don't want to order it from Walmart? Is it because the delivery date estimate is late or are the shipping costs high? I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just because a lot of people hate Walmart. I don't think it's the shipping.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I think it's just because a lot of people hate Walmart. I don't think it's the shipping.[/QUOTE]

:applause: who wants to go anywhere near a walmart for a BF release game.

EDIT: i just placed my order at walmart. they don't offer site to store. i guess shipping to home it is.

I really want to get the Collector's Edition at Kmart since I have a $20 coupon from Kirby, but my store really sucks and I doubt they'll have it.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Amazon is sold out of the GT5 Collector Edition.[/QUOTE]
Seems like it's available now.

I just ordered my GT 5 collector's from Best buy. I got the box, and the code for the Nissan car is inside (I have it in my hands). Also they offer 500 pts ($10 reard zone certificate) if you preorder and in addition there is 10% off cupon if you are silver reward zone member, which will be still valid at the time of game release. All in all it could cost you arround $80 plus tax. I am also expecting some rewrd zone $ certificates, so it could be sweet. I think it is one of the best offers now available, so whoever is not preordered yet should consider it very seriously.

About best buy, you have to check your local store, b/c only some are getting the collector's edition in. check the website for store availability like you would any other product. if you're store isn't getting it in it'll say unavailable. a store that is getting it in will say pickup on november 24th.

It may be altogether better to go in-store and see if you can reserve a CE b/c that may give you a better chance at getting the pre order car. The online best buy CEs probably won't ship w/ the best buy car.

UPDATE: I just got back from best buy. I couldn't pre-order the CE from there and they aren't getting any in next week or ever. It was only possible to pre-order the standard edition using their touch screen kiosk but I declined.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ivos']I just ordered my GT 5 collector's from Best buy. I got the box, and the code for the Nissan car is inside (I have it in my hands). Also they offer 500 pts ($10 reard zone certificate) if you preorder and in addition there is 10% off cupon if you are silver reward zone member, which will be still valid at the time of game release. All in all it could cost you arround $80 plus tax. I am also expecting some rewrd zone $ certificates, so it could be sweet. I think it is one of the best offers now available, so whoever is not preordered yet should consider it very seriously.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a deal, but that 10% off excludes new releases. So it would be $108 after tax and you get the $10 RZ and the Nissan car code.

I pre-ordered with Amazon before the promo car was removed from the page. I think I'll still get it, but I just want a confirmation. Does anyone know if this is because they ran out of codes or if they just won't be getting any codes at all?

Amazon jacked up the reg. version to $60 with $10 credit, no preorder bonus cars either. Looks like BB in-store for preorder bonus, GS for the 2 cars, and Walmart has 1 car. Just going to do the $5 down at GS and BB and get the 3 preorder cars.

[quote name='Tsnake617']I pre-ordered with Amazon before the promo car was removed from the page. I think I'll still get it, but I just want a confirmation. Does anyone know if this is because they ran out of codes or if they just won't be getting any codes at all?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. oh well we'll see I guess

i was going to use my $20 credit and order from amazon but i don't see the option for release day shipping anywhere. does it show up for anyone else?

Does anyone think retailers will start getting shipments of GT5 on Friday? My local K-Mart sometimes puts out games early. I would love to grab this before release!

amazon preorder car is back? i was browsing the main video games page and saw this banner across the top.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642

gt5-pre_ss._V194071687_.gif

i went to the gt5 product page, but it doesn't mention it. i went ahead and pre-ordered. the confirmation email invoice only mentions the $10 promo credit will be applied after it ships.

for you guys who pre-ordered when the pre-order car was clearly on the gt5 page, did your confirmation email mention anything about the code being emailed to you?

[quote name='TheyCallMeMoney']Does anyone think retailers will start getting shipments of GT5 on Friday? My local K-Mart sometimes puts out games early. I would love to grab this before release![/QUOTE]

Even if you did, you wouldn't be given the coupon until the 24th. So you'd just be better off purchasing it anywhere else if you don't want to wait.

[quote name='topdogg069']i was going to use my $20 credit and order from amazon but i don't see the option for release day shipping anywhere. does it show up for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I was trying to pre-order it as well but I didn't see the option for release-date shipping either. Live chat with CS told me it was unavailable because of my address. I've gotten release-date delivery at this address before so I don't know if that's true or not.

[quote name='Interfeci']Even if you did, you wouldn't be given the coupon until the 24th. So you'd just be better off purchasing it anywhere else if you don't want to wait.[/QUOTE]

I already have the game pre ordered from Amazon and I'm not worried about the code. I figured if I can get it early at K-Mart and then return the copy I get from amazon later. That way I get the code and game credit plus play the game early. It's the ULTIMATE PLAN! All I need is for K Mart to screw up and put the game out early.

BTW I did this with SSF4 and worked to perfection.

Update: Limite dedition from Buy.com is $99.99 (not 94.99) now and with cupon it will go down to $94.99. This is the only place (maybe Also Barns and Noble) which still have collecor's edition available for preorder. Also it comes with free shipping. So hurry up !!!

[quote name='ivos']Update: Limite dedition from Buy.com is $99.99 (not 94.99) now and with cupon it will go down to $94.99. This is the only place (maybe Also Barns and Noble) which still have collecor's edition available for preorder. Also it comes with free shipping. So hurry up !!![/QUOTE]

Also Walmart.com, at least there you get one of the Stealth Bonus Cars, whereas I'm not sure about Buy.com...

Walmart.com is sold out of the Collectors- ordered another one last night for the code and today its says
est. delivery 12/15 and 12/16.

[quote name='aj slick']Walmart.com is sold out of the Collectors- ordered another one last night for the code and today its says
est. delivery 12/15 and 12/16.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I ordered mine 11/16, (now listed as sold out on Walmart.com), but I do see the est. delivery dates are similar to what you're saying. I just figured they never corrected the release date to 11/24. What do you think? I mean it is sold out, so as long as I get a Collector's Edition, I'm cool.

I have 3 CE from buy.com- 2 ebay
and 1 CE from walmart for the code-return or ebay
and 1 reg from GS for the code- return
have to get 1 CE from BB for code- return or ebay

[quote name='Mr_Franki']Hmm, I ordered mine 11/16, (now listed as sold out on Walmart.com), but I do see the est. delivery dates are similar to what you're saying. I just figured they never corrected the release date to 11/24. What do you think? I mean it is sold out, so as long as I get a Collector's Edition, I'm cool.[/QUOTE]

You should be good.

[quote name='ivos']I just ordered my GT 5 collector's from Best buy. I got the box, and the code for the Nissan car is inside (I have it in my hands). Also they offer 500 pts ($10 reard zone certificate) if you preorder and in addition there is 10% off cupon if you are silver reward zone member, which will be still valid at the time of game release. All in all it could cost you arround $80 plus tax. I am also expecting some rewrd zone $ certificates, so it could be sweet. I think it is one of the best offers now available, so whoever is not preordered yet should consider it very seriously.[/QUOTE]
Ivos and everyone else:
How do you know that the CE yields 500 pts ($10 reward zone certificate)?
I thought that you had to normally spend $500 for 500 points which equal to $10 reward certificate. So the rate is normally $1 per point as seen here: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/programOverview.jspx

I pre-ordered gt5 Collector's Ed. from bestbuy.com (not in-store) and i'm a reward zone member. Are there any differences regarding points if you order online vs. in-store? Thanks.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Ivos and everyone else:
How do you know that the CE yields 500 pts ($10 reward zone certificate)?
I thought that you had to normally spend $500 for 500 points which equal to $10 reward certificate. So the rate is normally $1 per point as seen here: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/programOverview.jspx

I pre-ordered gt5 Collector's Ed. from bestbuy.com (not in-store) and i'm a reward zone member. Are there any differences regarding points if you order online vs. in-store? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
There is a special promotion going on if you peorder GT 5 game standard or collector's edition - you will automaticaly receive 500 pts as a bonus ($10). Altho it is not visible in the Best buy web site the promotion is printed on the preorder box itself. I do asume it is valid if it is advertised. Atleast you can argue your case with customer service if you have to. So I beleive it is better to order in the store using preorder box if you can

Also as Best buy advertise on their gamer zone web site. If you spend I beleive $130 of qualifing gaming purchise you qualify for another $5. Collector's edition is $100 so you need $30 more

[quote name='aj slick']I have 3 CE from buy.com- 2 ebay
and 1 CE from walmart for the code-return or ebay
and 1 reg from GS for the code- return
have to get 1 CE from BB for code- return or ebay[/QUOTE]

you are a winner!!

Just to let anyone know. I pre-ordered at Best Buy and there was a little confusion concerning the code for the bonus GT-R. The guy in the store told me that there would be a token inside a pre-order box, but I was never given one. So I called Best Buy and after about 30 minutes of trying to contact the right person I finally got someone in their gaming department who told me I would receive the code via email a week after release. I will see when I pick up the game next week if they give me a token anyways.

bread's done
Back