Gran Turismo 5 black friday & cyber monday week deals

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
The pre-order deals section is now COMPLETE.
See Post #4 for the archived pre-order and retailer exclusive pre-order cars deals. Post #4 is here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7776753&postcount=4

Post Release Date Deals Section
The deals in this section DO NOT come with pre-order bonus cars unless explicitly noted.

Standard Edition Deals

Walmart (online only) standard ed. $49.99
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11991856

Amazon gt5 standard ed. $53.99 & part of B1G1 50% off
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA1C6

Kmart (in-store week of 28/11/10) $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ LIVE

Kmart (in-store only from 24/11/10 - 27/11/10): GT5 standard ed. w/ $25 gaming coupon DEAD
Must be a Shop Your War Reward Member

Toys r us:
Thursday 10:00 pm - Friday at 1:00 pm states you'll get a $20 gift card

GT5 Bundles
Walmart.com cyber monday week (LIVE as of 28/11/10)
ps3 + ps3 remote + 2 games from list (including gt5 standard ed) + 1 blu-ray film from list. Total: $388
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15128060

Best Buy 28/11/10 - 4/12/10
Select eligible Sony TV eg. Sony 46" LED HDTV (KDL-46NX800) $1299.99 + Free 160 PS3 system + Free Gran Turismo 5 + Free Bluray Grown Ups. Total: $1299.99
Alternative TVs:
Sony - BRAVIA / 55" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV // Model: KDL-55HX800 for $2199.98
Sony - BRAVIA / 46" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV // Model: KDL-46HX800 $1,699.98
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electro...00050017.c?id=pcmcat227100050017&DCMP=rdr1430

Warning: it is NOT recommended that you purchase the Meijer bundle b/c the wheel is crap.
Meijer.com GT5 bundle: GT5 standard edition & Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel. Bundle total: $79.99
Meijer.com: http://www.meijer.com/s/gran-turismo-5-for-playstation-3/_/R-136942

Stealth cars pack from European Signature Edition
Purchase at your own risk
Ebay.com stealth cars pack $20
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...57362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5641wt_1141
Audi R10 TDI Stealth (European region exclusive)
Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Mazda 787B Stealth (European region exclusive)
McLaren F1 Stealth
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Steath
(Does not include Joey Logano NASCAR)
Directions from the seller: "Hi! we don't know until the Gran Turismo 5 is released. 80 % it will be region free, but in case it is region locked, you can just create a free European account on PlayStation Network, download the cars on you PlayStation 3 and after that used them normally in the game under your Canada/USA account. We had tried before with a different DLC code and it work flawlessly. Thank you for the question."

Where you can still purchase GT5 Collector's Edition (in stock):

Buy.com Collector's Edition w/ free shipping for continental U.S. $$94.99 after $5 off $75 coupon ($99.99 reg. price)
http://www.buy.com/prod/gran-turismo-5-collectors-edition/q/loc/108/216550822.html

Buy.com $5 off $75 coupon: http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=83125283
More buy.com coupons: http://www.dealigg.com/story-Buy-com-Coupons-15-off-200-10-off-175-5-off-50-more-1

Amazon.com $99.99
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6HEKQ

Kmart.com (NOT sold in stores) $99.99

Sears.com $99.99
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05837562000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Target through amazon.com or target.com $99.99
http://www.target.com/Gran-Tourismo-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B003O6HEKQ/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

Bestbuy.com or select b&m locations $99.99

Sonystyle.com $99.99
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666238185

FYE (in-store only) Collector's Ed. w/ 10% off for FYE rewards members. $99.99 or $89.99

Gamestop.com and in-store $99.99

Retailers Out of Stock for Collector's Ed.

Newegg.com $99.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1&cm_re=gran_turismo_5-_-79-261-251-_-Product

Updates
24/11/10: Updated retailers that have CE in stock; Added Meijer.com gt5 + wheel bundle. Thanks liveinky !!!
27/11/10: Added best buy tv/ps3/gt5 bundles and walmart ps3 bundle
01/12/10: Amazon $10 credit w/ purchase of gt5 standard. ed.
03/12/10: Standard ed. @ Walmart for $49.99
09/12/10: Amazon credit dead, but gt5 is now part of b1g1 50% off sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegreek']you are a winner!![/QUOTE]

Just want all the preorder cars and the collectors might sell out or hard to get.

[quote name='gibration']How long does the credit from kmart usually last for? In other words, does it expire? If so, when?[/QUOTE]
It usualu starts the following week after the promotion and alst about 30 days

Never preorder @ walmart.com before, how do they ship you the preorder bonus? Do they ship the game with the download voucher, or do they email you the download code separately?

[quote name='aj slick']I have 3 CE from buy.com- 2 ebay
and 1 CE from walmart for the code-return or ebay
and 1 reg from GS for the code- return
have to get 1 CE from BB for code- return or ebay[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize the CE doesn't include all the store-exclusive preorder bonuses. I thought Sony is going to do this to the new CEs like LBP2 and Killzone 3 CE.

I think there are 5 extra preorder cars available-
Amazon- MB SLS Stealth
Walmart- Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model
Best Buy- GTR GT500 Stealth
Gamestop- McLaren F1 Stealth and the Joey Logano NASCAR vehicle

[quote name='ivos']There is a special promotion going on if you peorder GT 5 game standard or collector's edition - you will automaticaly receive 500 pts as a bonus ($10). Altho it is not visible in the Best buy web site the promotion is printed on the preorder box itself. I do asume it is valid if it is advertised. Atleast you can argue your case with customer service if you have to. So I beleive it is better to order in the store using preorder box if you can[/QUOTE]
thanks, ivos

and thanks for the video ssjmichael
Is anyone else completely underwhelmed by the apex book? I was really hoping for a comprehensive approach to racing and tuning. The diecast car looks tight, but I was planning on selling mine anyway. I was getting the CE primarily for the book...i don't know. I kind of want to cancel my pre-order now and just pick up the standard edition at kmart. I'll have to sleep on it.

I like the book, but I'm not huge into cars or anything. I thought it did have a lot of info on tuning and such?

Here's some info I found: http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo-5-apex-book-previews-release-rumors/

Buyers of the Gran Turismo 5 Collectors Edition will be receiving a 300-page book called “Apex” and below are the first previews of the Japanese version of the reference material.
The book will be split into 6 chapters, including info on driving techniques & tuning, the title’s photo mode as well as a detailed index of all tracks and cars included in the massive title.
- Chapter 1:Driving Techniques
- Chapter 2:Mechanism
- Chapter 3:Tuning & Settings
- Chapter 4:Photo Mode
- Chapter 5:Course Index
- Chapter 6:Car Index

I desperately want that Signature Edition, but I don't think it's worth the $200. I might just get the regular edition now. The NA special edition just doesn't compare in the slightest.

:whistle2:(

@ssjmichael
Ok, you convinced me. I won't cancel. Still, I was a bit disappointed because I just don't have much faith in them being able to contribute great info in such a small form factor. Not to mention all of pics that take up entire pages as the guy flipped through it.

@hyperlink
That newegg link is for the standard edition though, and newegg doesn't have any pre-order car bonus. If you're going to get the standard edition, I would suggest kmart (in-store) or amazon if price is your main concern. If pre-order bonus cars are what you're after then gamestop, best buy, and walmart are still offering them.

update: walmart standard ed. w/ pre-order car SOLD OUT. just edited the op. thanks eau.

release day shipping is back up for amazon! was getting worried i would have to pay full price day one and not be able to use my $20 credit

[quote name='topdogg069']release day shipping is back up for amazon! was getting worried i would have to pay full price day one and not be able to use my $20 credit[/QUOTE]

SWEET thanks for posting that, I was able to change the shipping on my order from next day to free release date switching.

[quote name='PublikDefender']thanks, ivos

and thanks for the video ssjmichael
Is anyone else completely underwhelmed by the apex book? I was really hoping for a comprehensive approach to racing and tuning. The diecast car looks tight, but I was planning on selling mine anyway. I was getting the CE primarily for the book...i don't know. I kind of want to cancel my pre-order now and just pick up the standard edition at kmart. I'll have to sleep on it.[/QUOTE]

If you really wanted to read about learn about proper racing techniques, there are quite a few good books out there that you could buy with the cost difference between the regular and CE edition of this game, if that's what you're mostly looking for.

does anyone know what kind of deal toysrus will do for the standard edition because I know the release date got updated after next weeks ad's were done because I got a toysrus gc to burn.The only deal I know so far is kmart doing a $25 coupon.

Thanks

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Any one know where I can order the signature edition to import to the states??[/QUOTE]
that will be a pretty expensive edition

:cry:

but very good regardless

Tempted to get the collectors edition from Newegg. Free shipping and no tax. Pay 5 bucks for the preorder at best buy to get the GTR code.

Just heads up: If you go to FYE store which sells games, they also accept preorders for GT 5 standard and collectors editions. Also if you have FYE stage pass it will give you 10% off. In addition they may give you cupon for adiitonal $10 off as preorder bonus. (Depends of the manager I think). Stage pass is sort of FYE rewards card, which give you 10% off of evry purchise, but is not free, it cost $25 per year. I think is a bit YMMV, but worth to try, since thay still have GT 5 to be released on Dec. 31.

Just a heads-up...Amazon once again is offering the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model car in-game, as well as the $10 GC bonus.

Placed my order a bit ago, using my $30 GC, total game to $29.99. I'm happy! :)

Cancelled and re-ordered just to be safe :D

also i just played the "demo" at Target
fuckin awesome lookin game except that i sucked
never played a racing game except for burnout :(

ah damn it
i lost my Release Date Delivery...wtf

spoke with a representative and this is what i got

I appreciate you're patience.9:42:02 PMShaheeruddin:'Gran Turismo 5' was eligible for Release-Date Delivery. Unfortunately, orders must be placed at least 5 days before the published release date for this shipping option to be available.9:42:07 PM
Shaheeruddin:Due to the processing and packaging time required to prepare orders for Release-Date Delivery, we could not offer this shipping option for your recent order because it was placed after the ordering deadline. I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

wtf

That's weird. I got release day delivery, and I just ordered a few minutes ago. I do have Prime, so maybe that matters?

That is strange. I remember literally ordering Modern Warfare 2 at like 11pm the Sunday before it came out, and still had Release Day Delivery.

finally bit on the best buy collectors edition... i kinda held out till the last minute beacuse i thought kmart would get some CE but they didnt and i missed the freaken amazon and gamestop preordering... oh well atleast i get a card from best buy...

i think with the large amounts of complaints, amazon just re-offered release day shipping. I preorder mine last night with an expected date of Nov 30 with prime and changed it this morning to release day shipping.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']Tempted to get the collectors edition from Newegg. Free shipping and no tax. Pay 5 bucks for the preorder at best buy to get the GTR code.[/QUOTE]

I don't think BB has the GTR code anymore. They have some new kiosk touchscreen that prints a receipt for a preorder. Walmart is sold out of the regular edition now. The collectors editions for Amazon are being sold by Target and the Barnes and Knoble ones are being sold by Gamestop?

Talk about a flying under the radar release. Between all the seeming delays -- its finally here, hopefully -- should have been a launch game with the PS3.

Hopefully?!???!

Be prepared, It's coming.

Really it only had two delays. One in March and the other in November (which was only 3 weeks). It just had a long dev cycle, some games do. Team Ico has been working on The Last Guardian for 5 plus years as well.

[quote name='aj slick']I don't think BB has the GTR code anymore. They have some new kiosk touchscreen that prints a receipt for a preorder. Walmart is sold out of the regular edition now. The collectors editions for Amazon are being sold by Target and the Barnes and Knoble ones are being sold by Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

BB now will email you the code a week after the games release, as I was told over the phone by a best buy gaming rep. When I went into the store last week to pre order, the system automatically asked for my email. I am pretty sure BB ran out of pre order boxes in store.

Might have to cancel some preorders and get these 6 stealth cars-
Audi R10 TDI Stealth
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Mazda 787B Stealth
McLaren F1 Stealth

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...57362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5641wt_1141

Joey Logano NASCAR vehicle is the only one I need from Gamestop. EDIT- unsure if these codes will work with US PS3's. Can anyone confirm if these will work on any region?

i'd be extremely careful about using the stealth car dlc code from the signature edition. it may not work on north american playstations. from what i understand, dlc codes can sometimes be region-specific.

just the other day, i was given codes for some kind of charlie chaplin thing for playstation home and i got an error message saying my region was unavailable. normal games are different than playstation home (which is always region-specific) but i'd do some researcch and get confirmation that it would work on your ps3 account of choice

Not sure bout if it works or not
but if it does work then it would work as a share from an european account

This is what he said
Hi! we don't know until the Gran Turismo 5 is released. 80 % it will be region free, but in case it is region locked, you can just create a free European account on PlayStation Network, download the cars on you PlayStation 3 and after that used them normally in the game under your Canada/USA account. We had tried before with a different DLC code and it work flawlessly. Thank you for the question.

So we can grab 5 cags and purchase one code for all of us which will benefit us
4 dollars each to cover the 20 dollar cost

[quote name='cRodz']Not sure bout if it works or not
but if it does work then it would work as a share from an european account

This is what he said

So we can grab 5 cags and purchase one code for all of us which will benefit us
4 dollars each to cover the 20 dollar cost[/QUOTE]

I ordered one, so if you want the code pm me. I take paypal and will send a paypal invoice for the code. $4-

Where is this K-mart $25 gc mentioned? I read the BlackFriday ads and I don't see any mention of this deal on there.

[quote name='aj slick']Might have to cancel some preorders and get these 6 stealth cars-
Audi R10 TDI Stealth
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Mazda 787B Stealth
McLaren F1 Stealth

Joey Logano NASCAR vehicle is the only one I need from Gamestop. EDIT- unsure if these codes will work with US PS3's. Can anyone confirm if these will work on any region?[/QUOTE]

I am seriously thinking about getting that if it worked with US PS3s.

I already have 4 of those preorder cars and the Joey Logano Nascar, so its not worth the chance it might not work or switching profiles just for a few cars.

I read op but thx... I meant where is official confirmation of this deal bc the black Friday ads don't mention it so idk whether to just stick with amazon or cancel preorder and go to kmart instead.

[quote name='aj slick']Might have to cancel some preorders and get these 6 stealth cars-
Audi R10 TDI Stealth
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Mazda 787B Stealth
McLaren F1 Stealth

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...57362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5641wt_1141

Joey Logano NASCAR vehicle is the only one I need from Gamestop. EDIT- unsure if these codes will work with US PS3's. Can anyone confirm if these will work on any region?[/QUOTE]
I am not sure and a bit suspecious. The writing with the explanation on the card with the codes is in Russian. I am not sure how legit is all this offer.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Where in the US can you get the Audi R10 Stealth car code?[/QUOTE]

These cars are from the euro signature edition. The R10 and the Mazda stealths are the only 2 that arent in the US.

Yeah, getting these 6 stealth cars on eBay is a no-brainer...

You're protected through PayPal...these will skyrocket in price.

I see no reason they will not work, it's much like downloading a demo from another region and playing it on your US account.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now I can sell the pre-order bonus from Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop, and Wal-Mart to cover the cost of these and not have to worry about tracking down the others.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, getting these 6 stealth cars on eBay is a no-brainer...

You're protected through PayPal...these will skyrocket in price.

I see no reason they will not work, it's much like downloading a demo from another region and playing it on your US account.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now I can sell the pre-order bonus from Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop, and Wal-Mart to cover the cost of these and not have to worry about tracking down the others.[/QUOTE]

I would wait to see if they work before u sell the US codes-

bread's done
Back